[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today is all saint's day. Whose your favorite saint?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 14

File: hc-romania-saint.jpg (97KB, 334x450px) Image search: [Google]
hc-romania-saint.jpg
97KB, 334x450px
Today is all saint's day.
Whose your favorite saint?
>>
>>40931
Saint Benedict.

We know the pope will be deified in a hundred years, so it is best to start praying to him now.
>>
Probably Aquinas as I really like his writings.
>>
Thomas Aquin. He was analytical and he loved food, what's not to like? Also, I love Dominican habits.
>>
>>40931
>Today is all saint's day.
It's actually at the first Sunday after the Pentecost. And that's June 26th for this year.
>>
File: Joan of Arc.jpg (1MB, 770x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Joan of Arc.jpg
1MB, 770x1062px
Saint motherfucking Joan of Arc obviously not even a contest.
>>
>>41079
>>41147
Don't forget he could fly
>>
Clause
>>
>>41264
This guy gets it
>>
>>41167
Only if you are a Byzanboo.
>>
Judas Thaddaeus, patron saint of desperate cases and lost causes.
>>
File: alpius[1].jpg (376KB, 900x1296px) Image search: [Google]
alpius[1].jpg
376KB, 900x1296px
My boy Simeon

>your favourite saint doesn't even have a bitchin pillar he lives on
>>
>>40931
Augustine
>>
Longinus

I'm not entirely sure why, but in Brazil, if you lose something, you say something like "Saint Longinus, if you find my X I'll hop three times for you"

And then you find whatever you were missing and hop three times

(If you don't you're a massive faggot by the way)
>>
St Edmund. That guy got fucked up by vikings and turned into a pincushion of arrows.
>>
Saint Moses the Black.
>>
>>41264
>board is just a few hours old
>see Joan of Arc mentioned a dozen times already

Official /his/ waifu?
>>
>>40931

There are obviously two: Cyril and Methodius you fucking heretics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Cyril_and_Methodius
>>
File: saint-christopher-1524.jpg (467KB, 1264x2026px) Image search: [Google]
saint-christopher-1524.jpg
467KB, 1264x2026px
Saint Christopher, the giant.
>>
File: kowalchyk-st_francis1.jpg (176KB, 786x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kowalchyk-st_francis1.jpg
176KB, 786x1024px
St. Francis of Assisi.
Dude shook up the established church and got back to the basics. Some of his prayers/writings also really distill what Christian service is about.
>>
>>40931

Also, what about St. Petersburg the great (city)!

lol
>>
>Symeon played all sorts of roles foolish and indecent, but language is not sufficient to paint a picture of his doings. For sometimes he pretended to have a limp, sometimes he jumped around, sometimes he dragged himself along on his buttocks, sometimes he stuck out his foot for someone running and tripped him. Other times when there was a new moon, he looked at the sky and fell down and thrashed about.
>His ministry also included trying to save a man whose eyes suffered from leucoma. Jesus had previously used saliva and clay to cure a man of blindness, and when the man with eye disease approached Simeon, he anointed the man's eyes with mustard, burning him and aggravating the condition to the extent that he reportedly went blind.
>>
File: tgz7a.jpg (90KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
tgz7a.jpg
90KB, 640x457px
>>41699
>>
>>41640
please do it
>>
>>41264
Did Joan of Arc ever perform a miracle?
>>
File: 1444483989767.jpg (48KB, 336x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444483989767.jpg
48KB, 336x600px
>>41699
Didn't he bring a deer or some other animal back to life once?
>>
File: Saint Ignatius.jpg (104KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Ignatius.jpg
104KB, 300x351px
>>
File: Saint_Patrick.jpg (309KB, 800x1237px) Image search: [Google]
Saint_Patrick.jpg
309KB, 800x1237px
The saint that I was named after
>>
>>41458
Serio? As pessoas ainda fazem isso? ou é uma costume em processo de morrer?
>>
>tfw protestant
Am I even allowed to pray to saints?
>>
>>41395
>Gets an open wound
>Maggots start eating his flesh
>Some of them fall out
>He puts the maggot back in
>>
File: st james moor killer.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
st james moor killer.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
James the Moorslayer
>>
File: anna[1].jpg (50KB, 286x426px) Image search: [Google]
anna[1].jpg
50KB, 286x426px
>>41640
>not Anna Kommene
>actual Historian
>Born in the Purple
>>
James. I walked a pretty long distance to see his bones and had a good time doing it.
>>
>>43131
Nobody's stopping you, but if you prayed to saints you certainty wouldn't be "protestant."

But if you prayed to saints that necessarily doesn't make you catholic. The catholic church only recognizes saints through canonization, it doesn't create saints nor does it worship them. Spiritually only God creates saints.

Even though the majority of the saints are catholic I can imagine if you live a virtuous life and pledge your will and service to Jesus you can pray to saints.
>>
>>42870
>não conhece são longuinho
>>
St. Jude, patron saint of lost causes
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.