[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen, how do we fix western animation? https://www.you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: brave new world animation.jpg (430KB, 1432x766px) Image search: [Google]
brave new world animation.jpg
430KB, 1432x766px
Gentlemen, how do we fix western animation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTC7wQMHHEA
>>
>>3134443
I don't know, but shitposting on /ic/ won't fix it
>>
File: killmeirlemoji.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
killmeirlemoji.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>3134443
We can't.
Animation degrees no longer require talent, but if your parents can afford 100k in debt. Western Animation is a free for all now with no guidelines to what is currently good anymore.
>>
Western animation puts values on acting and script quality over artistic integrity.
>>
File: 1504563350380.png (367KB, 581x687px) Image search: [Google]
1504563350380.png
367KB, 581x687px
>>3134443
it will be fixed as soon as the rest of the west is fixed. i.e. when the empire falls and we get to rebuild without jewish influence
>>
>>3134443
this trailer made me smile and chuckle while the neo yokio made me cringe. Why is that?
>>
>>3134469
>script quality
>>
>>3134604
Think about it, though.

Even if a show sucks, most of the voice actors are beloved. Script quality isn't just the writing, it's the delivery. And even though you can get a lot of duds, a majority of the VAs are up to par.

I'm doing a pilot for a web series next year, and I've been looking for VAs. Tight knit groups, and you can get drama queens in there but it's generally a very supportive community. They help each other out, sometimes they even find each other jobs.

Unfortunately the artistic side has... Little to none of this in comparison. At least in the west. Because it's an incredibly cut throat business. Everyone wants to draw, everyone wants to be an artist and animate and get famous for their shows. Unfortunately, not a lot of them work together.
>>
>>3134443
This whole show should be wiped off the planet, how is netflix allowing such a blatant pedo show?
>>
>>3134443
I really like the way the trailer is edited.
It has a a really cozy, old school vibe to it.
The animation and art however is absolute garbage and western animation can't be fixed before the mainstream opinion of it doesn't change.
>>
>>3134443
You just wait. NAnime industry is slowly blossoming.

My estimate eta for it would be 5-6 years from now. Will come after the chinese animation wave.
>>
File: 1505244012659.jpg (70KB, 887x498px) Image search: [Google]
1505244012659.jpg
70KB, 887x498px
>>3134614
>Script quality isn't just the writing, it's the delivery.
Dude what?
Script quality refers to the writing.
If you're praising the voice actors for delivering well voiced lines, you praising the voice actors, not the quality of the writing.
>>
>>3134717

This man knows whats up. The younger talent will start getting the jobs and we'll see a new golden age. Now isn't a better time to get into animation.
>>
File: 1505252451232.gif (176KB, 363x281px) Image search: [Google]
1505252451232.gif
176KB, 363x281px
>>3134557
I don't know anyone that would care if all the Jews suddenly vanished
>>
>>3134571
You have shit taste in either case, bud
>>
File: line of action.jpg (233KB, 759x1024px) Image search: [Google]
line of action.jpg
233KB, 759x1024px
The problem with american animation is the cost of production. Spirited Away was made with only 19 million whereas Princess and the Frog cost 105 million to make. In television they have moved away from quality animation to poor animation that relies on the script while not necessarily bad, good traditional hand drawn animation as a medium is on life support. It's just too expensive to make good animation.
>>
>>3134557
Or just purge the jews.
>>
>>3134443
this is a show about the horror of puberty, it should look less like powerpuff girls and more like a john k fever dream
>>
fucking nuke us japan please
>>
after effects' character animations tools have made it really cheap to produce this style of flat, rigged characters. It really kills the animation of any show though, because the rigs tend to only allow for that flat look where it's more like a flat theater stage (see: rick and morty, modern simpsons, this abomination).

you could probably animate an episode of this in a couple of days with tools like these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57n1jLjzwc (motracking everything), which means this shit just isn't risky any more, so they can afford to go for "edgy" tween comedys like this.
>>
>>3134455
These are all critically panned but the people making the decisions don't care. They'd rather blame Rotten Tomatoes than admit that their stuff is just polished but low quality.

I've been in private meetings with execs before (and I even think I met one of the writers for this on a separate time). The reasoning is that audiences are too splintered to be able to make good pieces with mass appeal, so it's better to go after low risk low reward projects trying to tap into various individual niches. I feel like people are a lot more willing to exchange demographic status for broad quality than they realize.
>>
>>3134443
I like how you specific western as if anime hasn't become a punch of otaku-pandering fanservice garbage.
>>
>>3136828

I'd rather it be otaku-pandering garbage than fall into the hands of ashkenazi influence
>>
Western animation dug it own grave to second it resign it self to comedy, the lowest form of art out there.

Really we should say western animation, I seen many great European films.
>>
File: dwhq.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dwhq.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>3136817
Ah yes, low risks. Nobody wants to be experimental anymore, not even Pixar, what once use to be a powerhouse of risks and creativity ,is too comfortable making Car movie sequels because of its successful toy merchandising; Dreamworks is probably the worst at this though when anything remotely successful is produced from their studio.

This is understandable from any marketing point of view, but everyone else is following this example and it's killing the animation industry.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.