[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the most useless field of study and why is it philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 22

File: Old_Philosopher_by_Intervain.jpg (246KB, 850x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Old_Philosopher_by_Intervain.jpg
246KB, 850x1000px
what is the most useless field of study and why is it philosophy?
>>
>>36917544
Because literally every philosopher to ever exist was also something else
>>
It is gender studies for sure.
Good thing only shitty countries have it.
>>
>>36917544
how can a German of Kant.Hegel Heiedgger hate philosophy?
>>
>>36918004
it's boring
>>
>>36918004
Kant was gay as fuck, m8

"lol you can't lie even to prevent a murder from happening xDD"
>>
>>36918096
He said it's not moral, but sometimes morals can be ignored.
>>
Dont know, but here are candidates:

Philosophy. Solves no practical problems, its a "science" (that doesnt even use math or numbers or measurements) and is there only to create problems, not solve any. Luckily for us these problems are as irrelevant as the study itself, so no one cares.

Arts. Everyone is already an artist. You dont need to study art to be artist. You can smear a bunch of shit over the paper and call it art. Its subjective, therefore irrelevant. Its not objective, its not even a fucking science. Its a hobby, get over it. Leonardo DaVinci called art a hobby, and mechanical engineering "the most noble of all arts", so there you go (f)art students, take notes from the best artist in history.

Social studies/sciences. First of all these shits arent even fucking sciences. Calling them sciences is offense towards chemistry, engineering of various kind, physics, mathematics and so on. Social studies do not even use scientific method. Half of the time they are based on feelings instead of logic and numbers. They almost never give any kind of concrete, definitive, 100% reliable results. Abso-fucking-lutely useless. Clinical psychiatry is the only science out of all these 'muh feelings, the science' things.
>>
>>36917544
http://www.toptenz.net/to-10-useless-college-classes-degrees.php

>David Beckham studies – Staffordshire University, UK
>The Phallus – Occidental College
>Doctorate of Philosophy in Ufology – Melbourne University
>>
>>36917544
Spirituality rejected, now its time to reject philosophy. Are we getting more and more senseless ?
>>
>>36917544
Philosophy is really useful
just don't expect to get a 'job' as a professional philosopher

for literally any other career though having philosophy training is nothing but a boon
it teaches critical and abstract thinking as well as simply the ability to truly think
>>
>>36917544
>>36917585
Because all the useful branches of science were initially part of philosophy until they separated leaving an empty carcas.
>>
>>36918214
i think le therefore i le am :DDD
fuck off
>>
File: 1415165992833.jpg (7KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1415165992833.jpg
7KB, 217x250px
>>36917544
>learning philosophy
>people literally tell you what you think on what subject instead of forming you to think by yourself
>>
>>36917544
>>36918153
>>36918096
The amount of philistinism in this thread is astounding. I'm baffled.
>>
Fuck OP, fuck modern materialism. Anything not deemed immediatly practical or a short term quick pleasure, is deemed uselesss by such brainwashed people of a society.
Decadence follows in this thought. It should be mocked, for it has already caused damage in much of Western society
>>
>>36918251
do you think high level math and physics isn't philosophy just as much as it is science?
you think some dink with just a math degree will get anywhere other than being a human computer?

philosophy is easily the most useful degree to minor in bar none, it only adds to whatever else you do and helps build a full and independent outlook on life
there was a time when to be educated meant more than memorizing facts and number crunching
>>
>>36918288
But that's not what it's about. Philosophy is essentially one long conversation between philosophers spanning thousands of years of history. You need to learn the basics of how such thinking developed before you form your own opinion.
>>
>>36918096
Jesus christ you're retarded
>>
>>36918343
>striving to be "educated"
how about you become a happy person instead
>>
>>36918384
talking about some shit a few greeks said 2k years ago sure sounds fun

(it's not)
>>
ITT: children
>>
>>36918288
idk about France but I've taken philosophy courses (not as a major but just casually) and all of them were very open and discussion focused and I've never seen someone get in 'trouble' for saying something unconventional, whether it was logical or not

social science is more of the thought police than philosophy is
>>
>>36918419
It is REALLY fun if you're drunk and having a go at shitty soft-science people.
>>
>>36918389
>>36918419
Go back to your country and take your anti-intellectualism with it, animal.
>>
>>36918389
philosophy makes man happy in his own understanding and knowledge of his own path in life
>>
>>36917544

The people I know who think philosophy is useless constantly make mistakes in judgement throughout their lives and then ask "how did I mess up this bad, what should I do"

Philosophy isn't "useful" in that it'll get you a job. It's useful in that you learn how to live your fucking life, how other people ought to be treated, and where you stand in relation to everything else. It's things everyone thinks they know until pressed or put on the spot.
>>
Philosophy is only useful when combined with something else. It learns you think,speak, read properly, compile great argumentations... People who study philosophy on it's own are retarded. It's just a specific literature study then.

t. philosophy and law student
>>
>>36917544
Practically all modern sciences branched out of Philosophy. Philosophy asks questions about the world, about morality, and encourages critical thinking.

I think we'll need it more than ever as we enter an technocentric era.
>>
>>36918506
>It's useful in that you learn how to live your fucking life, how other people ought to be treated, and where you stand in relation to everything else
That's what parents are for m8.
>>
File: 1414868084019.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1414868084019.png
17KB, 900x900px
>>36918419
It can be. But who said studying was supposed to be fun?

Do you think someone studying engineering is gleeful when doing his grueling math homework? Or do you think a computer science guy is having fun when doing his tedious code monkey shit?
>>
>>36918522
>. People who study philosophy on it's own are retarded. It's just a specific literature study then.
Nah you're retarded
>>
>>36918299
>cant discuss, cant provide a point, cant refute one either

My post is spot on. It's literally perfect, and all of my opinions are explained why I think that way.
On the other hand you dont. You just flinged shit at the person who'se opinion you didnt liked.

Come on, prove me wrong.
>>
>>36918288
Ignorance is not freedom and only fools use that as an excuse.
>>
>>36918522
its always useful
but paying to get a degree in it probably isn't unless its a minor or a second degree

still that doesn't mean you shouldn't bother to learn what you can, and since a shit ton of stuff is available to you you can easily read up on this on your own while studying anything else
>>
>>36918561
freedom is hard though
much easier to just do what the tv says
>>
>>36918558

Well, philosophy is a beautiful study. But anyone has to admit that it does not have any useful workrelated skills.
>>
>>36918559
Considering how arrogant in calling your own materialistic views "perfect" and "spot on", I'd find it in the best to say "fuck off" since you'd lack the capacity to hear anything outside of it
>>
>>36918419
Kek I had some philosophy classes at uni and it was fucking annoying, 95% of it was memorize facts about philosophers' lives and concepts, it should've been called "history of philosophy" intead
>>
>>36918677
Philosophy is not a "specific literature study".
That's the retarded part.

As for workrelated skills, that entirely depends on what your job is.
>>
>>36918677
Things like Meditations by Marcus Aurelius can literally teach you how to overcome intense physical pain, and how to overcome social anxiety too.
>>
>>36918547

Philosophy addresses things with logic instead of "do this because I say so." It makes you actually believe what is being said instead of just blindly following it.

And, if your parents actually did reason things out with you, they either used philosophy to explain why things are right and wrong or their reasoning was flawed as shit and the only reason it seems right is your child mind couldn't refute it.
>>
>>36918386
>>36918299
>>36918148
Trolled hard :^)
>>
Because our countries are based on philosophical foundations, in terms of law and governance.

If we collectively forgo philosophical precedent, our legal foundations will break down.
>>
Philosophy is not useless in many ways. For most of us, it's entertaining and therapeutic. Philosophy of science and epistemology is incredibly relevant as well...

Thing is, it's been part of Western society for so long it seemingly blends into our day to day life. Perhaps that's why it's underappreciated by many.
>>
>>36918683
>still continues with personal insults
>because he cant argue for shit

lel, fun fact shitlord, you live in a "materialistic" world, aight? Everything around you is materialistic. Materialistic science solves problems, practical problems. Materialistic approach and study is why you can make your shitty post on the internet and change your Amerifat flag into a Jap one.

Now go ahead back to your artsy fartsy studies, we all have fucking hobbies but at least we do not treat our hobbies as a fucking science you pretentious fuck. When unemployment rate drops below 90%, THEN you can be called a useful, respectable science that society needs.

Being "an artist" is fucking childish, guess what, everyone is an artist, but not everyone is useful, that's why society doesnt care about your personal, subjective shit.
Grow up, become useful member of society, and do art as a hobby instead of leeching tax paying workers with actual work, work you use every day.
>>
File: 121 (1).png (331KB, 600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
121 (1).png
331KB, 600x1081px
>>36918868
>>
>>36918766
Hot to be a parent, by Socrates
>Daddy, daddy! Where do babies come from?
>Why is wrong to hit girls if I'm a boy" etc etc

>All I know is that I know nothing son

>Thanks dad, really fucking helpful
>>
File: 1416026179736.png (1MB, 1350x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1416026179736.png
1MB, 1350x1300px
>>36918754
>Marcus Aurelius can literally teach you how to overcome social anxiety too.

It better not be some bullshit like : just b yourself
>>
>>36919011
ayy lmao
>>
I'm just finishing a joint Ba in Philosophy and going to be moving into a Bsc in Psychology after graduation, studying it was mostly a waste of time but it was really easy, guess it helped me realize what I really want to do in life at least.
>>
File: 1422065961134.png (272KB, 686x546px) Image search: [Google]
1422065961134.png
272KB, 686x546px
>>36918958
mad you got tricked? ;)
>>
>>36918951
Christ you are pathetic, so blinded in your miserable shit that you can't even realize I'm not the same poster you directed your question to. I see how ingrained you are that I can see it's obvious to tell you to fuck off.

Now continue being a beast and masturbating over your objects that you vainly hope will one day satisfy you.
>>
>>36919085

whaddya wanna do?
>>
File: in-treatment-2011-a-l.jpg (19KB, 565x318px) Image search: [Google]
in-treatment-2011-a-l.jpg
19KB, 565x318px
>>36919131
Clinical psychologist
>>
>>36918754
>Things like Meditations by Marcus Aurelius can literally teach you how to overcome intense physical pain, and how to overcome social anxiety too.

Patented bullshit of the highest degree
>>
Philosophy isn't useless it is actually quite handy for getting your
head out of your own ass sometimes,which is why most people on
4chan seem to dislike it.
>>
>>36919011
made me chuckle :D
>>
Philosophers and artists: Its because I said so!
Actual science people: its because of scientific method and ability to repeat experiment in the same conditions 100% of the time.

>>36919126
>he still cant discuss the point, refute it, or provide arguments
no u
>>
>>36919233
Thats not true though, philosophy students have their head up their asses like no one else.
>>
File: j.png (918KB, 680x1130px) Image search: [Google]
j.png
918KB, 680x1130px
>>36919117
>>
people told me archaeology is useless when I started studies, but it isn't. there are jobs in it, it's interesting and it's a good thing to do in life imo. if you're interested in it.
>>
>>36919021
>iustus exsisto teipsum
t. Marcus Aurelius
>>
>>36918153
>mfw third world serb nigger thinks he's white
>mfw he's a STEMfag obssessed with "muh st8 cash monies"
>mfw he is literally living his life as a savage nigger cockroach
Kill yourself lol
>>
File: phil.png (659KB, 525x612px) Image search: [Google]
phil.png
659KB, 525x612px
This is now a philosophy general

what have you been reading, /int/?
>>
>>36919306
this

law students are nearly just as bad
>>
>>36919343
>cant discuss the point, can only make personal remarks
lel xDDDDD
no u :DDDDDDDD
nigger x)))))))))
>>
File: 1419648979610.jpg (95KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1419648979610.jpg
95KB, 680x680px
>>36919219
>Implying it didn't work for me
>Implying that doesn't make my statement correct
>>
>>36919233
it's not that more people on 4chan dislike philosophy, it's just that the simplest assburger minds tend to be the loudest, which creates an illusion of a hostile enviroment towards the science
>>
>>36919011
>All I know is that I know nothing
Looks like that quote went over your fucking head and you're not the only one.
Don't mock it if you don't know shit about anything
>>
File: 1422359193536.png (37KB, 128x195px) Image search: [Google]
1422359193536.png
37KB, 128x195px
>>36919351
>/int/
>reading
>>
>>36919296

>Philosophers: Its because I said so!
Philosophy is all about reasoning bro.
I wont say anything about Art, cause I dont know shit about art.
>>
>>36919296
Are you blind? It's funny that I'm not the person you directed your questions toward, yet you still hop on me hoping to satisfy your miserable anti-intellectual attitude. Perhaps you should go to the club again so you meet people of the same mental capacity that would agree with you in that materliasim is best

Do you want to keep making this funny?
>>
>>36919351
I'm taking a class on Gnosticism so I've been reading a lot related to that
right now I'm working on a paper on the Gospel of Truth
>>
>>36919392
If it worked, which I highly doubt, it was simply because it acted as a plecebo trigger of a latent build up to a change in behavior.
>>
>>36919398
Sorry Socrates, didn't know you were so sensitive.
>>
>>36919351

I was trying to read the sickness unto death but now that school's started again I've put it aside for now. I'm reading Gogol and Pushkin later this year for an Imperial Russian history class, and I've got a lot of work for my German translation independent study.
>>
>>36919391
>mfw serb cockroach children icinerate from NATO air raids
your kind deserve no better fate
>>
>>36919392
Stoicism is for social anxiety autists.
Your need to intellectualize difficulty is just a sign you can't manage your emotions.
>>
>>36918561
Technically, choosing to remain ignorant is exercising freedom.
If you don't agree, please provide an explanation/argument.
>>
Philosophy has become so deeply ingrained in our lives we have forgot it's true value
>>
>>36919454
what does that matter when it worked for him?
>>
File: 1422653553559.png (448KB, 496x708px) Image search: [Google]
1422653553559.png
448KB, 496x708px
>>36919351
>Adorno
>>
>>36919351
Heidegger.
>>
>>36919512
While the method was based on freedom, the result isn't. I can choose to walk into a prison cell and let it close on me, but in the end I am now in a prison, and have no freedom.
>>
Why are fedoras so useless? They don't study, they don't have their own ideas, but think that parroting the bullshit that their fedora masters spout makes them a Ph.D, in all subjects?
Philosophy teaches you how to think. Of course, imbeciles who can't think and are unwilling to learn how to do that hate Philosophy. A nice example is Degrease Tyson. The jackass believes that a diploma in Astrophysics allow him to talk about History, Religon, Genetics you name it. Every time he opens his stupid mouth it's easy to see that he's talking about shit he knows nothing about, but his fan club take his word as universal truth. The fat ass hates Philosophy because it asks too many questions and its a waste of time. Makes sense, because people knew how to think it wouldn't take long to see the huge fraud he is.
>>
le vumin studies :DDD
>>
>>36919566
It matters when he's proposing it as a cure for people which it wont be for the vast majority if any cases.
And that assumes its helped him whatsoever.

You can not simply rationalize your way out of irrational mental issues
>>
>>36919503
Yeah, it's true. I'm an autist who couldn't manage his emotions. Stoicism was for me.
>>36919454
What does "placebo trigger of a latent build up to a change of behavior" mean?
>>
>>36919572
?
>>
>>36919503

>stoicism
>bad

lel
>>
>>36919296
Haven't heard anything that stupid in quite a while, and I come here frequently.
>>
>>36917544
Women's studies
>>
>>36918153
>Social studies do not even use scientific method
Ebin, simply ebin. Meanwhile I have to babysit engineers in chief positions because they can barely use excel.
>>
>>36919618
>Philosophy teaches you how to think.
That's a statement loaded with intellectual supremacy right there.
>>
>>36919691
Russia wins.
>>
>>36919665
It means if reading the book caused you to get over your social anxiety it was because the stage had been set for you to get over it and it was the book that set you over the edge.
If you didn't read the book it would have been some other book, or movie or experience or whatever that you'd mark as the item that cured you.
The exact item was arbitrary
>>
>>36919332
Anything that leads people to question reality or the official version of facts is useless.
>>
>>36919638
I'm genuinely sorry if I overstepped by using my anecdotal experience as a general example, I was just trying to give an example of how philosophy could be practically applied in the world in response to the anon who said it couldn't be.
>>
>>>>36919296
That's funny because the scientific process by itself is historically a subbranch of philosophy. In the 18th century, science was called "natural philosophy". But I'm pretty sure you don't actually know what the philosophical reasoning implies anyway.
>>
>>36919785
Even that is false, if you're using philosophy as self help books you're not reading legitimate philosophy or you're not getting legitimate help, simple as that.
>>
>>36919714
Well, unlike you believe thinking doesn't come naturally like taking a shit. An people need to learn how to shit properly even so.
>>
>>36919714
But that is the point of the subject. Epistemology for example, is about knowledge itself and defining and understanding it, and how one aquires it.
>>
>>36919907
>thinking doesn't come naturally
Proofs?
>>
File: 1412806272733.jpg (50KB, 657x781px) Image search: [Google]
1412806272733.jpg
50KB, 657x781px
>ALL of the "arguments" that philosophy, soft sciences and arts do not use scientific method, were ad hominem

L E L
E
L

Like, literally all posts out of all posts.
Face it:
Everyone is already an artist. You can throw shit at paper and call it art. Its a hobby, not an academic discipline.
Philosophy does not solve any practical problems. "Its because I said so!" is upon what philosophy is built.
And soft sciences are not sciences at all. They work on feelings and happy thoughts, not on numbers and logic. They are inconclusive. They are not reliable. They are not a fucking science. Chemistry is science. Programming is a fucking science. Math is a science as well.

>how much is 2+2
>math: its 4
>how much is 2+2
>soft sciences: well, you see, its actually quite complicated, you see, on thursday its 3, but on friday its 5, sometimes it can also be 11, and if the subjects mother was left handed its 17, but of course its not like that every time, just sometimes, you see, its all very scientific [...]
>>
>>36919907
>thinking doesn't come naturally
maybe not for americans
>>
>>>>36919351
Started to read Aquinas' Summa Theologica on a dare.
It's actually quite brilliant intellectually . I can't take seriously anyone speaking about "Dark Ages" with that.
>>
>>36920006
I firmly believe in the methods of science and hence I believe that thinking comes first with philosophy and other mishaps of thought following it.
>>
>>36918544
This, so much fucking this.
>>
>>36919296
>Philosophy: It's because I said so!
You're being literally retarded.
Philosophy is all about logic and reasoning, which is something most people seem to have problems with. I'm not saying it's necessarily a science or something that will keep you employed, but it would be really damn cool if people could get some basic training/education in philosophy, but in a better form than having a class of 30 sit down, telling them some stuff about Socrates and Platon, a bit of the concept behind "if a tree falls in a forest without anyone around, does it make a sound?" and asking if anyone wants to discuss it, then moving on, because how it was like in my high school was literally useless.
>>36919602
The only reason you don't have freedom in the prison self is materialistic. The same as you don't have the freedom to jump off a building and fly for two hours in the sky by flapping your bare arms around without tools to help you.
Freedom only exists in the mind, in thought and ideas, the physical world never allows someone real freedom as I see it.
>>
File: 1420803083629.jpg (31KB, 204x266px) Image search: [Google]
1420803083629.jpg
31KB, 204x266px
>>36920022
Either this is some ebin tryharding to troll or you really are genuinely upset over your own stupidity.
>>
>>36920076
only retarded fedoras claim shit like "the dark ages"
>>
>>36920022
You post the same lies every time. Nobody is going to seriously argue with the homeless bum that shits in the public square and screams his bullshit.

I find it amusing that somebody so sure of their superiority is insecure enough to spend a span of years butthurt over such a stupid false premise.
>>
>>36920022
How is math science? There's no such thing as numbers, literally just fantasy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZYK9N1IP5Q
>>
>>36920022
>being from fucking serbia
>>
>>36917544
Because every PhD is completely useless
>>
File: 142235615928.png (171KB, 334x481px) Image search: [Google]
142235615928.png
171KB, 334x481px
>he likes to work
>>
>>36920022
>Logic is not an academic discipline

If it wasn't for philosophy math as it is today, wouldn't exist.
>>
>>36920236
Math precedes philosophy.
>>
>>36920236
Not to mention Math simply is a branch of Logic
>>
>>36918951
You are the most perfect and accurate example of the expression piece of work. And the living breathing personification of the concept of tool.
>>
>>36919901
Aurelius wrote "Meditations" as a self-help book for himself. It may not be "legitimate" in your eyes, but goddamn, is it sublime.
>>
>>36920150
this
math is a fucking joke-science

I'm supposed to believe in some magical sky numbers that I've never even seen?
>>
>>36920268
Pro tip: It doesn't.
>>
>>36920268
It really doesn't.
Math in its earliest and simplest form is a form of philosophy.
It is today as well, even though it's outgrown that label and required one of its own, but not everyone will accept that.
>>
File: 1422546633820.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1422546633820.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
>>36918196
>The Phallus
But isn't that the most important thing in the world?
>>
>>36920268
Explain, when math always required logic for comprehension and use of it even at a basic level
>>
>>36920022
>being this fucking pathetic
To think that I once had a shred of respect for Serbs.
>>
>>36917544
Because understanding philosophy is a personal reflection that one must make themselves. One can prefer one branch of philosophy to another but few rarely agree entirely with a single philosopher. Thus, philosophy is only objectively useful in the field of teaching, which requires an education degree anyway.
Most degrees, at least in the US, force you to take multiple prerequisite anyway so that you have some sort of liberal arts education. Though even a degree in philosophy is better a than a purely liberal arts degree, because at least you specialized in a field that makes you qualified for a position instead of a degree that really says you went to school for 4 years and never decided what you wanted to be the entire time you were there.
>>
>>36920328
>>36920342
You mean to say the person from whom the term "philosophy" originates from wasn't doing sick ass math before it?
You mean to say people weren't trading and counting shit before philosophy hit the West?

Please.

>>36920385
Well then I state that mathematics is rudimentary to philosophy.
>>
>>36920115
0 arguments

>>36920127
0 arguments

>>36920166
0 arguments

>>36920236
'Because I said so!' on top of 0 arguments
alternatively: proofs

>>36920285
0 arguments

Artsy fartsy, soft sciences and philosophy status:
[x] told
[ ] not told
>>
>>36920384
But no one needs to get a degree to use it. :3
>>
>>36920268
No it doesn't.
Math is basically a set of rules based on human logic.
I'd say math didn't "exist" until those rules were first actually acknowledged, not just simply used.
>>
>>36920510
>serb nigger
>serb nigger
>serb nigger

[x] bombed nigger
[ ] not bombed nigger
>>
File: mah nigga.jpg (713KB, 1628x2046px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.jpg
713KB, 1628x2046px
Why are people here so plebbish? Reading philosophy is great for many reasons:

>Helps understand the theories of many subjects throughout history
>Puts into perspective why our society is structured the way it is today
>Instills love of knowledge that helps you branch out to offer fields of academia
>Causes you to question morality not just in "what you should do", but "why we should do it"
>Provides an extensive collection of literature ranging from novels to ancient discourses
>Facilitates the ability to have debates without resorting to fallacies
Most importantly
>Makes you aware you may not always be right, but makes you strive for cognitive self-improvement

It seems the only people that don't like philosophy are the ones that have difficulty with abstract thinking.
Which is a little sad because I was able to understand philosophical concepts even when I was 13. But I guess some of us are just stuck to mediocrity.
>>
>>36920452
Thinking, which includes logic in humans, existed and was required before math was put to use. Because of this, math follows after philosophy.
>>
>>36920521
OK, my final argument and this is the BIG one. In the Civilization series, math precedes philosophy.
>>
>>36920452
Math was always a form of philosophy, even if it wasn't called that.
>>
>>36919405
I don't know where this idea of anyone is an artist and you just go ahead and smear the canvas with shit and that's art. In order to be an artist,you need to study color theory, composition, perspective, anatomy and many other disciplines. Nothing is random in art, not even Pollock. But a retard will look at a Pollock or a Mondrian piece and think they're shit, because they weren't educated to appreciate art and beauty.
>>
ITT: people that post stuff like "haha benis :-DDD" and "your mom" jokes try to have an intelligent debate.
>>
>>36920510
How much longer will you continue being assblasted?
>>
>>36920656
ITT: Whiteness
>>
File: 1421859379676.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421859379676.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>36920510
>'Because I said so!' on top of 0 arguments
That is literally all you have done in this thread.

You have yet to provide any actual evidence
>>
>>36920683
Well now that I'm here, of course.
>>
File: 138749856977.jpg (17KB, 275x313px) Image search: [Google]
138749856977.jpg
17KB, 275x313px
>>36920510
You seem to think that philosophy somehow excludes your take on the world, and that philosophy is everything that clashes with your own thinking.

I give you a
"classic assburger in its simplest form"/10.
>>
File: 2deep.jpg (78KB, 740x563px) Image search: [Google]
2deep.jpg
78KB, 740x563px
>>36920622
>art is a science

No seriously, stop grouping yourself with actual academics, like physicists, chemists, engineers and so on. You are not intellectuals.
>>
>>36920016
I honestly hope you're trolling.
>>
>>36920597
Shit you got me stuck there m8
You win
>>
Bioethics/Medical ethics is quite important to the vast majority of people
on the planet
>>
I am glad that there are still many phlisophyphiles on /int/
>>
>>36920735
This is getting sadder and funnier each time you post
>>
>>36920596
Do you have any proof that requirement? It's trivial to see that 1+1 doesn't need any philosophy tied to it to work imho.

>>36920616
Was trading shells a form of philosophy?

>>36920744
Take it up with the neuroscientists.
>>
>>36920622
>because they weren't educated to appreciate art and beauty
Educated by whom? Who or what dictates what's art and beauty?
>>
>>36920735
If you actually had the ability to study philosophy, you would know that you committed a fallacy called "strawman". Then again, I should be surprised you know how to use a computer.
>>
>>36920037
Anyone can take a shit, but I bet you shit in the streets whenever you feel like,it's only natural.
Anyone can think, but few can think correctly.
And we all know you belong to the vast majority.
>>
>>36920735
Why? Because you say so? For someone who is crying and demanding factual concrete order for everything, right now you are failing miserable at it yourself.

What is your argument beyond "Er....I think you don't use reason in art" (which is not true)
>>
If people who don't know shit about philosophy would stop talking about it, I'd be an happier man.
>>
>>36920452
>Early arithmetic is modern math

lel ur dumb
>>
>>36920076
Some idiot said that all religious people are stupid, I posted a link to a list of doctors of the Church. Should have posted a link to Newton's religious works, too.
>>
Is this an ebin troll or are there people actually stupid enough to be against philosophy?
For what purpose?
>>
>>36920865
>Anyone can think, but few can think correctly.
There's that supremacy talk again. Where do you gather that there is such a thing as "correct" thinking and that philosophy is the way to do it.

>>36920922
Please contain your insults and projections. I was arguing that historically what is considered math precedes what is considered philosophy. Chillax mang.
>>
File: actual piece of art.jpg (286KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
actual piece of art.jpg
286KB, 600x450px
>>36920821
This is getting sadder and sadder. You are sad. You are also ugly. And dumb. And stupid. And a nigger. And gay. You are also retarded. And a jap.
Haha lol xDDDD :DDDDDD x))))))))

Now for an argument:
Without actual academics: artists die out because no electricity, no medicaments, no protection, no weapons, no satellites, no bridges, no fucking anything
Without artists/philosophers: more budget for projects.

Now lets all stop for a moment and appreciate this piece of art/philosophy.
>>
>>36920236
Logic is very hard to find anywhere, and especially, here.
>>
>>36920836
I've already explained it. When you're using math, one obviously first needs an understanding of logic, even at a basic level. A comprehension of counting, of what "0" means, etc. You're not going to understand such concepts if one has no innate sense of logic that humans are born with.
>>
>>36920768
Yeah, but more and more new generations are becoming brainless zombies. I remember my first (and only) mandatory philosophy class, I can't believe people can be so simple-minded.

It's like another era of the Catholic church.
>>
Without filosohpy the human race would have colonised several planets from distant galaxies by now.

t. Omniscient entity
>>
>>36920510
I am afraid one of these days you will crack up, if you haven't already. I feel sorry for the people around you, because if you harm yourself it wouldn't be a bad thing, at all. By if you harm innocent people. oh that's what you scumbags are all about.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.