[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's it like to be an american

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

what's it like to be an american
>>
varies widely depending on the state and area you live in, but mostly free and rich with nice people
>>
Fat
>>
You get shot at least 3 times a day.
>>
>>51040464
really, for the average among us, it's most likely no different than being Croatian. Average folks muddling along trying to make ends meet, bitching about rising costs, and looking for the next entertainment to distract us from the pervasive underlying fear this is all there is.
>>
I'm a loser and I don't have any friends
>>
File: Zack-cucking-this-thread.gif (851KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Zack-cucking-this-thread.gif
851KB, 300x225px
>>51040494
Detroit, is that you?
>>
>>51040464
I don't have anything to compare it with. I like it though.
>>
>>51040464

Free, rich, and blowing shit up with your military. Or living in a dumpster. Those are your options.
>>
Imagine you're at a buffet. You have all the food you could ever eat but just one plate. You browse around, picking out your favorites, but adding a little extra, cause why not? By the time you get to your table, your plate is a mountain and even though the food is delicious you start to resent having gotten so much of the food you like because you're getting full and there's other stuff you want to try. Eventually you either get too full and stop or you fight your own stomach and go up for seconds or thirds so you can have it all.

Basically that's America. We push the envelope because we can, not because we should. But because we can, we should. That's the way we see ourselves. We know we eat too much, we know we work too hard, we know we waste too often, but there's something intoxicating about working yourself to death while you waste the things you have, because we have been told all our lives that we have to be hungry and unsatisfied if we want the motivation to accomplish anything. Now that I'm embedded in it, it's hard to see things in any other light.

I went to Europe for a month. Really nice. Public services like trains worked well. Families and friends had much stronger connections. Wouldn't start a business there.
>>
>>51040464
An average American barely goes anywhere for vacation. I don't mean that as in they will go once or twice a year to the other side of the country or maybe Canada or Mexico, I mean that as in the majority of Americans will not leave their state for years at a time unless it's business related. Personally I've never went on a family vacation or anything of the sort from 3rd grade to post college, and I knew a ton of kids who were in the same situation as me. A ton of people will try to say otherwise but this is true for most of lower and lower middle/middle class people.
>>
Most people are pretty loud and stupid.
>>
i hate it but thats because my life sucks

that being said, i guess being a normie in america is as good or better than being a normie almost anywhere else
>>
>>51040538
This guy is a fucking liar and slanderer. I only get shot once a day
>>
Comfy
>>
>>51040464
upper middle class white american in a major coastal area here, it's 10/10
>>
>>51040516
>fat
>not obese
>>
Even though I own neither a Gatling gun nor a flamethrower, I'm considering saving up for at least one of those, and even if I ultimately decide to get neither, it's still nice to know that the options are there.
>>
>>51040807
Wow, this is a great description. Really helps to understand.
>>
File: low bar2.png (457KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
low bar2.png
457KB, 480x640px
Honestly it's kind of sad because it's hard to make friends and get a boyfriend
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.