[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Famous last words thread? Gib context if it's important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

Famous last words thread?

Gib context if it's important

Irish general Patrick Sarsfield bemoaned the pointlessness of his having fought wars for the benefit of France and England. As he lay dying, he said
>Oh, if only this were for Ireland.
>>
>>41480
Sounds like a mental eijit to me
>>
"Don't worry, we've got this"

>unknown
>>
File: 744161610156163.jpg (47KB, 594x370px) Image search: [Google]
744161610156163.jpg
47KB, 594x370px
>>41480
Marshal Michel Ney, to his firing squad (he had refused the blindfold).
>"Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last to you. I protest against my condemnation. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her ... Soldiers, fire!"
>>
File: Death of Wolfe.jpg (234KB, 1280x901px) Image search: [Google]
Death of Wolfe.jpg
234KB, 1280x901px
Obligatory.

>"See how they run." one of the officers exclaimed, as the French fled in confusion before the leveled bayonets.

>"Who run?" demanded Wolfe, opening his eyes like a man aroused from sleep.

>"The enemy, sir," was the reply; "they give way everywhere."

>"Then," said the dying general, "tell Colonel River, to cut off their retreat from the bridge. Now, God be praised, I die contented," he murmured; and, turning on his side, he calmly breathed his last breath.
>>
Who was that civil war general who was shot just moments after saying they couldn't hit a thing?
>>
>>41697
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sedgwick
>>
>"Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies."
Voltaire on his deathbed when asked to renounce Satan.
>>
File: kvegr0321s.jpg (69KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
kvegr0321s.jpg
69KB, 440x660px
>The city has fallen, but I am still alive.
;__;7
>>
>>41658
Everything about the painting is wrong.
>>
>He died in the midst of the enemy, attended by Pescara, the Spanish commander, and by his old comrade, Charles, duc de Bourbon, who was now fighting on the opposite side. Charles is reported to have said "Ah! Monsieur de Bayard... I am very sad to see you in this state; you who were such a virtuous knight!" Bayard answered,

>"Sir, there is no need to pity me. I die as a man of honour ought, doing my duty; but I pity you, because you are fighting against your king, your country, and your oath."
>>
>>42249
>Bayard
My nigga, that guy was a grade A badass.
>>
>>41638
>implying Marshal Ney didn't escape to North Carolina and live out his days as a school teacher

Also Marshal Murat
>"Soldiers! Do your duty! Straight to the heart but spare the face. Fire!"

Why isn't there a good Rome style TV series that characterizes all the Marshals of Napoleonic France? It would be golden.
>>
>>42357
>Why isn't there a good Rome style TV series that characterizes all the Marshals of Napoleonic France? It would be golden.
You have no idea how much I want this.
>>
>>42161
Par for the course in these matters, innit?
>>
File: nnn.png (18KB, 322x353px) Image search: [Google]
nnn.png
18KB, 322x353px
>>41638
A shame how France executed one of its greatest generals
Dude knew what was going to happen as soon as Waterloo was lost though
After he betrayed the king for Napoleon, defeat meant death
>>
File: da-vinci-profile.jpg (143KB, 650x393px) Image search: [Google]
da-vinci-profile.jpg
143KB, 650x393px
> "I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have."
>>
File: Murat2.jpg (155KB, 613x708px) Image search: [Google]
Murat2.jpg
155KB, 613x708px
>When the fatal moment arrived, Murat walked with a firm step to the place of execution, as calm, as unmoved, as if he had been going to an ordinary review. He would not accept a chair, nor suffer his eyes to be bound. "I have braved death (said he) too often to fear it."
>He stood upright, proudly and undauntedly, with his countenance towards the soldiers; and when all was ready, he kissed a cameo on which the head of his wife was engraved, and gave the word — thus

>"Soldiers! Do your duty! Straight to the heart but spare the face. Fire!"[10]
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.