[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

frogposting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13

File: nap.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nap.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
Greatest Frenchmen itt
>>
>>5163
Napoleon was a Corsican born of Tuscan decent. Even France's greatest Frenchmen weren't French.
>>
>>5311
He was french you kek
>>
File: foucault.jpg (6KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
foucault.jpg
6KB, 300x200px
>>
>>5163
He was a cool guy, but there's better, such as
Blaise Pascal
Pierre Curie
Louis Pasteur
Nostradamus
Rene descartes

William the Conqueror
>>
File: mysides.jpg (21KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
mysides.jpg
21KB, 360x360px
>>5163
>greatest frenchman
>posts corsican
>>
File: charlemange.jpg (2MB, 4000x2469px) Image search: [Google]
charlemange.jpg
2MB, 4000x2469px
>implying he was German
>>
>>5582
>>5311

Are you actually dim?
>>
BASED

Guillotine nobles and royalist scum

vive la republique
>>
File: Robespierre.jpg (562KB, 939x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Robespierre.jpg
562KB, 939x1190px
>>5695
forgot to post this picture with it
>>
File: 1422880137004.png (39KB, 853x613px) Image search: [Google]
1422880137004.png
39KB, 853x613px
>>5731
>>
>>5311
>>5582
Wtf dudes Corsiscans are French
>>
>Napoleone Buonaparte
>French
Just like Charlemagne is actually Dutch.
>>
>>5586
The countries we know them today weren't really existing at this point in history, so why not. He kinda ruined it by upholding the splitting between the sons tradition though, coulda been an even greater empire.
>>
>>5828
Corsicans are mainly Genoan/Tuscan colonists, they're Italians.
>>
>>5363
>>5630
Why? Because France happened to acquire the island of Corsica within a year of his birth?
>>
>>5989
He told everyone he was french and fought for France
>>
>nobody posted the best diplomat
based Talleyrand
>>
>>5922
Who cares, Corsica belongs to the French, therefore they are French. It's just like saying current Alsacians aren't.
>>
>>6141
>Who cares, Corsica belongs to the French, therefore they are French. It's just like saying current Alsacians aren't
So when africa was owned by europeans, they were europeans, too, or when south americans were under spain they were spanish, too.
You're a retard.

>>6117
Of course he had, or he''d have not been in the position he was at that time, do you think they'd let a guy whose land was sold one year before his birth?

It's a good thing that there's actually a good /his/, because this board is terrible.
>>
>>6117
So? Doesn't make it true. Hitler told everyone he was German and fought for Germany. He was Austrian.
>>
File: 1438489567220.png (16KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
1438489567220.png
16KB, 1152x648px
>>6141
>I sleep in the garage therefore I'm a car
>>
>>6337
>I sleep in the bedroom therefore I'm a bed
>>
He wasn't born french, didn't speak french for the first 15 years of his life and hated France until he got the opportunity to get power in it.

He's also very far from being a great man, much less the greatest French.
>>
>>6295
Colonies aren't the same thing as regions. And if you're talking about French Algeria, well they were considered french.
>>
>>6295
>>6337
All borders and all people are made from previous conquests you retards.
As long as they're not claiming for independance, they're clearly integrated, so it's retarded to say Alsacians and Corsicans aren't French.
>>
>>6407
>He's also very far from being a great man

I'd say he's at least earned that title.
>>
File: tegaki.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>6407
>He's also very far from being a great man

Why?He did almost everything right.
He fixed France and nearly killed England.
>>
>>>1
This guy
>>
>>6700
So by that logic, all of the people in Syria under ISIS control are no longer Syrian. they are members of the Caliphate. Right?
>>
>>6700
Corsicans were fighting for independence before being conquered by France, dumb shit.
>>
>>6967
Are they claiming not to be Syrians ?
>>
>>6700
I don't know if you noticed, but we are talking ethnicity here, not nationality
I mean, sure, nowadays being born in France is considered good enough to be a Frenchmen I suppose, even if you are full blooded Cameroonese, but I don't necessarily agree with that.
>>
>>7005
Just like any people BEFORE being conquered, what's your point ?
>>
>>7091
So what's the French ethnicity ?
>https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoire_des_groupes_ethniques_et_culturels_en_France
In French sorry, but look it up anyway.
His genetic heritage was probably close enough from your average Frenchman for people not to be able to tell the difference. I guess that'd be the actual "limit".
>>
>>5163
looks like a kek
>>
>>5311
More like greatest puppet.
>>
File: arcdetriomphe.jpg (81KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
arcdetriomphe.jpg
81KB, 640x422px
>>5163
Loving this board already 2bh lads
>>
>>7418
Stop shitposting already you fucking retard.
>>
>>7573
>Not refuting the point
You seem mad.
>>
>>7418
Come on dude, ethnicity is of course not an on-off switch, but a Frenchmen is usually understood to be a person which has a significant history of relatives from geographical France, which has surely a various degree of ethnicities, but all clustering pretty close to an average French dude.
Of course n. Italians aren't really that much different from the average Frenchmen, unless you go to Normandy or something, so the difference is almost impossible to really capture without knowing it beforehand, but since we know about his heritage, why not be clear about it?
>>
>>5163
one more reason to hate the french besides being biggest faggots of history just after the greeks
>>
File: Lafayette01_Declaration-sm_0[1].jpg (515KB, 1950x2623px) Image search: [Google]
Lafayette01_Declaration-sm_0[1].jpg
515KB, 1950x2623px
step aside manlet
>>
>>7674
Because people just mention it for meme's sake
>>
File: georgewashington.jpg (259KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
georgewashington.jpg
259KB, 800x733px
>>7705
>>
>>5311
Obama isn't American. Stalin isn't Russian. Hitler isn't German.
>>
>>8467
>Hitler isn't German.
Is this not true? Is he not from Austria?
>>
>/hist/: basically /int/
>>
File: 1409441508370.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1409441508370.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>8467
How the fuck is Hitler German?
>>
>>5828
>>6141
>>6700

>corsicans
>french

they will proclaim to have a different culture, and genetics than french people. Which is true. Napoleon himself was Italian, spoke Italian, and cared little for France beyond what it could accomplish for him.

You can't appropriate the accomplishment of an Island you bought 10 years before a war.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.