[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Senior thesis' and WW1 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: t6G1LvkCTZVFVfSUsRuy1dcn.jpg (254KB, 1600x1283px) Image search: [Google]
t6G1LvkCTZVFVfSUsRuy1dcn.jpg
254KB, 1600x1283px
Hello /his/

I need some help!

I'm in the process of writing my senior thesis, however I'm considering scrapping it because it's boring, I can't find enough sources, and the topic is not interesting enough for me to get motivated.

I instead decided to focus on WWI, however as most of you scholars out there know, a question for a thesis needs to be asked, addressed, and proved using respectable sources.
I need help finding a question about WWI to ask in a "why" or "how" form. The topic needs to be searchable from America and it also needs to be somewhat original.

Really need some opinions! Thanks!
>>
>>3397531
Can't you just ask your proffessor for help?
>>
>>3397531
Why were G*rmans so fucking retarded that they thought enlisting the aid of M*xicans would help them?

It should be easy to find sources about German autism and M*xican cockroachism.
>>
>>3397545
lol
>>
>>3397545
A war to make US busy, but it would probably be a blitzkrieg for US, Mexico never recovered from the previous war in which they lost all relevant land.
>>
>>3397531
Serious question: What is a thesis?
>>
>>3397545
That's a pretty interesting way of putting it.

It'd be actually pretty fucking funny if my question was, "why were the Germans so fucking autistic, that they thought provoking Mexico to attack the US would be a good idea?"

But on a serious note, that is a realitive topic to look into, thanks anon! By any chance know of some books?
>>
>>3397576
A thesis is a paper that is required by undergraduates in some fields to achieve their degree. It is supposed to be a well thought out and original idea. It should be a paper based on a certain topic and narrowed down to a very specific idea or question. It should then be backed up by a large amount of research consisting of primary and secondary sources such as old news papers, old photographs, census', journals, posters, documents and many other things from that time period, as well as books that have been written on similar ideas and topics, and peer reviewed or scholarly articles.

It's basically the stepping stone of history buffs who are students to becoming actual historians where instead of learning you are actually creating and formulating opinions and thoughts pertaining to history as it has been told. A thesis is also kind of like a introduction of how a historian should write books.
>>
>>3397577
I found this
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=E20142D2B5E7097DD4883F1C60BBBE78
>>
>>3397625
Cheers anon!
>>
>>3397609
Interesting. Thank you
>>
>>3397531
Do your own homework child.
>>
>>3397609
Not the same guy who asked the previous question, and I never went for a history degree, but one question concerning academia always bugged me.

How do you cite to a negative? Say you wanted to do something on the German plans to defend against an Anglo-Allied invasion in France (talking WW2). You had the famous disagreement between Rommel (who wanted a defense right at the beach front) and Rundstedt (who wanted one further back).

I've looked into it somewhat, but not academically. But suppose I wanted to write a paper about their spat, and I want to say that

>Runstedt has never mentioned how Rommel's plan was tried at Salerno.

And while I don't want to pretend my research has been exhaustive, it has been at least somewhat extensive, and I'm pretty sure Runstedt, when mustering arguments for his position, never used that one. If it had been an argument he used, I can cite to a memo. But how do you cite to the lack of something happening?
>>
>>3397809
If someone did do an exhaustive research that didn't find anything, you cite that. If not, you're doing original work and don't need to cite anything. Just present your results and how you arrived to them (ie which sources you checked, etc.)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.