[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If funky/crazy or derivative/unimaginative modern architecture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

If funky/crazy or derivative/unimaginative modern architecture is bad, and going for pre-1900s styles is kitschy/non-authentic, what should the vast majority of buildings look like in an European city, i.e. residences and offices and not "special" buildings like theaters and such?

t. don't know shit about architecture, just want your view
>>
They should look like commieblocks because they're going to be overpopulated soon.
>>
>>3136692
They should have just continued down the same path they were on in the pre-war era. The styles changed, but the fundamentals remained the same.

Today everything is made of glass, steel and plastic, and everything is made up of simply geometric shapes. There are no details anywhere, and every building looks like some cheap, plastic gadget designed by Apple, that will be outdated in two years.
>>
>>3136692
>European city, i.e. residences and offices

Think erosion and Kintsukuroi. The conservation of old neoclassic architecture with modern and expencive prostetics that insinuate a past that is not there anymore. Like the david statue on the children of man movie. All in the name of respect of the past and not a replica with parasitic elements like pipes, exposed metalic frames, skin covers or facade that floats in front of the old but disrespect with its presence, etc. Go look the prague of deus ex man kind divided and you will get it.

T.sorry for my brocken english. Not my main tongue
>>
>>3136692
First step is to reject the "Form follows function" meme. I don't think it is about copying the old style, but just to start giving a shit about aesthetics again. What follows will be new and I don't think we can predict how it will look like.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.