[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last Artist Standing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 390
Thread images: 86

File: 500.jpg (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
39KB, 400x300px
Anyone interested in a daily drawing challenge? Last artist standing, no end date. Requires daily blog updates.

Grand Prize
>You drew everyday for a long time, longer than anyone else. Congratulations. You are the best.

Rules
>Update every day
>Miss an update and you're out

Shitty Internet Token
>Everyone starts with a shitty internet token.
>If for some reason you are unable to post you are required to double post the next day at the expense of your token.
>After one month of no missed posts you get a new token.
>You cannot have more than one token.

I can make a quick bootstrap site to keep track of it. No login or anything, just a custom url that you'd have to save and too bad if you lose it.

Any interest?
>>
interested
>>
I would also be interested. Whats the minimum amount of time per drawing
>>
>>2338248
maybe no minimum. how long do you think someone would fake it with shitty 30 second posts before they lost interest. i guess a minimum wouldnt be a bad idea to be able to DQ the most determined shitposters
>>
>>2338256
30 minutes or 1 page
>>
I'd be interested depending on when it starts, I know that this month I'm going to have a few days in a row when I can't draw, if it's after that though I'd be in
>>
UnmotivatedLosers on dA does this, except on a weekly basis. I tried once but then forgot and never tried again due to embarrassment.

I would be interested, but it sounds like if you fail, you're out forever. Maybe that would be a good motivator, but I don't know.
>>
>>2338257
when will it start?
are beginners welcome?
>>
I'm more interested in how you'll set it up. i don't know what a bootstrap is
>>
>>2338265
OP here

I have a plan for re-entry if you dropout and for new users who missed the boat on day one. I've got to go do my work for today but I'll work on a prototype tonight. Should be ready for a quick alpha test by the day after tomorrow.
>>
>>2338270
It's a framework that let's developers easily create front-ends for their web apps
>>
Sounds interesting.
>>
>>2338266
Yeah everyone is welcome. The barebones should be ready before the weekend.
>>
Everyone would be drawing the same thing right? Otherwise that whole thing won't last if it's just a random "draw w/e you want everyday".

If so, how to pick the daily theme? OP chooses? Polls?
>>
what is the amount you need to do daily to pass?
>>
>>2338284
yeah a pole for the daily topic would be a good idea. should it be really high level like portrait/landscape/cityscape/figure/hard surfaces/etc? i'd rather have stuff that everyone would benefit from instead of asking a fantasy nerd to draw spaceships. there are enough sites and communities that do that
>>
File: 200_s.gif (65KB, 395x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
65KB, 395x200px
>>2338295
poll
>>
>>2338295
Gotta find topics that would please both beginner and advanced artists I think, let's not exclude anyone.

But with that said,
>instead of asking a fantasy nerd to draw spaceships
that's where it could be fun though, even if one is really bad at drawing spaceships they can still try and do something, the result might actually be surprising. If they don't they get kicked, so better make something shit than nothing, if you follow me. So when this whole thing start, we gotta make that clear.
>>
I can't really do digital (no tablet, I don't see myself having to scan my lineart and work on it digitally everyday), is traditional/paper only okay?
>>
>>2338301
Give me an hour and I'll have a signup page setup. I'll set the official start day as Friday.

>>2338302
You can do whatever you like. The goal is to motivate people to draw everyday via competition.
>>
>>2338301
Maybe the topic would be optional, so it could still give some inspiration without being too demanding
Like for myself, i'd probably find myself ditching this cuz of some uninteresting topic
>>
>>2338138
Also in.
>>
Sounds interesting, may give it a go
>>
>>2338310
What if you just need to do a 5min drawing in case the topic doesn't interest you?
>>
>>2338295
I say we just steal whhatever /r/sketchdaily 's theme is for the day
Their range of subjects is very wide and random which would suit us Imo
>>
>>2338338
i agree with >>2338310 that they should be optional. some people want to be pushed outside their comfort zone, some want motivation. optional topics seem to be the best compromise
>>
What about dif. time zones US-EU-AUS?
>>
>>2338430
I'll set the deadline to 00:00 GMT. Probably the fairest way to do it
>>
>>2338430
we just need to set an hour (e.g. 2 PDT), everybody will have 24 hours, regardless of where they are
>>
OP here

I'll have a sign up page setup within the hour. I could have done it in a lot less time but I didn't want some script kiddy to blow it up in the first 30 seconds.

It won't have anything there except for some info and a couple polls. I should be able to have it good to go by Friday.
>>
>all this useless, elaborate planning every time there is a thread like this

Just make a thread, post a topic each day and participate. I swear, /ic/ always loves to overcomplicate this shit to the point where all everyone is doing is talk about how they're gonna do it for a week and then the thread just dies before anyone draws anything.
>>
Lol I just made this, what you guys think?
>>
File: andnothingofvaluewaslost.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
andnothingofvaluewaslost.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>2338459
eh, motivation is motivation. if it works then good job if not then everyone will forget about it in a week
>>
>>2338455
So, where will the drawings be posted? In a thread here?
>>
>>2338138
Interested
>>
>>2338138
Interested to see how this is implemented.
>>
File: 1450896502538.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450896502538.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>2338138
This is definitely something I need to do.
>>
File: everythingsfine.gif (489KB, 360x185px) Image search: [Google]
everythingsfine.gif
489KB, 360x185px
Alright here's the sign up:

>http://www.lavaflake.com/draw/

You literally can't do anything except sign up, login and vote on some polls.

The site will be finished this Friday. I'll work out the technical side and use polls to help figure out what you guys want for features.

I'm going to go do my drawing and painting for the day so I'll update it later tonight with a list of features/functions/capabilities that I have in mind.

ps: if someone does find a way to blow up the site please be gentle. I used to do this for a living so it should be fine but who knows.

pps: I'm going to call this an alpha test so there's a slim chance the data will be wiped and you'll need to re-register (luckily that's as simple as choosing a username.)
>>
>>2338500
Stop posting that fucking hat I hate that thing.
>>
File: 1451945204542.jpg (36KB, 392x606px) Image search: [Google]
1451945204542.jpg
36KB, 392x606px
>>2338539
You don't know shit about fashion
>>
File: 1420233142762.gif (282KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1420233142762.gif
282KB, 800x600px
>>2338539
But do you like the cat?
>>
>>2338628
Top kek
>>
>>2338628
blog?
>>
>>2338634
What blog?
>>
File: 1357139602661.jpg (73KB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1357139602661.jpg
73KB, 665x1000px
>>2338629
Who doesn't like cats?
>>
>>2338138
>>2338538
tagging the OP and the update since this is now a cat thread
>>
>>2338676
Sorry for possible unintentional derailing.
>>
>>2338628
Hah
>>2338538
Sounds cool
I'm usually away from home and working for a three-day period once in a week, so I would have draw some stuff before-hand... The "token" thing could be used only once, right?
>>
>>2338138
Fine, I'll play your little game OP.
>Shit tier beginner inbound
>>
>>2338628
someone drew the kat thing and made it look like it had down syndrome man i din't save it, chance lost.
>>
File: WHAT I LEARNED.png (308KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT I LEARNED.png
308KB, 500x375px
>>2338538
i think it needs to be a mix of both. we have people doing their own studies since we are all on different stages and giving challenges daily would result on the annons bursting into flames since some people might not be able to keep up plus the addition of a weekly study on a random subjects and shit that are decided by the board the weekly shit could be a compilation of things we can do while doing our daily studies. IE: we draw shit everyday but to finish our study session we do that one thing we all have to take to "/ic/'s show and tell" . adding too much shit will cause the first noobs to flake out due to pressure to make their senpais proud, sort of like crimson daggers.

TLDR
>everyone makes normal studies based on their skill levels BUT MUST post work daily. this is the minimum requirement to be in the "cool kids club"

>weekly subject will be chosen and you must do it under one week as an addition to your studies, since this will more than likely be the hardest thing you will not be disqualified by not turning it in?.

these kind of groups fizzle out way too soon, making the initial wall friendly enough might push anons forward enough to keep trying.

[spoiler]people who post with most consistency get badges like the faggots they are.[/spoiler]

thoughts? also what about people who dont have tablets and shit? just pics?
>>
>>2338713
yeah i think requiring daily updates is good but dictating what they need to draw is too much. i like the suggested topics but not policing them

>weekly subject will be chosen and you must do it under one week as an addition to your studies

sounds like too much work to police that there can be mini events where it's like hey draw dragon dicks for a week. if you want to participate they can count towards your daily and if you catch'em all then i dunno get a dragon dick trophy or something
>>
>>2338719
This sounds agreeable.
>>
>>2338719
the feel of a thick wet dragon phallus penetrating you sweet virgin butt.

>sounds like too much work to police that there can be mini events
yes this is why i said that the weekly test should not get you disqualified, its a chance for you to go out of your shell and have the safety net of not being kicked out.
>>
File: expectations.jpg (81KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
expectations.jpg
81KB, 750x600px
>>2338726
>>2338722
>>2338719
>>2338713
I like it. I don't think I'll be able to implement this for the first week but I really like the idea of gamifying it and adding rewards.

An alternative to trophies/badges could be more RPG elements like levels for different styles/genres/categories. I don't know about you but I hate joining a site and seeing there's a bunch of stuff I'd never be able to unlock.

So instead of getting your "dragon dick badge" you'd gain exp in fantasy and erotica. People's profiles would show how diverse or specialized they are.

Also, you could make veterans feel special by having something to acknowledge their participation in the Last Artist Standings.

Either way neither would be available at launch so we can figure it out later.

>these kind of groups fizzle out way too soon

I've been updating daily for the last 4.5 months so there'll always be at least one person here to draw dicks with.
>>
File: picture-3.png (55KB, 1370x400px) Image search: [Google]
picture-3.png
55KB, 1370x400px
>>2338753
And, just saying, with a level system I'd finally have an excuse to use those sweet-ass radar charts
>>
This sounds great! Count me in.
>>
>>2338760
man i have to learn to code.
>>
>>2338138

you should make it a weekly thing, like unmotivated losers
>>
File: ...buuuuuuug xDDDDDD.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
...buuuuuuug xDDDDDD.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>2338539
Is bretty gool gad, smhtbh
>>
File: all smiles.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
all smiles.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
>>2338788
thats a cool cat look at mines!
>>
lets do it then!
>>
File: Goodnightmoon.jpg (151KB, 755x648px) Image search: [Google]
Goodnightmoon.jpg
151KB, 755x648px
>>2338138
>>2338753
OP here

Ok, here's what will be ready for Friday:

>Account management
>Submit links to your daily drawings
>A barebones leaderboard
>Basic "Last Artist Standing" system that was detailed in the original post

First update
>Drawing topics (participation optional)

Second update
>Rewards/incentive to use the drawing topics

Third update
> Fix the (no doubt) disastrous code before it's too late.

And we'll go from there
>>
>>2338861
>A barebones leaderboard
What's this?
>>
File: definition.png (5KB, 546x160px) Image search: [Google]
definition.png
5KB, 546x160px
>>2339005
a leadoard that wont have a lot of information
>>
>>2338464
we need it daily, don't we?
>>
>>2339192
what a weird schedule. it ramps up pretty quick
>>
File: cadelookinassdude.jpg (46KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
cadelookinassdude.jpg
46KB, 240x240px
I like this, make it happen
>>
>>2339194
indeed
>>
sounds like a great idea, definitely in
>>
>>2338861
Will the signing in close by Friday?
>>
File: 1-up.jpg (87KB, 390x362px) Image search: [Google]
1-up.jpg
87KB, 390x362px
Seems like a fun idea, have we determined where we should post our drawing?
>>
>>2338138
Im in, ive made it my goal for 2016 but this may take longer than a few years :D
>>
I'm in. Better start drawing at the begin of the year than later on.
>>
>>2338538
Just signed up, this looks neat.
>>
File: 1443827755132.jpg (48KB, 391x390px) Image search: [Google]
1443827755132.jpg
48KB, 391x390px
>>2338538
I'm in. What do I get?
>>
File: CJnDTHLVAAAcEJF.png (773KB, 600x894px) Image search: [Google]
CJnDTHLVAAAcEJF.png
773KB, 600x894px
sounds fun, I'm in
>>
>>2338138
also interested, what timezone would this be focusing on tho?
eurofag here
>>
Huge post coming with all the details of how it'll work.

>>2339417
The deadline will be 00:00 GMT. It doesn't matter if that's 3pm or 3am for you cause all you need to do is post once a day. Don't think of it as "I need to post before x o'clock" instead think of it like "I need to do this before I go to bed." If you've got a roaming sleep schedule then get your life together and draw everyday. Brush your teeth too.

>>2339404
You get to draw everyday. Forever. Congratulations.
>>
File: dog is art.jpg (49KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
dog is art.jpg
49KB, 500x667px
>>2339425
Got it. Might as well start fixing my schedules with this.
>>
Alright I've here's what's on the docket so far based on the polls and some brainstorming via email. The post will be split into three parts because it's big (1/3)

> Passwords will be optional
Most people were in favor of the current url login system but I said that if even 20% wanted a traditional username/password then I'd set it up. A third of you said you wanted it so there we go. I'll also set it up so you can add a password to your account if you don't currently have one.

If you create an account without a password then it'll use the current system.

>Topics will be optional
Majority ruled that while they do like the idea of topics and suggestions they don't want them to be mandatory. Easy enough.

>How will submissions work?
The easiest way to keep track of this is to automate it. I don't want to turn this into a part-time job so I'll set it up so that everyday you have to submit a link to your submission for the day. The deadline will be 00:00 GMT.

Host the image on your own blog/tumblr/facebook/wherever and just paste the link to it. Make sure it's available to the public. This way I don't have to worry about hosting people's images and deal with copyright and ownership rights blah blah blah.

>How will it be policed?
There will be a report button. I'll review the reports manually and if it gets out of hand then I can setup some sort of tribunal where it can be managed by the community.

>What happens if I miss a day?
In an earlier post I called it a "shitty internet token" so that if your internet is down or if the site is acting up and you end up missing a day then you can double post the next day at the cost of your token. You get another token after 30 days and you can't have more than 1.

If you've got awesome internet then you can use this to take a day off every month. Do whatever you want but if you miss a day and you don't have a token then you're out.
>>
>>2339433
(2/3)

>Minimum requirements/how much work to count as a submission?
30 minutes or 1 page of work was suggested in the thread and I like it. I'll also add a "Low Effort" report option. There will be people who're going to slack off and fire off some quick doodles and try to call it a day.

If a post is deemed to be low effort (maybe by majority community vote?) then they'll get a warning. If it happens again within a month then it'll eat their token (the one previously mentioned). If they don't have a token then they're out.

>When does it start? When is the deadline for day 1?
This is something I discussed a lot in email and I think this is the best solution that allows for the most entrants and it gives something to do for those who get knocked out.

If you start any time during the first week then you're entered into the competition. Let me explain how we'll handle the winner since people will have different start dates. In this example we're down to the last 2 people.

Player 1 joined on day 1 and lasted 89 days before being disqualified.
Player 2 joined on day 6 and is still in the competition.

Since player 1 lasted 89 days, player 2 will need to continue to post everyday until day 95. If they are disqualified before they complete their 95th day then player 1 wins, otherwise player 2 is the winner.

I think that's the best way to do this. This contest could potentially last a long time and I'd hate for people to miss out because they didn't happen to be on the board at the same time this post was on the front page.
>>
>>2339434
(3/3)

>What do the eliminated people do?

This is another email idea. Once the first week finishes and the sign up closes we open a new signup for challenge #2. It's the same as the original challenge except it allows the elimnated to join as well as new people. People who are submitting everyday from the original challenge are automatically entered into challenge #2.

This does mean that possibly 2 super dedicated artists from the original challenge never, ever miss a day and no contest ever closes. That's ok. If you dropped out in 3rd place in the original challenge then in your profile you'll get a "finished 3rd in challenge #1", "finished 9th in challenge 2", etc.

That way if you're disqualified then you'll be kicked out of all relevant challenges and you can start over by joining challenge #3.

>Relevant challenges?

I said "all relevant" challenges because another idea was to make the optional topics required one week, or every other week. Most people are ok with drawing everyday but really don't want to be forced to draw something they're not interested in. The topic challenges shouldn't last as long because of that.

So the multiple challenge types doesn't mean you'll need to submit multiple posts everyday. If you post a drawing but it doesn't meet the topic criteria then you'll be disqualified from that challenge but not from the main ones.

The whole "does it fit the criteria" of the topic challenge is something that'll also be policed by community vote.

What do you think?
>>
>>2339435
Sounds good, but how will we pick the topics that will be drawn everyday, since we have to draw a required topic every other week?
>>
Sounds neat, monitoring.

If there is a topic/challenge it would be nice to have relevant references provided.
>>
>>2339445
Topics and the systems to police them are probably a couple weeks away so I haven't put a lot of thought into it but from the suggestions in the thread:

Categories (landscape, cityscape, figure drawing, portrait, etc)

Genres (fantasy, sci-fi, horror, etc)

Everyday a category and a genre would be randomly generated and you can choose whether or not to draw them.

When you submit your drawing there can be checkboxes for whether or not they meet the topic. People would be able to report posts that don't meet the criteria.

This way maybe one of the weekly challenges you only need to meet the category (for fantasy nerds that don't want to leave their comfort zone) or the genre (for concept artists who only do land/cityscapes but want a diverse portfolio)

I'd need help fleshing out the topics if we do go that route

>>2339454
Yeah good point. Genres and categories mean different things to different people. Especially if you include things like "interior" and "perspective"
>>
>>2339433
>>2339434
>>2339434
Wait we can't post on page i dont have blog or DV?
>>
File: 1419978335714.gif (376KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1419978335714.gif
376KB, 500x264px
>>2339434
>"Low Effort" report option
It fucks you up if you are bigener:(
>>
>>2339498
Don't worry, effort has nothing to do with skill level. If someone submits a beautiful gesture drawing but it only took them 2 minutes then that should be reported. If you spent an hour on your page of drawings and they look terrible then that's fine.

>>2339494
It's ok you can upload it to an image host and link to that
>>
>>2339514

I came to this thread for a second and wanted to say you're all taking this too seriously.

First it was like "1 drawing a day"

all of a sudden I look through the thread and it's like "some people have no idea what they signed up for" kind of deal
>>
>>2339523
it is a one drawing a day thing you butt pirate but theres a rule to not let you be a smart ass and draw a but and call it a day, plus the weekly "challenge" thing is optional.
>>
File: thisprojectrightnow.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
thisprojectrightnow.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>>2339523
Haha yeah there's been quite a bit of scope creep in the last 24 hours. The minimum is still: draw everyday forever, longer than anyone else. If you don't care about any of the extra bullshit then you can be done with the site each day in 30 seconds.

For people who want more there will be more. It'll come slowly but why not.
>>
>>2339498
this, and i was expecting to join.
>>
>>2338138
Sounds interesting, but it would be more fun to draw a topic everyday in my opinion. Cause i know i am a lazy ass sometimes and would just doodle a bunch of floating Heads on page
>>
>>2339546
if you draw many floating heads soon enough you could work in portraits.
>>
File: gesture.jpg (238KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
gesture.jpg
238KB, 500x701px
>>2339545 >>2339498

No! Effort =/= skill. It's ok to be bad.

Low effort reporting is to weed out the people who post mspaint garbage or a quick doodle right before the cut-off so they don't get eliminated.

If you posted 2 or 3 pages of the top image then that's awesome. You go girl grind those gestures. If you posted that beautiful guy on the bottom and nothing else then I would flag the post as low effort. That artist can make that guy in less than 5 minutes.
>>
>>2339568
so its about showing youve put the work in
>>
>>2339576
no, its about letting people know that not doing more than HALF an hour of drawing is not okay.
>>
File: semantics.png (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
semantics.png
41KB, 480x360px
>>2339587
>>
File: tricky mickey.jpg (29KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
tricky mickey.jpg
29KB, 500x318px
>>2339590
clever girl.
>>
File: gibson8.jpg (261KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
gibson8.jpg
261KB, 1024x687px
I hope its not too Concept Art oriented. that shit is boring as fuck.
>>
Can arrangements be made for those that get sick, moving, etc.?
>>
File: cowering.jpg (46KB, 216x268px) Image search: [Google]
cowering.jpg
46KB, 216x268px
>>2339601
>tfw changing internet service
>tfw i know i have wifi on my phone....
i cant run away NOO!!
>>
>>2339434

No need for a reporting system, time it self will weed out the individuals you cannot keep persisting.

Add more rules or features could also diminish the goal of this thing. Which is to get people to make an effort and do art regularly.
>>
>>2339601
i think thats what the tokens are for. do you not have internet on your phone?

>>2339612

> The minimum is still: draw everyday forever, longer than anyone else. If you don't care about any of the extra bullshit then you can be done with the site each day in 30 seconds.

>For people who want more there will be more. It'll come slowly but why not.
>>
>>2339435
Since this is a contest, shouldn't the weekly topics be mandatory after
all? Otherwise like you said the contest could go on indefinitely. I think
it should be like any other Survivor type challenge, where you have to do
an activity to shake things up so people have to step up their game or be
eliminated. It might sound harsh to push elimination that way, but it would
make the turnaround faster so a new contest would begin sooner and the
previous people who were eliminated could hop back in sooner.
>>
>>2339638
~50 people voted on the poll and 95% wanted topics but 70% wanted them to be optional. Having challenges where they were mandatory was a compromise of sorts
>>
Maybe for the daily submission there be the option of whatever topic(s) selected or a page of studies? Would that be alright?
>>
>>2338138
This is fucking sweet dude, thanks for taking the time to make this happen. I'm definitely in.
>>
Im going all traditional Like a real G.
>>
File: output-file.webm (3MB, 1266x894px) Image search: [Google]
output-file.webm
3MB, 1266x894px
>>2338138
I like your idea OP. I tried making a DA-like platform just more bareboned a bit ago, just never bothered to do anything with it. I think adding a leaderboard over people with the longest streak of submitting drawings every day would be pretty easy to implement. What do you think?

Preview of the site that I built attached. It's not a lot, just took me maybe a week slacking, but it supports registering (persistent cookie login too), uploading, sorting your images in personal folders, global tagging for images, likes and searching at least. Had to try rush through the features making the video small enough for 4chan lol.

Had some features, namely version control for your images in mind, like submitting improvements on images, which I didn't get to. Commenting on images and private messages I left out just because it was mundane to make and I got bored.
>>
>>2339568
that's a shit measurement to have. Why the fuck does the guy up top would get praise and the second one shit? Just because he fucking put more ink on paper? Who's to say that the guy on the bottom didn't spend a large amount of time studying the form and shapes before putting pencil to paper? Let's say I grind about 20 pages of gesture but only decide to post one pic that holds to my standard, does that make me a lazy fuck?
>>
Does this have to be about drawing improvement? Can we also use this contest if we just need to draw daily to complete a lot of art for a project butbdon't have time for figure studies outside of that?
>>
>>2340107
Wow thats pretty cool!
>>
>>2340107
I like it, we could definitely use this.
>>
>>2340528
Just put 5 of those pages on one image and turn that in you autistic fuck.
>>
>>2340613
And what if I only want to turn in one quick study because I actually curate my work online and don't want to turn my tumblr into a suckfest? I'll get shitcanned cause I didn't turn in 5 pages of shitty gesture doodle.
>>
>>2340528
OP here

How are we supposed to know you did those 20 pages or that you spent a half hour studying the forms and shapes?

It's a drawing competition and you need to show that you put in the time. It's great if you spend 3 hours reading an anatomy book but that doesn't count towards the half hour of work you're expected to show to stay in the fight.

Even in your example I used the top image, the one I "praised" as the example of bad drawings and said that the bottom one was beautiful ( the one I "shit on".)
>>
>>2340645
You don't have to use your tumblr, you can host it on any image host. You'll be able to link to your portfolio/social media on your profile.
>>
Sounds good.
>>
>>2340107
Nice, do you have any plans for it in the future? I'm dreading doing any image hosting because of the cost associated, issues with rights and it requires more moderation. No thanks. Probably someday but for now linking offsite is fine
>>
I was excited for this, but just remembered I'm leaving the country for a few weeks in April. I'd have to forfeit my progress, wouldn't I? No exceptions for more than one day?
>>
File: fuck yes.png (586KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yes.png
586KB, 960x540px
Interested I am
>>
>>2340733
Nah I don't really, there's some code I'd have to refactor to make it a solid release and I don't have a vps available other than my koding account which doesn't let you have it always on (for free). I'd need a vps with unlimited bandwidth (because of image hosting like you said), and a big enough disk for the images, as well as a domain but that's fairly cheap. It's just money I don't really have. I was more lifting the idea to you to maybe raise the bar of features in your solution.

In regards to moderation and legal issues I don't think you're much better off linking offsite - you would still be serving the images and have to clean it up if the host doesn't.
>>
>>2340820
>In regards to moderation and legal issues I don't think you're much better off linking offsite - you would still be serving the images and have to clean it up if the host doesn't.

Mainly regarding people uploading images and claiming it's their work and then having to deal with butthurt artists/DMCAs
>>
>>2340753
how would that work though? what if it was down to you and one other and they dropped out while you were off on vacation

if theres going to be a new challenge every week then rejoin when your back
>>
>>2341222
I'd like to hope the top two would last longer than 4 months, but this is /ic/.
>>
File: sisyphus.gif (4MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
sisyphus.gif
4MB, 400x300px
>>2341226
2 years from now itll be you, me and one other person that posts like a sketchbook worth of work everyday but never gets better
>>
>>2341229
haha, this is the most likely scenario.
>>
Count me with the dreamers
>>
File: 1365402720520.jpg (29KB, 382x322px) Image search: [Google]
1365402720520.jpg
29KB, 382x322px
Just made an account.

Now what?

When do we start. Pls, guide us.
>>
>>2338138
Wtf m8! I watched that episode of HIMYM yesterday. Do you live in my room?
>>
>>2341307
I underestimated how much work it takes to make a site that isn't complete garbage. The goal is to have it ready for Friday and I should have the minimum ready by then. You'll be able to post your submission for the day and edit it up until it rolls over to 00:00. That's when it'll lock submissions for the day and open up the next day.

Creating the whole token system and being able to catch up with a double post is a pain but it's doable. It may not be ready for Friday but it'll be the highest priority to get added.
>>
>>2341320
Thank you and it's much appreciated, anon. No rush, you're doing a favor to all of us, just wondering when shit will get rolling.
>>
>>2341320
HYPE!!!
>>
File: 20151107_204244.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151107_204244.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
I was wondering if something like pic related is considered low effort.
The guy on the left took me 30-40 minutes to draw because I am quite slow when it's comes to drawing.
If it is, what else should I add even though I hit the minimum limit of time.
>>
>>2341229
> one other person
oh look that's me
>>
File: Capture.png (41KB, 1919x635px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41KB, 1919x635px
>>2341320
Looking really good so far anon.
>>
File: 1441501952551.jpg (275KB, 1875x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1441501952551.jpg
275KB, 1875x1875px
>>2341414
>The guy on the left took me 30-40 minutes to draw
no way...
>>
How are you going to prevent people from posting old drawings to stay in?
>>
>>2341612
I'd say it doesn't matter. The point is to draw every day and become a better artist. If you're going to skimp out and just post old drawings for the sake of 'staying in', the only one you're fooling is yourself.
>>
>>2341612
if people do that then they are lying to themselves, soon enough their own spirit will let them know that they already lost and they will jump off the party ban.
>>
>>2341624
>>2341617
and you know the 4chan detectives will be reserve image searching and digging through social media if they get suspicious

>>2341414
there's a lot to be said about efficiency. if you get warned for low effort i can see you either stepping up or giving up
>>
I bet we'll see a really significant dropoff once winter break is over. I'll try to go for at least an hour per day, though.
>>
>>2338538
Just a nitpick, but it should be "Draw Every Day," not "Draw Everyday." "Everyday" would be used in a sentence like "drawing is an everyday activity."
>>
>>2341694
mission critical
>>
>>2341648
It's already over..
>>
>>2338538
OP here

Should be on time for 00:00 GMT (19h20m from now). It'll be feature light at first but I can push out the rest pretty quick. After it's feature complete I'll go back and tidy up the code before it gets out of hand.

It looks like I won't need to wipe the data so if you've already registered you're good to go. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I missed.
>>
>>2342099
great work, OP, really looking forward to this
Is there going to be s stress-test/test run or will we start right away?
>>
File: 1393043844590.jpg (25KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1393043844590.jpg
25KB, 398x500px
>>2342099
hype
>>
>>2342099
So if we are eliminated (school starts in about 3 weeks so I'm probably fucked then), can we still keep participating even if we can't "win"? It seems like a good challenge to keep up with for progress sakes
>>
>>2342136
The plan is to jump right in. I'm not too concerned with the site getting bogged down since 90% of the files are being mooched off google and twitter's CDNs. A new user is only 50kb of data and after caching it's down to 12kb for repeat viewers.

There could be growing pains with the database but they're easy to fix and wouldn't be a problem for months or even years. I should have it taken care of before then.

>>2342153
Every week a new challenge starts. This way you'll be able to rejoin if you were eliminated or if you were late to the party.

So let's say you've been doing it since day 1. When it's week 2 your daily submissions will then start counting for both challenges.

If you drop out at that point then you'll be eliminated from both and your profile will say something like

>Finished 5th in week 1
>Finished 13th in week 2

Then you can rejoin in week 3 if you want
>>
>>2342099
Someone should link this "Last Artist Standing" to /a/ /co/ & /v/ drawthreads to see if any of them want to join in.
>>
>>2342156
That's a cool system, I like it. How will the rankings be decided, will there be voting or something?
>>
I dont know about anyone else, but when I try to log in the page isn't directing me to the dashboard, thus preventing me from logging in
>>
>>2342158
So far on the leaderboards there'll be 3 metrics. Streak (highest number of submissions in a row), some sort of community points for participating in the tribunal and there will be other challenges where the community will vote for a winner.

>>2342163
Do you have cookies or javascript disabled?
>>
>>2342163
OP here

Something dumb snuck in from development that broke login. I cleaned up your accounts and you should be good to go to recreate them.

I feel bad doing tech support on an art board so email me at lava at lavaflake.com if anyone needs help.
>>
>>2342167
thanks OP
>>
>>2342099
Just curious if you'd like any help with either features or refactoring, I'm the anon with the site posted earlier, as I'm not pursuing it, I have time to help. If you're using git it'd be quite easy to jump in. Using trello or something for backlog of features and TODOs or something similar? If you're fine doing it yourself that's cool tho.
>>
What if I submit sketch on day 1, than colorize and submit on day 2 and polish on day 3. It's ok?
Also fanstuff, fandom stuff and nsfw allowed?
>>
>>2342220
In my opinion that's sort of a cop out.

I mean one should be doing gesture drawing every day at the least. No need to try and outdo yourself every day, this is more of a consistency thing the way I see it, and changing it up, even spending 30 mins doing something different is overall good.
>>
>>2342192
I think I'm ok with flying solo at this point since the plan's changing so quickly and the design decisions are largely being decided by polls. It's be a pain to keep multiple people on the same page.

If the site ever branches out to include image hosting then i'll definitely contact you because I hate everything to do with file management and your. If you want to email me your contact info my email is in this comment >>2342167

>>2342220
I added a poll asking that question if you want to vote on it
>>
>>2342220
like most things in art, i feel there's sort of a grey area here. i think it should be allowed, but not excessively. if you look at junkpuyo's tumblr, who was doing a drawing every day type of deal for a while, some days he would just post the b&w of an illustration and then the next day put up the final, which i feel is fine.

if you scroll through is tumblr you'll find a lot of examples, but here are some that are easier to find:
http://junkpuyo.tumblr.com/page/2
http://junkpuyo.tumblr.com/page/6

again, i don't think it should be done excessively (whatever that means) and i feel the sketch should show some decent work put into it.
>>
>>2342229
Where are the polls at?
>>
>>2342235
in the site but here you go
>strawpoll.me/6479295
>>
>>2342220
The point is to draw every day to improve your fundies. Coloring and polishing isn't a good enough substitute for daily drawing practice.

If you need this sort of group motivation to keep you going you shouldn't waste it on finishing something. Finishing a piece should be motivation enough.
>>
I don't get it. Do we need to submit once we've registered or does it start friday?
>>
>>2342272
It starts in 12 hours 21 min
>>
Shit I'm so hyped
>>
hype 11 hours
>>
>>2342235
http://www.lavaflake.com/draw
here is the site you need to log in if you want to join in. It has the poll as well.
>>
Got directed here from /a/. Is it alright to participate if I draw anime stuff? I thought it was really frowned upon here.
>>
>>2342363
I think it should be fine as long as you put effort into it and developeit. You know like learning the fundamentals and other skillsets of drawing. then you can apply to whatever subject matter, even anime.

I probably myself will summit anime-ques artwork once I get better drawing.
>>
>>2342363
anime was never frowned upon here
>>
>>2342363
The alternative art / stylization general is basically entirely anime. I'd say you're fine.
>>
File: abafh.gif (1MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
abafh.gif
1MB, 480x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE&ab_channel=PointerSistersVEVO
>>
>>2342363
>>2342220
If your blog/tumblr/deviantart will host it then you can submit it. Any style, NSFW, whatever. I'm not going to tell people what they're allowed to draw.

I guess I should add a NSFW flag/checkbox too
>>
>>2342381
So what are the actual rewards?
I think having something other than being a good boy would be interesting.
I'm not talking about anything big but something like getting to choose the next challenge or some kind of "biggest fag of the month" badge
>>
>>2342387
Choosing the next challenge sounds awesome, it gives it a game feeling and sense of accomplishment. Also, badges pls
>>
File: discover.jpg (21KB, 300x206px) Image search: [Google]
discover.jpg
21KB, 300x206px
>>2342395
Leaderboards and badges for sure. My idea for when topics are implemented is to let users vote from a random selection of the available topics everyday (like the discover mechanic in hearthstone.)

It wouldn't be too hard to make it so that the winner of the weekly challenges gets the sole vote for the next day's topic. It'd be a while before all that's implemented though
>>
>>2338676
I had to take a really long time in the toilet at work because I couldn't stop laughing, damn you. Now the whole office probably thinks I was masturbating.
>>
7 h
warm up
>>
Is it going to give us certain poses to draw or will we have to find that stuff on our own?
>>
>>2342444
At the beginning it'll be draw whatever you want but later there will be suggested topics and challenges that require using the topic
>>
OP how many days will it last before you lose interest and drop this project?
You're not the first one to create a group like that
>>
File: giphy.gif (808KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
808KB, 500x279px
>starts friday..
>friday..
>not starting yet...
its all over..

on a serious note, if it starts later on today wont that mean the frist deadline is tomorrow?
>>
>>2342502
>leslieflake.com
I've been at this for 5 months without missing a day. I didn't even miss a day when they told me I might have cancer (ps I just found out earlier today that I don't.)

I'll maintain the site for as long as I pursue the arts. I want to go pro and there's no signs of stopping so don't worry.

>>2342510
6 hours from now is still Friday! The site will go down in a couple hours for final testing then will back up on or around 00:00 GMT (which I think is Saturday. My bad)
>>
>>2342522
That's great news anon, on both your work ethic and health.
>>
File: 1451812040525.gif (2MB, 468x346px) Image search: [Google]
1451812040525.gif
2MB, 468x346px
>>2342522
keep on keepin' on anon
>>
>>2342522
>they told me I might have cancer
they just said that because you browse 4chan, they didn't mean it literally. You go OP, you're a great guy. Thank you for doing this!
>>
>>2342522
You are our hero we need but don't deserve, anon.
>>
>>2342522
Ugh, moooooom uuuughh let me have my cancer tests on my own ugh
>>
>>2342544
>>2342543
>hasnt missed a day in 4.5 months
>creates a last artist standing competition
>hero
I just want people to not give up. When I started learning I streamed the process but eventually burned out on it. To my knowledge every artist I met through there has given up or is "taking a break."

I'm creating a system that will hopefully surround me with diehard tryhards.

>>2342556
When I told her no, I'd go by myself she said she'd meet me there
>>
File: congrats.jpg (96KB, 1201x494px) Image search: [Google]
congrats.jpg
96KB, 1201x494px
>>2342522
>>
File: 1372884462360.jpg (109KB, 600x569px) Image search: [Google]
1372884462360.jpg
109KB, 600x569px
>>2342559
>diehard tryhards
>on 4chan
>>
File: bottom.jpg (134KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
bottom.jpg
134KB, 333x500px
>>2342581
>>
>>2342581
>>
File: 1452278985451.jpg (54KB, 236x212px) Image search: [Google]
1452278985451.jpg
54KB, 236x212px
>>2342595
That's the cropped version
>>
>>2342595
This is bullshit and you know it
>>
When does it start?
>>
>>2342606
4 h
>>
File: it is.jpg (46KB, 624x420px) Image search: [Google]
it is.jpg
46KB, 624x420px
>>2342603
>2016
>not having your beliefs shaped by disney/pixar
>mfw
>>
>>2342607
Do I have to draw something specific?
>>
I'm game but I don't upload my art anywhere, I can just use imgur or something to host right? I don't want to start or a blog or anything.
>>
>>2342617
>I don't want to start or a blog or anything
Why not you faggot?
Afraid of exposure?
>>
Sorry if this was answered above, but I'm not clear on a few things.

Is it required to follow the theme of the week ?

Can we keep posting after disqualified (not having rejoined, just for our own benefit), or do we have to wait for the next week's challenge?

Also my question wasn't answered about whether this has to be studies only or if this can be used to complete art assets for a project. Thanks!
>>
>>2342608
Even though I want to work for Pixar someday (just like literally anyone else with a slight interest in a career in animation) and almost every film they create makes my cry, I know deep down their meanings are only meant to make you feel good and don't hold any truth.

It's good for temporary relief but it's very easily worn away once reality hits you in the Nads again
>>
>>2342611
>>2342620
anything you want.

>Is it required to follow the theme of the week ?
suggested topics will be coming but they'll be optional except for challenges that require them.

>Can we keep posting after disqualified
for now once you're disqualified you're out for the week but that can be changed if there's interest

> whether this has to be studies only or if this can be used to complete art assets
the people have voted and majority rules that progress updates are ok. they'll still be policed the same as other updates so you cant add a filter and call it an update

>>2342617
yep host it anywhere you want
>>
quick question, you guys said that the webiste starts ~4hrs from now. That means that 4hrs from now we will have 24hrs to post an image right?
>>
>>2342648
no in 4 hours you will have to have posted the first picture already
Anon, you are running late
LAAAAAATE
>>
>>2342650

Are you serious or trolling?
>>
>>2342650
What? I can't even submit anything. The upload section is blocked off when I scroll over it.
>>
>>2342651
>>2342652
faggot is trolling
>>
File: k.gif (1MB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
1MB, 500x208px
>>2342648
>>2342652
don't worry submissions open in 4 hours and then you'll have 24 hours to submit

>>2342651
>mfw
>>
Fucking hype
>>
shit shit shit get ready boys its coming
>>
>>2342661
I think I'm way too excited for something so insignificant
>>
>>2342668
Insignificant? You're about to join the ride of your life, private!
Stretch your arm and wrist and get prepared for the countdown.
>>
>>2342668
Same. I could just draw everyday and post to my tumblr but something about this is just really exciting.

Maybe it's because we're all becoming part of a new community?
>>
>>2342674
>>2342671
Srop it I'm gonna cry
>>
>>2342661
>>2342659
>>2342668
Ok I need to set some reasonable expectations. here. All you're going to be able to do in 4 hours is submit your image and view other submissions.

That's it. The site's not going to be giving out handjobs. You'll spend 3-5 minutes on the site, maybe check back in in an hour then hopefully come back tomorrow to do it again.

With that said the updates are going to be coming fast and furious. The site should be feature complete in the next 2 weeks and we'll move from alpha to beta. From there I'll bugfix and make shit look pretty (another week or so.)

After that it's all about gamifying the experience. Adding badges and points, competitions, etc. It will be awesome but right now it's just a submit button that I'm sure some people are going to flood with links to just the worst shit. Actually I should probably approve submissions for now until I come up with a better system.
>>
>>2342681
Leslie, my dick is already in full throttle mode
You can't stop the hype train anymore.
>>
>>2342685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWQMOUmb3Ng
>>
File: draftsman's creed.jpg (224KB, 1600x870px) Image search: [Google]
draftsman's creed.jpg
224KB, 1600x870px
>>2342678
>>2342674
Today it will no longer be a hobby, but a HABIT!

THIS IS MY PENCIL; THIS IS MY STILL LIFE,
ONE IS FOR DRAWING, THE OTHER IS THE SUBJECTMATTER!
>>
>>2342681
Nigga this is the start of something beautiful <3

Also is it just drawing or other forms allowed?
>>
>>2338138
im in as of today till the 8th of next month.
Sticking to paper though.
can i do copy pastas and just sketches?
>>
File: Sketch854480.jpg (297KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch854480.jpg
297KB, 960x1280px
In my excitement I created the first drawing already
>>
I opened up submissons to the beta challenge if you guys want to give it a shot. I'll take the site down in an hour or so to finish up and bring it back online at 00:00

>>2342691
good question. I only had painting and drawing in mind so I don't know about other media physical media. I'll make another poll

>>2342694
yeah it's about time spent. you can do studies, sketches, paintings, whatever you want
>>
So would my "Too excited" sketch count as low effort?
>>
File: k.png (11KB, 937x264px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
11KB, 937x264px
>>2342723
>>
I love the community already
>>
b-but i wanted to be beta OP
>>
im only trusting the imgur ones, fuck the other links unless i reconize them
>>
>>2342731
ty
>>
File: internet.jpg (22KB, 428x336px) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
22KB, 428x336px
>>2342737
>ytmnd
>archive.org
>suspicious
>yfw
>>
Woooo boy
With this group I'll be Frazetta in no time.
>>
File: OGAY.png (81KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
OGAY.png
81KB, 960x1280px
>>2342706
>>
>>2342750

Frank, what is this?
>>
>>2342750
Great master study
>>
>>2342750
the next kr0npr1nz was born on /ic/
>>
Ok Nile what the fuck
Stop making such serious posts
It's the beta for chying out loud
Put an anus onto that moon/planet
>>
>>2342750
>>2342752

someone posted this under "Frank"
>lost
>>
File: Dawkins_01_1.jpg (42KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Dawkins_01_1.jpg
42KB, 620x413px
>>2342752
M£M£S
>>
I sense we're going to be a great community. Lots of sides in orbit. Fun times.
>>
god I love this fucking board >>2342660
>>
we need more people though
>>
>>2342772
there have been triple digit sign ups so i think there'll be a good number by the end of the first week. once the site is feature complete i'll start sharing around
>>
>>2342777
Talking of triple digits...
Have you heard about our lord and savior Patrick "Trips" Bateman?
Because I need to check those
>>
>>2342777
Triple digit indeed
>>
>>2342777
Fucking epic
This whole thread looks better by the minute
>>
File: christ.jpg (13KB, 336x301px) Image search: [Google]
christ.jpg
13KB, 336x301px
>>2342777
he has arrived
>>
How do you add red text notes to submissions? All I see is NSFW checkbox.
>>
>>2342786
It seems that the admin is adding them. You can't choose.
>>
>>2342777
are you shitting me, kek
>>
>>2342786
I've been sitting here the last 20 mins hard coding them in

>>2342784
>>2342783
>>2342782
>>2342781
Let's end it on a high note then. I'm bringing the site down to clean up the beta garbage and it'll be back up at 00:00 GMT (2 hours from now)
>>
>>2342791
Alright
>>
>>2342791
how much you charge to make sites? like portfoilio for peoples?
>>
File: what a time to be alive.png (232KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
what a time to be alive.png
232KB, 500x380px
this is the beginning of something wonderful, anons
let us rejoice and keep this alive for longer than a week
>>
>>2342791
jesus fucking christ the hype is reaching termonuclear levels
>>
>>2342797
Meh
I'm already bored
>>
>>2342804
>logs in
>submits
>refreshes submissions for hours instead of drawing
>>
File: 1418448776965.gif (2MB, 435x245px) Image search: [Google]
1418448776965.gif
2MB, 435x245px
there gonna be alot of shit posting, isnt there .
>spoilers
>>
>>2342810
It was a beta post. I'm sorry, I won't do it again.
>>
>>2342810
I believe you'll be able to report low effort submissions.
>>
>>2342805
fck of
>>2342797
is right
>>
>>2342817
this
>>
>>2342812
>>2342814
okay, glad to hear.
>>
File: 1450573270433.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1450573270433.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>can't get scanner to work
>>
File: Guwgghghhhhhhhhnj.jpg (316KB, 5202x4857px) Image search: [Google]
Guwgghghhhhhhhhnj.jpg
316KB, 5202x4857px
The silent pilgrims cross the bridge across the Anus abyss and head to Vagina Mountain, where a gigantic blue ping pong ball hangs from the sky
>>
>>2342822
i dont think you can report right away but it was at the top of the site todo list
>>
>>2342829
I like the little ayylmao silhouettes
>>
File: vG6XVuo.png (93KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
vG6XVuo.png
93KB, 300x367px
>>2342829
That thing in the bottom right corner triggered my trypophobia.
>>
>>2342829
Quite poetic isnt it?
>>
>>2342828
take pics of your work with a phone, add them all up into PS boom, you're done.
>>
File: wat.gif (4MB, 532x529px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
4MB, 532x529px
>>2342864
>>
File: creature thing.jpg (159KB, 667x898px) Image search: [Google]
creature thing.jpg
159KB, 667x898px
I couldn't contain the sheer H Y P E and made this spoopy creature
>>
>>2342892
Bitch, you don't know how fast I can run
Like really fast
>>
>>2342899
The creature runs at 60 speed, you better be fuckin faster than that or it's sucking your brains m8
>>
Ground zero beginner here, are line exercises and simple shapes like cubes fine? Also are you only allowed to post one page of work or are multiple pages on one image ok?
>>
>>2342906
I'm not OP but as long as you show some actual effort with those I think you should be fine
Just don't draw a cube and two lines
>>
File: FFFFFFFFUCK.jpg (513KB, 848x627px) Image search: [Google]
FFFFFFFFUCK.jpg
513KB, 848x627px
>tfw 1 hour left

MAKE THE PAIN STOP
>>
I feel like im gonna fail.
>lazy
>get less modivated
>school
>work
>excuses
>>
>>2342911
>>2342892
why are people getting so excited over this? you're going to post a link to your profile and then wait until tomorrow so you can post another link to your profile. i can appreciate the enthusiasm, but just draw, man.
>>
>>2342915
You don't feel excited?
>>
File: total trash.jpg (285KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
total trash.jpg
285KB, 500x1000px
>>2342906
i think we have to use a second site to post shit like, make a collage of pictures of your daily work and post it to you tumbrl to then post the link as your "proof" at least its how i think its going to be. now remember there will be a reporting/honor system where you might be cut off if you only do some doodle but then again one hour of drawing is not so hard right?
>>
File: 1451941801150.png (152KB, 335x525px) Image search: [Google]
1451941801150.png
152KB, 335x525px
>>2342920
i just realized i put an edgy signature on the first one..i'm scum.
>>
>>2342918
haha, like i don't want to sound like a buzzkill but not really!! maybe i just don't get the hype? is it because of the weekly themes/challenges? the only difference between what i assume most are doing now and what they'll be doing in an hour is that you're keeping track of the drawings you do online
>>
>>2342921
>>2342920

Take better photographs next time.
>>
>>2342928
i don't have a good camera you're doomed if you think you're gonna get anything better.
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (64KB, 848x752px) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.jpg
64KB, 848x752px
>>2342925
>>
>>2342929
what's up with the 45º camera angle?
>>
>>2342925

>Ok I need to set some reasonable expectations. here. All you're going to be able to do in 4 hours is submit your image and view other submissions.

i dont understand the hype either but if this does become something then i want in week 1 so i can say hey im in week 1
>>
>>2342938
We'll make it become something, anon

If any of us gits gud he'll mention how he made it
>>
File: process .jpg (89KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
process .jpg
89KB, 500x1000px
>>2342935
technically this answers your question.
>>
>>2342941
What the fuck am I looking at here
>>
File: 12223233.jpg (21KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
12223233.jpg
21KB, 360x360px
>>2342941
>bbc
>dick girl
>camera
c'mon man get a scanner
>>
File: myspace angle.png (78KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
myspace angle.png
78KB, 500x1000px
>>2342941
but the way the >>2342920 did it
>>
>>2342940
This
After I recieve the Oscar for Sellout Furry porn I will thank the lavaflake community
>>
>>2342949
Eh.. No, you don't need to thank us. Please enjoy it as your own achievement
>>
>>2342951
no, i will make the most cancerous animays ever and will blame you and all the anons in the lavachan
>>2342948
no i dint place myself at a 45 degree angle...thats not a 45 degree angle. ayy the phone camera is nice!
>>
I should probably get more drawing paper, I wanna do a couple traditional drawings too.
>>
File: 420.jpg (121KB, 791x707px) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
121KB, 791x707px
10 minutes
>>
If you start posting at all this week then you are included in week 1?
>>
There better be special snowflake badges for us founding members, first day babies, assfag crabbers
>>
>>2342968
Its lavaflake not snowflake! Learn the differences, shitlord
>>
4 minutes until literally nothing
>>
3 minutes oh boy
>>
>>2342965
yeah i think so
>>
You fags are acting as if some big thing is going to be revealed
>>
>>2342975
It is
Hint: It's my cock
>>
OPEN
>>
>>2342978
But it's not. Unless Lavaflake just hates me.
>>
>lavaflake.com/draw

Prepare to be underwhelmed
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IT BEGINS
>>
Ok Op, somewhere you mentioned that right now there's no mandatory theme or challenge, but that down the road you'll be putting some requirement on work.

What if I don't want to partake on challenges or follow requirements/rules because I already spend my working days drawing spec shit I don't really care about and don't really want to do it on my free time? Does that put me out of the race if I just want to do my own thing?
>>
File: 352345342153.jpg (104KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
352345342153.jpg
104KB, 500x500px
>>2342976
>>
>>2342979
Oh, nevermind.
>>
Must say, this is bretty gud OP.
>>
So what exactly are we drawing
>>
>>2342982
I believe it was decided that the themes/challenges would be optional, as long as you submit something. More like a suggestion.
>>
>>2342987
Anything your imagination wants! :·3
>>
>>2342987
Whatever you want
>>
now. What do next
>>
>>2342982
>example o'clock
Week 1: Draw whatever you want
Draw whatever you want and it counts toward week 1

Week 2: Draw whatever you want
Draw whatever you want and it counts towards week 1 and 2

Week 3: Draw the topic or you're out
Draw whatever you want and you won't join week 3 but your submissions will still keep you in week 1 and 2
>>
>>2342995
sounds gud
see you all in a couple hours
>>
>>2342995
i though the weekly thing was optional.. sigh
>>
File: xo9WM4P.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
xo9WM4P.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
What is this?
>>
>>2343000
if all you want to do is draw everyday then you can ignore the weekly thing. the only reason that exists is for people who are late to the party to be able to join in.

if someone discovers the site on week 2 then that's their week 1. they need to last longer than every other week 2 participant (and week 1 since theyre autoincluded.)

The goal is still to be the last artist standing. This is just a way to let knew people in
>>
>>2343001
Is it not a pile of stones?
>>
>>2343001
the beginning
>>
>>2343000
>>2343002
OP here

I've renamed the challenge to "Last Artist Standing #1" since the old name was too similar to the still in the works "weekly challenge"s

If all you care about is being the last artist standing then ignore everything else and just submit everyday
>>
>>2343010
>submit everyday
It's still "every day," anon.
>>
File: ettuanon.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ettuanon.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>2343011
>>
>>2343001
I like it. It is simple.
>>
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
>>
dragon dildo badges are at the bottom priority..
>>
>>2343021
are you sure?
>>
File: try hovering.gif (2MB, 390x205px) Image search: [Google]
try hovering.gif
2MB, 390x205px
>>2343021
>>
What do I draw?
>>
File: well.jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
74KB, 720x480px
>>2343030
>>
>>2343030
elephant
>>
>>2343030
>>2343031
A candle.
>>
OP you realize that thanks to your little joke I'm inclined to draw a dragon using a dragon dildo as my first submission?
>>
File: ayy bretty good.gif (486KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
ayy bretty good.gif
486KB, 500x341px
>>2343038
you're welcomed~
>>
>>2343030
I've added a FAQ to the site. Answer: whatever you want

>>2343038
Just make sure you flag it NSFW :)
>>
I'm sorry about your injury but I'm glad you're still alive
>>
>>2343036
UUUNA VELA JAJAJAJAJAJAJA
TE RE REGALASTE CHICANO
>>
File: under pressure.gif (172KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
under pressure.gif
172KB, 400x400px
>>2343011
>op's fw using everyday and every day
>>
Do you plan on adding an archive of submitted works on the profile? So that people can see the progress of other participants?
>>
File: 1422227734571.jpg (23KB, 485x352px) Image search: [Google]
1422227734571.jpg
23KB, 485x352px
>>2343059
>>
how the fuck do i resubmit something?
>>
>>2343076
is that you Loomis
>>
>>2343076
are you that guy who named himself loomis?
kek, uploaded his C path
>>
>>2343079
yes, yes it is, and i fucked up being the idiot that i am
>>
File: calmdown.jpg (41KB, 2160x215px) Image search: [Google]
calmdown.jpg
41KB, 2160x215px
>>2343081
witnessed
>>
>>2343083
i have been shamed
>>
>>2343081
OP here, give me 5-10 mins and you'll be able to update submitted links
>>
File: I am pretty gangster myself.jpg (30KB, 460x346px) Image search: [Google]
I am pretty gangster myself.jpg
30KB, 460x346px
>>2343084
I'll make sure you'll never hear the end of it too
looking forward to the next weeks, loomis
>>
>>2343084
Oh Loomis, from now on you'll be known as the guy who linked his file on the computer
>>
Is digital allowed if you don't have a scanner?
>>
We have our first tumblrina now too
this is so beautiful
>>
>Moneyapple
>the chanz
Goddamnit, Loomis. And is it a drawing of someone's waifu?
>>
>>2343088
ill probably be doing multiple submissions a day, as well as whatever i put in the beginners thread.
>>
>>2343084
kek welcome to the community
>>
>>2343081
k You can fix it now
>>
>>2343107
You'll get to see more of my shitty drawings in the coming weeks. ill just upload them to the beginner thread and link it here from now own.
>>
>>2343108
you should study loomis for your submissions.
become a living meme
>>
File: kek.jpg (38KB, 365x485px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
38KB, 365x485px
>>
>>2343115
NICE
>>
I'm dying looking at frank's piece...wtf
>>
Would be nice to see people's submissions without having to follow the links. I wish that browser extension that let you hover over a link and see a page preview still worked.
>>
How many hours do I have now?
>>
>>2343177
Yeah I'd have to limit it to only a couple image hosts and work with their APIs or host the images myself (not really an option on a shared hosting plan.)

On an unrelated note the users page has been updated with really bad profiles. Only users that participate will be visible.

>>2343187
If you're asking whether or not the site is live it started 3 hours ago
>>
>>2343190
http://100daysproject.co.nz/
kinda
>>
there are some surprisingly good submissions in there. do you think everyone made them today or are we getting a highlight reel
>>
>>2343208
I'd like to believe they were started while we were waiting for the launch of the site since it would have been a topicless first day anyway.

I'm working on my picture right now.
>>
Should put something that shows how many hours are left for a submission.
>>
>>2343215
it's in Challenges page
>>
File: timer.png (7KB, 660x215px) Image search: [Google]
timer.png
7KB, 660x215px
>>2343215
>>
File: JUST.png (172KB, 383x357px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
172KB, 383x357px
>>2343084
Thank you, if it weren't for your mistake I'd have probably done the same thing, but my username on my computer is my full legal name and credit card number
>>
File: waddafak.jpg (20KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
waddafak.jpg
20KB, 300x188px
>>2343267
>but my username on my computer is my full legal name and credit card number

I'd like to believe but
>>
File: sketch2.jpg (57KB, 1347x1043px) Image search: [Google]
sketch2.jpg
57KB, 1347x1043px
>>2343272
jk ofc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0VG3pJLuak
>>
some of these are really nice
>>
>>2343288
some of them are not
>>
>>2343296
true

at least none of them are sonic oc
>>
>>2343301
sounds like we have our first theme challenge
>>
Thems some nice head/eye/hand studies, Mr. Turrnip-anonymous-man.
>>
I made a new thread because this one's so far off of the bump limit; sorry if it's not how you want it, op; I won't do it again

>>2343309
>>
>>2343310
This could actually be fun.
>>
>>2343310
Please do it for the love of jesus
Thread posts: 390
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.