[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys believe in god? If yes, why? If no, why not? When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: The_God_Delusion_UK.jpg (39KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
The_God_Delusion_UK.jpg
39KB, 328x500px
Do you guys believe in god? If yes, why? If no, why not?

When did you come out of the atheist closet?
>>
>>51116706
I do, I mean why not right?
>>
No, there is no god
>>
>>51116706
I don't. I didn't come out, that's gay. No one needs to know my views on shit, unless they ask me.
>>
File: j[sdtgkre.png (348KB, 541x630px) Image search: [Google]
j[sdtgkre.png
348KB, 541x630px
>>51116706
religion indicates a weak mind
>>
>>51116706
In Sweden you come out of the theist closet.
People who believe in God/gods are considered mentally challenged.
>>
>>51116706
Would it make a difference?
>>
>>51116706
No, never believed in God. In Sweden you come out of the theist closet.
People who believe in God/gods here are considered mentally challenged.
>>
>>51117138
We got it the first time.
>>
People who believe in god are just plain stupid. Honestly, what does god even do for them? Are they so weak minded and frail they need an imaginary friend to get through life? Pathetic
>>
literally not even an issue here, everyone knows its nonsense
>>
agnostic desu
>>
We dont know if God exists.Agnosticism is the way to go.
>>
Wodan is love
Wodan is life
>>
>>51116706
I'm not a teenager anymore, so i'm not euphoric right now.
>>
File: 1447904951233.jpg (27KB, 580x348px) Image search: [Google]
1447904951233.jpg
27KB, 580x348px
>>51116706
>atheist closet
>>
File: w9aH49O.jpg (26KB, 599x335px) Image search: [Google]
w9aH49O.jpg
26KB, 599x335px
>>51117199
You sound hardcore
>>
I'd bitch-slap God day and night...
Agnostic gay muslim. (~_°)
>>
>>51116706
>Do you guys believe in god?
no
>If no, why not?
the same reason i don't believe in ghosts
>>
>>51118390
Probably a beta uprising in the making...
>>
>>51116706
The title of that book does more harm than good, he should have titled it something religion themed so his actual audience, people stuck in and oppressed by a religion, could actually have a chance read it.
>>
>atheist closet

'Merica.
>>
>>51118390
found the theist
>>
>>51116706
i don't and i don't give a shit when ppl do. as long as they don't try to force their believes on other, they can do whatever they want. so think most atheists are as retarded as theists
>>
>>51116706
No
don't see a good reason to
>>
File: Fedora.webm (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.webm
3MB, 500x281px
post fedoras
>>
I do. I guess I just like to think that there is someone out there helping me along the way to a happy life.
>>
Nah. I was raised by a mentaly stable family.
>>
>>51122687
god you fucking swedes are so adamant with your atheism, you are worse than christians
>>
>>51122687
Holy shit that edge could slice bread on the other side of the world.
>>
I don't believe in a God up there that the top 3 religions believe in, nor do I really believe in any organised religion

But there's definitely "something" indescribable, a presence, that we can't even comprehend

so i'm agnostic basically
>>
>>51122819
>definitely
>agnostic
are you fookin retarded, bruv
>>
>>51122853
i took lsd and shrooms and i don't really understand what happened exactly but i wasn't an atheist after that point
>>
>>51122928
what.
what point?
u still trippin mate?

Being agnostic means that you believe that there is no way to be certain about either the existence or non-existence of any sort of higher power.
Hardcore agnostics don't know the word "definitely"
>>
File: 1447815380815.jpg (396KB, 1095x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1447815380815.jpg
396KB, 1095x1095px
>>51116706
FOR GOD AND COUNTRY

it gives me an excuse to kill Muslims guilt-free
>>
>>51123071
when i stopped tripping of course

well i'm still not certain myself because really how can i be certain about anything regarding higher power or the afterlife - i don't want to be someone who thinks they "know something more" than others

i definitely experienced "something" - but it might have just been an illusion/delusion.

however ive had freaky coincidences happen before whilst sober but i suppose they can always be explained logically.

maybe agnostic is the wrong word then, but i don't consider myself a theist or an atheist. i find philosophy and lesser known faiths really interesting however. what am i supposed to define myself as? or do i just forget about the definition? i just find it easier to say to people i'm agnostic instead of "spiritualist" or something, because that has a really shitty connotation with know-it-all new age liberals who i don't really relate with at all
>>
>>51123333
just say you're and agnostic then and forget about the shit drugs made you feel
>>
>>51123402
yeah i don't think about it as much anymore. but it was nice anyway.
>>
No

no specific reason. just sort of grew out of the notion. going to mass every week was a pain in the arse and even my religious mother sort of realized it was pointless by the time me and my brothers were teenagers. she only really made us go cause her own mother was old school devout and felt it would be blasphemous to not bring us. my dad didn't give a fuck eitherway and just went along cause he hadn't took up golf at that point and had nothing better to do

I remain an atheist, but I hate the fedora-types. especially the PC 'christians are evil, but muslims are great' progressive ones. they make me almost wish we were back in the days of church rule. at least we knew a real threat when we saw it back then
>>
>>51116706
>asking for god
I think you touched your first phylosophical book in your life.

Richard Dawkins is preschooler level.
After you start asking question that really mean something you can get with real stuff.
>>
mods=gods
>>
File: 1437285450451.jpg (234KB, 650x966px) Image search: [Google]
1437285450451.jpg
234KB, 650x966px
>>51116706
Oh, yes, I do believe; I'm just this kind of person. I am also sure Christ didn't rise from the dead, so my faith is pointless. And even if He did, ffs how long can wait for Him? Two thousands years are enough for me to say He has us right down in His Holy Ass.

Also I just have had enough of pure rubbish and pure despotism which comes in package with any denomination praising the Lord. Verily, verily I tell you: it's better to believe in your waifu than this Semitic theological construct.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.