[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEY how's my painting coming along. It smells nice.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2822.jpg (1000KB, 2446x1867px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2822.jpg
1000KB, 2446x1867px
HEY how's my painting coming along. It smells nice.
>>
>>3133559
What's the focus of this painting? Only the clouds are too bold and distracting from the landscape. My advice is too soften them, gray the blue slightly and work on more detail in the trees.
>>
>>3133590
Thanks. Well it's oil paint so it should fade a bit greyer right?
>>
>>3133590
The focus is the foretrees
>>
>>3133600
True. But you'll notice when you look at the sky it gets bluer towards the vault. Make that the bluest part and gray out towards the horizon.
>>
>>3133559
How much detail can you get in the road? That is something to plan for. It's a pain to paint every rock or pebble -- it may be easier to add a figure or vehicle.

Do you ever find yourself having to scrape down the impasto layer? It seems to have been applied prematurely.

Are you "drawing" mainly with a round or flat brush? Will you tone down the RBGY quality? How many varieties of green have you mixed?
>>
>>3133600
You could mix a transparent grey in oils to cover that Royal blue sky.

In >>3133590
You wouldn't get the sage grey colour automatically, you'd have to plan for it. A Viridian or Veronese won't become an Ivy, Pear, or Lime overnight. Yours looks on track for something interesting however, very good work!
>>
>>3133609
This is like my third oil painting but no haven't had to scrape. Just let it sit for like a week
>>
>>3133614
Thanks but it think it's too late now. I sort of like the neon blue
>>3133609
I'm not great at figure painting yet. The path is pretty much dirt so I guess I'll just texture it
>>3133606
Thanks
>>
File: vladimirka-by-isaac-levitan-1892.jpg (237KB, 1412x902px) Image search: [Google]
vladimirka-by-isaac-levitan-1892.jpg
237KB, 1412x902px
>>3133601
Ok, the problem there is that you have the road/track which draws the eye out of the picture. Generally any such feature in a landscape painting automatically becomes the focus. Study at the works of a genius like Isaac Levitan and his compositions using roads. Maybe in this painting the track should become the focus and you should add more detail there. Good start though.
>>
File: road-by-Isaac-Levitan-101.jpg (81KB, 502x800px) Image search: [Google]
road-by-Isaac-Levitan-101.jpg
81KB, 502x800px
>>
>>3133559
Figure where the light is coming from and stick with that notion.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.