[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Tablets or Monitors

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: index.jpg (6KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 300x200px
What are some good drawing tablets or monitors? My budget is about $700.

I'm considering getting the XP-Pen Artist 22-inch. I tried getting a Monoprice 22-inch display, but it arrived broken and now they're out of stock.

Sorry if this belongs elsewhere.
>>
For that budget you can get a Cintiq
>>
File: 1500375403324.gif (432KB, 300x580px) Image search: [Google]
1500375403324.gif
432KB, 300x580px
>>3134151
I see that there's Wacom 13HD's for about 710 used. That's about as much as I'm willing to spend. 799 sounds a lil bit too much.

But I don't really trust used stuff right now. Should I buckle up and get over that?
>>
Not op but wanted to ask. What's a good first tablet to learn digital?
>>
>>3134105
Did it really arrive broken? I was thinking of getting one too, at least an ugee, but with it arriving broken now puts me in disbelief
>>
>>3134439
Anything Wacom is good, even if you can find a used bamboo, it's still good. Prices are also cheap unless you're buying new models, but prices are there for a reason and it's to guarantee they work.
>>
I got a Huion GT-220. Don't get one. They're utter shite: terrible screen quality, terrible pen recognition, nonexistent pressure sensitivity.
>>
>>3135667
Yeah, I ordered a refurbished one directly from monoprice and it arrived with no packaging whatsoever. It was completely shattered.
>>
File: donut-lad.png (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
donut-lad.png
46KB, 300x300px
>>3135698
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about getting a Huion. At this point, I think I'm just going to shell out the extra money for a Wacom 13 inch.

Anyone got an opinion on that? The 3-in-1 plug seems like it could have the potential to be a little troublesome.

>>3134439
I agree with >>3135671 on bamboo tablets. That's what I've been using so far, I just thought it was time for an upgrade.
>>
>>3135754
don't have any problem with the 3 in 1 plug, but I do have a problem with the no longer existant touch strip.
In older versions it was possible to steplessly increase brushsizes, zoom, etc., by using the built in touch-strip on a wacom tablet. Those strips however were discontinued for some stupid reason, so now if you want to do anything seamlessly, you gotta buy the wacom remote, which is another 80$ or so down the drain.

Kinda annoyed about that.

Also, if you use a screen protection (which you should), your pen nibs are gonna wear off crazy fast.

Would probably still recommend the cintiq 13 though.
>>
I got the Ugee HK1560, the pen pressure sensitivity is accurate but the colors are pretty off and no matter how much i play with the settings it will always be inaccurate. I'm thinking about just getting a wacom.
>>
>>3135763
When I made this thread, I was trying to figure out if any of the Wacom alternatives were worthwhile, but it seems like Wacom is really the only way to go.
>>
>>3134233
Dawg my well treated intuous 4 from a decade ago is still kicking strong. I think a used wacom product from a reputable seller is deffo an option. Just make sure the seller you buy it from has some sort of return or repair policy.
>>
File: 1487530303259.jpg (80KB, 1300x971px) Image search: [Google]
1487530303259.jpg
80KB, 1300x971px
So how do tablets like the Money Furnace Pro shape up for digital art?
>>
>>3135808
they suck, get a wacom
>>
File: Ckh-IMQVAAA98wy.jpg (129KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ckh-IMQVAAA98wy.jpg
129KB, 1000x1000px
>>3135760
It looks like the old model is still available, and that's what I've been looking at. A bit cheaper, and if there's not too much of a difference in performance, I'll just get that.
>>
Is there a good alternative to wacom for beginners or should i just get a Intuos small? i dont want to spend more than 100
>>
>>3135925
Intous small is good enough
>>
>>3135926
Is there noticeable difference between small and medium?
>>
>>3135934
In what? The art? No.
>>
File: h420 BLAZE IT FAGGOT.jpg (90KB, 672x361px) Image search: [Google]
h420 BLAZE IT FAGGOT.jpg
90KB, 672x361px
>>3135934
No, in fact all the real pros use really small signature tablets. You should save a couple bucks and get this instead of whatever the fuck you were thinking of getting because the size doesn't matter at all just like that other fucking idiot says.

http://www.huion.com/pen-tablets/h420/
>>
>>3135943
Nice meme
>>
huion has been giving a lot of artists on youtube the kamvas GT 191 screen tablet to review. ngl, it looks good. thoughts?
>>
>>3135943
Are you trying to kill beginner's hands?
>>
>>3134105

don't get any of these cheap bosto/ugee/artisul/parblo company tablets, if you want a cheap tablet then i recommend the newest models from Huion and XP-Pen, i did a lot of research on those in the last 2 months and found out that the Huion GT-191 and Huion GT-221 Pro are really good, the same goes for the XP-Pen Artist 16 and XP-Pen Artist 22E (there is also the XP-Pen Artist 13 that came out literally 2 days ago but there are no reviews yet so i would wait for some reviews to see if it's as good as the 16 and the 22E). oh yeah i personally bought the xp-pen artist 16 cause the price was just right and have been using it for a month now and have no issues as i expected from watching all those reviews.
>>
>>3136465
i'm planning to get it. seems like the best and cheapest alternative to a cintiq
>>
File: CuQsC7bVIAAWbLl.jpg (109KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CuQsC7bVIAAWbLl.jpg
109KB, 800x800px
>>3136465
>>3136619
I thought about getting it until >>3135698
kind of scared me away.
>>
>>3136656
that's cause the gt 220 is over 3 years old and is using shitty hardware, they stepped it up in the newest models from this year as i said in this post >>3136605

the gt 191 and 221 are good, 2017 must have been the breakthrough for good cintiq alternatives
>>
I have a wacom bamboo create.

Is something like this better?

https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-digital-graphic-drawing-PTH660/dp/B01MQU5LW7/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1505412203&sr=1-5&keywords=wacom+intuos
>>
>>3136700
i'm pretty much sold on the GT 191, but i'd feel better if artists i actually admired could confidently recommend it, and not just randos on youtube. do you know any big name artists who use this tablet/brand?
>>
>>3137678
no pro will ever use anything other than wacom cause wacom is known to be the best and if you are a pro working at disney or blizzard or whatever big company then you will get the best of the best.

if you are a pro already or literally on the verge of being a pro (like you already applied a ton on different big companies) then get a wacom cintiq, if you are not and it will take you longer than a year to reach it then just get a huion and make money with it then get a wacom.

there is a youtuber who sold their cintiq 13inch after thy got sent a huion gt 191 (h.c. brown).

there is also this girl who has a cintiq 24hd or 27hd and a shitty yiynova drawing tablet and she says it's not really a lot of difference for her cartoon art https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYSd6mU5yNQ&t=1024s

tl;dr just get one of the four 2017 tablets i recommended above unless you are a pro but then again you would have the money to shit out 3k $ for a cintiq then.
>>
The Huion Kamvas GT 221 is the closest alternative tablet to a Cintiq.
>>
>>3137678
pretty much this >>3138046 Huion is the cheap second-best alternative to Wacom. So no "big name artists" who have the money and priority for the best tools are going to settle for it. As far as I'm concerned I'm not a pro yet, so I'm going to use the GT 191 as a stepping stone from normal tablets to eventually get a cintiq.
>>
>>3134105
>Buy a Wacom because all the pros use Wacom, so you can be a pro too if you buy Wacom

Is size a factor OP? Artisul tablets are very high-quality and the only I know that are made in Taiwan and not China. Straight from UC-Logic, which other brands pay to use their technology. The XP-Pen 22e I heard is a good choice for a 22 inch. Huion's are decent, but all I have experienced is one of their tablets.

The only benefit you'll get with Wacom tablets is slightly more functions like tilt-support and better drivers.
>>
>>3138046
>>3138085
thanks for the input. yeah, i'm still just a hobbyist so i can't justify spending that much on a cintiq. i think the huion gt 191 will do the job just fine though, so i'll probably get it. the lack of express keys is actually a plus for me since i use a numberpad for shortcuts.

"there's no excuse for this technology to be so expensive" i'm really waiting for the day when screen tablets don't cost an arm and a leg. glad to see huion stepping up their game, and i hope prominent artists would endorse cheaper brands more cause that seems like the only way to scare wacom into lowering their prices.
>>
Why did wacom remove the LED display buttons from more recent iterations of Intuos tablets that were in the Intuos 4?
>>
I got an artisul d13 for like $450 with the stand included. I have one issue with it though, there are a couple small pieces of dust under the screen. It doesn't affect performance though, just irritating when I notice them. Other than that it's a great tablet, I got it because I'm going to be learning 3d modeling, and because I wanted to draw muh animus. Pressure sensitivity is great and the pen doesn't need batteries, which was the main reason I chose it over other wacom alternatives.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.