[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm aware the Germany offers nearly free education at a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: images.png (3KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3KB, 289x174px
I'm aware the Germany offers nearly free education at a university level for international students willing to learn German. What other countries and facilities have similar programs of elite quality?
>>
Japan. Swiss schools might as well be free.
>>
>>51036750
Ive heard negative things about swiss schools. It's too bad sweden doesn't do that sort of thing, they have some great unis.

Also Italy has some nice facilities for cheap.
>>
>>51036720
education is (nearly) free here
that doesnt mean though that you dont have to supply for yourself, students arent entitled to social benefits, even less non citizens
>>
>>51036720
>I'm aware the Germany offers nearly free education at a university level for international students willing to learn German.

And if you can pass the entry test.
Im not aware that americans have any degree comparable to 13 years of academic education
>>
>>51036922
isnt a high school degree pretty much on par with abitur or at least mittlere reife
>>
>>51036922
Well I have a couple years before I commit. From what I understand I just need to be knowledgeable in the education for my field. They state I need to take a bunch of math Advanced Placement Exams for architecture studies. Physics, Calc, shit like that
>>
>>51036966
High School is Hauptschulabschluss, College is Realschulabschluss afaik.

And college is more like a Berufsschule, than Oberstufe afaik.
>>
>>51036966
Depends on the state/school. High school diplomas across the US aren't comparable, that's why they have stuff like SAT
>>
>>51037125
I need to do more research. If the program is good, Im willing to work my ass of for it, than be in some mediocre program over here. Germany is booming and I figure I can make some good connections over there. Japan too.

I wouldn't know really who to talk to though, its not like I can just call up a german university and ask questions in English, is it?

Testing well will be easy for me though.
>>
>>51037230
>its not like I can just call up a german university and ask questions in English, is it?
Im pretty sure you can actually do this.
Most Universities here have a department for foreign students, they even have some folks that can speak chinese here.
>>
>>51037302
alright cool, Ill do that. What universities stand out to students over there? Googling only gets me so far.
>>
>>51037347
We have something called Exzellenzinitative. Basically, a bunch of universities did great research and receive more funding than other universities. This is the closest thing we have to "elite" universities, but it doesn't really matter where you study. Most are decent.
>>
>>51037347
Any TU (University of Technology), RWTH Aachen has a good reputation for engineers aswell.
You could also check Austrian universities if you're looking for prestige.
>>
>>51037491
Alright thanks, you been a big help
>>
>>51037531
Yea still looking into Europe as a whole basically. ETH Zurich is on my list
>>
>>51036966
What the fuck?, american highschool doesnt even get close to gymnasium, if you went to a good one you can go to 10/11th grade in gymnasium maybe.
>>
>>51037631
Nordic universities also have a great reputation here. If I'd go for an exchange year i'd probably go to Norway or Sweden.
>>
>>51037749
Sweden is going down the shitter, their education too, Norway > Sweden broski.
>>
>>51037347
Kinda depends on your budget too.
If you have the money TU Munich is the place to go. RWTH Aachen hast the best reputation tho hands down.
The rest is on the same level. If your not afraid of thermodynamics you can give Stuttgart a try, or KTI Karlsruhe.
>>
>>51037749
I would love to as well. But price is an issue on that front. Badass if you can manage it tho
>>
>>51037836
I know, but if you're not in Göteburg, Malmö or Stockholm Sweden is surprisingly white. Cant imagine something cozier than going to school at the frozen fucking end of the world.
>>
>>51037857
I can pay for living expensives if I work. But thats it. So closer to free is the only realistic way I can do it since an international student probably isnt getting loans
>>
File: 1447373004782.jpg (7KB, 146x127px) Image search: [Google]
1447373004782.jpg
7KB, 146x127px
>>51037910
I want to spend one semester at Luleå University of Technology. I'll apply for the Erasmus program, but I doubt I'll have success, there is a lot of demand.
>>
>>51037868
nordic countries have a great relation between rent, apartment size and distance to the town center.

If you can live in a small appartment, ~20 minutes with public transportation away from your university or workplace you have extremely fair prices and a cozy neigborhood in a suburb.
>>
>>51037993
looks cozy. Would/10
>>
>>51037836
Ive read the opposite more often
>>
>>51038128
Its not about would... its about acutally getting the funds to do it
>>
>>51036966
True, as far as I know. Which is pretty funny since we all know that German gymnasium (and Abitur) is sadly worth shit nowadays. And the US hs-diploma is even considered inferior to our crappy Abitur by the authorities here.
>>
>>51038364
>(and Abitur) is sadly worth shit nowadays.

Abitur is a requirement for some professions nowadays and university has nothing to do with school education. Even if it's easy to get, about 75% of people arent able to get it.
>>
>>51038364
>>51038752
Is there some big test I need to take as an international student other than ACT and SAT then? Since my hs diploma doesnt mean shit.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.