[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/his/ >catalog >crtl+f >'Bismarck' >0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: 100449931[1].jpg (21KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
100449931[1].jpg
21KB, 540x303px
>/his/
>catalog
>crtl+f
>'Bismarck'
>0 of 0

It appears that our board is lacking a crucial element.

What do you think of Bismarck? A genius politician, a brutal dictator, a mix of both?
>>
File: bissy.jpg (63KB, 728x701px) Image search: [Google]
bissy.jpg
63KB, 728x701px
>>
>>6210
I vote genius politician
>>
>finally
>it happened
>>
>>6210
prototypical evil mastermind

so both
>>
Germany was a mistake
>>
File: basedwilly2.jpg (197KB, 1598x1108px) Image search: [Google]
basedwilly2.jpg
197KB, 1598x1108px
Willy did nothing wrong
>>
File: Bisburger.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bisburger.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
>>6281

I hate Krauts who disagree with me but I hate other countries even more.

t. Otto von Bismarck.
>>
>>6210
He gave Germany its first social security system, was a National Liberal, then Conservative, the National Liberal again and then got sadly kicked out of government by his own Emperor

If Bismarck had only been allowed to continue heading the government World War 1 could have been avoided, oh the possibilities...
>>
File: bismarck.png (554KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
bismarck.png
554KB, 1024x574px
It was inevitable, wasn't it

But yes, Bismarck was pretty good. He made one big mistake with Alsace-Lorraine though
>>
File: 1446320181046.jpg (17KB, 236x345px) Image search: [Google]
1446320181046.jpg
17KB, 236x345px
Ello me mates!
>>
Prussiaboos, not even once.
>>
>>6372
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
>>
>>6391

WW1 could not have been avoided. The alliances may have been different, otherwise I do not see the nationalistic squabbles resolving themselves without a cataclysm.

>>6368
>>6426

Willy was a fascinating personality and gets shat on by historians much more than he deserves, but still some of the actions he took were moronic to say it nicely.
>>
>>6481

I was there when the original video was created.
>>
>>6395
He argued against annexing Alsace-Lorraine because he knew it would antagonize the French, but the Army said it would be hard to sell the war to the public if no territory was gained.
>>
>google bismarck
>get anime grill
>>
>>6939
How is that even possible? Where do you live?
I got the battleship.
>>
The man was a genius, just look at his political manipulation of conflict against firstly Austria and then France, he aggravated them to the point of them declaring war and then plowed through them with prowess. He pretty much is the sole reason that Germany unified. In saying this he pretty much keked my shit up and allowed Germany to ruin Europe beyond all repair. On the other hand, it was probably that shithead Wilhelm II who keked Europe's shit up by being a general cuntbag, aggravating situations in North Africa and essentially overriding the authority of his most experienced generals
>>
File: Bismarck.png (507KB, 785x744px) Image search: [Google]
Bismarck.png
507KB, 785x744px
>>7019
I found it, to be fair I had to scroll down quite a ways
>>
>tfw louis napoleon would have btfo'ed him if the dirty republicans didn't stab him in the back
Chassepot > Dreyse
>>
>>6210
Nice ship
>>
File: prussianpro.jpg (114KB, 457x450px) Image search: [Google]
prussianpro.jpg
114KB, 457x450px
>>6210

t. ''German'' American with 1/64 german blood.

Germanboo threads will dominate this board in a few weeks if no one keeps the Kwanzanian in check.

Bismarck was nothing special by the way. If the Italians could do it no reason for the Prussians to fail with far more military power than Savoy and the good graces of Britain.
>>
>>7416
Pretty sure that the Prussians had him well cornered and had fucked his army up by the time the Republicans stabbed him in the back
>>
>>7525

>t. ''German'' American with 1/64 german blood.

I'm Austrian.

>Germanboo threads will dominate this board in a few weeks if no one keeps the Kwanzanian in check.

I doubt it. Check the rest of the board.

>Bismarck was nothing special by the way. If the Italians could do it no reason for the Prussians to fail with far more military power than Savoy and the good graces of Britain.

Italy wasn't surrounded by dozens of other powers and also didn't have the internal conflicts existant in the German empire.
>>
>>7608
>Italy wasn't surrounded by dozens of other powers

It kinda was yes. Austria and France, Ottomans in the med. Italy was much less powerful.

Prussia had France, Austria and Russia, but Russia was hardly in a position to be of danger at this moment. The Crimean war showcased their weaknesses and Britain had come to hate them. Britain was also diplomatically inclined toward Prussia with the French being the both's rivals.

>didn't have the internal conflicts existant in the German empire.

More than half of Germany was in Prussia's pocket ever since the end of the Napoleonic war. Only the South resisted but only as long as Austria was backing them. The French went full retard, since against all his adviser's wish Napoleon 3 decided to weaken Austria's armies right as Prussia was trying to unify Germany.

If you want to see real diplomatic maneuvering look up the Bourbon diplomacy of the 18th century. Really impressive stunts. Or generally anything related to the Ottomans, France, and Britain, a very complex triangle going on between the 3.

Check out pic related's biography. They're on google. Really interesting chess play approach.
>>
>>7967

I wrote this for naught
>>
>>7574
Napoleon III never even wanted war, the republicans forced it onto him, and even then Napoleon knew he needed an army the size of Bismarck's, at the time it was professional, and pretty much better, but simply couldn't compete with manpower. Napoleon had a plan to modernize the army and put in a proper conscription but the republic refused to pass it
>>
Automobile Bisnap did nothing wrong.
>>
Bismarck was so important to the Germans, is he still well known in Germany/Europe in general?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.