[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUPPLIES, MOTHERFUCKER

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1502568559969.jpg (15KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
1502568559969.jpg
15KB, 480x472px
Hello /ic/

I am going to spent 200$ on drawing equipment to master perspective traditionally.

This is in my chart

>Straight edge
>T square
>2 sketchbooks
>Ellipse templates
>Circle template
>Pilot Hi-tec C
What else do I need?
>>
>T square
Not that useful, honestly it will save some minutes but overall a ruler and a 90° triangle do the same thing
>straight edge
Nigga just use a ruler

>What else do you need
HONESTLY you don't need that many shit, so I wouldn't worry that much about it, from my experience though
>Trigonometry set, absolutely essential and will make the T square useless
>Compass
>Non shitty, non metal, transparent ruler
Make sure it won't be annoying by extended use and that it won't leave marks on the paper
>A protractor, to read precise angles
>a LOT of blue and red pencils
>3 shitloads of patience

Godspeed anon, perspective's a bitch, remember to study lines and ellipses like a madman, pray to Robertson and never to give up.
>>
>>3134944

Thanks Anon. You didn't mention the ellipse templates, I imagine that's because they are essential, yes?
>>
>>3134954

I'm not last anon.
I think elipse templates is more to technical draw or concept design. No need to training or sketches. But you need a clipboard or something to paper stay in 20° / 30°.
>>
>>3134914
You don't need to make a thread for this. Plenty of helpful anons in the supply thread. Anyway, I took a technical drawing class and have also taught myself a little perspective. Hi-Tec-Cs are nice for freehand drawing, but I was taught to draw along guides (rulers, etc) holding the drawing tool straight up and down and Hi-Tec-Cs don't flow well like that. A 0.3mm or 0.5mm mechanical pencil works just fine, ballpoint pens too. You're missing a drawing board to put the T-Square on. All the drawings we did were done on drafting tables, taping a sheet of paper on the corners. I think trying to use a sketchbook over a drawing board would be a huge inconvenience.

Best addition I can recommend is a 2"x18" (or whatever fits the paper) transparent grid ruler. They're easy to move around and cheat parallel/perpendicular lines without having to slide a triangle along a straightedge. I'm not sure if you really need ellipse and circle templates. I'd probably just buy a 2'x4'x1/4" piece of masonite (<$5) to make a drawing board out of (or just an actual drawing board), a few big pads of paper, T-Square, 30x60x90 and 45x45x90 triangles, ruler, compass, and some black/red/blue pencils or ballpoint pens to start. If use pencils, get good erasers (Pentel Super Hi Polymer or Staedtler Mars for example), an eraser shield, and a drafting brush. I'd probably start with that and buy more if/when you need it.

I'm working through How to Draw and I use just blue/black ballpoint pens, a ruler, and a pad of paper 99 percent of the time. I have a lot more than that which never gets used.
>>
you just need a shitty sketchbook , because you will fucking dor wrong shit and just start over and learn from the shit you did wrong , and 2-3 pencils , you can even use HB's who the fuck cares u'r just learning perspective it's not like ur doing gradients and shit like that
>>
>>3135035
also draw that them lines with ur bare hand , just pencil , no ruller or anything , it helps with your line
>>
>>3135036
>>>3135035
and use basic shapes like cubes and other kinds of rectangles , also draw them from life , it's the best way and the only way , you can't just imagine perspective and hope to get it right from ur head
>>
>>3134954
You'll need them for later when you get into actual construction so not super necessary but they do save some time and save some work at that point.

If anything I say wait till later.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.