[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do schools in your country have infirmaries with full time nurses,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Infirmary-1.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Infirmary-1.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
Do schools in your country have infirmaries with full time nurses, beds, etc?

I always see this in VNs. Apparently it's common in Japan. To my knowledge it is not common in Spain. I was wondering how it worked in other countries.
>>
>>51039452
no, they send you home if you "feel sick" or call an ambulance if its serious
>>
>>51039452
No because it isn't the school's job to take of you when you're ill.
>>
>>51039515
This. Other than a cut or bruise you get sent home.
>>
Yes, a lot of them
>>
>>51039452
Yes
Here in Ohio I had the same experience in all of the schools I went to
>>
>>51039452
>full time nurses
yes
>beds
just temporary 1-2 bed
>>
>>51039452
Back in highschool the clinic had a small lobby, a bathroom, and two small rooms with curtains and little cots in them. If you were cool with the nurse you could go take a nap on the cots if they were available, but mostly they were just there for sick people waiting on a ride home.

If it was really bad an ambulance would pick you up.
>>
>>51039452
No, we didn't even had the most basic health cares.
>>
All schools in Sweden have an small infirmity along with a school nurse, at least all the ones I went to

Its were you went to get your vaccinations among other things
>>
>>51039761
>getting injections from some minimum wage worker
i did rather want to do some skilled person do my vaccinations
>>
>>51039452
Yes, really nice ones.
>>
>>51039861
usually injection is done every few months by nurses
>>
>>51039452

I went to one when I was a kid, but it was a really big school. Most schools are too small to afford that.
>>
>>51039452
In my High School's administrative wing, there was a storage room which contained several crates full of apples and a mattress. If you said you were sick you were sent there for the rest of the day.
>>
what VN is this background from?
>>
File: 170_01byousitu_yoru2.png (652KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
170_01byousitu_yoru2.png
652KB, 1024x768px
>>51040325
I picked it at random from google images. I went back to it 4u and apparently it was posted by someone roleplaying in a forum, so it will be somewhat difficult to track down.
>>
>>51039452
We do in public schools usually.

Basically if you feel like shit you go there, they give you some Advil and you lay down or go home.

If you have a condition and need to take medication throughout the day the nurse keeps it, and you go there to take that medication.
>>
>>51039452
No but I attended to a catholic high school (Observe that public education is secular) and we had a priest and a psychologist available at all times
>>
Every school I have been to in Australia has this, usually just 1-2 beds though and one nurse who's been there forever.
>>
>>51043068
I did my pre-year 8 education in Australia and have never seen anything like anyone in this thread is describing in schools there.

Japan it's normal to have a room with a few beds, because students have to go to school even if they're sick so if they're really sick they're in there all day. Also everyone in the education system has to have medical checkups a few times a year including dental stuff and all that.
>>
>>51039452
we had a clinic with a nurse, there was a couple beds and shit that you could lie down in if u said u had a migrane or something, i used to do that lots.

there was a couple nurses and i think they were there 24/7 for the boarders
>>
No, there was probably a first aid kit though lmao
>>
>>51039452

1 bed if someone fainted and a "nurse" that applies band aids and rubbing alcohol. I guess they also have inhalers and those shots you give to people with a severe allegoric reaction.
>>
>>51039452
Yes and usually one or two beds. They don't do much treatment though. If you vomit, for example, they give you gatorade and let you lay down until your parents come to pick you up
>>
>>51039452
We have full time nurses.
Defibrillators and emergency oxygen things are also spread out around schools.
Only one school in my district when I was in high school had a full infirmary and that's because it was a career and technical education center where all the health science/nursing kids took their classes at.
>>
>>51039547
this.
>>
>>51039452
>Fiji

No, just a room with a bed. We had to do all the cleaning and stuff like in Japan though. Not because they wanted to teach us responsibility but because most schools couldn't afford janitors. Those that could probably didn't bother because this system works.
>>
>>51039452
There's usually one bed and two nurses for any school, it's just for a kid to lay on until their parent gets there to pick them up.
>>
>>51039515
This

There was a room next to the front office that had medicines/first aid and a bed and there was a 1 full time nurse but It wasn't a proper thing to treat people, just diagnose people and let them rest while their parents or an ambulance arrive.
>>
>>51046168
>>51044514
I guess we had none of this because I was in Tasmania.
>>
Yes, we do.
>>
Yes, our school has a catheterization lab, one stroke unit, a radiologist and a Cardiologist in case of a heart attack.
>>
I used our schools a couple of times so I can sleep
>>
Not a full set infirmaries.

Just some meds and other stuff patch up when somebody gets hurt.
>>
>>51039452
1 small room , ending up full of girls which skips classes

2 beds

1 female guard which sometimes doesn't exists
>>
we have infirmaries, but very seldom full time nurses
1 bed at most
>>
>>51039452
Nah just a room set aside for people to stay in until their parents pick them up
>>
File: 1318563621006.png (141KB, 395x386px) Image search: [Google]
1318563621006.png
141KB, 395x386px
>tfw qt nurse sucked my dick in school infirmary during penis inspection day
>>
>>51039452
we have a first aid pack..maybe
>>
There was a school nurse who was only there on extremely rare occasions

Then there were "resting rooms" that always made you feel depressed when you walked by them.

Just the idea of someone feeling ill enough to want to use those disgusting homes instead of being able to go home and rest... depressing desu
>>
>>51053696
>homes
*rooms
>>
>>51039452
Those who hate school go to this room to chat with the nurse teacher.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.