[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to study English efficiently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: Cat-begging-your-image.jpg (55KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
Cat-begging-your-image.jpg
55KB, 500x369px
My English is not good.
I went to Britain a year ago.
However, I was not able to speak English at all...( I enjoyed London. London is one of the most wonderful city. )
I hope you don’t mind me asking this, but I wonder if you could told me about your experiences?
I am going to try my hardest to read your reply.
>>
>be me
>go to london 2~ years ago
>try out various popular english restaurants throughout london
>all of them suck
>go to small indian resteraunt
>god tier food
>great service

high light of my trip. give up on the british already japanon, the indians are the only ones worthy of admiration,
>>
>>51046057
I went to Italy once. I caught a gypsy sticking his finger into my back pocket on a bus.
>>
Thank you for replying me!
I'm reading now...
>>
私の日本語は下手です。
二ヶ月間前に日本に来ました。
でも、日本語をぜんぜん話せません。(大阪は楽しいでした。大阪は世界の一番いい大都市です。)

実は、私の日本語はまだこれを翻訳できないほど下手です。
>>
read a lot

watch american, canadian and british television
>>
>>51046057
Study vocabulary
Try to speak, read, and listen to English daily.
>>
File: CLAPPING INTENSIFIES.jpg (1MB, 1491x1053px) Image search: [Google]
CLAPPING INTENSIFIES.jpg
1MB, 1491x1053px
>>51046057
Best way is to take in all the mediums of English.

Watch English Cartoons
Read English Comics
Listen to English Songs
Fuck English Women (or Men)
Eat English Food
Buy English Merchandise
Play English Games
Use English websites
Sing English videos with English Lyrics
Example given here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsm12vxPIVk
Wear English underpants
Do English Workouts (20 squats, 20 thrusts, 20 pushups, 20 minutes of cardio)
????
Profit!!!
>>
>>51046243
>>51046260
>>51046279
Thank you!
I’ll give it a try!
>>
>>51046301
Now, teach me your magical language little fella.

I only know some phrases, but I can't read your language for crap. Do I read left to right? Do symbols mean words or letters?
>>
>>51046219
I like Osaka,too!
I've been living in Tokyo ever since I was born.
>>
>>51046327
oh and please don't take insult to the "little fella" comment. Everyone is little to me, because of the whole "6 foot 10" thing. I think in your country that is 2.08 meters. I just heard that the average Japanese folk are a bit on the short side, so its a form of endearment.

Is that true though? Are you truly magical little people that I could pick up and carry on my shoulders? I've always wanted to visit, but afraid that my immense size and lack of ability to read your language would get looks and cries of "Go home American."

That, and the cost to go to Japan is very high. I'd like to try it though someday. Maybe dress up as a Hero or a Gundam and make some little kid's day.

Please tell me about your magical land!
>>
>>51046317
Sorry...
>>
>>51046057
You will never be good at English because you're japanese
>>
>>51046057
Just fuck it up and learn the human language, french.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNhCHVdNo5s

Or russian.
>>
>>51046057
ur a slopehead that deserves to die. stay where you are you kamikaze piece of shit
>>
>>51046558
>2015
>speak genderless language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLtMCVN0RZo
>>
>>51046423
Japanese is small.(But I'm 1.75 meters.)
We don't say "Go home American.".
Is Japan magical land?
Please come to Japan.
>>
>>51046504
(´;ω;`)
>>
That's just how the world is. There will always be a lingua franca. It used to be French. And in future another language might surpass English.
>>
>>51046599
Sorry, but Canada est une pays française too.
>>
>>51046613
I meant internationally.
>>
File: 1362537313309.jpg (24KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
1362537313309.jpg
24KB, 300x237px
>>
>>51046635
French culture > english culture

Seirously, I like english as cool west german language, but english culture as the most important in the world not very good for me.
>>
>>51046519
I'm interested in French German and Russian.
I wish I could use everything.
>>
>>51046057
why do nips study other cultures and languages when they are a self-isolated, xenophobic island?
>>
>>51046649
It will be easier to learn russian after french, because verbs behaviours are same.
>>
>>51046581
Are Japanese people nice to Americans? I only know formal phrases and super formal ways to speak Japanese.

Oh! And is there anything written in English, or is it all Japanese?

I can pick up the spoken and heard, but the written is always tough for me. It me years to learn English, and I truly learned when I dedicated years to reading. (Well that and I forcibly forgotten my native language, so long Romanian)
>>
>>51046572
This music video is so cool !
>>
>>51046649
But phonetically french and russian are very different.
In russian most consonants could be soft and hard:
r - ŕ
d - d'
m - m'
ł - l
p - p'
and etc
but the point is that the soft sigh ь could be illusion
because actually ж in poжь (rye) not soft, it doesn't have the soft/hard differenc
and ч in нoчь (night) too
but c in cнeг (snow) actually soft, not hard
but c in cвeт (light) is hard
and c before ть are soft too - нeзaвиcимocть (independense) is actually нeзaвиcимocЬть
>>
File: 1447355433347.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447355433347.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
Alright bro, I'm just gonna come out and say what everyone is thinking...you are a douche. An ugly ass, pop-collared douche. Seriously how did such a lazy, mutated sperm find a way to fuse with your mothers ovum? Please enlighten us, I'm sure it would solve many unanswered questions. From the looks of things I'm guessing your conception was the result of a night spent on the couch sinking vodka while mastubating with a crack-whore's second hand vibrator that still had a bit of residue on it. Cause let's be honest here, your face resembles the kind of thing I'd expect bulimic chicks to look at when they want to throw up. So do yourself a favor and start wearing a balaclava to cover up that pig-faced bowling ball you call a head or maybe even bury your cranium in the sand for a few years and just sit there, as I'm sure the rest of society would appreciate it. Phaggot.
>>
>>51046423
I'm an Australian in Japan, don't believe the memes lots of people here are really welcoming and the ones that aren't just won't talk to you. I don't think you could get by here long term without very good Japanese but by all means come visit, or look at studying the language seriously and staying longer. You'll probably mostly meet people who want to practise their English anyway, the main reason for Japan's terrible English skill is a severe lack of exposure.
>>51046057
What do you want to get out of your English? I think you'll find it very hard to develop your skills strongly in Japan, all my Japanese friends with good English either spent time overseas or went to international schools in Japan from a young age. I've been here a year, studied pretty casually for four years in high school before I came and I can function pretty normally talking to people, reading is maybe somewhere around upper primary school level.
>>
>>51046743
Nice rigatoni there Guiseppe.
>>
>>51046743
english is french dialect with weird orphography and proncuation
discuss

I take it you already know
Of tough and bough and cough and dough?
Others may stumble, but not you,
On hiccough, thorough, slough and through.

=>

Ai teyque ïte aulrédis naous
Eauphe taôphe eundes bauophe and caophe eunde daouphe
Aseurse maïs stambles, bates note hus
Ones hiquauphe, thaurôphe, slaouphe and throuphe.
>>
>>51046763
Do Japanese Women like Big American Men?
Not fat mind you, just...about thrice the height and twice the width of the average Japanese person.

If I got a job in Japan, would I be able to rise up in the ranks, or would I forever be the lowly Service Man who is from America?

Also I am not black. Is it true that Japanese people are terrified of Black People?
>>
>>51046670
Australian here, stuff's pretty much all written in Japanese... You'll find train stations and things like that to have English, signs and things sometimes do.
>>51046504
Rubbish. There are reasons for Japan being worse at English than other countries though.
>>
>>51046816
Don't think Japanese people are terrified of black people? I don't know any though. You see them in the news in sports teams pretty often, even as far out as where I live. Women, I think you've probably got an advantage over the average Japanese guy PROVIDED your Japanese skill gets far enough for that. As for your job... You might always be the lowly American guy, lots of jobs for you though. Depends on your other qualifications and Japanewe skill as to whether you could go beyond basic multilingual stuff for a company or English teaching.
>>
>>51046816
>Is it true that Japanese people are terrified of Black People

I think that's south koreans
>>
>>51046874
Neato!

Well thanks for answering my questions on The Magical land of Japan!

Perhaps one day I will visit this magical land and fit uncomfortably on your normal sized accomidations and speak very formal Japanese to everyone, even the convienance store clerks.
>>
>>51046670
Japanese,English or Chinese speaker can understand Japanese train's system.
Within Tokyo information is written by English.( There is also that it does not,once in a blue moon )
>>
>>51046722
oh,thanks.
>>
>>51046763
THANK YOU!!
>>
I am very grateful to you for your help!
I want to even harder in the future!
>>
>>51046317
Not Japanese but I can give you tips on the language. Most stuff is written left to right like English, the exception being print media (books, newspapers and manga about half the time) and maybe some signs. It's not hard to understand either way. If you want to learn to read, you first need to learn hiragana and katakana (briefly google these for an idea). 46(?) characters in each, hiragana is used for normal things and katakana is used for emphasis, animal names, foreign borrowed words, a few things. The hard part is, hiragana is replaced a lot of the time by these symbols called kanji, which sometimes make up words with hiragana or other kanji or sometimes on their own. To function properly you need about 1500 of these, this is where I'm stuck (over 500 now though). For important stuff like safety notices, and also stuff aimed at kids (manga, easy books) they sometimes write the readings of kanji in hiragana.

Best of luck to you if you decide to stick at it, just make sure you really commit to it. Japanese kids can't read newspapers until they're in middle school, they're still learning commonly used kanji up until the start of high school.
>>
learn french first.

It'll help you to understand that mongrel dialect of the french language
>>
basically east asian except china usally cna't speak english well. 'cause word order and pronunciation. it's shit different from us
>>
>>51046652
If there's one thing the Japs are good at, it's learning from other cultures.
>>
File: 1406273857516.jpg (61KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
1406273857516.jpg
61KB, 800x624px
>>51046243
>Learrn from american, canadian TV shows
>to go Britain
I guess op will be bullied Japanese for American English
>>
>>51050950
Hah, we gave all the Japaneee kids we met back home in Aus with American accents shit. Not seriously, but yeah. Hopefully OP gets the british accent down alright.
>>
>>51046057
read a lot of english books.
if you have a novel in japanese which already translated to english try to read it.
it will help expanding the vocabulary in a passive way
since you will try to guess the meaning of the words even if you don't understand
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>51046279
>English Food
>>
>>51046057

Speak to people.

It's a running joke here that Asians go to university in the UK to "learn English", then go home with the same level of English they came with. You don't speak to us you just clump together.

The Chinese get here and immediately stick together with other Chinese. They wander around speaking Mandarin. They don't speak to any of us. Then they complain that British students don't talk to them. Like what the fuck we talk to foreign students all the time, just not the ones that isolate themselves off into a little Beijing.

The Korean students I met did it too. I only got friendly with them because I visited Korea and had a way into the friendship group by way of knowing one of them. They never made any friends that weren't Korean, and I was just 'the English guy' in a group of 10+ Koreans while they wandered around speaking Korean and occasionally English for my benefit.

Didn't meet much Japanese but I bet they do it too.
>>
>>51046057
The key is to use English as much as you can. Browse english websites, watch english movies, read english books, set your phone settings in English etc. Try to speak it with people.
>>
>>51046519
>implying learn Russian or Russian language is for humans
Shut up, no human learns your language.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.