[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last Artist Standing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 62

File: draw every day.png (231KB, 661x900px) Image search: [Google]
draw every day.png
231KB, 661x900px
Grand Prize
>You drew everyday for a long time, longer than anyone else. Congratulations. You are the best.

Rules
>Update every day at: http://www.lavaflake.com/draw/
>The deadline for submissions is 00:00 GMT each day
>You should spend at least 30 minutes on each update
>Miss a day and you can make up for it the next day with a double post.
>Miss another day within a month and you're eliminated.
>Progress updates are ok but they will be policed like other submissions

Entry into the first challenge is open until Saturday at 00:00 GMT. People who join after then will be entered into the less awesome Last Artist Standing #2.Grand Prize
>You drew everyday for a long time, longer than anyone else. Congratulations. You are the best.

Rules
>Update every day at: http://www.lavaflake.com/draw/
>The deadline for submissions is 00:00 GMT each day
>You should spend at least 30 minutes on each update
>Miss a day and you can make up for it the next day with a double post.
>Miss another day within a month and you're eliminated.
>Progress updates are ok but they will be policed like other submissions

Entry into the first challenge is open until Saturday at 00:00 GMT. People who join after then will be entered into the less awesome Last Artist Standing #2.
>>
we furries now
>>
>posting your furshit
Faaaaaaaaaaaag.
>>
So girls post tits for reference.
>>
>>2351208

dude its not even the furry part i'm upset about
i can hardly draw a fucking person let alone a convincing anthropomorphic animal
>>
do we want an irc/skype/da group or would that just encourage circlejerking, pity fishing and/or memeing along the lines of what just happened in the last 10 minutes of the previous thread
>>
Funny enough I came across a "how to draw furry characters" book not long ago on that vk book page.

I guess it'll be handy if it all comes down to this.
>>
First for Anon313 is a god
>>
Can i be a spoopy /x/ reptilian instead?
>>
>>2351230
These /ic/ threads are perfect in my opinion. No need for those.
>>
>>2351230
the last 10 minutes of the previous thread tell me a website like lavaflakes could be just as big a site as /ic/ if it had chat features.
>>
>>2351226
Aren't you doing this challenge to improve? Part of that is going outside your comfort zone, faggot.

>>2351230
Nope, I like keeping the offsite communication anonymous. It's more comfortable for everyone this way. Those sorts of groups always generate stupid drama.
>>
>>2351235

honestly speaking i've never been in an /ic/ thread where I've had as much fun as I've had productivity

this is a good place
>>
>>2351238
>Those sorts of groups always generate stupid drama.
this
let's all stay anon
no need for people to put their ego on the table
>>
>>2351234
Only if you truly believe
Check your mantras, bluepill fag
>>
>>2351239
Who /comfy/ here?
I just like to draw and then watch others post. It feels good not to be alone.
>>
>>2351238

I mean, yeah, there's going outside your comfort zone, but tackling concepts beyond your reach to excessive extents is counterproductive to learning, I've heard.

It's sort of like, if you don't understand perspective, don't fucking jump to attempting to draw a city as seen from the top of a skyscraper.
>>
What are you doing when you not drawing?
>>
well, what about an anonymous chat? that's easy enough to do
>>
>>2351245
I should really drill through all fundamentals before I attempt creating anything cool :/
>>
>>2351248
that works too. no usernames
>>
>>2351248
No offense but what's wrong with these threads? I'm grateful for all for your efforts and all the stuff you've done for the website but I think at some point it'd be time to slow down with the features. Adding a chat would only divide people from those that only enjoy posting on /ic/.

Just my opinion of course not speaking for everyone.
>>
>>2351252

There's an incredible pain in knowing what you want to do, and how far you are from actually being able to achieve that.

But fuck that if I'm gonna let that stop me. I'll bear that pain and get shit done.
>>
>>2351255
bruh. fuck /ic/
>>
>>2351255
yeah i agree there's already weeks of work in the to-do list. no need to add anything that would only fragment the community at this point.

if there ever is a chat itd be anonymous and only be available for active participants
>>
>>2351245
That makes sense, but I assume you're already studying humans. And you have a basic idea of what commonplace animals like dogs look like. So it's not really foreign, you're just mixing two things that you're already at least vaguely familiar with.

>>2351244
It's nice, I feel good about myself for getting studies done and then I can come hang out here for a bit. It's been a good time so far.

>>2351247
Posting here, apparently.

>>2351248
The idea sounds fun, but I also think it'd be best not to divide the community. Having threads here is good because it gets more attention from the outside, and thus more new users. If we move our discussions to the website, then the userbase will gradually dwindle with less people coming in. If we have both, we'll probably gravitate toward using one. If the rest of /ic/ gets pissed off at us for becoming too much like a cancerous general it would be a good backup, but we already have other consistent threads here and they're not a problem.
>>
>>2351247
Guitar drills
>>
File: get a room.png (428KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
get a room.png
428KB, 600x435px
>>2351259
>>2351262
>>
File: 2015-4-13 30 min life drawing.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
2015-4-13 30 min life drawing.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>2351262

Well I mean, pic related is my "understanding" of human life drawing at the present moment. There's no real understanding of construction, just a weak attempt at capturing patches of value and main contours of the subject.

I asked a few questions on /ic/, and they recommended that I return to the basics: strengthening line confidence, seeing basic shapes and Keys to Drawing exercises, which I am currently engaged in doing.
>>
You know there's already a nice /ic/ irc channel that people are welcome to join over on rizon
>>
>>2351263
The more shitposting there is in these threads, the less there'll be on the draw site.
>>
op here. wanna hear an amazing news? i'll willing to bet $50 you never been told this before
>>
>>2351274
>wanna hear an amazing news?
Well don't leave us in suspense.
>>
>>2351275
"I love you."
>>
>>2351214
I'm a little confused.
I've been thinking of joining this but since I'm late, do I start now or have to wait until week 2 starts? And if I wait until week 2 starts do I still do week 1's challenge prompt?
>>
>>2351277
entry into the first challenge is any time this week so if you enter before 00:00 GMT youre in
>>
>>2351276
I should have taken the bet, damn.
>>
>>2351276
savage
>>
>>2351276
my mommy loves me very much, nice try.
>>
>>2351270
Yeah, you definitely need to work on "solidifying." It looks nice at first glance, probably the values and overall flow, but the anatomy needs a lot of work. The leg area in particular is very wrong. I admit that I haven't read Keys to Drawing yet, so I don't know what it teaches, but I think you should focus on anatomy and proportions.
>>
>>2351282
your mommy loves me too
>>
File: bruh.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>2351282
a-anon...
>>
File: chip.jpg (14KB, 325x250px) Image search: [Google]
chip.jpg
14KB, 325x250px
>>2351284
she's a very generous person
>>
>>2351279
So all I have to do is draw a fursona by saturday and I get credit for the week?
>>
>>2351283

Yup, I absolutely don't deny it. That's almost verbatim the problems I had with it and /ic/ had with it.

The proportioning issue comes up a lot, and that's something that I intend to practice more in the future. I think I need to be more patient with measuring.

But now, I guess you can see where I'm coming from with the whole: "I'd love to do the challenges, but I've got to discipline myself to not jump into something fun before I've understood the underlying concepts."
>>
alright looks like being able to generate thumbnails if your submission is a direct link to an image is possible. it'll take me a couple hours to get it working and tested but by tomorrow thumbnails should be optional for direct links.

it'll take a while longer for links to tumblr/deviantart/imgur(links to the sites instead of the image files directly.) if there are any regex masters on /ic/ send me an email
>>
File: Alright dudes.png (900KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Alright dudes.png
900KB, 1024x768px
I'm going to sleep.
I love you all.
>>
>>2351290
I saw someone mention starting a booru to host the images for this, did that happen?
>>
>>2351291
night
>>
File: I'm_in_love.gif (3MB, 412x304px) Image search: [Google]
I'm_in_love.gif
3MB, 412x304px
>>2351286
Yes she is.
>>
>>2351290
I brought this up about two threads ago, but why don't we use a booru for this project?
http://booru.org/
>>
I can't login. Says my password is incorrect. Going to need to make a new account. Starting fresh again!
>>
>>2351299
Huh, that's actually a pretty good idea. If all of the images are on one site, it should be possible to actually embed them into the page. I kind of like our current system of opening each image in a new tab, though. Clicking on thumbnails is easier than scrolling through many full-size images.

>>2351291
<3

>>2351305
You might be able to talk to Lava about that, the site was just down briefly because of an error with elimination and something might have been messed up.
>>
File: ouch.png (41KB, 375x327px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.png
41KB, 375x327px
>>2351276
>>
booru has the same restrictions as any other image host though. there's no difference in saying everyone has to use booru than there is saying everyone has to use imgur. the upside to the current system is that anyone can post anonymously or link directly to their blog

requiring everyone to use one service would make my life easier but itd make the service shittier for everyone else
>>
>>2351308
The booru can just be a dump to upload and post links to the site from, it wouldn't replace the site.
>>
>>2351308
>If all of the images are on one site, it should be possible to actually embed them into the page

booru disabled hotlinked images and will blacklist repeat offenders, same as everywhere else
>>
File: january-13-2016.jpg (409KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
january-13-2016.jpg
409KB, 750x1000px
i finally feel like there's a thread i can take part in where everyone doesn't hate me. thank you lavaflake
>>
>>2351315
but you can do that now if you want to. you can use any site. there's no advantage to saying use just one except for making my life a little easier but that's nbd
>>
File: sadness overcomes.png (390KB, 464x348px) Image search: [Google]
sadness overcomes.png
390KB, 464x348px
>>2351316
god damnit
>>
>>2351313
>>2351323
I don't see why it has to be mandatory to use the booru, I just personally would like if there was one specifically associated with this so I could keep track of my images and have an easy place to browse through others.
>>
File: 1432758720080.gif (44KB, 252x363px) Image search: [Google]
1432758720080.gif
44KB, 252x363px
>>2351313
>requiring everyone to use one service would make my life easier but itd make the service shittier for everyone else
You're so honorable, Lava.
>>
>>2351308
I don't mind starting all over. This is a fun project.
>>
>>2351316
Oh, well that ruins it. imgur it is then. I guess I'll just make an album. disregard>>2351327
>>
>>2351330
you sure? email me lava at lavaflake.com and we can at least get you the name back if you can prove you're you
>>
I have some more questions about this week's challenge.
I already designed a fursona for myself a while back but I made it really cartoony. Is there some style restriction on this? Does it need a minimum of detail or rendering? Do I have to design a new one?
>>
>>2351336
I'll send you an email right now, then. Don't worry, I doubt anyone will wanna steal my identity, I'm still a beginner but I'd like to participate.
>>
>>2351339
no style restriction you can post whatever you work although you'll need to be drawing everyday to stay in so last week's work wont help you tomorrow
>>
>>2351339
There's no restriction on anything but that it has to be your own art and you need to have spent at least 30 minutes on it. That's not this week's challenge though, it was just a joke. I honestly hope it'll be a future challenge though, it sounds fun. Also, if you do submit a picture of your fursona, it needs to be a new drawing. You don't have to redesign it but you can't submit a reference you already made a while back.
>>
File: meetup.jpg (184KB, 933x700px) Image search: [Google]
meetup.jpg
184KB, 933x700px
fucking lolicon with that brony meetup reference haha

>https://56.media.tumblr.com/d54c519369b0c6e47e4fa9aab0974941/tumblr_o0yz7mvHer1ss32vyo1_1280.jpg
>>
>>2351239
Same here. One week drawing! \o\
Thanks Lava!
>>
>>2351329
>not using honorific 'Lava-sama'
>>
>>2351345
>>2351347
Right, I wasn't going to submit my previous drawings of it, but that's why I wanted to make sure I knew what needed to go into a new drawing of it. In any case, what is this week's actual prompt then? I haven't looked at the site yet, I'm gonna go check it out right now.
>>
>>2351350
I didn't realize they were all from the same image, kek. What a great scene.
>>
>>2351350

> This Week's Challenge: Draw very uncomfortable subject matter.

In all seriousness though, it's very cleanly rendered. Admirable. Gotta step my game up.
>>
>>2351354
There isn't a specific prompt this week. Probably since the main focus has been on fine-tuning the site, it's just draw-whatever-you-want right now. And I'm pretty sure that even when we have specific challenges, they'll be optional, more of a suggestion.

But I assume now that it's nearly week two, we'll need a challenge. Any ideas before we jump straight to furfaggotry? I think we should start with fundamentals, like a week studying anatomy, a week practicing perspective, etc.
>>
Is it a tumblr party?
>>
>>2351357
Oh, okay. I think a study piece is always a pretty good go to for a challenge, especially f it's optional anyway. It's a self explanatory prompt, not much thought needed. Could even take whatever study image is up on the beginner thread, kill two birds with one stone.
>>
File: ballpit2.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ballpit2.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
>>2351358
>>
File: tumblr_nkoeakateV1rcs9gvo5_1280.jpg (505KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkoeakateV1rcs9gvo5_1280.jpg
505KB, 1200x900px
>>2351214
>Katia on the front page
Nice
>>
>>2351364
Rather than (or in addition to) providing an image, we could also encourage finding your own reference. For example if the week's theme was something like poses or gestures, you could find an image that depicts an interesting pose and draw it, or come up with them from your imagination. Knowing how to find references is somewhat important, I think. I like the idea of keeping it loose, like having the challenge be to practice lighting and values and you can use either a reference or do it from imagination, and if using a reference we can post some in the thread or you can find it elsewhere.
>>
>27 eliminations
>there are 27 people who can't draw for 6 days in a row
>>
>>2351371
I bet a lot of them just made an account and forgot about it.
>>
>>2351371
Where did you find eliminations?
>>
>>2351374
if you exclude people who created multiple accounts 430 people have signed up in the last 6 days. 167 have submitted, 27 have been eliminated. 140 stand strong
>>
>>2351381
>people who created multiple accounts
For what purpose

Also when you upload to imgur, which link do you use to link to the site, the direct link? The forum link?
>>
If you keep up with this for at least a year, you will have drawn for at least 10950 minutes, or 182,5 hours. That's only going by the minimum period (30 minutes), which I'm sure most of us are going over.
>>
>>2351383
you can link to either
imgur.com/abcdefg
or
i.imgur.com/abcdefg.png

i'm currently working on a way to make it so that if you submit a direct link to an image file (the second example) then you won't need to attach a thumbnail
>>
>>2351386
Oh, right now we need to upload a thumbnail as well? Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice before, and thanks for the link info.
>>
So...do we do critiques on these?
>>
How do you even draw furry art?
>>
>>2351405
Maybe there should be a "crit wanted" checkbox like there is for NSFW?
>>
>>2351409
>Draw human
>Put an animal head on it instead of a human head
>Extend tailbone into a full tail
>Make legs more beastlike
>Cover body in fur/scales/feathers/etc
>>
>>2351410
for now we've been sending people to the appropriate /ic/threads since the site doesn't have a way yet
>>
>>2351409

Fully understand anatomy of both humans and animals and use construction to compromise the two into a highly convincing anthropomorphic creature.

Or, just pull out photoshop or flash, draw some shitty cartoon animals fucking in increasingly disturbing ways and make a lot of money.
>>
>>2351412
That actually answered my question.
Thanks, I'll attempt it.
>>
>>2351414
Currently learning the depths of human anatomy via proko and hampton. But animals, I don't much about. However, I use animals to break down their structure into shapes. You need to know a little about their anatomy to find those "specific" shapes.
>>
>>2351417

The most important features are the head, hands/paws/talons/whatever, and the feet/paws/talons/whatever as well as capturing the texture and values of the scales or fur. These aren't exactly trivial the range of animals is fucking huge. It merits some study or at the very least proper reference.
>>
>>2351410
I thought they would all be open for general critique. I definitely would like feedback on mine, but I guess it's not crucial. I've already been thinking I'll have to redraw it if I want to make it into something.
>>
File: DzCogyM.jpg (168KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
DzCogyM.jpg
168KB, 716x960px
Let's all study this.
>>
>>2351424
>>
>>2351424

> that thumbnail

This is actually a very good challenge. Can you render this well enough to avoid making the man's head and shoulder look like a butt?
>>
>>2351417
Something important for animal anatomy is that the basic skeletal structure is analogous to that of a human's, the proportions are the biggest difference. At least for mammals and birds, it's more complicated with reptiles and amphibians which have different hip structure, and fish which are so different that you can't really apply human anatomy at all. And of course invertebrates are a whole other animal (heh). Definitely look at the skeleton for reference until you're familiar with the animal's body and movement. Videos are helpful as well.

I'm kind of glad I've been drawing animals since I started drawing, the idea of starting without much experience with them is extremely daunting.
>>
>>2351424
MODS
>>
File: 1846484.jpg (1MB, 2388x2064px) Image search: [Google]
1846484.jpg
1MB, 2388x2064px
>>2351424
>>2351430
>>2351431
>>2351433
>>
>>2351431
Oh, I couldn't even tell it was a head/shoulder. I was all confused about where the rest of the leg went. I concluded that he was an amputee and the nose was a thigh nub.
>>
>>2351437

I audibly laughed.
>>
>>2351437
no goddamn it. NO
>>
>>2351424

DRAW WHAT YOU SEE NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BABY
>>
File: 1445582687168.gif (674KB, 414x317px) Image search: [Google]
1445582687168.gif
674KB, 414x317px
>>2351437
>>
File: 1452738172464.gif (875KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1452738172464.gif
875KB, 250x231px
>>2351437
>>
File: 1411375759521.gif (2MB, 246x437px) Image search: [Google]
1411375759521.gif
2MB, 246x437px
>>2351437
>>
File: 1424924311061.gif (954KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1424924311061.gif
954KB, 320x240px
>>2351437
>>
>>2351437

Fucking madman
>>
File: 1327190495996.gif (2MB, 320x244px) Image search: [Google]
1327190495996.gif
2MB, 320x244px
>>2351437
>>
>>2351431
thank you, i couldn't make out what it was.
>>
>>2351431
i think the real challenge would be replicating the illusion convincingly
>>
Glad to know I've come to the right place for intense focus and study.
>>
File: hehehehhe.gif (868KB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
hehehehhe.gif
868KB, 400x215px
>>2351483
Maybe when critiques on the sites are allowed? Haha who am I kidding, the shitposts will be even worse.
>tfw
>>
>>2351485
pls no critiques.
critiques haram.

ppl just want to input their opinions, but TOO BAD ART ONLY GTFO
>>
File: Needs Loomis.jpg (1MB, 1200x2106px) Image search: [Google]
Needs Loomis.jpg
1MB, 1200x2106px
>>2351437
This is important
>>
>>2351492
Thank you Loomis.
>>
>>2351437
is no one going to mention the shirt
>>
File: shit.jpg (59KB, 317x268px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
59KB, 317x268px
>>2351437
>>
I'm trying to submit, but I keep getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. Is this a known issue? Thanks Lava! You are awesome.
>>
>>2351540
hmm you should be able to, i just tried and it went through fine. what's your username and what's the link youre submitting?
>>
>>2351433
You need a new set of eyes anon.
>>
>>2351544
Hmm, I was able to submit, but that was after reducing the size of the thumbnail image. It was over the 4mb limit, which I knew about from a previous submission. But this time it didn't warn me about the size limit. I'm not sure if that's the problem, but it worked after I made it smaller.

If it's still useful to you, I'm yotsuyu.
>>
File: done.webm (81KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
done.webm
81KB, 480x270px
if you link directly to an image file it will auto-generate the thumbnail for you. it took a lot longer than i had planned but now i've got it setup so it's super easy to add the rest of the plan (being able to generate a thumbnail for any imgur/deviantart/tumblr link.)

sorry it took so long, it was a nightmare to get it implemented properly and tested for all the different account states
>>
>>2351576
I really hope you get or have at least gotten paid for web design.
>>
>>2351576
thank you, your work is appreciated, and hey many people have been drawing daily thanks to you.
>>
>>2351576

make a paypal
i wanna give you dat cash
>>
>>2351437
You are my art hero.
>>
>>2351581
i'll add a support button somewhere on the site when it's feature complete. anons are already paranoid that this is some kind of for profit jpeg harvester so I don't want to scare them off by making them think im in it for a quick buck
>>
>>2351588

what the fuck is a jpeg harvester
>>
>>2351576
You'r a god among men
>>
The website is coming along great.
Don't forget to draw though lava.
I wonder if Jesse its posting to it...
>>
>>2351589
i don't even know something about stealing the submitted art to sell prints or something?
>>
>>2351594

hahaha thats a laugh
if you managed to sell any of my neanderthal scrawlings i would commend you for your cunning and probably ruthless marketing ability
>>
>>2351596
there are some decent drawings, but like 98% are complete beginners.
>>
Quick question... let's say I'm a near-absolute beginner that's progressing steadily through exercises in a book like Keys to Drawing or Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. Between these exercises, what sort of practice should I supplement this with? Should I just draw still life stuff? Life drawing? Gestures?
>>
>>2351598

> 98%

WHAT? I thought about half of them were competently done.
Jesus Christ, if 98% of the people in this group are considered beginners I have a long ass way to go.
>>
>>2351599
Learning values is important
If you are doing traditional, practice your strokes with the pencil and do some form and shading studies
>>
>>2351599
gesture is pretty important, even if you have little knowledge about anatomy you should favor gesture, learn about balance and distribution of weight, and basic perspective.
>>
File: why didnt you listen.jpg (132KB, 1018x911px) Image search: [Google]
why didnt you listen.jpg
132KB, 1018x911px
>check jmgn's upload
>urge to genocide furries
looks good
>>
>>2351603

My plan is to get into digital asap, but I've been told, repeatedly, by /ic/ to master traditional before even attempting digital. Is that correct?

At any rate, I will practice strokes and do some form and shading studies. Apologies for asking to be spoonfed, but I'm not sure what a form study implies beyond "look at an object, and draw it, maybe break it into more manageable shapes".

>>2351604

Gesture is something I've always wanted to do well. I guess I'll try again with it.
>>
>>2351437
KEK
>>
>>2351602
well yeah maybe you're right, maybe not 98% but if they're not beginners then what are they? I'm sure as hell they don't qualify as intermediate/pro.
>>
>>2351606
traditional skill shouldn't be neglected in my opinion, there is also a 3-6 month period to get used to the tablet if you haven't used one before.
all in all I'd advise you to start traditionally and transfer those skills into the digital realm, which doesn't exclude doing both at a time
use traditional to really get the motions and gestures right and digital to finish your piece, that way you will see a good chunk of improvement in both fields
>>
>>2351613

> finishing pieces

Ok, I keep hearing varying things on this topic from everybody. Again, in beginner context.
One side says to do quick studies and fuck "completing" your pieces, the goal is to have a large quantity of practice work (without neglecting quality, you need to be paying attention to things). There's no point in polishing a turd, as they say.
The other side argues "you need to learn by doing". Keep making "completed pieces", apply concepts and learn from your mistakes. Keep making art, have people critique the art, then make more art.
So for someone at very slightly more than completely entry level, what is more suitable?
>>
>>2351612

Yeah, it's not really that these terms are well defined or universal or anything.
I kind of thought of it as sort of like:

> beginner (absolute beginner)
> amateur
> intermediate
> expert/semi-professional
> professional
> master

And I definitely wouldn't squirrel away 98% of people as an absolute beginner.
>>
>>2351616
definitely draw, and draw a lot, rinse and repeat structures and forms
don't worry about finishing during your studies
I'd recommend starting a few pieces and "finish" them to see where you lack skill and where to improve
build up neural networks and you will see your art improve and you will need less and less time for the same quality
>>
>>2351619
pretty much

>cant hold a pencil
>absolute beginner
>beginner
>amateur
>kinda knows what theyre doing
>rookie
>intermediate
>good
>pretty good
>PRETTY GOOD
>gave up on this post 2 words in
>bob ross
>master
>>
>>2351620

Thanks. Sorry for bombarding you, but I think this is the last few questions I have.

> start a few pieces and "finish them" to see where you lack skill and where to improve

Should these pieces be purely realistic drawings, or is it fine to deviate into more abstract/fictional work that uses foundational skills? Also, as for the transition between traditional and digital, what sort of recommendations do you have for studying color as far as books or exercises go (as I've been mostly working in pencil/charcoal)?
>>
>>2351624
It's more harming to start off with stylized drawings before you have the fundamentals down
you need to learn the rules to break them, as they say

as for color, color theory is a must know how, there is many books and videos online on that topic, try "A Guide for the realistic painter" by James Gurney, great book
of course doing digital color studies saves you a shit ton of money
>>
Okay so we post to the site to officially be in, but we post in the thread if we want crit, is that how this goes?
>>
>>2351629

> it's more harming to start off with stylized drawings before you have the fundamentals down

Got it. Keep the eagerness and ambition in check and do the gritty work first.
Thanks for your help. I've got a lot to work off of now.
>>
>>2351633
You post on the site to be in, and then go to to the other /ic/ generals and post if you want crit
>>
>>2351635
Then what do you guys do in these threads?
>>
>>2351634
no problem, don't be like the weebs who start with big ass anime eyes and never improve throughout their life because they never did the actual studies
avoid that and you can really only improve
>>
>>2351638
shitpost, decide the future of the site and troubleshoot
>>
>>2351640
Oh. Alright then.
>>
>>2351639

Oh no way, dude. That ain't me.
I have massive ambitions of creating a fantasy world through webcomics/animations but I know to keep that shit in check until I can do the ideas justice. Animation is a monstrous beast to tackle and your fundamentals have to be so ridiculously on point to properly use the medium.

Even when I was talking about abstract/stylized drawings I was thinking more along the lines of "what if i drew a hand made out of clouds as realistically as possible" or "what if i made an imaginary seascape with a lighthouse at the end". That's actually another odd point... the transition from realistic, from-life studies to imagination-based work seems difficult but straight forward enough (use references, intuitively understand form, light, value and perspective), but I don't understand the transition to stylized work.

But I think it's far too early for me to even think about that. I just hope I don't take too long to get there.
>>
>>2351642
stop making me feel bad for wanting to draw cute girls
>>
>>2351644

go ahead and draw cute girls anon nobody's stopping you just don't forget your studies in the interim
>>
>>2351642
Most artists experience style as something that happens along their journey
no need to worry about that just yet
make sure to keep notes of your ideas and even scribbles to help you remember them
also start carrying a pencil and sketchbook with you
make sure you look at things not only superficial but through them as well as around them, and if you see interesting forms or shapes, scribble them down and keep going
>>
>>2351647
dont worry
>starts learning so he can draw cute girls
>half a year later has never tried to draw a single cute girl

inspiration, end game and reward all in one
>>
>>2351623
>That feel when you don't know if you're an absolute beginner or you kinda know what you're doing
>>
>>2351651

Well, if you've got the sacks, you could always post your username and we could judge for you.
>>
>>2351652
SantiChasca.
Honest, please
>>
>>2351654
>>2351623

As a beginner, I'd probably say you're either a beginner or an amateur.
You're definitely at least slightly better than me, but that really doesn't say much.
>>
>>2351654
i need to make that search bar actually search
>>
>>2351654
>>2351656
Uh, beginner would be harsh. Those last sketches here http://santichasca.deviantart.com/gallery/57405831/A-drawing-a-day are rather nice imo.

Not him btw, just an anon.
>>
>>2351232

He is one of the best on here.
>>
>>2351654

u look like u just started drawing
>>
>>2351661

Oh, I think I clicked the wrong thing.
Yeah, you're definitely at least a kinda knows, but I wouldn't know shit past my rank.
>>
>>2351654
k i dont know what these guys are talking about
>>2351656
>>2351663
for someone to say that santichasca is a beginner means that they have no idea what a beginner looks like. a beginner is someone with pen, paper and FWAP in hand.

santi is somewhere above amateur and below intermediate id guess but way above beginner
>>
>>2351668
>above amateur and below intermediate
This. My personal definition of intermediate is being able to draw complex things from imagination or little reference, but not quite as refined or detailed as an advanced person would. Basically, someone who has a solid enough grip on fundamentals to invent without it looking too wonky. This person just needs a little more mileage and I think they'd be at that bar so I'd still put them closer to intermediate than beginner for sure.
>>
>>2351668
I would put them between rookie and kinda know what they're doing. A rookie has a certain base level of anatomical mastery, while a kinda know what they're doing would be still in the stages of "feeling out" Bridgman and other construction methods. Intermediate has solid foundations in gesture, value, color, anatomy, etc, and can comfortably work from imagination.

In my mind, the leap between rookie and intermediate symbolizes at least 2 years of diligent study. That might make this scale useless as a result.
>>
>>2351668

I clicked the wrong image somehow, and corrected myself.
>>2351665

> a beginner is someone with pen, paper, and FWAP in hand

Isn't that an absolute beginner according to that one scale?
>>
>>2351674
the non bob ross one yeah
>>
Junji, how are your lines so damn clean? Do you perfect them after your initial lines, or what?
>>
>>2351672

> being able to draw complex things from imagination or little reference

How would you be able to distinguish between someone who competently draws from life/reference and someone who created realistic scenes from imagination?
>>
>>2351674
Personally, I would say absolute beginners would include children, or people who have not realized that they even have the potential to learn to draw.

As a rough idea, absolute beginners have never even heard of a blind contour drawing, and beginners have attempted one. In my mind, and for many people, bc symbolizes their first step.
>>
>>2351680
Someone I would consider intermediate would be able to do both, and I mean they would have to be proficient at both for me to consider them intermediate. If they've only been drawing from imagination and haven't gotten good at drawing from life/ref, I would expect their drawings to be lacking in or have faulty detail information, and not very confident structure. If they've only been relying on ref and not doing enough imaginative study, I would expect them to have very stiff gesture and dead looking lines, among other things. Either camp, in my book, wouldn't be intermediate until they caught up on the one they were neglecting.
>>
>>2351686

Thank you, this has been enlightening.

Would it theoretically be possible for a beginner/amateur to make a very well-rendered as a complete fluke?
>>
>>2351687
No. Rendering well is not an accident.
>>
>>2351687
>Would it theoretically be possible for a beginner/amateur to make a very well-rendered as a complete fluke?

well do you believe in intelligent design or in evolution :^) ?
>>
>>2351689
>>2351691

I only ask because I remember seeing an absolute beginner create amazing gestures during one drawing session and being completely unable to recreate it.
I'm not sure of the right way to identify my own progress as legitimate or a fluke, or even how to perceive progress objectively.
>>
>>2351247
Studying for exams, playing bass, thinking about what i will draw next
>>
>>2351687
>>2351693
Based on my own progression I would say that it's not only possible but can be pretty frequent to have a fluke. Even now I still have flukes when I've been looking at some art I really like or am just feeling particularly energetic one day and then find myself totally unable to remember what my thought process was or what I did and can't reliably capture it again. It kind of sucks when that happens because you can't seem to do it again when you try, but I still consider it a good sign. That said, you should brush up on your terminology some, because gestures shouldn't be well-rendered. I know it's possible to refer to any sketch as "a rendering" but generally render is used to refer to something as polished, like with shading and texture and all that.
>>
File: 020.jpg (451KB, 748x591px) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
451KB, 748x591px
>>2351693
An amazing gesture is very far away from being what I would call "well-rendered" in my mind. Even still, an amazing gesture during a class is a very different beast from an amazing gesture of something that's in non-studio lighting and actually moving.

The only way I know to perceive progress objectively: "Did I do better today than I did yesterday?" If the answer is yes, then that is all that matters.
>>
>>2351703

> "Did I do better today than I did yesterday?"

But what defines better? I often find myself looking at peoples work and sometimes the things I thought were solid were written off as beginner and other things I thought weren't all that great were described as demonstrating a lot of solid technique. Or is this just something you get a better feel for the more you work?
>>
>>2351704
>is this just something you get a better feel for the more you work?
Short answer is yes. You'll probably hear "mileage" a lot, like I used before. The more you draw, especially from life or reference, the more you'll just be able to see things that are off. There isn't really a way to shortcut this unless you solely rely on reference for everything you draw because then you'll always have the answer sheet for direct comparison. Otherwise you just have to take time training your eye and your memory.
>>
>>2351704
opinions are like assholes. i can link you absolute garbage with comments from a dozen people telling them how they're great at x but need to work on y. in reality x is garbage and y is mega garbage but since x is the highlight people elevate it so they have something nice to say

you need to learn to be more critical of your own work. if you know what's wrong do you need to be asking other people? and if you don't know what's wrong then why not? figure that out
>>
>>2351709
>>2351706

Aight, thanks.
>>
>>2351704
Ideally through your artistic life, you'll have specific goals and be focusing on things that you're bad at. If you tackle what you're bad it, hopefully it'll give a little and you'll be better. If you have clear goals, it's pretty self-evident when things are "better."

I found that at first, it was very hard for me to see what I was bad at and what I was improving, but it is something that has gotten easier with time, yes. Again, clear goals.
>>
File: IMG_20160115_101300366.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160115_101300366.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
Can I submit this?
>>
>>2351652
Can you judge me too? I'm rad (OP pic).
>>
File: ic.png (324KB, 873x671px) Image search: [Google]
ic.png
324KB, 873x671px
>>2351492
not ic
>>
view without registration when?
>>
>>2351733

"draw" every day.
not "sculpt" every day.
>>
What's the consensus on wips? Does significant progress from day to day count? Or maybe doing characters one by one in a larger composition?

I don't wanna only draw and submit sketches for the next 100-200 days
>>
>>2351733

Given that we're all into drawing and digital painting and such, it's going to be hard for us to judge low effort on sculpture and ceramics.
>>
File: low effort.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
low effort.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>2351770
>/ic/ is literally shit
Preaching to the choir anon.
>>
>>2351770
dat poop control doe
>>
I didn't follow the previous threads that much, are we allowed to draw everything? studies, loomis, final paintings and such? also, is there a weekly theme, like "furshit only dis week"?
>>
>>2351784
Apparently you can draw anything as long as you spend 30+ minutes on it, and apparently there isn't an official end of the week challenge this week because things were just getting started up. As I understand it though the weekly challenge would only be one day's drawing, and would be optional anyway.
>>
File: IMG_20160115_122056484.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160115_122056484.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>2351774
>>2351772
I'm the new Shitelangelo
The Turdini of the 21st century
>>
>>2351785
Thanks, anon

Do you know if we can upload gifs or webms too? Animation exercises and shit?
>>
>>2351795
stop shitposting
>>
>>2351809
As far as I can tell, the only thing you can upload directly to the site is a thumbnail for the submission, and I don't know if that accepts anything other than jpg. The submission itself has to be hosted on imgur or photobucket or tumblr or somewhere and linked to the site. I'm pretty sure clicking the thumbnail just follows the link, so as long as the host site supports whatever you uploaded it should be viewable, but I can't say any of that for sure as I just joined today too. Well, yesterday technically.
>>
I don't know whether I should do more with my drawing for today or just leave it.
>>
>>2351828
Do it again
>>
>>2351829
I'm not drawing it again, I don't think that would be worthwhile, especially considering I haven't really finished drawing it the first time. It's not a study of anything, just a dumb doodle of an animu girl. If it were a study I'd consider drawing it again.
>>
>>2351492
LOL
>>
>>2351835
Why not make it study? Re-studying it can help you understand the design choices made from the artists.
>>
>>2351849
Wait, what? It's my own invention, and I haven't really done any significant design choices in it that I could revisit. It's at the stage now where I would probably go on to design things, right now it's pretty much just a nude figure. Unless I'm misunderstanding you?
>>
So all the imgur files get changed to .jpg even if you upload the .png?
>>
>>2351766
Anyone?
>>
>>2351867
Rules aren't complicated. Draw for 30 minutes a day, and submit results. Done.
>>
Can I draw smut?
>>
>>2351872
No.
>>
>>2351872
No
>>
>>2351872
Sure
>>
>>2351872
no
>>
>>2351872
Yes.
>>
File: 1446168033333.png (152KB, 1194x810px) Image search: [Google]
1446168033333.png
152KB, 1194x810px
>>2351872
>>
>>2351872
Just don't be one of those faggots who submits nothing but porn.
>>
>>2351937
Ain't wong wid dat
>>
>>2351944
fug of my boarf reee
>>
>>2351872
No, just jerk off. Then focus and draw something else.
>>
>>2351969
But [spoiler]I was never attracted to 2D, much less my own drawings[/spoiler]
I just want the porn money
>>
>>2351679
I usually just draw the basic forms on a layer, lower it's opacity and then do the line art on another layer, takes some time tho.
>>
>>2351214
Lava my first pic is missing??? Wtf? I had sub. 7 days? ID: Rover
http://imgur.com/xo9WM4P pic

Welp!
>>
>>2351740

No shit...
>>
>>2351994
Are you me?
>>
guys once you download a pfd book, how do you read it? i dont know how to do it without the book opening chrome or firefox
>>
>>2352081
There are plenty of PDF readers you can download.
>>
>>2351766
>What's the consensus on wips?
The community voted yes, WIPs are ok

>>2351784
>I didn't follow the previous threads that much, are we allowed to draw everything?
Yep, anything you want as long as you put the time in

>>2351809
>Do you know if we can upload gifs or webms too?
Animations are fine

>>2351864
>So all the imgur files get changed to .jpg even if you upload the .png?
They shouldn't be, it's set to find the extension and save it properly

>>2351872
>Can I draw smut?
You sure can just flag it nsfw

>>2352012
>Lava my first pic is missing??? Wtf? I had sub. 7 days? ID: Rover
I'll check it out now, sorry about that
>>
5 more hours and the real run begins (no more new entrants). 142 People in the running so far.

Reminder every challenge after #1 is irrelevant - if you lose #1 you're a loser.
>>
Since week two is starting tomorrow, will we have the first themed challenge? Or will it be general again like week one?
>>
>>2352148

More accurately, if you didn't start on day 1 of challenge #1, you've lost.
People are gonna do this until they die.
>>
>>2352143
Thank you, but now first is last but no prob.

I still in.

Me happy.
>>
File: cool picture.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cool picture.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>2352165
>>2352143
Now is ok. Ty!
>>
>>2352165
Yeah I didn't have it set sort by anything before so it would sort by submission order instead of the timestamp. It now sorts by timestamp so your first image should be back at #1
>>
>>2352151

If we have themed challenges, have a mix of them, between fundamentals, extremely difficult tasks and silly ones.

Like "do a week of value studies in addition to your week of last artist standing work", "construct a pond scene, with at least 3 different types of trees. spend at least twelve hours on it", and "draw dragon dicks".
>>
File: value03.jpg (4KB, 500x109px) Image search: [Google]
value03.jpg
4KB, 500x109px
Is it a crutch to rely on a value bar?
Also, how do you deal with two neighboring surfaces that have different colors but identical value?
>>
>>2352172
I actually really like the sound of that second one, I might do something like that soon, just pick away at it for a couple to a few hours every day.
>>
File: 84eWjua.jpg (103KB, 779x779px) Image search: [Google]
84eWjua.jpg
103KB, 779x779px
>>2352175
use the same value but different colors
>>
>>2352180

I'm talking from a drawing perspective, not painting or digital.
>>
>>2352175
try to do you your own. Use h2-b4
and hb of f and b5 or 6.
I use h5 for layer, and everything on top for rendering.
>>
Anything I should draw?
>>
>>2352192
What's something you don't have much practice with?
Draw that.
>>
>>2352188
can you also do this with a mechanical pencil?
>>
File: 41234`2342.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
41234`2342.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
>>2352083
>googles pdf reader
ayy thanks
>>
>>2352204
Value is best shown through hatching if you're using a mechanical pencil. Far apart lines = light value, tightly together = dark.
>>
File: just look at it.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
just look at it.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>2352209
so cross hatching like comic books? thank you!
>>
>>2352143
>They shouldn't be, it's set to find the extension and save it properly
Well, I uploaded my image to imgur as a .png
and when I submitted that link today of my drawing it turned the URL extension to .jpg and resized my image

Specifically what I noticed is that the imgur link that I posted changed to from "numbers.png" to "numbersh.jpg" , not sure why it added the "h"

Browsing through, a lot of other imgur links end in .jpg but none of them ended up being tiny like mine.

I tried resubmitting at a smaller resolution and it happened again regardless so whatever. If go to my profile and click on the link for the day it shows the correct image link (as .png) I had posted, but not so in the submissions page.
>>
>>2352243
Oooh in the submissions gallery yeah. That's back from when there was the shadowbox feature and everything was loaded into iframes. Since people were uploading 5k by 3k images and iframes display things at their full size I rewrote the URL to add an h to the end of imgur URLs (which makes it display a 1280px wide version instead of the original size)

I've gone back and removed it
>>
File: FFFFFFFFUCK.jpg (513KB, 848x627px) Image search: [Google]
FFFFFFFFUCK.jpg
513KB, 848x627px
>7 days
>The suffering hasn't even truly begun
>>
File: 1372744522670.jpg (41KB, 400x422px) Image search: [Google]
1372744522670.jpg
41KB, 400x422px
>>2352164
If they die, they can't draw, you can still win if you outlive them.
>>
File: die.jpg (20KB, 302x217px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
20KB, 302x217px
>>2352325

Or maybe...
They could have an unfortunate accident.
Maybe everyone in this group who isn't me might accidentally have something happen to them.
It's a shame that had to happen. It's really quite unlucky. But hey, I'll take the win.
>>
>>2352329
>People start doxxing each other so they can find and kill the competition
What have you done, Lavaflake?
>>
>>2352334

This sounds like a really fun idea for a psychological thriller.
The ending will be the last living competitor killing Lavaflake in his own room, and when he looks at his computer, he sees his prize: a line of text saying "congratulations. you have drawn the most Anon" and he just stands there and soaks in the absurdity of it all.
>>
>>2352340
>The ending will be the last living competitor killing Lavaflake in his own room, and when he looks at his computer, he sees his prize: a line of text saying
"To-do: add congratulations"
>>
>>2352340
kek someone should draw a comic of this
And that someone is me
I'm gonna do it
>>
File: helmet.jpg (170KB, 2000x892px) Image search: [Google]
helmet.jpg
170KB, 2000x892px
I love this helmet design, organic shapes but it seems cyberpunk
>>
>>2352351
i like the profile view
>>
how do i browse without registration?
>>
>>2352354
literally takes 3 seconds to register
>>
>>2352351
Are those holes vents? It needs more detail, something like a visor
>>
>>2352351

I can't stop seeing a dick in the left one.
>>
>>2352366
Oh shit, I see it now too. Earlier it just looked like a pelvis to me.
>>
>>2352363
cant login anywhere at work mate-o
>>
>>2352369
>>2352351
Kek, it's not a helmet, its a pelvis
>>
fuck its to late to enter now right
>>
>>2352375

You've got about 2 hours, so that's an hour and a half more than you actually need.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 200x197px
>>2352372
>>2352369
>>2352351
>>
File: laugh 3.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
laugh 3.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>2352351
>>2352353
>>2352363
>>2352366
>>2352369
>>2352372
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 774x300px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 774x300px
>>2352376
>>
>>2352380

Huh, I thought the start of the week was each Saturday. Evidently I was wrong.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 705x261px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 705x261px
>>2352383
this is here so i can still enter???
>>
>>2352387

Probably, yeah.
>>
>>2352359
i can not login anywahere at work
>>
>>2352380
>>2352387
weird, it must be related to the javascript timer because it's definitely still open for another 2 hours. I don't even know how it can say it's expired because time zones aren't a factor at all (it's counting down to 2016/01/16 00:00:00 using a unix timestamp)
>>
Oh boy is this the end of the week
>>
>>2352405
It is the beginning of the end
>>
I'm just hoping it rolls over ok. I haven't tested the new challenge part of the site since before it went live
>>
File: cyberpunk.png (39KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.png
39KB, 294x294px
>>
File: 1448047745801.png (376KB, 674x630px) Image search: [Google]
1448047745801.png
376KB, 674x630px
>>2352372
>>2352351

Oh you guys.
>>
>>2352436
I'm so glad these threads are here.
>>
>>2352436
Great, now you've got me wondering if my pelvis would fit onto my head.
>>
>>2352436
Hahaha
>>
>>2352436
KEK
>>
>>2352351
>helmet
>organic shapes
>cyberpunk

>>2352372
>>2352436
my fucking sides are in orbit
>>
File: 1450475496484.jpg (173KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450475496484.jpg
173KB, 480x640px
>almost missing a day but pulling through in the last hour

>>2352351
>>2352436
I choked.
>>
File: cell.jpg (38KB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
cell.jpg
38KB, 480x364px
>>2352436
>>
Based study4gains studying the Rape of Proserpina. Truly an amazing work of sculpture
>>
>>2352351
i hope the left one is flagged nsfw
>>
>>2352007
Thanks for replying!
I figured it as something like that. Looks great, so it's worth the time imo. It's good to keep quality in mind at all times.
>>
>>2352148
I won't lose. See you in two years.
>>
wont let me enter ;_;
>>
File: 1412731708785.jpg (9KB, 171x176px) Image search: [Google]
1412731708785.jpg
9KB, 171x176px
>>2351214

I'm going to join in, I wonder if I can keep up while also having a job that entails 12 hour shifts from 7 to 7

>i've made a huge mistake
>>
>>2352505
i just created a new account and was able to submit, wht happens when you try?
>>
>>2352514
refreshes in 5 seconds before i can even upload a thumb and url, just make a new account?
>>
>>2352449
Same. I'm sick and I had to spend the whole day in bed until I remembered that I need to submit something.
>>
File: hVbS5Xz.jpg (282KB, 664x955px) Image search: [Google]
hVbS5Xz.jpg
282KB, 664x955px
Alright 23:30 club we better get started.
>>
>>2352517
I'm proud of you, anon!

>>2352524
I'm not proud of you.
>>
>>2352524
i was half an hour early to the 23:30 party today B)
>>
>>2352528
i already have today's(next) drawing ready.
>>
>>2352516
that's so weird. i've disabled the time for now until i can figure out what's wrong. try submitting now
>>
>>2352524
am on it, see you all in hell
>>
File: 1450304442972.jpg (221KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450304442972.jpg
221KB, 1280x960px
>mfw finally submitted for the day now I can finally play some dotes
>>
>>2352532
im in, thanks
>>
File: sleep tight satan pupper.png (212KB, 429x342px) Image search: [Google]
sleep tight satan pupper.png
212KB, 429x342px
tfw you had to rush because you are a lazy fucking asshole and the deadline is closing in
>>
File: 1441501952551.jpg (275KB, 1875x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1441501952551.jpg
275KB, 1875x1875px
>>2351214
seven minutes into the deadline. god damn it.
>>
File: 8278373.jpg (29KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
8278373.jpg
29KB, 426x341px
>7min before deadline

Wew, I'm getting better at this. Yesterday was 2.
>>
>>2352546
ditto, i was in 30 mins early today AMA
>>
I just baptized her!
>>
>4 minutes early
it's an improvement
>>
>>2352524
wew
>>
Musta you are living on the edge
>>
It was not the best idea to join in 40 minutes before deadline.
>>
>>2352555
Only way for me to get anything done to be honest.
>>
new day, let's see if it's blown up
>>
Time's up fagets
>>
happy first week, fuggers
to another marvelous week
>>
>>2352558
New week motherfucker
I was exhausted after the third day (only because I just didn't feel like drawing) but now I'm full of motivation.
>>
I'm not sure if I got mine turned in on time. I just realized you guys were using a different time zone and that I only had a few minutes to upload my pic and submit a link.
>>
File: ants.jpg (332KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ants.jpg
332KB, 700x700px
OKthorpe...really nigga?
>>
>>2352565
you have your browser zoomed out too, that's not helping. press ctrl+0
>>
>rushing to post submission just before deadline every day
>always make it just in time
>refresh page after midnight
>some fuckers have already posted theirs for the next day
bet it feels good huh doesn't it
bastards
>>
A new week of drawing is upon us, comrades. It's maybe a bit early for that, but who do you think put the most work into drawing this week? Who shows potential as of now? Any favourites?
>>
>Miss a day and you can make up for it by double posting the next day

is this already enabled? just missed the deadline for my 5th entry
>>
I'm drunk so..... only 30 min today.
>>
Wew
>>
So much for Turrnip
>>
>>2352580
Too much studying and repetition, and too little fun? Or was he just too ambitious and burned out?
>>
>>2352575
Poor babby
Guess you'll have to scurry away and get used to never getting good
>>
I don't get it.
"Submissions will enter you into Last Artist Standing #2"
I'm still supposed to be in the first one... I posted a drawing a day since this all started (so 7).

Am I misunderstanding something?
>>
>>2352579
yeah no those percentages are hard coded in my bad. creating a new thread since we hit the bump limit then i'll update that

new thread >>2352584
>>
>>2352582
It's a harsh world
>>
>>2352581
Judging by his skill and tumblr I'd guess he's already a professional artist (not amazing but professional at least)
Maybe he fucked off because he didn't care enough
>>
>>2352583
You'll be in both, I think. You'll still have the first challenge in your records but since you're participating in the current (new) challenge, you'll have that too. And then it keeps stacking as you keep participating.
>>
File: learn to image size.jpg (320KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
learn to image size.jpg
320KB, 700x700px
>>2352570
>>
I want fun challenge, like draw hands, or something like that.

Draw tits challenge week 3.
>>
>>2352583
That's the challenge of the week you tard
Submitting a picture now will enter you in this weeks challenge
>>
>>2352585
Maybe you should wait longer before making new threads anon, there's 4 of them up now. /ic/ moves pretty slow so the last 3 threads are all still alive.
>>
>>2352591
Blame Lava the lazy faggot
All he had to do was give this week another name.
>>
File: Dead Serious.jpg (8KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Serious.jpg
8KB, 358x272px
>>2352591
that the kind of shit you have to do yourself.
>>
>>2352591
>fun challenge
>hands
you monster
>>
>>2352595
It does move slow but 300 posts is the bump limit here and maybe the fag who made the thread wants as many people as possible to see it
>>
File: 27637-2.jpg (28KB, 258x215px) Image search: [Google]
27637-2.jpg
28KB, 258x215px
>>2352596
he's still working on the site bugs autismall
>>
>>2352599
It's for the greater good, anon. Let's have a hand week. Study hands, practice hands, do full pieces that contain prominent and interestingly posed hands.
>>
>>2352589
>>2352592
Got it, thanks.
>>
i broke the login, sorry
>>
>>2352596
if you want to blame me for something blame me for breaking the site again. it's going back down for a couple mins
>>
Not gonna lie I really want challenge weeks now
Shit that is seperate from the daily drawing thing
And everyone in the extra challenge is eliminated from it as soo as he posts something different
>>
> Submissions will enter you into Last Artist Standing #2. There are currently 5 participants.

This is normal, right?
>>
>>2352610
It's ok babu, I was just kidding
You're still a fag though
>>
i cant login, send help
>>
>>2352614
5 people submitted already in this week

How hard is this to understand?
>>
File: 1452202158385.gif (229KB, 157x170px) Image search: [Google]
1452202158385.gif
229KB, 157x170px
Good job everyone who made it. Get hype for week 2
>>
>>2352572
Stop fucking asking this. We're not permanoobs.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.