[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that Greek Orthodox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that Greek Orthodox are extremely whiny?

>"muh Constantinople"
>"muh Crusades"
>"blah blah blah Augustine is a faggot even though we never excommunicated him"
>"Alexios dindu nuffin"
>"Justinian dindu nuffin"
>implying Turkey isn't just Muslim Greece
>act like Russian Orthodox owe them something
>>
>>51073465
They're the only non-keked christians that left desu.
The rest are 2 busy sucking cocks in africa and helping muslim refugees
>>
>>51073518

>Greeks
>non-keked
>>
>>51073465
>"muh Constantinople"
>bad
end the cockroach occupation of Constantinople
>>
File: abc_popc_mara_one_111230_wg.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
abc_popc_mara_one_111230_wg.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>51073465
>>
Dumb turk diaspora scum
>>
Constantinople was the equivalent of Rome (the city), and surpassed it in many ways after a while.

The crusaders ransacked several greek villages and towns and refused to hand over byzantine territory they conquered from the turks like they agreed.

Augustine was a faggot and it was all just semantics.

Alexios saved the empire.

Justinian expanded the empire.

Turkey is Muslim Greece

Russia was gonna be muslim if it wasn't for them
>>
>>51073585

The Turks didn't really alter much of the genetic makeup of the area.
>>
All heil for Papa Eftim
Remove Rum Church
>>
>>51073465

I don't even know how anyone could take seriously orthodox christianity.
Like one of the biggest characteristics of christianity is evangelization.
Where the fuck have they ever evangelized? Slavland + greece, that's it.
They're pathetic.
>>
>>51073826
id prefer africans and asians to not be catholic desu
>>
If Turkey is just muslim greece why did Ottomans massacre hundreds of thousands of Greeks?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_genocide
>>
>>51073881

I'd prefer to not even know they exist but that's not the point.
The point is that there is a certain practice, called christianity. The internal goods of christianity include christianization. The orthodox suck really bad at christianization, therefore they suck at one of the most important internal goods of christianity, therefore they suck at christianity.
>>
>Balkans are complaining about lost clay
When has this ever happened ?
>>
>>51073635
i like the story about how russians became ortodox. don't know if it's true tho
>arab missionaries and greek missionaries come before some important russian prince and present their arguments
>muslims almost persuade the russians by telling them about how it's okay to have multiple wives in the islamic world
>in the end they get thrown the fuck out after mentioning that islam forbids drinking alcohol during religious holidays
>russians become ortodox instead
>>
File: 1442736468000.jpg (158KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
1442736468000.jpg
158KB, 1500x997px
"And then the Greeks degenerated entirely into women; putting aside all manly vigour, both of words and of spirit, they lightly swore whatever they thought would please us, but they neither kept faith with us nor maintained respect for themselves. In general they really have the opinion that which is done for the holy empire cannot be considered perjury. Let no one think that I am taking vengeance on a race of men hateful to me and that because of my hatred I am inventing a Greek whom I have not seen. Whoever has known the Greeks will, if asked, say that when they are afraid they become despicable in their excessive debasement and when they have the upper hand they are arrogant in their severe violence to those subjected to them....The city [Constantinople] itself is squalid and fetid and in many places harmed by permanent darkness, for the wealthy overshadow the streets with buildings and leave these dirty, dark places to the poor and to travelers; there murders and robberies and other crimes which love the darkness are committed. Moreover, since people live lawlessly in this city, which has many lords as rich men and almost as many thieves as poor men, a criminal knows neither fear nor share, because crime is not punished by law and never entirely comes to light. In every respect she exceeds moderation; for, just as she surpasses other cities in wealth, so, too, does she surpass them in vice."

---Odo of Deuil

greeks btfo; the way Greece looks now, feels like nothing's changed.
>>
>>51074034

Muslims were some of the biggest purchasers of Russian alcohol and it was considered a staple for Muslim monarchs from like 1400-1800. Although many jurists forbade alcohol, it was consumed by some itinerant mystics and the idea of a Muslim royal or noble life without alcohol was somewhat absurd especially when manliness was often judged by how well a guy could hold his liquor.
>>
>>51073958
They were the biggest evangelizers while back
Nestorian Church of the East
China
Japan
Kerala
Middle East
>>
>>51075072

>Nestorians
>orthodox
>>
>>51073935
That's what Muslims do.
>>
>>51073935

Because they weren't like the Turkicized Greeks and the Empire was crumbling.
>>
>>51073465
T*rk diaspora detected
>>
>>51074034
This stroy is exist for all converted nations in East desu
Almost same story exist for Turks and Khazars too as I remember but with different ending ofc :dd
>>
>>51073465
IAmA Greek Orthodox here, AMA!! :^)
>>
The patriarch is located in istanbul right ?
>>
>>51078579
yup....my dad thinks that the Greek navy should have their ships come right up to the Phanar and ship out the Patriarch's church and compound, stone by stone, back to Greek
>>
>>51073585
First there needs to be rat removal of Jerusalem.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.