[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Voyeur Cams | Click for more| Home]

>Your king didn't create the greatest written language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.
Voyeur Cams

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Sejong.png (212KB, 299x340px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sejong.png
212KB, 299x340px
>Your king didn't create the greatest written language of all time
Sucks to be you guys
>>
>>40929

>It's so great the masses need a simplified version of it to have any hope of writing for a living
>>
>>40964
You're thinking of the Chinese, anon.

The man in OP knew Chinese characters were shit.
>>
>>40964
It's Korean you idjit.
>>
File: RAF.gif (2MB, 328x268px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RAF.gif
2MB, 328x268px
>>40929

>ching chong chinaman and the greatest language of all time
>>
>>40929
>wanting dirty commoners to read

Even a dirty foreigner like me could learn to sound out korean.
>>
>>42488
Oh, I know. I did it. It's great, I don't know why other cultures didn't do a similar thing.
>>
>>40975
Traditional Chinese is patrician-tier and kept the plebs illiterate. Korean is for the unwashed masses.
>>
>>42488
That was the point. Hangul alphabet was created to be learned in one day.
>>
>>42630
That's a bad thing, you idiot. You want to be able to convey the most information to the most people possible. Keeping people from learning shit was a big reason why everything sucked for most of humanity's existence.
>>
>>42794
>China, Japan, Korea had been using Trad Chinese characters for millenia.
>China, Japan have no problems using it for popular instruction. Besides its good for bureaucracy (specially in Multilingual China).
>Both Edo Japan and China ran schools based on teaching it
>Korea has problems with it
Why is Korea such a middle child of East Asia t-b-h
>>
>>42630
That was one of the many reasons that China became stagnant and let the european states take the lead.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.