[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was in your opinion the biggest cause to the start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: World_war_1-5.jpg (434KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
World_war_1-5.jpg
434KB, 2197x1463px
What was in your opinion the biggest cause to the start of the First World War?
>>
>>72191

Nationalism mixed with the teaching of Darwinism, like survival of the fittest
>>
>>72191
the french revolution
>>
Guarantee of Belgian neutrality.
>>
>>72191
>2191 [Reply]▶>>72222 >>72226
>What was in your opinion the biggest cause to the start of the First World War?
>>>

Serbia bra
>>
Bismarck
>>
>>72191
globalism.
>>
assassination of Franz Ferdinand and Austria-Hungary's nigger tier response
>>
>>72226
this.
>>
>>72191

A combination of

A)Rising Germany challenging the "Britain as clearly strongest power in Europe" that had existed since the defeat of Napoleon.

B) A system of security through secret alliances that assured that when you finally had two major powers nutting up enough to go after each other, they'd drag in all their friends.

Add them both, and you've got a bomb waiting to go off.
>>
File: 1422222731145.jpg (88KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1422222731145.jpg
88KB, 700x520px
>>72222
>>
File: Gavrilo_princip.jpg (19KB, 161x257px) Image search: [Google]
Gavrilo_princip.jpg
19KB, 161x257px
>>72191
This faggot and his friend and their financiers. He deserved the slow death he received and so much more.
>>
>>72288
nah m8, the financial inter winning/debt of almost all of europe/na was what led to ww1.
>>
>>72288
lol
>>
>>72300

*quads.

I check'd yours btw.
>>
M.A.I.N.
I. L M A
L. L P. T
I. I. E. I
T. A.R. O
A. N I. N
R. C A. A
I. E L. L
S. S I. I
M. S. S
M M
>>
White people being white people
>>
File: wwdf.png (46KB, 1102x486px) Image search: [Google]
wwdf.png
46KB, 1102x486px
>>72191
Germany
That's not even up to debate if you look at facts
>>
Rise of Germany fucked with the balance of power, Britain was a prime culprit because they were so paranoid about Germany eclipsing them.
>>
>>72337
didn't help that the world was against Germany, because they were all one big blob of a financial poo, you either join them or you get raided.
>>
>>72299
Britain has literally never been the strongest power in Europe
They were unchallenged everywhere else during the 19th century, but they couldn't do shit in Europe
Strongest power in Europe was:

Before/during Napoleonic Wars: France
From 1815 to Crimean War: Russia
From Crimean War to WW1: Prussia/Germany
From WW1 to WW2: France (theorically)
During WW2: Germany
After WW2: Russia
>>
>>72304
mah m8, it was austria going full dindu and demanding his gibs me dats from serbia
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-8334-1340208333-8.jpg (162KB, 625x475px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-8334-1340208333-8.jpg
162KB, 625x475px
>>72326
It always amazed me that in the course of a single week, what should have been a minor local conflict blossomed to include the five greatest powers of Europe. And Belgium.
>>
>>72389
>Update
you messed with britains/french interest you fucked with all the international capitalists in the world.
>>
>>72446
international capitalist interests, there needs to be an anti world war faction that fucks with states with interests far too extensive.
>>
>>72429
Britain never wanted to be the strongest power in Europe. What they wanted was for there to be no single country on the Continent that was strong enough to boss the others around indiscriminately. The only real threat to Britain was a united Europe, so they worked their asses off to keep Europe disunited.
>>
>>72498
britain allied with all of europe against Germany.
>>
>>72191
Man's blind indifference to his fellow man.
>>
A mixture of nationalism, pride, old feelings of resentment, revanchism, a network of alliances between the major powers to "ensure" that to no great conflicts would ever occur, major powers seeking to cement their power base in Europe and to expand their influence and seeking to topple their rivals.

The assassination of Franz Ferdinand was just a catalyst for an, pretty much, inevitable conflict. Bismarck often refereed to the Balkan's as "Europe's powder keg"
>>
>>72446
Tensions were already high as fuck in Europe at the time with Germany's meteoric rise and everyone's strong sense of Nationalism. A minor conflict was the only excuse needed for the European powers to start fighting against each other
>>
File: 1396479374126.jpg (376KB, 700x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1396479374126.jpg
376KB, 700x1030px
>>72446
>>
German butthurt and jealousy
>>
>>72640
>Area drunkard declares war on Ireland

Kek
>>
>>72191
>What was in your opinion the biggest cause to the start of the First World War?

German policy. It was basically a military junta.

A-H is of course a close second, and you could put some blame on Russia as well, or rather point out that they were set on multiplying their military strength a few years down the road.

But ultimately it was Germany who actively wanted war. It was German leadership had pretty much agreed on a war in a few years already in 1912. And who had escalated the political situation in Europe to its immediate prewar state - Morroccan Crisis, isolation of France (which led to the Russo-French alliance), the naval race...
>>
>>72191
It depends on what you define as the actual "start". Was it Austria declaring war on Serbia, Germany declaring war on Russia and France, or Britain declaring war against Germany? It started as a small thing and then snowballed. Like a lot of wars.
>>
>>72691
>"I'll lick 'em all to death!" he said "Filthy potato-eating Papists, they are."
>>
>>72699
Pretty much this
I'm really mad at the mainstream German-apologism about WW1 disregarding every facts

It's like it was agreed to make the German pass innocent for WW1 so they wouldn't be too hated and we could finally have peace
And since Nazism evilness cannot be altered, it was agreed to make up shit so the Germans can look innocent in WW1 instead, despite evidences showing them as the main instigators of the war (way more so than for WW2)
>>
>>72558
Because Germany was reaching a point where it could have otherwise acted as hegemon over the Continent. They also united with all of Europe against France when it tried to do the same during the Napoleonic Wars, and Russia as well during the Crimean.
>>
>>72831
>(way more so than for WW2)
explain - how is germany "less" to blame for causing WW2 than WW1 when it literally invaded poland to kick off WW2?
while i agree with the ridiculous german apologism bit, at least in ww1 you have the whole july crisis and austria hungary and russia - but in ww2 you have just the germans attacking poland...
>>
The vile hun and his villainous empire building
>>
>>72191

The unification of Germany was the root cause of both world wars.

It disrupted the balance of power which was the basis of the European order.
>>
>>72874
>explain - how is germany "less" to blame for causing WW2 than WW1 when it literally invaded poland to kick off WW2?

In WW2 Germany invaded Poland
This didn't cause a World War, France and Britain's decision to intervene did

Meanwhile in WW1, Germany not only pressured Austria into invading Serbia, but they then directly turned the small conflict resulting from this into a World War by attacking Russia and France successively
Britain then decided to intervene, but it was already a world war by the time they did

So yeah, Germany is responsible for both WWs, but even more for the first than for the second
>>
>>72980
ww1 is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>72640
>Ottoman Empire Almost Declares War on Itself
Kek, fucking turks.
>>
>>72191
The unification of Germany made a great war inevitable. The interlocking set of alliances were designed explicitly to give all of the other Great Powers an excuse to destroy Germany the instant anyone did anything except sit on their thumbs and let the British count their money for them.

The Germans should've known better than to walk into it, but Bismark called just a few decades prior. It was going to happen. Wars cannot be avoided, they are the natural outgrowths of incompatible political interests. They can only be delayed, and never to the delayee's favor.
>>
>>72980
yeah but you only have FR and UK intervening because of Germany - they pledged to protect poland should Germany attack, but Germany said lol k and attacked anyway... (kinda like with Belgium in ww1 actually when i think of it)
>>
Bongs were pretty much choking the world with their trade empire desu it was bound to happen sooner or later.
>>
>>73801
You almost make it sound as if the other great powers plotted to destroy Germany... yet it was Germany itself who let its treaties with Russia expire - which in turn led to France, basically isolated until that moment, to gratefully fill this void. It is almost hilarious/sad that Germany basically created the reason for its need to attack France and wage a two front war on its own.
>>
This reminds me taht I have not finished reading The Sleepwalkers by Christopher Clark
>>
>>72584

This pretty much. However, the fact that Germany gave Austro-Hungary a 'blank cheque' to deal with Serbia was a major reason for war. They knew full well that this action risked turning a local war into a full blown conflict.
>>
>>73906

I recommend...

Steiner, Z. & Neilson, K. :Britain and the Origins of the First World War

Joll, J. & Martel, G :The Origins of the First World War

Both are fantastic books for this subject
>>
>>73906
Sleepwalkers is good EXCEPT when it comes to German motivation and goals - MacMillan's The War That Ended Peace, Hastings's Catastrophe, Otte's July Crisis are better.
>>
>>72640
>Assassination of Arch-Duke Spreads Fear At Arch-Duke Convention
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.