[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever met any relevant artists IRL?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: toddlet.jpg (97KB, 699x1024px) Image search: [Google]
toddlet.jpg
97KB, 699x1024px
Have you ever met any relevant artists IRL?
>>
>>2287135
i met me
>>
>>2287135
Needs more loomis, chick in white legs look weird like there about to snap.
>>
>>2287135
>le anime inturned leg pose
>>
>>2287135
Is it me or is todd's face on a completely wrong plane to the head? I can't stop staring at it.
>>
>>2287161
Perspective seem off, someone red line this artwork, also post on beginner thread and stay there until you improve
>>
Met Craig Mullins at THU, but it was on the last night and him and his wife were leaving to go back to the hotel so I didn't feel like bothering them.
>>
>>2287172
I get the feeling that I could kill Craig just by talking to him. Like, if I went up to him and started talking really enthusiastically without letting him get a word in, I bet he'd die before getting rid of me. He just seems too pleasant and polite for his own good.

Then I could take his wife and make her flip through all of my sketchbooks filled with nothing but Loomis' funny folk heads as I fuck her night after night, all the while breathing loudly into her ear with my tongue in it.
>>
>>2287145
>>2287165
lel
>>
>>2287135
Met a lot of big names in the illustration and concept art fields at a Massive Black event and a Schoolism event. And once Robert Bateman as a kid. Otherwise no.
>>
i talked to rebecca sugar for like .. a minute. and i met a guy from blue sky studios. thats it!
>>
File: IMG_3360.jpg (611KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3360.jpg
611KB, 3264x2448px
I met Mike Mignola during a class trip to L.A. in 2012 I think. I got him to sign my sketchbook, I deliberately turned to a page where I drew some cool looking monster thing. And handed it to him, he paused for a sec and gave me a funny look and asked "did you draw this?" he said something positive then signed it, paused again, and then in brackets wrote something else

I went to an art school in vancouver and a few friends of mine started up a program thing where they'd invite well established illustrators from around the world to fly in and give talks. I've had way too many opportunities to meet these people but didn't take any :(
>>
>>2287266
I mean cool that you met him, but asking him to sign one of your sketches is autistic as fuck. I bet he was super uncomfortable and put that bit in brackets so he didn't find your drawing on ebay later tarnishing his name.
>>
>>2287268
Naw trust me it wasn't like that.
>>
>>2287290
>Naw trust me it wasn't like that
>he paused for a sec and gave me a funny look and asked "did you draw this?" he said something positive then signed it, paused again, and then in brackets wrote something else
>trust me it wasn't like that
you sure bout that?
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (169KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
169KB, 647x1000px
>>2287135
One time I saw Greg Horn at a comic book convention, wasn't expecting it. I had reblogged his stuff on tumblr so I immediatley bought a print. Pic related
>>
>>2287291
naw dog, he was fucking impressed with his amazing sketch, trust me, I'm an expert

that little pause was just the shock of the revelation that he would never be that good
>>
i convinced my teacher to get Wayne Barlowe to talk in front of our illustration class. He was a pretty cool dude. I showed him my work and probably came off as a weirdo.
>>
>>2287304
well, at least you came
>>
>>2287135
I met frank stella, has a formula 1 Ferrari in his studio, the cockpit is tiny, the drivers must be like horse jockeys.
>>
>>2287135
I've met Karla Ortiz, Craig Mullins, Stephen Silver, and some others.

>tfw Mullins lives an hour away from you and will probably be doing local seminars in the future.
>>
>>2287397
cooooooooool
>>
met david yardin few months back
>>
>>2287135
lol, the dude on the left staying on his tows
>>
>>2287304
Dang that's awesome, what was he like?
>>
>>2287710
He talked about starting out, having ambitious ideas for the alien planet and dante's inferno images, and how he was now starting to use digital and how it seemed to be better for his workflow than working traditionally.

idk he seemed like a guy. just a hardworking illustrator. pretty down to earth.
>>
I have met Kim Jung Gi, Dave Rapoza, Dan Luvisi, Ryan Lang, Nathan Fowkes, Wesley Burt, Karla Ortiz, Bobby Chiu... Probs some more, I've been to a few workshops.
>>
>>2287145
lost. also rolling for doubles
>>
it is my dream to meet applefingers one day
>>
>>2287265
Where'd you meet her? Comic-Con I'm assuming?

>>2288968
>Wesley Burt
Nice
>>
Banksy
>>
met Milo Manara at Lucca comics here in Italy a month ago
>>
claire wendling, craig mullins, bobby chiu, helen chen, stephen silver, dean debois come to mind
>>
>>2291328
>banksy is a team of dudes, last time i checked it was like 20 guys.
>2015 not knowing banksy is a graff inside joke.
>anyone can be banksy if they wish.
>>
I got introduced to Mark Bradford through a friend.
>>
I met Katsuhiro Otomo in LA, 2012
>>
i see feng about 4 5 times a week
>>
everytime I see my reflection2
>>
>>2292308
im sorry
>>
>>2292332
he's actually a pretty cool dude , i down in work but he's quite nice
>>
>>2292341
*drowning
>>
>>2287297

your art is shit, though. literally some of the worst faces i've ever seen.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.