[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic, alchemy and esotericism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 8

Finally a board suitable to discuss Western and Eastern esoteric traditions on, through the secular lenses of history and anthropology! Thank you based Hiro!

I would like to kick off with a book recommendation. I just finished "The Book of Black Magic" by A.E. Waite and I love it. Waite offers a detailed but skeptical look at several influential grimoires of Renaissance era occultism. He reproduces many significant parts of these curious and rare books in English and provides lots of insightful commentary. I will doubtless return to it for reference again and again.
>>
>>55175
Witchcraft and Magic in the Nordic Middle Ages
http://bookzz.org/book/2294479/d4ef18

Witchcraft in the Middle Ages
http://bookzz.org/book/2080955/d77d3f

Witchcraft and Magic in Europe, Vol 1-6
http://bookzz.org/s/?q=Witchcraft+and+Magic+in+Europe&t=0
>>
I am mostly unfamiliar with the subject but it definitely interests me. I look forward to posting with you, friendo.
>>
File: Astaroth.jpg (173KB, 718x800px) Image search: [Google]
Astaroth.jpg
173KB, 718x800px
The Complete Grimoire of Pope Honorius by David Rankine and Paul Henry Barron is also an excellent read if you are into grimoires. Joseph H. Peterson's Lemegeton is another one of my favorites.

Could anyone recommend a book similar to The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall? It's an excellent read but Hall was himself a devoted Christian mystic, so I'd like a book covering the entire general history of Western esotericism but less biased.
>>
>>55175
>"The Book of Black Magic" by A.E. Waite
post scribd link or else i can't read it
>>
man I wish the archive worked because I wrote some huge thing about magic in Nordic society but I didn't save it
>>
>>55250
Thanks for the resources anon, I will check them out. Reminds me of this

http://www.amazon.ca/Galdrabok-Stephen-E-Flowers/dp/1885972431/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446232247&sr=8-1&keywords=Galdrab%C3%B3k

I've been meaning to read Yukio Mishima forever and I promised myself the next book I bought would be Confessions of a Mask but hnnnnggg that Icelandic grimoire is tempting.
>>
>>55628
Stephens Galdrabok is ok, but it's geared towards the LHP side of Icelandic magic, and almost entirely ignores the other side which is really disappointing.
>>
>>55538
Don't have a scribd link but here

http://www.sacred-texts.com/grim/bcm/

You'll also want to read the Mathers edition of the Key of Solomon because Waite refers to it frequently.

http://sacred-texts.com/grim/kos/index.htm

That site has a lot of good esoteric books so does this one.

http://english.grimoar.cz/
>>
>>55703
I didn't realize the LHP/RHP dichotomy existed in Icelandic magic. Never read any books on it yet so recommendations would be welcome.
>>
>>55175
IMO, it was good for it's time but a lot of the info is outdated.
>>
>>55840
Galdrabok is, funnily enough, one of the few English resources on the topic. Icelandic magic was a mishmash of christian/jewish and pagan sources, with some spells calling pagan gods demons, and others calling them good spirits within the same texts.

Some icelandic grimoires are classified as "black" and others as "white", based off who wrote them.
>>
File: VegvisirHuld.png (21KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
VegvisirHuld.png
21KB, 512x512px
>>56053
That's fascinating. Was the Key of Solomon among its Abrahamic influences, perhaps? My friend noted when I showed him the Clavicle that it reminded him of these Icelandic symbols. That's how I first heard of the Galdrabok actually, just last night.
>>
Bumping with a cool movie
>select all the images with popcorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiimxfU4gH8
>>
>>55250
Is this site safe to download from?
>>
File: reportan.jpg (28KB, 320x417px) Image search: [Google]
reportan.jpg
28KB, 320x417px
Not being sly here or anything, but what exactly is the point of studying occultism and esoteric practices? Is it interesting fiction, or do you guys think this stuff is real?
>>
>>57695
it is real, but not in the way you conceptualize it.

the pentagrams and candles is fake of course, but there are "magical" things that are real.

it's a higher level science that deals in truth and causation, while science dwells in the observation and documentation of the lies and effects born form the higher spheres of.... "reality"

every question has an answer.
do you know what the question is?

No man hath ISIS unveiled, she hath gifted the world with the "Sun"

If you know, keep your mouth shut.

Nullius in verba
>>
>>55536
The PDC
>>
>>55175
HERMES TRISTMEGESTIUS
>wrote over 30,000 books!
>Supposed was 7 feet tall
>Single highhandedly made advances in chemistry, astronomy, medicine, biology, and philosopher so advance his works started the Renaissance
>Literally a wizard!
>Identity is completly unknown WHO THE HELL WAS HE?
>Thrice Greatest, WTF does it mean?
>>
>tfw i can finally use my 6 years of academic investment outside of school

>>57695
for me, i study ancient religion/ "magic" in the context of folklore and mythology as a social science. it's not magic the way most people interpret it today, but it's more about the rituals/beliefs and what we can infer from these behaviors.
>>
>>55175
I would postulate that there is no real esoteric tradition. Some of these ideas are byproducts of science, others are byproducts of religion to the point where if they are shared by many they become religious canon.

This topic is lacking in depth while at the same time being too broad and general.

If discussing the history of science one may mention the weirder ideas that are connected to it, e.g. astrology, alchemy, etc. or when discussing religious history one may discuss the believes of fringe groups. But a topic for "esoteric" ideas in general is just too wide, since literally anyone in the history has had stupid ideas and plenty of people have written them down. Specific topics would be better suited instead of a general thread.
>>
>>57695
i read it because of tabletop roleplaying homebrewing desu honest
iconogenesis also fascinates me
>>
>>57844
>the pentagrams and candles is fake of course, but there are "magical" things that are real.
What are these "magical" things then?
>>
>>57695
It's real. You can empirically test it.

But the supernatural stuff is not the interesting part. Self knowledge and ability to change your own mind is.
>>
File: break the ego.jpg (95KB, 611x611px) Image search: [Google]
break the ego.jpg
95KB, 611x611px
>>55175
I agree. I'm appreciative of this board. Too much superstitious, roleplaying garbage on /x/.

I approve of gook moot.
>>
>>58795
well, on this level of reality, it's all about control and knowledge.

so there are some magical things you can do which grant you more control and more awareness.

such as predicting the future.

predicting the future has a similar affect as an observer collapsing a probability function in quantum mechanics by observing something's position.

turn the prediction into a meme, spread it through enough peoples minds, and the prediction becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and manifests itself in the "real" world.

errogores are similar where memes manifest themselves in real life, like bane posting resulting in the cia plane crashing in the bain mountains.

hmm...

you can increase your awareness by tapping into your "schizophrenic sense"
everything is a form of communication after all.

things are communicating all around you in languages you don't understand, open your mind and you may begin to see the mystery.

"it's not what you look at, but what you see"

the USA government messes with this kind of stuff all the time, but they just don't talk about it, see "the men who stare at goats"

don't even get me started on MONEY and what it actually is and what it does and is for.
You can watch the anime "C control" for that one. it has some clues and answers, the guy at the end of the last episode is Lucifer by the way, at least that is what is heavily implied

that's just THIS reality mind you
>>
>>58795
>>59040

the root power of all magic in this level of reality though is causality.

cause and effect is like the god particle of metaphysics in this level of reality, and extends in some shape or form to all other levels of reality, but not to "the truth", which exists outside all levels of reality.

cause and effect is order, totally synonymous to master and slave, authority and submission.

master the art of cause and effect and you will have one of the keys to total control and power
>>
>>59040
Sounds like black magic.
>>
>>59040
>turn the prediction into a meme, spread it through enough peoples minds, and the prediction becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and manifests itself in the "real" world.
That's very different from swinging a pendulum, burning incense or sacrificing a goat in your basement though. Influencing the masses verbally or through imagery is not magic, that's called advertisement.

How does this connect to historical esoteric rituals, which obviously were often done in private.

Certainly someone could be influenced through all kinds of charlatanry in order to believe a certain thing, it's still done today in regards to homoeopathy or other types of nonsense, but there is nothing "magical" about this.
>>
>>59119
>>59040

oh and lies

lies are the key to reigning in and controlling the firey truth that is chaos.

lies, money, causality,

complete knowledge of these, that's all you need to become god like.

>>59160
it's Order magic, not black magic.

there are only two schools of magic, Order, and Chaos.

I am not well versed in Chaos magic as I am only knowledgeable of the false light of Lucifer who wishes he was chaos but is really not divine.

his chaos is rooted in sex, snakes violating boundaries, revealing in their power.

destruction leads to a very rough road but it also breeds creation

and cobain can you here the spheres singing songs form station to station.

it's understood that Hollywood sells kalifornication
>>
>>59119
>the root power of all magic in this level of reality though is causality.
The question remains: how is the specifically performed ritual that is written down in the historic text causally connected to the future event?

Why would putting a needle in a voodoo doll result in a physical change of the person's body? Why would the way the smoke of burning incense looks like tell me about the winning lottery numbers instead of something entirely different?

Don't get me wrong: I do believe that people believed - and still believe - that this sort of thing works. But frankly, there is very little evidence that supports it.
>>
>>59275
all wisdom begins with submission to the gods.

all rituals like the sort you describe are appeals to the gods.

but i'm not very knowledgeable about the study of gods and god hood besides the fact they embody aspects of creation.

the only two gods I bother with are the SUNS Lucifer and Christ.

they are the only ones worth worrying about in my opinion.

my specialty is order magic, my current field of study is money, which is the dynamo of living power described by freemasonry in the higher degrees and is key to most magic, as money is the control of resources and life, and everything requires resources of some kind

"time IS money"
>>
>YOU'RE WELCOME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCjwZfyyBM
>>
I certainly hope OP realises what sorts of crazy people these types of threads attract and vows not to start them any more.
>>
>>59404
All esoteric/occult organisations attract very crazy people in real life too. Occultism and being mentally unstable go very well hand in hand.
>>
>>59357
>my specialty is order magic, my current field of study is money
How about you give us some practical examples of what it is you do then.
>>
>>57695
>>58795
Not a lot of people will admit to this but the whole "magic" aspect of this is something of a smokescreen designed to get rid of people who aren't ready for the complex philosophical concepts of the different occult or mystical traditions, particularly Hermeticism. The alchemical experiments and magical spells were, in my opinion, originally designed as a code for methods of mental expansion. People have gone on to actually try out spells and experiments with little success. The smokescreen worked, hence why the philosophical and religious aspects are rarely discussed. I think it's a great tragedy as occult and mystical knowledge could be of great benefit to society as a whole. The information is out there but you need to dig around if you want to know more. Research Hermeticism and buy some books if you're really curious.
>>
>>59350
I don't subscribe to voodoo of the kind you are talking about

I do subscribe to quantum entanglement though... something to think about

In regards to the smoke, like I said, it's not what you look at but what you see.
the universe is information being communicated to itself via your consciousness and all events are connected.
once we event time travel all points in time will be happening simultaneously.

entropy will lead us to chaos and we will go back to order in the infinite cycal, but I really don't know what I'm saying

most people who preform "magick" tm, have no idea what they are doing and are not well versed.
>>
>>59275
There was a mage and an academic, I forgot her name, who called advertising black magic.

Magic is defined by Crowley as a means for changing consciousness. It's really nothing strange. Some people consider all disciplines magic. Sacrificing goats might be an effective technique for changing a mind.
>>
>>57844
Do you speak of the one eyed face?
>>
>>59292
well it's obvious that SOMEONE read the magic of recluce series.
>>
>>55250
>>55175
anon is it true witches brooms are hallucinogenic dildos
>>
>>59456
>the whole "magic" aspect of this is something of a smokescreen designed to get rid of people who aren't ready for the complex philosophical concepts of the different occult or mystical traditions
I very much doubt that. The "magic" aspect makes it more attractive to gullible idiots. I very much doubt that the purpose of it is to ward off people who supposedly aren't "ready" for some higher knowledge.
>>
>>59484
>Magic is defined by Crowley as a means for changing consciousness.
Magic has been around way before Crowley though so he's hardly the authority here.
>>
>>58395
Hermes, what a man.
There's a few explanations for Thrice Great that I've seen thrown about.
>Master of all three mystical traditions - alchemy, astrology, theurgy
>He was a king, philosopher and priest
>He combines Thoth (the Egyptian god), Hermes (the Greek god) and his own philosophy into one being
A lot of his writings were discredited after the Renaissance because they weren't written when it was claimed they had been, even though they are still older than the Qu'ran and about the same age as the Bible. Some of them were later revealed to have been just as old as it was first claimed but some texts have been attributed to him that were written either by Greek or Roman philosophers living in Egypt.
>>
>>55175
if you see book you like use bookzz.org
to download it for free.

ancient jewish magic
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199840731/obo-9780199840731-0022.xml
messianic though and movements
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199840731/obo-9780199840731-0032.xml
sabbatianism- messianic jewish movement in early modern period
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199840731/obo-9780199840731-0023.xml
Apocalypticism and Messianism
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199840731/obo-9780199840731-0029.xml

Islamic Studies
Sufism- islamic mysticism
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195390155/obo-9780195390155-0081.xml
Isma'ili Shiʿa- form of messianic shiism
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195390155/obo-9780195390155-0121.xml
Ḥusayn ibn Manṣūr al-Ḥallāj- sufi figure
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195390155/obo-9780195390155-0222.xml
Al-Ghazali- important sufi philospher
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195390155/obo-9780195390155-0028.xml

Yates, Frances. The Occult Philosophy in the Elizabethan Age. London: Routledge, 1979.
>A small volume that nevertheless encompasses a commanding range of material relating to the prevalence in England of a “Christian Cabbala,” the various doctrines of occult philosophy, the thought and work of the gigantic figure of John Dee, and the manifestation of these ideas in various dramas and contemporary literature.
http://bookzz.org/book/612477/af9c7e
>>
>>59350
I hear Australian abos have a ritual in which a person who has broken a taboo is cursed and dies in two weeks.

If something is powerful enough to kill a person is it not real? But there are limits. Many cursed Hitler. But if you close your mind, none of this stuff can affect you.

>>59430
It's called spiritual bypassing. Never do magic or spirituality if you are a loser or insane or stupid.
>>
>>59537
It doesn't ward them off exactly. I might have explained this badly. What it does it prevent them from getting to the important bits by putting a wall of bullshit in the way.
>>
>>59462
>I do subscribe to quantum entanglement though... something to think about
And how do you practically do that?
>>
>>59443
I make money and I spend money, same as everyone else. I make investments and I look for returns.

>>59496
I know the man in the sky with only one eye. Self styled snake, Self styled Satan.

I'm just a role player on the stage of all the world

>>59017
Oh black hole sun
won't you come
and wash away the rain?
>>
>>59578
Parry, Glyn. “John Dee and the Elizabethan British Empire in its European Context.”Historical Journal 49.3 (2006): 643–675.
>The imperial writings of John Dee receive an extensive and nuanced analysis in this article, which reveals Dee’s more apocalyptic, magical, and globalist visions as opposed to the confidently expansionist commercial-Protestant tendency that scholars have read into them. Especially effective is Parry’s discussion of the place of these writings, and their reception, in relation to the circumstances of the time.
http://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=%2F1797_34AE70BB7C02C62039FC0CD7B504179D_journals__HIS_HIS49_03_S0018246X06005462a.pdf&cover=Y&code=d05a2552ee9e91a4ae713db408d36660

Webster, Charles. The Great Instauration: Science, Medicine, and Reform, 1626–1660. New York: Holmes and Meier, 1976.
>A classic text that argues for the Puritan pursuit of science and its consequence for modern systems of inquiry. In addition to discussing a wide range of activities he places under the guise of science, Webster traces the interconnections between science, religion, and ethics in a key moment of historical development.

Geis, Gilbert and Ivan Bunn. A Trial of Witches: A Seventeenth-Century Witchcraft Prosecution. London: Routledge, 1997.
>The product of a collaboration between a historian and a criminologist, this study examines the 1662 trial of Amy Denny and Rose Cullender, overseen by Matthew Hale and resulting in their execution. The authors conclude that the trial was an avoidable mockery of justice that historians have tended to overlook in their quest for understanding over judgment.
http://bookzz.org/book/734316/53fd44
>>
>>59562
Who cares? So has capitalism, but I still read Steve Keen.
>>
>>59605
MacFarlane, Alan. Witchcraft in Tudor and Stuart England: A Regional and Comparative Study. 2d ed. London: Routledge, 1999.
>With Keith Thomas’s Religion and the Decline of Magic, a classic anthropological account of witchcraft in Tudor and Stuart England in the county of Essex from 1560 to 1680. Incidents of witchcraft are detailed, as are the courts and procedures, the motivations behind accusations, and the effect of geography, age, class, and gender on the rise of the witch scare.
http://bookzz.org/book/1172060/d77b59

Sharpe, James. Instruments of Darkness: Witchcraft in England, 1550–1750. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1997.
>A scholarly history of the subject that also argues for the distinction of witchcraft or the witch hunt in England as opposed to the continent. Describes the size and distribution of witchcraft allegations across England; though a “woman’s crime,” witchcraft was also a crime in which female accusers were plentiful, and women’s testimony unusually vital.

MacDonald, Michael. Mystical Bedlam: Madness, Anxiety, and Healing in Seventeenth-Century England. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1981.
>One of the best studies of madness and the emergence of psychology as a practice in Tudor and Stuart England, based on the casebooks of the physician Richard Napier. Broader attitudes and changes in perceptions toward mental abnormality are explored, as well as the holistic nature of science, magic, and religion for treatments. The increasing interest in melancholy is also discussed at length.
>>
>>59623
Christian Mysticism
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195396584/obo-9780195396584-0129.xml
Apocalypticism, Millennialism, and Messianism
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195396584/obo-9780195396584-0147.xml
witchcraft
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195396584/obo-9780195396584-0190.xml
Necromancy, Theurgy, and Intermediary Beings
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195396584/obo-9780195396584-0006.xml
>>
>>59602
But have you seen his image in the earth?
>>
>>57646
yes, totally safe.
>>
>>59591
>I hear Australian abos have a ritual in which a person who has broken a taboo is cursed and dies in two weeks.
I read on /int/ that Australian Abos are drunk lazy people who can't even wipe their own asses.

>If something is powerful enough to kill a person is it not real?
If they can curse people to death, how come they haven't gotten rid of the white Aussies then? Would have done us a great favour.
>>
>>59602
>I make money and I spend money, same as everyone else. I make investments and I look for returns.
And why do you call it quantum entanglement then?
>>
>>59656
Are you stupid or illiterate? I articulated that in the very post you quote, and if had the ability to hold more than one thing in your mind, you might have noticed that.
>>
>>59644
I highly suspect he has no corporeal entity and has found a way to jump form consciousness to consciousness or exist in forms even more minute than a thought form.

He controls all
Sees all
It's his world Mr.Anderson

Self styled Snake
Self styled Satan

I lie awake and watch it all
it feels like a thousand eyes

but once again, I'm just a role player on the stage of all the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHUjuJ8zxE

Would you believe me if I told you the world already ended?

>>59599

i'm not really sure, you could make a quantum computer I guess

maybe make programmable matter.

imagine the day when science enables us to rewrite the laws of physics?

sounds like magic
>>
>>59707
So you mean it doesn't actually work most of the time? How do you know that it works at all then? Because a drunk Abo told you?
>>
>>59737
of course all this power requires financing, which is why I study money

lies, and knowledge is power.
>>
>>59737
>i'm not really sure
Didn't you say something about you actually "doing" quantum entanglement? Where exactly comes the magic into play when you do your investments?
>>
>>59591
>I hear Australian abos have a ritual in which a person who has broken a taboo is cursed and dies in two weeks.

Yes this might be due to strong magical link in the Aborigine group ego that metaphysically connects the body and Soul of the people to a single entity so that the Curse might be physically effective.

You do understand how ridiculous these claims sound? The story is 100% bullshit.

>If something is powerful enough to kill a person is it not real? But there are limits. Many cursed Hitler. But if you close your mind, none of this stuff can affect you.

Seems like those curses worked since Hitler certainly did die?

If I fall terminally sick how can I differentiate between a powerful curse or just bad luck?

Most people who spout this nonsense have absolutely no substance behind their claims. 99% of people who believe in this shit can be called out of for their bullshit any time, any place.
>>
>>59738
No. Because it was said by Jordan Peterson, a renowned professor.

If you are obsessed with affecting other people, maybe it's better you don't understand magic.
>>
>>59629
ancient greek spells anyone?
Betz, Hans Dieter, ed. 1996. The Greek magical papyri in translation: Including the demotic spells. Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press.
>The most significant resource for the study of magic in the Greco-Roman world, this translation and commentary of Preisendanz’s collection (see Preisendanz and Henrichs 1973–1974) by Betz and his team provided a starting point for most of the scholarship on ancient magic in the past few decades. GMPT includes some of the Demotic material omitted by Preisendanz, although the alchemical papyri (P. Leyden and P. Stockholm) from the Anastasi collection are not included. Originally published in 1986, this edition includes a new bibliography.
http://bookzz.org/book/683518/c5a44e

Meyer, M., and R. Smith, eds. 1994. Ancient Christian magic: Coptic texts of ritual power. San Francisco: Harper.
>Modeled on GMPT, this collection provides formularies and executed spells in Coptic that seem to come from a Christian religious context. The collection aims to fill the gap pointedly left by Preisendanz, supplying spells that make use of the same kind of procedures as those in the PGM, but invoke Christian figures.

Meyer, M., and R. Smith, eds. 1994. Ancient Christian magic: Coptic texts of ritual power. San Francisco: Harper.
>Modeled on GMPT, this collection provides formularies and executed spells in Coptic that seem to come from a Christian religious context. The collection aims to fill the gap pointedly left by Preisendanz, supplying spells that make use of the same kind of procedures as those in the PGM, but invoke Christian figures.
http://bookzz.org/book/2048571/133c81

moar here:
annotated bibliography on Magic in the Ancient Greco-Roman World
http://pastebin.com/93690e5e
>>
>>59774
Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
>>59774
If I make you believe you are dying, will you die?
>>
>>55536
>Joseph H. Peterson's Lemegeton is another one of my favorites.
Joseph H. Peterson's website is a standard reference, lots of transcriptions of source texts for classical grimoires.
http://esotericarchives.com/index.html
>>
we /x/ now
>>
>>59814
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>59757
everything costs money.

god is in the machine.
the source of all things in on tap
the prince of darkness is a gentleman.

did they get you to trade your heros for ghosts?

i'm sorry you aren't goona get a straight answer out of me

go watch the anime "C control", 11 episodes, worth the watch, it's an introduction to this sort of thing for those seeking the path
>>
>>59861
For you.
>>
>>59810
I've been on various Hermetic, Occult forums since 2004 laughing/calling out bullshit. I have read hundreds of different explanations why Magic/Magick is real.

I believe most of the occult practitioners are legitimately retarded.

Could you actually adress the point how the Aborigine curse may be effective? I am interested in your world-view.

Is there some metaphysical link that results from the Curse to the body of the cursed one?
Maybe the cursed is psychosomatically wounded and dies from a psychic shock?

I'm genuinely interested what kind of crack-pot-theory you are willing to offer for this one. Just asking out for the mechanics of action, please.
>>
>>58764
Interestingly, there is an esoteric tradition different in character from the occult and mystery religion takes. The tl;dr of this kind of philosophic tradition of esotericism is that philosophers loved thinking, and hated social and political repercussions, so their texts are often written with a view to concealing those elements of their teaching that might get them in trouble.

It largely went out of style by the 19th century as a result of the success of the enlightenment esotericist projects (Descartes, Bacon, Spinoza, Hobbes, Locke, Machiavelli, etc.).
>>
>>59889
Answer the question, you fucking retard. If I make you believe you are dying right now, will you die?
>>
>>59737
It's all just a game bro. To find the head of the giant, you must search a satellite image of eurasia. After you see it, you'll get attacked by "archons". It takes quite a while to get through the attacks. 2-3 months. The attacks are scary and it'll feel like you're in serious trouble. The Apocryphon of James has details on how to answer their questions. I didn't realize what was happening to me so I just argued with them. Luckily I prayed for my ancestors to help me and they seem to have gotten me through it. After the attacks end, you'll have visions of your self like a little child being washed by Angels. If I understand correctly, our free eternity starts when the game ends.
>>
>>59906
I've taken dozen of psychedelic-trips during which I thought I was going to die.

Could you be more specific in your nonsense? Dying in what sense? Metaphysical ego-death or the actual physical death of the organism?

Some gypsy had a knife on my throat few years ago and it made me for a few seconds to believe that I might be dying "right now", but I didn't.

Just calling out you for your bullshit.
>>
>>59911

the one eyed mans statue is underneath a highway bridge in seattle

you can google it and find him

as for the archons and everything you said, the game doesn't end until

THE MAN
wakes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n_xCI-peq0

he will not rise
our sentence is not up.
>>
>>57695
>>57695
the way i've come to understand it is that it's a romantic way of looking at the world, where genuine belief in something can shape your perception of events, even if it has no objective basis. Everyone constructs an internal narrative of reality unique to their experiences. These guys take control of theirs.

Imagine you recently discovered that a good friend of yours were secretly attempting to cast spells which affect you negatively. Regardless of whether these spells actually have an effect on you, you would still be alarmed about it. You almost can't help but be worried that there is a chance something might happen from it, in addition to your frustration about his intentions.

Principally, intentions are the foundation of every aspect of our understanding of reality, and if what you presume is neutral forces might not be, then you'll be tempted to take control in whatever way you can.

The real magic is in your perception.
>>
>>59969
Have the psychedelics broken your brain? If you believe you are dying, you will die very soon.

That's hardly controversial. If you argue against that, you can go tell the scientific community placebo is not real.
>>
>>59889
dont give your pigs jewels bro
why would you expect anything worthwhile to be presented to you free of charge?
>>
>>59994
statue is called the fermount troll
>>
>>60030
So a curse conducted in a mass ritual where the "victim" is condemned to die by a curse might kill him due to placebo effect?

How about a ritual/curse conducted on another continent of which the victim could not be possible aware of: do these curses work?

Do you believe in a metaphysical world beyond our own psyche that some magicians are able to access through rituals/meditations and are able to influence this metaphysical world to a degree that they could possibly kill someone who was totally unaware of this curse taking a place?
>>
File: FreemontTroll1.jpg (3MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FreemontTroll1.jpg
3MB, 3072x2048px
>>59994
>>60053
Fremont Troll.
>>
>>60041
>why would you expect anything worthwhile to be presented to you free of charge?

Teach us Your secret, Master! yap my Yahoos.

Then for the hardness of their hearts, and for the softness of their heads, I taught them Magick.

But... alas!

Teach us Your real secret, Master! how to become invisible, how to acquire love, and oh! beyond all, how to make gold.

But how much gold will you give me for the Secret of Infinite Riches?

Then said the foremost and most foolish: Master, it is nothing; but here is an hundred thousand pounds.

This did I deign to accept, and whispered in his ear this secret:

A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY MINUTE.

>Aleister Crowley, Book of Lies, Chapter 88
>>
>>59994
The "gods" made a deal with marduk. They set up this system we have now. If you face that one eyed giant, you can reestablish your connection with the the True God. By the way, the blessing that keeps getting passed around is for women.
>>
File: Ars Goetia.jpg (1MB, 2700x2757px) Image search: [Google]
Ars Goetia.jpg
1MB, 2700x2757px
>>55536
I feel the need to one-up that picture.
>>
>>60088
Think of it like this...

in order for curse that powerful to work, you have to genuinely believe it will. If it didn't, either you fucked something up or had some doubt.

I know this sounds ridiculous because it is
>>
>>60113
are you trying to be obvious?
>>
>>60088
Who knows? You can probably affect people, but your mind and body work full time to keep you healthy.

Look at Sheldrake's studies on telepathy. I had some acquaintances repeat the phone one. It worked.

So if you have an open mind, maybe it might make you sick.
>>
>>60157
I'm trying to explain what the real deal is. All the mystical nonsense is just that, nonsense. Go find the image of the one eyed babylonian head in eurasia and you'll have the key to the biggest mysteries in the scriptures.
>>
>>59784
It's true because a professor said it? I don't know if you've ever sat foot inside a university, but professors aren't exactly infallible.

Not to mention that I'd love to see the source for his claim that Abos can curse people to death.
>>
Kind of bothers me this information is just thrown around and people can be unaware of future consequences.
>>
>>59879
>i'm sorry you aren't goona get a straight answer out of me
So you can't tell me what you're doing?

>go watch the anime "C control", 11 episodes, worth the watch, it's an introduction to this sort of thing for those seeking the path
So you learn magic from watching anime?
>>
>>60491
that anime was made because I had it made.

you could learn something form it
>>
>>60534
You had that anime made? How?
>>
>>60491
Nee age learns magic online.

I used to do lowly magic and usually it has to do with either gain, sex, conjuring spirits, all for some guidence.

The problem is most people come on 4chan or Google and learn "magick" there, and learn about "new-gods" because they "need a little more" but can easily get carried away and trail off in their sorceries. Minor sigils, reading of occult writers, divinations, spell casting, will indeed help you but the caster at one point or another should just realize they were capable already to be in control of their reality without the use of magic, especially the low level evil that comes from Baphomet and not selfless devotion to God above.

Magic also is supposed to be an alchemical way to break through the matrix of reality as are many other approaches to spiritualy, until it became what it is today, so they say
>>
>>60483
please...
>>
>>60559
with money of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcmdu20Q4x4

you wanna learn magic or not?

Lucifer is the god of this false reality

if you go for it be careful not to sell your soul, it can happen, taxes and all that.
>>
>>60644
What you mean please nigga just saying many people can fall into a trap don't even lie everyone who does magic knows the risk involved, but not all do it for a good cause in one way or another, and most people today will use it for bad at some point in their lifetime.

The problem is most new age people don't consider themselves new age, and all the sudden become an "expert" in "occultism" that is just how today it is
>>
>>60674
once you've watched this anime and reflected on it's lessons and secrets, I want you to read the necronomicon and I want you to investigate the church of the subgenuis and the books it offers

if you are prepared to walk down this path of course.
>>
>>60685
I'm not concerned. I'm a chaotic neutral cleric with no weapons.
>>
>>60729
and i'm an artist
>>
Anything by Wouter Hanegraaff
>>
>>60729
It's also something people "forget" they due and live on their lives like nothing happened until it happebs because the spell they cast, when you are not a witch you are yourself to every aspect.

I understand neutrality but something most people don't know at first glance is only to be revealed to them by experience, the happening of some sort
>>
>>59357
Actual freemason here, don't be stupid
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.