[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/torians, what do you think would have happened if Zoroastrianism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: areas under muslim rule.gif (11KB, 511x345px) Image search: [Google]
areas under muslim rule.gif
11KB, 511x345px
/his/torians, what do you think would have happened if Zoroastrianism had become the dominant faith instead of Islam?
>>
>>70050

>Britain

is this a meme?
>>
>>70050
It could never have happened. Zoroastrianism, unlike Islam, can not spread easily or even convert people as it needs both parents to be from this religion.
>>
>>70050
islam has a lot of the elements of zoroastrianism, just like judaism and to a lesser extent christianity

in a sense, i would argue that islam is the continuation of zoroastrianism.
>>
>>70050
>Britain
wait what?
>>
File: payingtheironprice.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
payingtheironprice.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>70050
more fire worship
>>
>>70086
Britain is currently under muslim rule.
>>
>britain
nice memes, shame germany and france both have more muslims than the UK
>>
>>70050
Zoroastrianism had almost 2000 years and all it managed was to become the dominant faith of a small minority of the various Persian empires. It just wasn't cut out for it.
>>
>>70355
>small minority of various Persian empires
Wrong, retard.
>>
>>70120
Iranian Zoroastrians allow converts, they're just prohibited from doing it in the middle east in the current situation. Indian Zoros don't take converts out of tradition related to their immigration.
>>70124
>in a sense, i would argue that islam is the continuation of zoroastrianism.
Tough since they threw out Zoroaster, the temple rites, the scripture, the daily practices, the funeral rites, etc etc
>>
>>70673
Also more difficult to accept when Islam views Zoroastrians as heretics.
>>
File: Bamiyan-Buddhas-003re1860141564.jpg (141KB, 820x540px) Image search: [Google]
Bamiyan-Buddhas-003re1860141564.jpg
141KB, 820x540px
What do you think would have happened if Buddhism had become the dominant faith instead of Islam?
>>
>>70981
Given the present missionary situation in Asia, it would probably be almost gone by now.
>>
>>70050
INDO-EUROPEAN RULE
>>
I can't imagine Zoroastrianism being a 'dominant' faith like Islam or Christianity

I wish Mazdak the Younger had succeeded and turned late antiquity into a glorious proto-communist orgy utopia though

>>70120
wrong lol
>>
>>70295
Shame that Brits never realised that having a certain number of Muslim immigrants doesn't actually mean you have to surrender your country to them and start enforcing Shariah law.
>>
>>70050
>Persia wins in Greece, moves west.
>Take over the Mediterranean world.

All-in-all it western civilization would shift east, zoroastrians would win out over the greco-roman gods, and we wouldn't have republics or democracisles as we know them today.
>>
>>74452
We would have a more effective autocratic society? Sounds good to me.
>>
The World Trade Center would still exist
>>
>>70262
/pol/ plz
>>
Fuck off Riley you pathetic manlet excuse of a human being.
>>
>>70050
You would need a lot of mind malabarism for that. Zoroastrianism is not as universalist as islam, one could argue it's closer to judaism in that regard. It's the religion of the iranian/aryan people and it makes no sense without a gigantic cultural conversion that persians rarely went for.
>>
since this is a "what if" thread, id like to ask what if pegasi replaced horses, and what if humans can generate enough thrust from their farts that it would be possible for a man to maintain flight.
>>
>>70050
More incest manga.
>>
>>70981
The world become stagnated.

Buddhism and especially Confucianism isn't good for human advancement.

Wonder why fedora wearing autist never bitch about these two though.
>>
>>76333
Because most fedoras are SJWs and assailing anything other than Christianity and to a lesser extent Judaism (which they relabel "Zionism" to avoid the charge of antisemitism) is racist bigoted patriarchy enabling eurocentrism.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.