[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Huetugal manage to stay one big ol Portuguese speaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: brazil-map.gif (290KB, 1000x1001px) Image search: [Google]
brazil-map.gif
290KB, 1000x1001px
How did Huetugal manage to stay one big ol Portuguese speaking cunt and not split up like the Spanish colonies?
>>
File: 1424668922917.png (55KB, 822x796px) Image search: [Google]
1424668922917.png
55KB, 822x796px
>>51129427
blacks are easier to dominate
native blood makes you rebel and go full revolutinary mode ever 10 years or so, thats why mexico is so shit
>>
It was not them, it was us. After we got the independence our new emperror was strong enough to crush all the separatist revolutions.
>>
>>51129527
So how was brazil able to transition into a not empire and still not lose clay?*

*Uruguay notwithstanding
>>
>>51129427
a strong government that squashed all indepence movements
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Brazil
>>
>>51129527
>it was us

What Us? There were no "Us"

Don't you realize you were us?

We were the same. European portuguese were the "us" you're talking about.
>>
>>51129600
>indepence
oops, i meant secessionists*
>>
>>51129594
We from the south tried to separate ourselves also. But Brazil was too strong
>>
Because Napoleon happended
>>
>>51129594
Because we became a based strong monarchy instead of another latino republic.
Our first emperror went to became king of portugal later too.
>>51129634
Indeed, our royal family was pretty much portuguese.
>>
>>51129645
So?
>>
>>51129711
what do you mean "so?"
it was a domino effect
Spain and Portugal were absorbed by Napoleon, then every latinamerican country said "fuck that we ain't french", and then portuguese royal family simply moved to Brazil to rule from there, then Napoleon lost and the brits got Falklands, they also got British Honduras, lots of stuff happened. and all because of La Fayette and King Louis XVII's money going to USA and causing revolutions all around the globe
>>
The king BTFO the separatists. There was like 5 or 6 big secession movements. If they were successfull we would be smaller than Colombia.
>>
>>51129687
>royal family

actually it was everyone. we were the only ones there at that time. we were the same people and group culturally and historically

Negros or Indios had no saying in those matters.
>>
The Portuguese king that gave them independence left them his son, Pedro II, who had superior Portuguese blood and managed to avoid the victory from separatist movements through war, unite Brazil once and for all, get extra territory from hispanic america, and push Brazil to the future. He was also a 1.90 m pure white man, what a based man.

The funny thing is that after all this, dumbass brazilians kicked him out and established a corrupt republic as a regime, which was pretty much what happened years after.

We're united by blood and stupidity. God bless.
>>
>>51129427
The spanish king did not escape to America.
>>
>>51129970
Lima is farer away than Rio. too bad for you
>>
>>51129711
>be napoleon
>invades spain and rekt the spaniard crown
>opens loophole for spanish colonies to rebel and, influenced by liberal wave that you and recent independent usa are spreading , fight for independence and divide

>still be napoleon
>be fooled by the portuguese crown that runned away to Brazil
>once in Brazil, theyr biggest and richest colonie, poortugueses declare it the Kingdom of Brazil, unifies it and stabilizes it better than before, when the colony was complete chaos

Also, after emancipation , it was a problem of the emperor and the prince (and later a president ) to end separatist movements , but it was relatively easy for them
>>
>>51129923
The king was still loved. He would have to go anyway since he pretty much had to stop the slavery and the elites disliked that.

But the normal population was not against the monarchy.
>>
>>51129427
The lost the better part of it tho.
>>
>>51130030
they* fuck, sorry im high
>>
>>51130030
Rio grande do sul was supposed to be part of Uruguay. I think we are okay how things turned out.
>>
>>51129970
>the spanish king prefered surrendering to the fr*nch
Oh wow

>>51129923
>which was pretty much what happened years after
I meant
>which was pretty much what happened HERE years after

>>51130011
Same here. The republican party was shit, barely got any votes and decided to kill the king, the prince and make a coup. Now we "celebrate" that date every year, lmao.
>>
>>51130068
>im high
DUDE
WEED
LMAO
>>
>>51129985
If distance was the matter, he could have escaped to Cuba and then Mexico. Or to fucking Philipines if he wanted, after Trafalgar Napoleon had no power over the seas. But the spanish royal family spent the war imprisoned by Napoleon.

Anyways, I remember from highschool that there was an attempt (probably falsified) by the previous king to abandon Spain and people was so butthurt he got dethroned.
>>
>>51130095
>>the spanish king prefered surrendering to the fr*nch

That's not what happened.

>have an ally
>ask him to mediate in your dynastic problems
>he agrees, go to France to settle the issue
>you ally kidnaps you and invades your country with an army that was supposed to attack portugal
>>
>>51129970
It's funny cuz every european cunt with colonies had a plan to run away to it, in case napoleon rekt the shit up. Don't know why you did'nt manage to do it, having almost a fucking entire continent of colonies.

Maybe lack of British support that poortugueses had?
>>
>>51130190
Pretty funny 2bh lad
Portugal and Spain should have united to fuck Napoleon. We had support from Britain.
His shitty adventure would have ended at the Pyrenees.
>>
>>51130262
Read >>51130121>>51130190

Napoleon was supposed to be an ally of Spain and betrayed the monarchy. They had it coming though, Bourbons are retarded.
>>
>>51130121
But if i'm not wrong the spanish empire was partitioned/separated/divided since the beggining right? I don't think it would matter if they fled or not.
But a united spanish america would be based.
>>
>>51130190
PERFIDIOUS
... FRANCE?

>>51130262
>Maybe lack of British support that poortugueses had?
you guessed right
also >>51130121
>there was an attempt (probably falsified) by the previous king to abandon Spain and people was so butthurt he got dethroned
he was a weak king and the people got tired of his shit, Napoleon was just the first domino tile
...well USA's independence was
>>
>>51130190
Now it sounds way more funny
>>
>>51130323
There were four viceroyalties (first only two) but well, the current division of hispanic america goes beyond that. I'm sure that portuguese Brazil also had administrative divisions, even if it had only one kingdom or watever upon all them.

Maybe some separation would've happened but probably with bigger entities.
>>
I think most people don't really dislike the tugas because of that.
They laid the foundations for us to stay united, there was barely any fighting and the monarchies stayed in touch. Although we had to pay their debts to get the independence...It was better than all the fighting that happened in Spanish america tho
>>
>>51130459
Yeah there were capitanias, and later states.
>>
>>51130506
>implying it would be a fair fight

Poortugual is smaller than my neighborhood
>>
>>51130556
how do states work in Brazil? even though your country is federated i don't recall every state having separate laws
>>
>>51130374
Hey Paraguay
When I've been to Brazil people didn't really care about your country, even though you were right next to where I stayed.
People always said Argentina sucked and Uruguay was cool but when I asked about Paraguay there were some ramblings about drugs and guns and that was it.

What happens in Paraguay? We never hear about you guys here.

>>51130568
How would we fight if it was our king who let you go?
>>
>>51130568
Did not the spanish trying. There was a lot of blood.
Also Brazil was big but it was kinda empty. There were 7m Portuguese and 15m Brazilians if i'm not wrong.
>>
>>51130674
you know why he let it so easy, right?
>>
>>51130556
Oh, also one of the main causes of the colonies being butthurt was the fact that criollos with no blood mixing and only european heritage were considered inferior to peninsular spaniards. This is what caused them to revolt, apart from desire of economical profit. Indians and mestizo groups with an actual identity, being traditional enemies of the criollos, often sided with the monarchy.

Fernando was retard, but I suppose that not retard enough to not change this policy if his court was in Mexico or Cartagena.
>>
>>51130459
Viceroyalty of Peru wanted to stay part of Spanish Empire, just with some autonomy. If the King of Spain would have arrived to Lima, everybody would have supported him t.b.h.
>>
File: pic17.jpg (19KB, 720x352px) Image search: [Google]
pic17.jpg
19KB, 720x352px
>>51130674
>What happens in Paraguay?
nothing! i said NOTHING!

btw how's "Bamboo" Cardozo? he didn't even got called for the National Team, is he injured or just old?
>>
>>51130717
>Did not stop
fixed
>>51130610
They can have their state laws as long it is approved by Brasilia. But nothing too radical or severe like guns, abortion, etc. Mostly small stuff

In the end Brasilia still has the power
>>
>>51130717
>Did not the spanish trying. There was a lot of blood

It was mostly american vs american. Actual spanish intervention happened but it's been glorified by both sides.
>>
>>51130729
I didn't look closely into that but I'm guessing pressures from the big rich overlords that wanted to trade with other countries without paying extra tax to Portugal?

>>51130779
I have no idea, he left Benfica a few years ago
>>
>>51130610
each state got laws of their own, but the Union always supersede them all. Also all tax money collected goes to the federation to be later shared kinda equally between states. We are a much less federation that the US in that sense, we are somewhat centralized but not as much as France for example
>>
>>51130785
>>51130819
i see. it sounds less retarded but prone to abuse, like probably Rio (and later Brasilia) surely did

>>51130810
aah. didn't know about it
>>
Are the Spanish the biggest losers in history? I'm still surprised they have yet to destroy themselves
>>
>>51130810
NO, he was shitting his royal pants cause of a possible war with masterace Brasiu
>>
>>51130841
>Are the Spanish the biggest losers in history?
they have got gold, hot chicks, sun, beaches and a happy and friendly population all over the earth. 2bh it doesn't seem so, in real life terms I would say that anglos are much more losers than hispanics 2bh
>>
If only the portuguese did not try to enslave us again. The united kingdom was based and probably would still be around.
>>
>>51130777
Yes, well, but Nueva Granada/Gran Colombia was in the way and it was the main focus of revolution with Bolivar and all that.

It's not like Spain had an actual army, economy or navy to defend Peru anyways. I heard about the Holly Alliance offering help, but Britain preventing it (not like the Holy Alliance had a powerful fleet or anything). Also an anecdote of Russia selling broken down ships to Spain.
>>
>>51130878
You are retarded. He literally said "Son, take Brazil before anyone else does" of course he did not want to fight.
>>
>>51130841
They higher you climb, the higher you fall. But hey, at least we climbed pretty high.
>>
>>51130323
>But a united spanish america would be based.

i dont tthink that was ever possible. things turned out the way they inevitably had. only few places could have possibly remained together like gran colombia but they fucked up. but they would have been the most oil rich country by a wide margin but probably would have turned out like mexico, rife with civil war and drug gangs
>>
>>51130879
>happy and friendly population

They basically created Latin America you idiot
>>
>>51130986
>things turned out the way they inevitably had
yeah but they could have cracked in 2 or 3 big pieces, like the Roman Empire did, not a full break-loose
anyways i'm glad i'm not argentinian or peruvian, so i don't complain
>>
>>51130996
so? we can basically integrate anyone into our society meanwhile the rest of the europeans are struggling in integrating their immigrants. The whole continent basically shares their culture, and pretty much all continent is culturally homogenous despite being ethinically heterogenous as fuck. Hispanics are fucking based, and we own that cultural stabilty that reigns all over the continent to them
>>
This thread makes me happy, I love learning new things about South American history
>>
>>51131032
You would be the same tho.
I imagined southerners saying "I'm glad i'm not Brazilian"
Thank you based dom pedro
>>
>>51131056
Do portuguese count as hispanics? They technically belonged to hispania, but iberian would be a better adjective.
>>
File: images.gif (1MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.gif
1MB, 267x200px
>>51131098
>I imagined southerners saying "I'm glad i'm not Brazilian"
>>
>>51131137
yeap, that was what I was trying to say hue
>>
>>51131032

we couldnt unite back in the day, it wouldnt have worked. and im really fucking glad im not part of the rest of central america. at most, mexico could have retained guatemala or something. wouldnt ahve made much difference

I think theres potential for a united region, but that coiuld only be possible some decades from now, due to advances in our societies and other stuff like infrastructure.
geography has played a big part in defining the region

bolivia is up in some mountains, chile and argentina are divided by mountains, and between colombia and neighbors is just patches of mountains and jungle. too much to handle bakc in the day
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.