[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you sell your artwork?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1503189959783.jpg (42KB, 499x433px) Image search: [Google]
1503189959783.jpg
42KB, 499x433px
I'm starting to have a large number of people asking to buy my art and i'm pretty much new to this whole thing.
Are there any websites that will print and deliver copies of my work?what's the easiest way?

pic unrelated
>>
desperate bumping
>>
>>3138542
>Are there any websites that will print and deliver copies of my work?
yes
>>
>>3138576
could you name a few that I can trust?
>>
>>3138542
Use catprint.com to order your prints, then sell them to your buyers yourself for 100% of the profit.

Using services that just take your image and sell for you will eat up something like 80% of your profit. Those are only good for artists who move a LOT of volume and can't bother to set something up themselves because they're busy with other projects.
>>
>>3138542
>>3138593

For smaller prints, use padded envelopes. For larger prints, you're going to need to use mailing tubes.

Mailing tubes generally cost anywhere from $1 to $2 per tube depending on where you get them and the size you're using. The shipping is probably going to be another $2-5 depending on location and destination. So you're looking at adding something like $3-7 for shipping in addition to your base price.
>>
>>3138594
>>3138593
Very insightful advice,thank you so much!
Do you have any tips for selling graphic tees? I've had people telling me they'd like to have my art on a shirt and I'm not really sure where to start
>>
>>3138601
>Do you have any tips for selling graphic tees?
yes
>>
>>3138601
So the problem with t-shirts is that its very risky.

Unlike the prints which are super cheap to print so you can easily make back your investment with just a few sales and keep a supply on head, t-shirts cost a lot more to make and if you don't sell them you're down a lot of money.

Shirt printing services cost quite a bit for low volume so you'd need to buy them at wholesale amounts to get a cheap price where it becomes really profitable.

You're looking at $10-15/each to print small number of shirts so you'd need to sell them at 25+ to be worth the effort. Not to mention not all colors/designs will work well on a shirt and you'll probably have to go through some trial and error to get one that works well.

I'd start with prints and maybe if there's one design that a lot of people want as a shirt you can have them pay first.

There's also the issue with sizing, which makes shirts a pain to have inventory for if you can't easily move them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.