[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Blacks were slowly integrating into society peacefully in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 8

File: malcolm_x.jpg (58KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
malcolm_x.jpg
58KB, 400x300px
>Blacks were slowly integrating into society peacefully in the 1960's
>Along comes black nationalism and fucks it all up, leading to the divide we have today
>Black Nationalism was lead by the Nation of Islam (Malcolm X)
>Nation of Islam was primarily funded by Libya
>Libya was recently taken over from US hands by a military coup, so they hated the US

Is the Nation of Islam the cause of divide between blacks and whites in the US?
Did the USSR motivate Libya into funding the Nation of Islam in order to destabilize the US?
>>
>>61082

No, it was a symptom. Blacks were massively treated like shit at the time, and every single aspect of the NoI was basically a backlash against white racism. Like, off the top of my head, the whole thing about Yakub making white people out of monkeys was because of whites, including academics and preachers, at the time were constantly comparing black people to monkeys.

Really, I find the NoI really sad. It's dumb as balls, but I can't even really be mad at it or anyone who started following it. It was an absurd, racist cult, but it came about and gained whatever influence it had because of absurd, racist circumstances.
>>
>>61082
nation of Islam was founded by some middle eastern immigrant decades earlier.
>>
cia imported crack and guns into black neighborhoods

/thread
>>
>>61082

>Is the Nation of Islam the cause of divide between blacks and whites in the US?

No, the cause of the divide has roots far more ancient than some 20th century cult. You should know this.

>Did the USSR motivate Libya into funding the Nation of Islam in order to destabilize the US?

I have never heard this theory, but I do know that the USSR paid lip-service at least to the Civil Rights movement. You can probably attribute that to a combination of communism's opposition to racial hierarchy and just trying to take the piss out of the US.
>>
>>61082
Occam's razor, motherfucker. Do you speak it?

>>61247
>>>/pol/
>>
>>61247
Why are you mentioning a board from a totally different site?
>>
>>61082
>>Blacks were slowly integrating into society peacefully in the 1960's
>>Along comes black nationalism and fucks it all up, leading to the divide we have today

you are totally and utterly deluded if you believe this is true

Nation of Islam was an appalling, racist reaction to appalling levels of white racism. Blaming the USSR for it is a lazy way of exonerating the political failure of the USA at the time, and it is rather pathetic that you should use it in this manner
>>
Nah OP.

Blacks were as violent if not more violent in the 1960s as they are today.
But yeah, the black nationalism of Malcolm X is quite cringy and hurtful.
>>
>>61082
Malcolm X was a retard.
He was notably convinced Plato and Kant were white supremacists. I'm not joking.
>>
>>61289
>Blacks were as violent if not more violent in the 1960s as they are today.

[citation needed]
>>
>>61294
Reminder to report and hide blatant /pol/ posting. Keep /his/, /pol/ free.
>>
>>61287
>implying that a violent reaction to violence is justified.
Black nationalist were just as bad as the KKK.
>>
>>61082
" no "
>>
>>61260
That's not how OCKHam's razor is applied, please read him.
>>
>>61308
I never said anything about it being justified, I said that it was an appalling, racist reaction
>>
I always find nation of islam to be the first kind of terrorist radical group. Really weird.
>>
>>61226
This, in the late 80s desu
>>
>>61082
>Along comes black nationalism and fucks it all up, leading to the divide we have today
Are youimplying black nationalism created the race divide in the united states? You do realize black nationalism wouldn't exist without a race divide in the first place?

>>61169
This guy summed it up well,.
>>
>>61361
that isn't actually the topic of this thread friend :^) perhaps you should read the thread more carefully :^)

>>61373
read the sticky
>>
lol. This is so absurd. Most black folks are far from Islamic is the US. I have heard that quite a few of them plan to move into your neighborhood, though. Better consider property values.
>>
>>61082
It wasn't
>along came black nationalism
Black nationalism became popular after MLK was assassinated. Blacks gave up on the peaceful approach seeing it as a failure and went full kill whitey in revenge and anger for MLK's death.
>>
>>61082
>slowly integrating peacefully
You mean getting treated like total shit and not as equals to whites?
>>
>Is the Nation of Islam the cause of divide between blacks and whites in the US?

I'm pretty sure that's slavery.
>>
>>61410
Uh huh.
>>
>>61402
the CIA crack thing is historically verifiable. No idea about the guns, though.

also this board needs more moderators.
>>
>>61359
>Are you implying black nationalism created the race divide in the united states

There are different levels of race divide, OP is implying that the level of race divide we have today wouldn't exist if it wasn't for outside intervention by Libya (and perhaps even the USSR).
>>
>>61308
Racism is inherently bad, whether done by whites or blacks or Asians.
You just need to use your head a bit and go above urge to discuss things at biological level.
Criticizing culture of some blacks is legitimate and not racist, but bringing biological arguments as to why are they like that is racism (and dumb).
But I believe this discussion belongs on >>/pol/
>>
>>61429
It needs to be deleted. If they aren't heavily modding the board, then "this is /pol/ 2" will become the boards identity. So if Jackie 4chan can't spare some extra modding, he needs to just delete the board.
>>
>>61302
You're just going to ignore the long hot summer?
>>
>>61429
Where is your reputable source?
>>
>>61082
No they were not integrating
Not like other immigrant groups at least

They were forming their own strong community during that time though
It slowly got degraded in the twenty year period after the civil rights era
Aint great society policies grand?
>>
Until reparations are paid there will always be a big chasm between whites and blacks, at least in the south. I hear the atmosphere is better outside of fucking Alabama
>>
>>61435
I hear some black folks want to move into your neighborhood. Better sell before those property values plummet.
>>
>>61470
It's impossible for larger boards to keep their culture in their respective boards. There will always be dumbasses that spread shit around. That's how it has always been.
>>
I dream of a day any group of non-white people can be discussed on this website without /pol/ ruining everthing

>>61082
Nah that implies that blacks had it easier before the NoI. NoI was stupid and reactionary, but it's not hard to see why it'd appeal to an angry and oppressed people.
>>
>>61438
Nope. Just that we're going to go back and forth like we do. I'm confused. I was making an argument and not insulting you?

Oh, and stop calling anyone who disagrees with you a communist. That really gets old.
>>
>>61473
>race differences in cognitive ability

intraracial differences > interracial ones

learn2biology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq13SvXIw58
>>
>>61489
No, /his/ being some /pol/ colony is not some destiny that needs to be accepted
>>
>>61473
You realize it's a big leap to go from

>blacks have a higher homicide rate in the USA

to

>blacks are all monkeys who are inferior in every way and should be lynched
>>
>>61245
hello reddit
>>
>>61509
>>61489
>>61444
please just ignore and report
>>
>>61503
History is not based on your retarded politics, and this board sure as fuck doesn't need /pol/'s special brand of argumentaion, aka baseless insults, shouting "shill" or "sjw" and ad hominem.

Seriously. Fuck off. I've wanted this board since before your shit hole board existed, and If I wanted to go to your shithole board, I'd go there. Fuck off.
>>
/his/ is not /pol/, and Global Rule #3 is in effect. Do not try to treat this board as /pol/ with dates. Blatant racism and trolling will not be tolerated, and a high level of discourse is expected. History can be examined from many different conflicting viewpoints; please treat other posters with respect and address the content of their post instead of attacking their character.

>>61524
this
>>
>>61503
There is a difference between "maintaining a high level of discourse" and "censorship." IE running screaming into a thread discussing a historical event talking about "retarded libshit" or, as some others have been screaming "them filthy niggers," is "keeping conversation on the board on-track and civil," not censorship or "banning dissent."
>>
>>61476
>implying there is a big chasm in the south
Please
The southern aristocracy and culture is fucking dead and it is impossible to distinguish white southerners and black southerners in most cases
>>
>>61506
I'm just stating facts, please do not imply things I did not implicate.
>>
>>61476
They got their 40 acres and a mule how much money will undo slavery for people who were never enslaved?
>>
>>61450
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/11485819/kill-messenger-gary-webb-true-story.html
>>
>>61528
It's a suggestion. No mods are around to enforce it so it will be ignored just like "/vp/ is not for furry"

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>61082
Didn't help.
But the main destructing force for the black community has been welfare and single motherhood.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (6KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
6KB, 246x250px
>>61527
1) you clearly didn't read my post, since I never denied that racial differences exist, I simply stated the biological fact of the matter, which is that interracial differences are vastly outweighed by intraracial ones

2) I don't know what you did with the video but you must have either not bothered watching it, or else not understood it, since it is Richard Dawkins explaining why Lewontins fallacy is fallacious, and highlighting the fact that there are genuine differences between races. However he then goes on to reiterate the point: that while interracial differences exist, they are minimal compared to intraracial ones

I chose that video since it is a fairly straightforward and easily accessible explanation of my point, frankly I am astonished that you somehow still managed to miss the point so spectacularly. Did you not watch the video or just not understand its extremely simple point?

maybe you should learn rudimentary biology before you embarrass yourself further in front of all these nice people
>>
It's really sad how the Civil Rights movement and black consciousness are so intertwined with religious groups in today's popular imagination.
If you put aside Malcolm X and MLK, there were plenty of black union organizers and other secular figures who did most of the hard work. Then these religious clowns come in and take all the credit.
>>
>>61226
>>61357
>>61429

people only think this bullshit because cops started throwing blacks into jails by the thousands because of crack

not everything is on a plan A -> B -> C evil mastermind basis god damn it

guns? really? Guess they handed tommies to the fucking mob during the prohibition era too
>>
>>61652
No one cares about the student organizations because well no one really likes college students
It makes sense that most of the black community would be inspired by someone like MLK desu senpai
>>
>>61667
gary webb's dark alliance my friend. Also recognizing aberrations in history lets you notice some things. If you look at incarceration rates in the United States, you'll find that they grow, more or less, with the population size and then when you hit the 1970s there is a GIGANTIC spike in incarceration, particularly black incarceration, which can be attributed to government and law enforcement policy that continues to this day.

I recommend reading the New Jim Crow, by Michelle Alexander for more on the subject.
>>
Libya gave almost 10 million USD to the NoI in the 70's.

That's not a small amount of money, I think the theory of them doing it to hurt the US is a high possibility considering their anti-US agenda.

Saying that the NoI was a primary cause of black nationalism is a definite stretch though, unless you also manage to prove that MLK's assassination was done by NoI related people as well.
>>
Honestly it has not been long enough for blacks to fully climatize to where whites currently are, another way to look at it is to examine social mobility of the poorest white people back in 1963 and to look at what social standing their descendants have today. This is not factoring in how inequality has increased, racism and the war on drugs which have almost certainly limited African American social mobility. I'm guessing OP is a /pol/ poster.
>>
>>61717
In the late 60s you can see it as a trade between civil rights and the war on drugs.
>>
>>61717
So let's say the spike never happened and past trends continued, what would America look like today?
>>
>>61688
That was just colonialism, son. And the US liked colonialism until it no longer turned a profit.
>>
>>61758
Drug prohibition would have ended by now, almost certainly. At the very least for marijuana. Other than that I can't say because I'm not a magician but if you want some totally baseless conjecture? Probably an even lower violent crime rate than the one we enjoy now, which I believe is still the lowest in the nation's history, but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>61745
To play devil's advocate, why did the Japanese Americans acclimate after internment? They were sharecroppers and lost everything except for two suitcases. I believe Japanese to US immigration was minimal as most emigrants went to Latin America until the 60s when large emigration stopped.
>>
>>61758
That's like saying if prohibition had never occurred
Mainly gangs/mobs would have been almost nonexistent

Then again nigs gonna nig and blacks have been given ample room to grow
I think part of the problem is that there's this culture in the black community that simply does not want to integrate into the white community mostly for historic reasons
It's why they still are seen as a whole other compared to many immigrant groups over the years
>>
>>61717
Isn't that the book based on articles that got torn apart by newspapers and eventually the original editor admitted that the evidence couldn't be corroborated and the articles didn't meet their journalistic standards?
>>
>>61809
Because they looked the same as Chinese or Koreans. Just Asians. Black people are clearly blacks.
>>
I think the op is on to something.
When thinking about the enormous progress blacks had made, considering they were slaves. They were at point where real progress could be achieved through understanding the cultural climate, however as most societal issues, it was hijacked by extremists and the victim/racism/oppressive narrative was developed. Forever stuck we will be with this dynamic in place. Too many people enjoy and have developed an economic stake in this narrative and that is why tensions are high. Self centered brats who would rather shame and bully people, claiming moral superiority only to show themselves having a complete lack of understanding and critical thought when looking at history from a perspective set in reality.
>>
>>61883
But that is one of the reasons I brought them up, it isn't like saying "well the Italians integrated". The US was clearly not fond of any Asian immigrants.
>>
>>61900
What year do you think such a victim narrative was developed. Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>61308
Please, tell me when the black nationalist burned and hung people for 50 years while congress refused to pass anti-lynching laws. So many accessories to murder in every lynching photo, so many people that never got punished. I swear, the more I read, the more I think that Malcolm X was right.
>>
>>61907
Not for awhile, but even Nixon thought Asians were the superior race. Meanwhile, Filipinos can still be discriminated against.
>>
>>61652
SNCC really did start going to shit though, in the later years
>>
File: necropolis_ew.jpg (43KB, 461x178px) Image search: [Google]
necropolis_ew.jpg
43KB, 461x178px
>>61900
So do you usually stumble into conversations regurgitating tired cliches and meaningless buzzwords or is this just a case of the mondays?
>>
>>61082
Yeah, before black nationalism the racial policies were fine. How dare people realize their communities shared by persecution based on nothing but the color of their skin!
>>
>>61611
Yeah, I'm no partisan of Dawkins, whose work on theology and philosophy and the history of science is pleb tier, but he *is* a biologist, which is precisely the area that I'd trust him to account for somewhat well.
>>
>>62018
Of course they weren't fine, but MLK was making progress without inciting violence.

If racial equality kept moving forward in a peaceful manner you wouldn't have the racial violence rates we have today.
>>
>>61943
Nice emotional fueled rant. Now try calming down and looking at things objectively and take into consideration the history between the two races. It's easy to get carried away with ignorant feeling based opinions that add no value other than show that you're upset and offended by history... Completely counter productive.
>>
>>62077
how did a machine get through the captcha?
>>
>>62073
I kinda agree, but MLK was murdered.
>>
File: 1443302284530.jpg (163KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1443302284530.jpg
163KB, 800x800px
>>61441
Racism is inherently normal. Lol miss enlightened things she's without any internal biases.
>>
>>61476
>gib reparations for something that never affected me
no
>>
File: cubyleen.png (4KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
cubyleen.png
4KB, 256x256px
>>62073
yeah, what with 88 percent of black homicides being intraracial and 84 percent of white crime being intraracial, it's a goddamn helter skelter out there.

Also remember that MLK was considered a crazed radical by his contemporaries. Read Letter From a Birmingham Jail, in which he responds to said critics, and bone up on the prevailing belief that he gave speeches that incited riots, including one in my beloved hometown of Cincinnati.
>>
>>62124
It's normal, still bad and wrong
>>
>>62124
â—”_â—” Murdering your brother because you're upset at him is inherently normal. Doesn't mean it makes for a good social order.
>>
>>61957
I think that is putting the cart before the horse, meaning that Asians would integrate because they were superior citizens. This is just an anecdote but I come from a family of machinists in California which experienced the waves of Asian immigration, notably Koreans and then Vietnamese after their respective wars. The Koreans were just the tops, apparently very good workers and people while the Vietnamese were problems. But now you wouldn't say that about the Vietnamese, you might even say they have become better citizens as they seem to have fully integrated instead of forming cliques. This is all personal experience though and not related to my Japanese question.
>>
>>62073
Honestly everything would be a whole lot better if MLK was never killed.

It is highly likely the ghetto hood rat culture with all of its destructive tendencies would never have appeared.

Think of all the problems that would be solved if Young black people stayed in school and made a serious effort.
>>
>>62137
If you don't understand that slavery has left an economic, social and psychic scar on the country that exists to this day you're delusional.
>>
>>62175
It's easier to integrate when an entire population where you tend to live isn't scared as fuck of you, like Southern Americans sometimes are of blacks. After WWII nobody was concerned about the Japs.
>>
>>62191
Yes but reparations would do nothing to fix that. In fact it would make a racial divide worse by taking money from people who never did anything and giving to people who themselves were never wronged.

And by the way The vast majority of White people in this country are not descended from slave holders.
>>
>>62215
Northern Americans are also almost as terrified, it should be said. Black people will lower your property values, after all. No matter who they are as people.
>>
>>62235
Yes, I'm aware, but MLK himself acknowledged that the economic/racial divide in the United States wasn't going to be resolved by anything less than full socialism and economic intervention on behalf of black Americans on a massive scale. The wound is just too deep.
>>
>>62073
>If racial equality kept moving forward in a peaceful manner you wouldn't have the racial violence rates we have today.

black homicide rates are still higher in canada and the uk, or any western european country for that matter than whites.

chimpin isn't easy
>>
File: 2015-01-21-blackpantherparty1.jpg (132KB, 450x369px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-21-blackpantherparty1.jpg
132KB, 450x369px
>>61082
Black Nationalism was a logical conclusion when the black people realized that mellow integration was only creating a black middle class that partook in the exploitation of their fellows - rather than a liberation of all, there's a reason such "hard-liners" as the BPP saw their movement as primarily one of socialism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_QbWDoJBvk
>>
"Elijah Muhammad preached his own version of Islam to his followers in the Nation. According to him, blacks were known as the 'original' human being, with 'evil' whites being an offshoot race that would go on to oppress black people for 6,000 years. He preached that the Nation of Islam's goal was to return the stolen hegemony of the inferior whites back to blacks across America."
>>
>>62287
>middle class exploits the poor

How brainwashed do you have to be in order to believe that shit?
>>
>>61226

Did they put the crack in their mushmouthes and force them to inhale?

Did they put on sterile gloves and hold their hand, squeeze the trigger of the gun with them?

Get real kiddo
>>
>>62293
ya, E. Muhammad was batshit. No wonder Malcolm X immediately abandoned him and the Nation of Islam as soon as he made contact with actual Muslims and realized that the NoI was FUCKING CRAZY.
>>
>Islam using divide and conquer tactics
Color me surprised. That is exactly their main objective anyway, to weaken the structures of the western society and drive assimilation.
>>
>>62302
No more than rich are forced to snort powder cocaine and fuck hookers, and yet they do constantly. The nice thing, though, is white rich people will increase my property value.
>>
I think the blacks were dumb for not fighting to keep separate, but equal. The separation was good, and they should have fought for the equality. Imagine how much less congestion there would be on like rides at theme parks, public parks, etc. They had a great deal. Equal amenities for only 15% of the populace. They were just too short term in their approach to freedom.
>>
This is probably the only thread I've ever seen that gets smaller as it goes on.
>>
>>62306
And the second Malcolm X wanted to stop inciting violence, E. Muhammad had him killed. A few years later, another black non-violence proponent was killed in a similar manner.

Coincidence? Did E. Muhammad organize the assassination of MLK?
>>
Americans are dumb and racist that's why many black people escaped to the superior USSR
https://youtu.be/i7pbnTI1_LM
>>
>>62340

The problem is that separate but equal generally wasn't equal, as the (white) people in charge had no reason to make it so. Things reserved for blacks got either no funding or as little funding as was legally possible, and little government support. Things were definitely separate (and a black person would be arrested if they tried using a white amenity; though I don't ever recall hearing of any white person during that era being arrested for using a black amenity, not that they'd have any reason to), but they were by no means equal.
>>
>>62355
MLK actually became more radical towards the end of his life. And it's pretty much unambiguous at this point that the MLK assassination was engineered by elements in the US government. Look up the civil court case of the King family v. Jowers.
>>
>>62380
You're confusing me with other people. I'd never say Europe was that great when it comes to racial equality.
>>
>>62400
addendum: by "more radical" i meant that he was pursuing issues of economic equality for all people and opposing the Vietnam War and generally branching out into issues that concerned more than just the black community.
>>
>>62191
reparations would do literally NOTHING, the only thing it would do is piss off white people even more because now we have to pay for something we never partook in. My great grandparents came here from Portugal and Canada, they had literally NOTHING to do with slavery, expecting my family and millions of others to pay for something we never did is asinine, and that is exactly what would happen if they decided to give reparations out.
>>
>>62436

that does not matter. blacs DESERVE reparations, we HAVE TO give them reparations

your parents benefited from a racist system. you would not even be literate if it were not for white privilege
>>
>>62478
Nice b8
>>
>>62478
Do you actually believe this Tyrone?
>>
>>62478
are you fucking serious right now?
did you just unironically post that?
please be b8
>>
>>62436
I'm a three-generations deep Northerner myself pal(of Appalachian stock, a group of white people who were legally discriminated against to nearly the same extent as black Americans, up to and including forced sterilization).

The idea of reparations isn't about "punishment," it is about rectifying a mistake that has gripped at the nation for three hundred years, and ideally would be a first step towards socialism, or at least social democracy, in the United States. Interestingly, MLK's own discussion of the matter referred to economic justice for all peoples, not just black Americans btw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Doi_U0f8OA
>>
>>62302
Son, everyone loves escapism, especially when your life is in a shitty ghetto. It's funny that you say this amid a new heroin epidemic, but because it's hitting middle class, suburban whites, people are advocating for a softer "war on drugs" Already there is more support for treating addicts like victims instead of "thugs"
>>
>>62478
Laying it a bit thick there, dude.
>>
>>62502
I don't care if its about rectifying a mistake, i'm not paying a single fucking dime for something my family was not responsible for
take it up with the government, not the average taxpayer
>>
>>62502
No one said it was about punishment. I did however say it would worsen the Racial devide to take money from people who never did anything wrong (and in most cases neither did their ancestors) and give it to people who were themselves never wronged.

This is reality.
>>
>>62400
I have wondered if MLK would have had the same lasting impact as he did if he weren't assassinated. I think the answer is yes, but maybe not. I was trying to find a similar figure, and the best I can come up with is Albert Lutuli, another nobel peace prize winner and president of the African National Congress in SA. He is of course overshadowed by Mandela, so maybe the same would have happened to King if he were able to live the rest of his life.
>>
>>62436
It's not about whether or not your family had slaves. The long racial divide in this nation has helped your family in it's endeavors. No matter how hard you have worked in your own life, a person who is of darker skin in your exact same position would have had to work harder. Reparations are the way of easing the burden that black families have had to suffer for so many generations
>>
>>62400
He wouldn't have been forced to go radical in order to stay relevant if it weren't for groups like the Nation of Islam.
>>
>>62566
>people who were themselves never wronged.

Black Americans were wronged by being born where they were. You'll notice in the speech Doctor King gave he mentions how black families were denied access to western settlement and denied access to the government support programs that helped those settlers thrive.(Most) White Americans have been subsidized by the US government for billions of dollars, for many two centuries. Isn't it time the other native children of this nation reap the same rewards?
>>
>>62586
oh fuck off, so because they have had more issues in the past my family should give them thousands of dollars?
>>
>>62615
uuuuh no I don't think he was what he was doing for "publicity" man. It wasn't a fucking celebrity feud or a television show, he didn't have to do more "shocking" stuff to stay ahead in the ratings.

His increased radicalism wasn't even the advocacy of community self-defense or separatism or other NoI talking points, it was about economic justice.
>>
>>62629
Discrimination now is not the solution to discrimination 100 years ago.
>>
>>62629
>(Most) White Americans have been subsidized by the US government for billions of dollars

This is silly, if you are going to play racial politics, then where did those subsidies come from?
>>
These kind of topics shouldn't be discussed if non-2015 approved interpretations will just end up being pruned.

Elijah and Rockwell had it right.
>>
>>61441
>bringing biological arguments as to why are they like that is racism (and dumb)
Except violence is a biological and cultural trait. Are you from Norway by chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLNkIQ493CQ
>>
>>61246
>You can probably attribute that to a combination of communism's opposition to racial hierarchy and just trying to take the piss out of the US.

I think you're romanticizing it. It's far more likely they saw it as a weakening force as a nation fighting amongst itself is less able to defend itself from outside forces
>>
>>61667
The CIA guns and crack thing is true and it continued well through the 90s. There are documents from former agents that prove it which are easily accessible with a Google search and a few interviews on YouTube too. Freeway Rick Ross and other eventual drug lords got their shit flown in on the backs of Government planes. I guarantee you some nigga in the hood isn't just going to randomly start up a fucking nationwide drug empire, in the fucking 80s of all times, based in Compton of all places, on food stamps and WIC.
If the government wasn't involved then that means these drug lords were the most ingenious humans to ever grace mankind.
>>
>race divide wouldn't exist if it weren't for nation of Islam
...You guys do realize white people were literally lynching black people by the dozens through and past the 1960s right?
>>
So, /his/, what's your favorite Black Nationalist group?

>5% Nation
>NoI
>Black Hebrews
>>
>>63344
The drug running is well documented. The weapons are another thing. Where is the proof that the government was supplying the inner-city with guns?
>>
>>61534
Southern Aristocracy is dead because there was an industrial boom and the wealthy moved up north after reconstruction to invest and build in industry. They made their money on the backs of slave labor, then multiplied it tenfold through solid investments in shit like banks, railroads, etc.
Only the retards stayed in the south for 'muh culture', and because they thought sharecropping would actually work.
>>
>>63394
Lynchings were a very rare occasion in the 1960's, what are you on about?

Progress was being made and violence was on a definite downturn. But then black nationalism and black power movements incited violence from within the black community.
>>
>>63435
Nation of Islam. Elijah knew that blacks and whites can't live together, cleaned up his people, and sought to make their own nation. Had certain powers at be not torn them apart Africa and the West would be pure and thriving -- or at least better off than things are now.
>>
>>62490
He went overboard but he has a point. If we didn't have black people to ostracize, the Irish and the Italians were DEFINITELY next up to get treated like dogshit. Especially the Irish.
>>
>>63513
>Especially the Irish.
This jesus christ they had it rough.
>>
>>63487
Civil Rights activists went missing, students were beaten in the streets and murder of blacks was a common occurrence. Sure, lynchings were down, but other types of violence were still running rampant. The "If only the blacks had been less radical, they would be fine today" narrative is such bullshit.
>>
>>62837
Following WWII and the great depression, many white families were given money to move to the suburbs and they actually received government assistance routinely. Blacks were denied such access, albeit indirectly. Common stipulations were that the unemployed, maids, and field workers were not allowed government assistance, but white collar workers actually did receive assistance. Any blacks that were financially savvy enough to move out of the slums and into the suburbs were usually told they couldn't live in the suburbs because of 'housing values', despite the fact that the suburbs were being filled with poor white workers. It was like reverse welfare, and on a massive scale, and it allowed whites to move out of the cities following the great depression, leaving them full of blacks still suffering from the depression, and creating the ghettos we know and love today. And let's not forget about them throwing crack into the mix in the 80s!
http://prospect.org/article/public-housing-government-sponsored-segregation
>>
>>63622
I have already taken the subsidies for granted, the point is that they come from whites already, there isn't some extra black tax going on to fund white progress.
>>
>>61809
Because small groups anon. When you have big groups of migrants [or, in African American's cases, slaves] they don't assimilate into the population because they can just stay within their own culture. That's my theory, anyway.
>>
>>63669
These were incentives not only to fuel white progress, but to hamper black progress. Blacks shouldn't have to fund people who are already ahead of them
>>
>>63669
Black people still had to pay taxes on the little bit they made to the government that was used to support poor whites. Then there was also that bit about slavery being a thing two generations back.
>>
>>62215
Native Americans haven't been a threat since the 1800s but were getting discriminated against pretty heavily still in the 1940s and 50s. I don't think your explanation holds up.
>>
>>62400
I'd like to point out here that [spoiler]from what I learned in History class about the civil rights movement in straya, so it might not be accurate[/spoiler] that Malcolm X was becoming less radical at the same time, and more sympathetic to MLK's viewpoint.
>>
>>63740
Native Americans are pretty poor, save where they get money from belonging to reservations with special privileges to operate casinos and whatnot.
>>
>>63622
I got a friend who studied, I forget the actual subject, but it's basically human geography and there's a system to keep just this going. Sure the logical response would be "Well why don't they just move?" but the lack of education and constant reminder that black people suck kinda put a damper on willingly being homeless in a foreign city or state for awhile before trying to move up.

Even today, blacks will sit in shacks for homes and lap up food stamps instead of striving for a better life because they think it's the best thing and gubbuhment is giving them money so why bother.
>>
>>63740
Although, I'm kinda thinking you might you have understood what I said differently than I meant it.
>>
>>63691
If that is the case though, then why ever have any hope of integration?
>>
>>63737
US taxes have always been de facto progressive even before the income tax because the old tariff and excise taxes are based on consumption, so in effect any white prosperity you attribute to government subsidy is just shuffling around the white wealth. And with regard to slavery you can look at other groups life refugees or interned Japanese as in the discussion >>61809
>>
>>63691
>they don't assimilate into the population because they can just stay within their own culture.
I think this a common theory actually. I live in a big city, and people tend to stay in their own comfort zones. Nigerians live in 1 spot, Greeks live in another, Ukrainians have their own side, Chinese stick together, ect. Sure by day you can walk a busy street and see and hear all kinds of people and languages, but by night everyone's off in their own spot.
>>
>>62341
It's kind of impressive, actually.
>>
>>63598
>whites are evil it's all their fault
Fuck off sjw
>>
>>63927
It doesn't matter if it's a majority shuffling around white wealth of its still taking a good amount of the little of what blacks have and giving it all to whites. De facto progressive is meaningless when poor blacks and poor whites fall in the same category of poor news by government qualifications and end up giving away the same amount. The poor white got more back in assistance.

That's like if you have a two pieces of candy and everyone else is complaining that they only have two pieces while I have 1000 to myself, more than i could ever eat, realistically. I play nice guy and take a piece of everyone's candy and redistribute it out. I give everyone except you two new pieces. They have three pieces now, and you have one piece. You just lost candy.
Now imagine you can work for candy. You're earning one piece of candy a day. But we keep redistributing every day, and I keep giving everyone except for you two new pieces, while taking one away from you.
>>
>>61299
>He was notably convinced Plato and Kant were white supremacists. I'm not joking.

Except they basically were. Read some of the shit Kant says about blacks, women and Jews. It's /pol/ tier.
>>
File: 1442791995511.jpg (61KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1442791995511.jpg
61KB, 1024x576px
>>61226
What that what was in the briefcase?
>>
>>64440
True for Kant, haven't seen anything of the sort in Plato (and I'm a Plato scholar).

Though your point stands, yes, Malcolm X had some basis in accusing Kant of being racist.
>>
>>62340
>not fighting to keep separate, but equal
>implying blacks only schools stopped existing

Chances are all the "bad" schools around you are the ones that are over 96% black. Do you know what's the most effective method of improving a black kid's performance at one of these schools? Put him in a school where there's at least 30% non-black students. From childhood to adulthood integrating blacks gives them the best chance of success
>>
File: 1444766776271.gif (2MB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1444766776271.gif
2MB, 400x328px
>>61169
This.
It's the same reason Jews have done so shit as well.
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.