[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong to love your own drawing style? I'm not talking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1392008686660.jpg (105KB, 960x707px) Image search: [Google]
1392008686660.jpg
105KB, 960x707px
Is it wrong to love your own drawing style?
I'm not talking about being blind about mistakes you make. Even if I still want to improve and know what I have to work on I fucking love my own style. But sometimes I wonder if I should feel guilty. Guilty for having fun looking at my own drawings.

What about you? Do you love your style?

Picture is not mine. But if you want to, you are welcome to post your drawings and tell me if you like your style or not.
>>
>>2248779
it's wrong to draw your own style, fucking cops will come and rape you for doing it.
>>
I hate mine, it's the worst shit ever. Glad you like yours.
>>
Yeah no, I think it happens a lot. Well, I think a style does come from a mix of what we "naturally" are and a bunch of stuff we think is so cool that we reproduce it, aware of it or not. So if you draw according to what you think looks good, then it's only natural that you'll like your style. I can't say I "love" mine but I certainly really like it when it's a good day and drawing turns out great, when that happens I can really see my style and appreciate it. I'm a sucker for organic lines, solid shapes, dynamic action, etcetera, so when I achieve that or when I look at old succesful drawings I can proceed to suck my own cock and say "that's a really cool style, huh?".

Then the next morning my drawings are shit and I wanna end myself. And so, the love-hate cycle starts again, and life goes on.
>>
No.
I think the goal is to learn how to control what you draw and be able to make what exists in your head, and I think that throughout that a lot of people become jaded and feel guilty when they enjoy something they made, since that means it must be bad/regression.

I also think a lot of people have no clear idea of what they want to make or what their style should be, so they become a bit lost on the way.

Hivemind d/ic/ks tends to bash stylization and not just think that realism teaches stylization as advice, but that realism always beats stylization in look.
>>
I'm starting to enjoy it a lot more recently, but I dunno, it still isn't exactly what I expect in my head, I dunno, hard to explain.
I would like to make things more cartoonish and loose, but I suck at this at the moment. lol
>>
>>2248779
Post some of your stuff so we can tear it to shreds.
>>
>>2248779
yeah, sure, why wouldn't you ? though I'm only a filthy hobbyist tbh
>>
>>2248954
I thought op's pic was his own work?
>>
>>2248980
>Picture is not mine. But if you want to, you are welcome to post your drawings and tell me if you like your style or not.
>Picture is not mine.
>>
>>2248984
Oh didnt read that
>>
>>2248779
I think it's great you love your own style. you managed to draw exactly the way you think is beautiful. Not to mention there is certainly pride mixed in because you were able to pull it off.
By no means should you be ashamed, the only important thing is to not become blind to your mistakes, but it's also bad to beat yourself up for not being "perfect".
>>
I'm starting to be satisfied with my shit even if the drawing is "meh" tier. Just cuz I try to make it interesting to myself, the characters are more alife. Empathy is the main fundamental of design.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.