[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth going to artschool?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Lmao.jpg (103KB, 1136x784px) Image search: [Google]
Lmao.jpg
103KB, 1136x784px
It is too expensive, I can take studentloans but I'd rather not pay it if I can learn on my own. I heard people taught themselves and became successful on their own. Is it worth?
>>
>>3137883
Try learning on your own first and see if you can do it.
>>
>>3137883
>spending a ton of money just to learn how to do pretty drawings

LOLMAO just educate yourself with ebooks famalam
>>
File: 1474052744614.jpg (4MB, 3262x4982px) Image search: [Google]
1474052744614.jpg
4MB, 3262x4982px
>>
Don't expect different results being like everybody else.
>>
>>3137913
shut the fuck up you dumb sissy cockslut
>>
if you can afford it no problem. otherwise don't bother and invest somewhere else.
>>
>>3137883
this fucking picture, oh god.

>drawing vector-ish shadows on real canvas.
makes my eyes hurt
>>
>>3137883
not if you you're going to paint pretentious memes
>>
It's as simple as that

Do you have $? or parents pay you the education?

Yes.

otherwise, no.
>>
>>3137883
it's only expensive if you don't make it
>>
>>3137883
Hahahaha
>>
Imo learn to draw for like 6 years and THEN go to art school
You'll make more connections, it'll be less stressful and you'll be closer to being able to get a job to pay it off sooner once you leave

You can learn to draw pretty well on your own, just study the fundamentals
>>
>>3137883
Dat photo tho
>>
Im at artschool myself:

Pluses: Other artists you can learn from which make you competetive = faster learning

Min: After first year you basically start knowing more than your bullshit teachers

Just check out Kienan Lafferty dude, you can get there yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWRF9GpRCNI
>>
>>3138334
If you draw for 6 years you'll be a pro because that would be more than 10000 hrs if you put 5 hrs a day
>>
I mean you can always pirate high quality, expensive tutorials (Vilppu), books (Megg's History and a lot more) and programs (Ps, Ai) to practice until you get good enough. Which will all cost you kinda like going to some shitty college.
And the thing I hate about my college is the amount of useless shit you have to learn. Basically waste of time 90%. And shitty professors that can hardly teach you more than reading one quality book.
>>
>>3138389
It's important to take into consideration the reality of the human condition
We're not perfect, very few of us are capable of studying 5 hours a day everyday without fail for 6 years
That time is enough for you to do some soul searching, learn how to learn, and also time that you will inevitably fail to study whether it's depression or mistakes
>>
Another alternative to self study is to attend an atelier or look into going to a industry connected school like concept design academy or brainstorm. Both are significantly cheaper than going to an accredited art school.
>>
>>3137883
>I know what i have to do and study well

Study your self, but if you stuck at some point consider go to school

>I'm so fucking dumb and don't know what to do

Just go to school

But most people struggling at first year
There are so much resource to learn and they have possibility even wasting time
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.