[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think it's important that we respect Islam on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 7

File: 192.jpg (160KB, 636x970px) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
160KB, 636x970px
Do you think it's important that we respect Islam on the grounds of cultural differences? or is it our responsibility to stomp it out to stop the spread?

Does Islam have any value on a global scale?

would it be possible for western countries to completely shut out Islam from our countries without destroying it in theirs?
>>
What an edgy old fuck.

Who's that?
>>
File: 1322781381001.png (331KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1322781381001.png
331KB, 500x336px
>>51053183
he's a walking meme but surprisingly i sympathize
>>
>>51053383
Some atheist that's extremely anti-religion.
>>
>>51053383
Fuck off Latuff, hes right.
>>
>>51053468

Latuff would say similar things.
>>
This guy is such an annoying cunt. A while back my father told me he really likes him, had to discipline him hard.
>>
>>51053183
No, Islam itself goes against our Western norms and way of life. Muhammad was a murderer, pedophile and a liar.
Europe fucked up the Middle East and because of that there are now lots of terrorist groups barking and biting at us. The only real solution to this problem is to kill Islam really. Islam is like nazism, an immoral ideology that thinks it is doing the good thing and we too should treat it like we did with nazism.
>>
>radical Atheist
openly opposes and criticizes Religion

>radical Islamist
Kills hundreds of people

>radical Christian
defends Muslims more than he defends his own people
>>
>>51053457
caucasoids are usually fanatics to what they believes in
>>
I'm getting tired of all this Islam bla bla islam here islam there exc... Fuck those Mudslimes and their shit religion,religions are for underdeveloped brains
>>
>>51053786
they are not "radical Christians" then. Evangelicals are pretty much anti-Islamic.
>>
>>51053719

so you think at this point it's not enough to outlaw Islam in our countries? it would be very easy for Europe to ban Islam. it can't be banned in the US, but we can keep it out through immigration policy a lot better than Europe can.

you think that time has come and gone and now we have to wipe it out for the sake of self preservation?
>>
Remove religion.
ATHEISM NOW
>>
>>51053519
No, Latuff would say islam dindu nuffin arabs are peaceful people its,the west and the jews keeping da brown man down
>>
>>51053183
Dawkins is right 2bh
>>
They can keep their stone age beliefs for all I care. Just don't force them on me or anyone I care about.
>>
>>51053183
based dawkins
>>
>>51053923
I didn't mean "kill all muslims" with killing Islam, not all Germans were anti-semitist bigots.
I meant we should kill Islam as an ideology, to stop the practice of it. So outlawing it would be an option. But that won't stop terrorists from attacking us.
>>
>>51053923
>it would be very easy for Europe to ban Islam.
I'm pretty sure every European country has freedom of religion as part of their constitution.
Islam just needs a reformation.
>>
>>51053468
While he is right I feel that he shouldn't, at the least, attack cultural Christianity as it is a founding pillar of western society.
>>
>>51054141
>reformation
How do you think muslims would react to that?
>>
>>51054141

I thought Nazism was banned in Europe?

Islam is ultimately a political ideology rooted in theology right? why can't Europe ban it? I don't know of a single European country that has that much freedom of speech. a lot of expression is banned if considered dangerous.
>>
>>51054141
Theres no room for,reformation in Islam. Theres just the Quran and the prophets example.
>>
I don't understand how this useless fuck always talks shit saying all religious people are dumb, even though at any given time in the last 2000 years there have been at least a million religious people who are ten times smarter than this faggot.

Newton was insanely religious, was he dumb too?
>>
>>51054222
As it is now they would probably assassinate the reformers. I don't see it happening any time soon but it's the only real solution desu.
Banning Islam would just result in more terrorism and the number of radicals will grow exponentially.
>>
>>51054375
Not if you remove them from Europe.
They can do as they please in their desert quarantine.
>>
>>51054324
u seem really stupid desu
>>
>>51054324
I actually highly doubt many religious leaders were smarter than Dawkins. He is after all the most influential evolutionary biologist of the 20th century and behind revolutionary ideas like meme theory and the evolutionarily stable strategy theory.

Meanwhile theologiangs spent 2000 years bickering over the nature of a kike carpenter
>>
>>51054324
It's all about contemporary context.

Right now, there really is no excuse for not being an atheist (you KNOW i am tipping my fedora right now). But back then, most people were raised religiously and held on to those beliefs for dear life.
>>
>>51053183
Those guys can worship Allah and be muslims all they want.
Just not in Germany, because here we eat pigs and drink beer.
And if you dont then you have to leave.
So einfach ist das
>>
>>51053183
I'd respect them a lot more if they'd all stay in their own countries.
IMHO deconversion from Islam should be a requirement to immigrate or seek refuge in Europe.
>>
>>51054535
>meme theory
>revolutionary idea
lel fuck off
>>51054586
Many people are still raised religiously, your point is shit
>>
>>51054324
in the modern context being religious is just "muh feels" 2bqh
>>
>>51054651
>shits on the meme theory using meme arrows

Oh the irony
>>
>>51054626
B-but mutti says islam is part of germany.
Was she LYING???!?
>>
>>51054682

Dawkins is nothing but a populizer of science, don't pretend as if he has any significant scientific contributions.
>>
>>51054770
He just listed some t. different
>>
>>51054375
I don't think that'll solve anything really. Muslims only know Allah and messenger's words as the true words. Even though Muhammad himself 'reformed' his own beliefs later in his life.
The only REAL solution is to truly wipe Islam out of this planet. Those people won't ever grow out of their religion because of the way it is and what it preaches. It won't just happen like it happened with us.
>>
>>51054729
Mutti is not even part of Germany anymore uezs
>>
>>51054770
Just admit that youre a sand nigger defending his moon god
>>
>>51054790
>>51054968

Finns really are retarded. You guys are proof that atheism leads to a shitty country. Finland has absolutely nothing.

Of course it doesn't surprise me that Finns defend a guy who coined "meme theory", to protect Finland's only contribution. Retards.
>>
>>51055023
Are you a Muslim?
>>
>>51055023
I find it funny that you call Finland shitty when Afghanistan where you come from is highly religious and objectively shit.
>>
>>51055048
I'm a devout Christian.
>>51055057
I'm from the Netherlands you dumb cunt. Funny how you can't talk shit about my country because it's better than yours.
>>
>>51055023
eat your porridge mohammed
>>
>>51055118
Oh I just assumed that you're that afghan shitposter. Anyway, comparing Finland and Netherlands is kind of redundant since both are very good countries.
>>
>>51055023
Finland has less atheist than Netherlands by a long shot.
>>
>>51053949
GAS THE AGNOSTICS
IRRELIGIOUS WAR NOW
>>
File: chinese.jpg (10KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
chinese.jpg
10KB, 188x268px
>>51053183
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34852787

Most cultures cannot meld. they can only exist in opposition to eachother. I don't know about you but I'd prefer to be part of the culture that persist.

I think it's ironic that the culture of the West is what made it such a wonderful place to live and now we have people dying to come here and then dying to destroy it while here. We have to step up our game to keep these fuckers out.
>>
File: 14477490683470.jpg (277KB, 1100x1002px) Image search: [Google]
14477490683470.jpg
277KB, 1100x1002px
All religions should be banned altogether pêh (pour être honnête)
Because modern times and contemporary society
>>
>>51053786
>radical Christian
outside of the US bible belt and maybe some African shit holes there literally aren't any radical Christians.

Some hardcore nationalists here use Christian imagery and get branded Christian fundamentalists, but they really aren't. Even the KKK (besides being mostly irrelevant in this day and age) didn't really base their actions on religion. It was racism first, Christianity was merely ancillary.

The whole 'fundamentalist christian' thing is a meme
>>
>>51055290
Africa's Christian radicals are reaction to Islamic fundamentalists, they're essentially defensive reaction to islamic violence in most cases
>>
>>51055290
it is a meme in 2015
it has happened though,and the christian shitholes you listed are veeeeeeeery prone to chimpouts
>>
>>51055348
Islam is disgusting so they have my support.
>>
>>51055348

Or just plain crazy niggers.
>>
>>51055413
Well yeah, but they're still reacting to other, even crazier niggers
>>
File: 1429028167780.png (8KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1429028167780.png
8KB, 331x331px
>>51054247
>Islam is ultimately a political ideology rooted in theology right
>>
>>51055533
Sharia law
>>
>>51053183
Islamic culture can be quite interesting and Muslims have contributed an enormous amount to the world, but Wahhabism (and all fundamentalism) needs to be destroyed.

Islam is a problematic religion to say the least, being explicitly misogynistic, violent, and illiberal. Christianity and Judaism also have issues but do not currently lead to as much distress. Fundamentalist Islam is, by nature, intolerant of other beliefs. Because secular pluralism is the state of the game today, Islam in any capacity beyond a nominative identity (like when Muslim Americans identify as Muslim but drink sometimes and don't impose their beliefs on others) should be discouraged anywhere.
>>
>>51055788
What aspect about Christian scripture is against modern ethics apart from gays being yucky? Im talking about new testament not the Torah
>>
>>51053786
Radical Christians are stuff like the Lord's Liberation Army in Uganda. Radical Christianity is, like radical Islam, very intolerant of any other belief.

It's not as big of a problem today, although it might become one if SSA becomes more wealthy and if they governments become secular. All terrorism exists as a way to fight change imposed by a more powerful actor.
>>
>>51055947
Perhaps if we arm them and provide transport to the Middle East they can perform Crusades II for us.
>>
>>51055939
Christianity's issues aren't rooted in New Testament scripture because Jesus was based. Although banning divorce is kind of fucked up.

However, Christianity has undeniably been used as a vehicle for oppressing others. There's literally no way to justify the Albigensian Crusade.
>>
>>51053183
>>
>>51056005
lol I've thought about plans to make ultra-Catholic Mexican Cartel grunts front-line soldiers against ISIS

But foreign soldiers generally don't fight well. They have poor training and are often less fit than citizens due to a poorer upbringing. The Gurkhas are an exception.

More importantly, radicals of any stripe are bad for a region. Extremist Protestant Ugandans would devastate Syria as much as Al-Nusra probably.
>>
>>51053183
When did Dawkins turn into a whiny bitch?
>>
>>51054208
I'm no fan of Dawkins because he's a smug asshole, but he has always pointed out the cultural importance of Christianity on things like architecture, art, music, etc.

>>51056318
Always been like that Tbh
>>
>>51056141
>burning Israel, USA, UK's flag
fine I can get that
>burning Holland, Sweden, Danemark
i dun getit
>>
>>51056065
Thats the fault of the people, not Christianity. The crusade had in no way justification in the new testament.

And besides, homosexuality and divorce are frowned upon in the new testament but they carry no penalty.
>>
>>51057130
I can understand not liking someone because they are smug, but I think that's just a reaction to the smugness of self-righteous 'saved' people.

I agree with everything he has said though, from what I can tell he's usually right albeit a bit smug. More should listen
>>
>>51055947
Fundamentalism is defined as strict adherence to scripture. Muslim terrorists fit this description as killing of infidels is totally justified in the Quran. Joseph Konys org was not fundamentalist Christian as their operation was in direct conflict with christian scripture.
>>
>>51053183
Islam is unambiguously a violent and supremacist religion.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm
>>
No religion deserves extra respect. Its a (bad) personal decision to adhere to a religion and you shouldn't bother anyone else with it.

China has a great way of dealing with religion. No churches/mosques. No imams/bishops. If you want to see a cross, read the quran/bible then do it in your living room and keep that bullshit out of public sight or fuck off
>>
>>51057369
>strict adherence to scripture
The problem here is that the bible has multiple authors over many centuries and so is ambiguous. Islam is far less ambiguous about violence.

"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist. (Zephaniah 2:12-15 NLT)
>>
things would have been so much simpler if we just nuked the middle east
>>
>>51057434
I'd prefer to think otherwise.
>>
>>51053183
Stomp it out. What's the verdict though, is it possible at this point to convince the left that it's obviously a poisonous ideology? Any time I've had a discussion with people about this, they get super defensive and bring up some bullshit about the KKK or the IRA like they're relevant today, and pull out some complete lies about how small the percentage of terror attacks carried out by Islamic extremists is, when even they know that isn't true. It's purely them trying to save face, and it's honestly scary
>>
>>51057369
The problem with what you are saying is you have edgelord level knowledge of what you are talking about which makes it difficult to convince you otherwise. If a muslim person disagrees with you about Islam, are they wrong? Classic Dunning Kruger effect. You will grow out of it though, until then do you best, chin up etc.
>>
>>51057536
Europe is infested with Mudslimes though, if you nuked the M.E. the millions there would never stop raging and they'd bring down the West.
>>
>>51058158

Even if you only count western european + uk's population, muslims would only be 7-8%. Not enough to bring yurop down. The fact that central/eastern eu has pretty much zero muslims and a lot of hatred also helps
>>
>>51058373
>only be 7-8%
>only

. . . . .
>>
>>51057496
As I said, Christians dont adhere to Old Testament laws, thats why its called the New Testament ie new deal. Find me,a verse in the NT promoting ethnic cleansing or violence in general.
>>
>>51058556
>Christians dont adhere to Old Testament laws
lol
>>
>>51057643
Show me passages from the New Testament that promote violence then if you think my knowledge is not sufficient.

Heres some not so nice ones from the Quran:

Quran (2:191-193)
Quran (2:244)
Quran (2:216)
Quran (3:56)
Quran (3:151)
Quran (4:74)
Quran (4:76)
Quran (4:89)
Quran (4:95)
Quran (4:104)
Quran (8:12)
Quran (8:15)
Quran (8:39)
Quran (8:57)
Quran (8:67)
Quran (8:59-60)
Quran (9:14)
...and many, many many more.

Youre free to go through the passages and cite the ones you think are not true.

But youre not gonna do that are you Abdul? No, youre just gonna call me an edgelord atheist like its not a compliment from a sand nigger
>>
>>51058602
They dont though. If they did, they would cut their babbys dick and keep kosher. The new testament allows things that go against the old laws because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice.
>>
>>51054324
I don't think he's saying religious people are dumb, rather, that religion is dumb.
>>
File: john_maynard_keynes.jpg (104KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
john_maynard_keynes.jpg
104KB, 700x700px
I apologise for the other Finns. We aren't all fedora wearing idiots.

>>51058373
http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/02/20/the-strange-secret-of-a-successful-revolution/

It only takes 3,5% for a guaranteed success for a revolution. Truth is the vast majority does not matter, only the ones that are consistently and thoughtfully politically active do.
>>
>>51059335
>We aren't all fedora wearing idiots
why does this seem to be the main weapon for religious people when they argue with atheists
>>
Islam must be fought against with the intention to destroy it. It will than either dissappear like countless previous failed religions or change to be peaceful and accommodating. That would hapoen automatically in any other age will never happen now because the west is a beliver in the secular religion of ''Humanism'' and this religious forbids such religious wars.
>>
>>51057200

The Muhammad bomb picture, for the Danes at least.
>>
>>51059782
Good luck with that, kike
>>
>>51059335
You know what's worse than fedora wearing idiots?
People who say "i apologize for my countrymen".

I know your kind.
You are a literal filth and you should feel bad.
>>
>>51059590
Note, I'm not arguing with them, I am simply attacking them. There is a difference.

>>51059782
Palestinian population is experiencing explosive growth. I don't think your methods are working.
>>
>>51059782
If that happens you better believe that we're taking you duplicitous little shits down with them.

JONATHAN POLLARD NEVER FORGIVE NEVER FORGET
>>
I used to hate Dawkins when I was religious and now I love him. He is absolutely correct.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.