[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to improve on your own

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: testttt.png (7KB, 365x487px) Image search: [Google]
testttt.png
7KB, 365x487px
Alright, I was directed here from /co/
I'm looking to create an MSPA comic, which means it needs to be aliased

However, someone told me that I don't improve, that I can't learn where the mistakes of my works are. atm I'm just brainstorming in pic related.
How bad is this?
How can I change my thinking so I can learn from mistakes?
OR do I already improve?
left one is 1st test, 2nd one is the newer one, i'm trying a 3rd picture now

If you must know, it's about Halo ODST, you know, like Prequal is about the eldar scrolls
you could say it's fan fiction
>>
File: testttt.png (7KB, 365x487px) Image search: [Google]
testttt.png
7KB, 365x487px
>>1948004
moopdate
>>
>>1948004
git gud
>>
>>1948029
;_;"
>>
Try RapidViz, it'll get you up to speed on the fundamentals well.

I recommend buying the book since alot of exercises have you tracing and drawing inside the thing, but you can still work something out either way.
>>
Draw from life, draw every day, draw from reference, draw to improve, draw, draw, draw, draw, draw, draw, draw, draw.

You should be going through at least an entire sketchbook every month.
>>
>>1948060
The OP said in the other thread that he has been practicing for four years now and he's been wondering when he's going to "git good" - that is, what you see is the result of four years of draw, draw, draw. Clearly just aimless doodling isn't enough to learn, he needs to study theory and fundamentals too i.e. start by reading the sticky.
>>
>>1948004
read the sticky, you will get some ebooks and you will eventually get to know what you need to learn.
>>
>>1948066
I can guarantee he hasn't been drawing as much as he says
>>
>>1948066
No fucking way 4 years.
>>
>>1948066
post link to thread
>>
>>1948004
at least post something other than a chunk of a dude's armour in mspaint without a tablet.
>>
>>1948108
>>1948004

4 years?
what the fuck op?
4 years and you draw like that?
how old are you? 10?

drawing is a way of thinking, it's a science, yo
so, you weren't thinking and working smart those 4 years basically

observe, turn on analitical part of your brains, stay creative & motivated, and last one, but not least- stay honest to yourself, you have to admit that you suck, that you cant draw one thing or another and that you have to work hard to get it right.

good luck

p.s.
>How bad is this?

bad enough to make me reply
>>
>>1948116
>>>/co/68788852
ctrl g to find his post
>>
>>1948287
Yeah, I've definitely began thinking last year, i guarantee I've come a long way
So, let's say 1 year, eh?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.