[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Neocon Americans will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>Neocon Americans will defend this
>>
It's hilarious modern day neocons worship Reagan like he was the return of Christ, but if they'd been alive during his presidency they'd hate every policy he created.
>>
I'm mostly Conservative but I have no trouble admitting that Reagan was the start of our fall from the top. The incresing corporate oligarchy, low social mobility, etc, all a direct result of Reaganomics.
>>
dumb nigger
>>
>>51129089
Reganomics mirrors what most convervatives are calling for today, execept being divided on military spending
>>
>>51128913
It's maddening how many of our problems were directly caused by the Reagan administration.
>>
Why aren't Republicans all over George HW Bush's dick? He literally was the president during the only recent successful military campaign by the US and didn't do anything wrong besides raise taxes at the end of his presidency.
>>
>>51129347
That doesn't sound very conservative to me.
>>
>>51129347
Corporate oligarchy is a result of big government. The more regulations choke out smaller business competition.

While Reagan may have contributed to this, nearly every President since Carter has.
>>
>>51129347
and the crazies on the street and the cut of welfare by manipulating the main users of it into voting for the cut by using the "welfare queen". Like dude you can cut welfare all you want but come up with an equal or better alternative at least.
>>
>>51129562
welfare is absolute poison to the individual on it
>>
Oh the good times when people thought trickle down would work.

Did no one seriously consider that Reagan was a corporate shill back in the day?
>>
>>51129562
welfare is a tool to keep poor people poor
it gives them just enough to stay placated so they don't try harder in life and so they don't riot
t. poor person
>>
>>51129516
>neoliberalism
>conservative
>>
>>51129683
For many working poor it's the only way they can support themselves.
>>
>>51129760
"""support"""

you mean work themselves into their graves and live a shitty life where they just barely skimped by
>>
>>51129505
GHWB was despised by Republicans for being too moderate. He was essentially abandoned by his own party near the end of his first term, and isn't remembered very fondly today.

HW put the success of the nation before his ideological convictions, and that infuriated the likes of Newt Gingrich. Since 1992, the Repiblican party has been far more idealist than realist, at a great cost to the United States.
>>
File: conservativesdestroyamerica.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
conservativesdestroyamerica.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>51129818
It's so disappointing.

Whenever I tell people that I'm Republican they assume I'm a polarized ultra-conservative and go all pic related since that's the people from the party that get into the news.

I just want less gov't mang
>>
>>51129909
>>51129818
reminder that democrats have refused to even use the word "islamic terrorism" when referring to the paris attacks because they're so afraid of hurting someone's feelings
>>
>>51128913
He was a good president.

Great foreign policy.

Meh domestic policy.

Presidents barely affect domestic policy. They almost completely control foreign policy.

Reagan cunningly let/supported the conservatives in Congress over domestic policy, but he knew that the Democrats still controlled the majority so it would all be for naught.
This won him political points.
He translated these political points into hardline support for his foreign policy, which was by no means what the Republican party wanted.

Reagan was a pragmatic, conservative man who could express himself and lead well.
He was no madman.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.