[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>twf you spend hours doing lineart only to find the sketch

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1493844310700.jpg (288KB, 710x855px) Image search: [Google]
1493844310700.jpg
288KB, 710x855px
>twf you spend hours doing lineart only to find the sketch was more vivid, fluid and better in every way.

How do you keep from constantly changing forms when its time to clean up? You know what I am talking about, that last second "fix" that turns into hours of going around in circles trying to improve a figure only to end up with the initial sketch looking superior.

This happens every time and its becoming quite a bad habit, does anyone else do this?
>>
By understanding what lines made it look like that and why. If you don't even know why it looks like that, you're just accidentally creating the effect.
>>
>>3134367
So what you're saying is there is no contour line per se, you have to "create" contour by feeling it :^)
>>
>>3134362
Draw with one layer. Basically, don't lineart the sketch on a diffferent layer, just refine it.
>>
>>3134378
Thank you
>>
>>3134362

I can assure this is something that happens to professionals aswell. It will be less frequent the more skilled you become, but it can happen to anyone.
>>
What I do is I make correction with white brush marks on second layer until the line is more refined. Sort of painterly, kinda. Then if I feel like it go over it with a crisper brush.
>>
>>3134362
Do you keep a close eye on composition too? Does that tend to hold up otherwise?
>>
>>3134378
Could you go more in depth with this.
>>
>>3134552
>Could you go more in depth with this.
Yeah do a real drawing not digital shit
>>
>>3134553
I do both.
I still don't quite understand, my traditional drawing I usually sketch and do the final lines ona different page.
>>
>>3134362
i have exactly the same problem op
i do my sketch with the same brush i use for the final lineart. then i lower the opacity of it so i can draw on top in a new layer, or a bunch of new layers. if i find the sketch is better, i erase that part of the finished linework and let that part of the sketch show. it's basically the same as >>3134378 but less scary since you're not erasing anything. i care a lot more about gesture than line quality though
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.