[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Nietzsche confuse platonic and gnostic thoughts on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: Nietzsche- In Christianity.jpg (62KB, 717x481px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche- In Christianity.jpg
62KB, 717x481px
Why did Nietzsche confuse platonic and gnostic thoughts on the material for Christian thought when its so obviously not the case?
>>
Pythagoraians witch Socrates and Plato were heavily influenced by believed that life is horrible and that the after life is spectacular. Plato said on his deathbed that he wanted a chicken in acient Greece ment that he was celebrating dieing. Christianity was formalized by many people who heavily influenced by the pythagoreans and Plato. Thomas Aquinus took the edge off aristole and embedded Plato deeper into the Christian tradition. Some people think there is reference to Socrates and Plato in the bible too.
>>
File: the-CAVE.jpg (450KB, 1923x1635px) Image search: [Google]
the-CAVE.jpg
450KB, 1923x1635px
>>92806
>>
>>94005
Yes but that doesn't mean everything was accepted. Aquinas supported Aristotle's metaphysics and followed suit with all post-ancient scientists in dismissing Aristotle's physics.
>>
>>94041
kek my sides - using normative language without correspondence to anything - basic is/ought mistake that at least Nietzsche called everyone out on
>>
>>94041
>any of that
>especially if the world is good or bad
>having to do with Plato's Cave
Shit tier
>>
>>94074
I think pythagoreans went to Egypt and the followers of aristole went to the Middle East. When the bible was being written those who could write where most likely read Plato or read someone who was influenced by Plato. Medival Europe scholastics where in love with Socrates pythagoreans and aristole.
>>
>>94041
>can't find a difference between found morality and self-established morality
kek
>>
>>94155
yes
>>
>>94116
It's explaining various views, not prescribing them.

>>94136
Plato's cave is a perfect way of explaining how Christians are nihilists
>>
>>94196
You have literally no understanding of Plato's Cave.
>>
>>94216
k
>>
>>94041
>People still post this stupid shit
>>
File: xfzx35F.jpg (199KB, 679x760px) Image search: [Google]
xfzx35F.jpg
199KB, 679x760px
>>94243
oh look, you found your containment board
>>
>>92806
Max Scheler gave a pretty damning BTFO to both Nietzsche's critique of Christianity and Heidegger's ontology.
>>
>>94271
Was it nietzsche's works tainted by his sister that was responding too?
>>
>>94260
Don't waste your time if you don't have any meaningful comments or critiques. You could be doing better things.
>>
File: xhp2Cvn.jpg (90KB, 726x559px) Image search: [Google]
xhp2Cvn.jpg
90KB, 726x559px
>>94481
Oh yes, I was just writing out an essay titled "Meaningful comments and critiques to Wolfshiem calling something stupid shit"
>>
File: 546457645734.jpg (43KB, 495x370px) Image search: [Google]
546457645734.jpg
43KB, 495x370px
>>94555
Touche.
Fair enough
>>
>>94243
>people still believe that a man was born of a virgin, walked on water, rose from the dead etc etc
>>
>>94707
>>
>>94707
>comparing miracles to not understanding philosophy
>>
>>94786
>MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
File: todo_list.jpg (35KB, 612x471px) Image search: [Google]
todo_list.jpg
35KB, 612x471px
>>94923
Never posted that before, pham
>>
>>94041
Well I have to head to work but I'll do a serious response before I go:

Plato's Cave is an allegory about education and its struggles towards Enlightenment. Key to this is Plato's concept of Forms which were the height of intellectual thought at the time. Plato's Forms were a way of grasping the concepts of essences. By grasping the essence of something we can better understand the world we know. For example no matter the appearances of a triangle the essence of the triangle remains as a closed plane figure with three straight sides. By grasping the essence we know innate nature of a thing like a triangle rather than just the examples as we see them in nature. Plato's Forms is one of the earliest "realist" answers to the Problem of Universals.

The cave details understanding the world via education being like seeing silhouettes on a wall compared to experiencing the real world and when we come to share our experiences we do it, again, in the form of that education that was so unhelpful compared to experiencing it from before. To add greater detail, when the Theory of Forms is plugged in Plato asserts that reality is shown more fully (illuminated by the sun, which represents the "form of the good") and so people we have a grasp of reality to a greater extent than those who do not grasp these connections between things in nature and the same struggle ensues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

Now the image:

>the world is good/bad
None of Plato's Cave asserts this, nor does the Theory of Forms assert this despite Plato believing forms have real immaterial existence.

>meaning is found

There is no argument for this, it's just a blind assertion. Someone saying something is good willfully does not mean meaning is found, it means meaning is self-imposed.

We could go further but with all this understood the picture just falls apart. It's trying to assert Plato's Cave as trying to escape the material for the immaterial life the gnostics did.
>>
File: 1433205788868.jpg (22KB, 424x417px) Image search: [Google]
1433205788868.jpg
22KB, 424x417px
>>95161
>None of Plato's Cave asserts this, nor does the Theory of Forms assert this despite Plato believing forms have real immaterial existence.

Excellent, you're beginning to grasp that this image isn't about Plato's Cave, it is about Christianity.

>There is no argument for this, it's just a blind assertion.

It's an explanation about where Christians get values (hint, not the world)

>It's trying to assert Plato's Cave as trying to escape the material for the immaterial life the gnostics did.

Wow, it's like you didn't even read the first column of the image. Again, this is not about Plato's Cave
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.