[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can you tell me about Samaritans /his/? Are they the true

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Samaritans.jpg (39KB, 518x336px) Image search: [Google]
Samaritans.jpg
39KB, 518x336px
What can you tell me about Samaritans /his/?
Are they the true branch of Judaism?
What have they been up to for the last 2000 years?
>>
>>3393746
>calling Samaritans a branch of judaism
That's like saying Orthodoxy is a branch of Lutheranism
>>
File: samaritan-israelite.jpg (198KB, 803x668px) Image search: [Google]
samaritan-israelite.jpg
198KB, 803x668px
>What can you tell me about Samaritans /his/?
The Assyrians conquered the Israelites in the North, renamed it Samaria. The Israelite inhabitants became known as Samaritans. When the Assyrian occupation ended, the Israelites in the South, the Jews, basically accused the Northern Hebrews of being Assyrian frauds. They beefed for a while but got along better than either did with any of the occupiers.
>Are they the true branch of Judaism?
They have a more accurate alphabet, but it can't be considered Judaism. It's Samaritanism, both were branches from Yahwism, but it's much different. They still do the same rituals they did thousands of years ago. They have their own Torah which is slightly different from the Jewish version. It's pretty interesting to read.
>What have they been up to for the last 2000 years?
Living under the thumb of whoever was ruling them. The Christians were brutal to them for the most part (except the Crusaders who liked them because of the Good Samaritan story), and Arabs were even worse to them. They have always described Arab rule as the worst part of their history because they weren't considered People of the Book because the Quran never mentions them. They were outright slaughtered many times.
>>
>>3393746
>Are they the true branch of Judaism?

Sort of. They maintained their old customs and were mostly replaced when the others returned from the Babylonian Captivity.

Then later we get Rabbinical Judaism, the modern dominant form, and... it's not older than Christianity.
>>
File: samaritans.jpg (522KB, 2522x1629px) Image search: [Google]
samaritans.jpg
522KB, 2522x1629px
"""Samaritans""" are European infiltrators who pretend to be Hebrews to push a Zionistic agenda. Look at these white boys, they clearly aren't from the Middle East, nor do they have a drop of Semitic blood in them. They are here to try to convince us Israelites had light skin, which would have been impossible.
>>
>>3393771
The Samaritan Torah agrees with the Septuagint in some places but also apparently shows some 'censoring' in verses where things that they felt could be seen as immodest take place.
>>
>>3393857

How can we tell censorship from lack of embellishment?
>>
File: c1110cf6a998c8712ab342ebd1117e64.jpg (298KB, 1181x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c1110cf6a998c8712ab342ebd1117e64.jpg
298KB, 1181x1000px
>>3393847
Feck off /pol/tard b8ter.
Sure Jews might be different from Samaritans and Yeshua wasn't a Samaritan.
>>
>>3393871
Not sure but it would depend on how they square against the DSS, LXX, and the MT.
>>
File: HEBREWS-IN-EGYPT.jpg (56KB, 625x361px) Image search: [Google]
HEBREWS-IN-EGYPT.jpg
56KB, 625x361px
>>3393876
>/pol/
I don't hang around white supremacist forums. """Samaritans""" are literal Anglo LARPers, look at >>3393771, I can see his British eyes. If anything, white supremacists like the ones on /pol/ would love the Samaritans because they conform a Eurocentric worldview. Ancient Hebrews were black, get over it.
>>
>>3395222
>I don't hang around white supremacist forums
>wrote this on 4chan

Nice try Jamal
>>
>>3393746
They're the closest modern genetic proxy we have to how the ancient israelites would have looked. Though now they've gotten so inbred that they have been forced to marry out so that may not last for too much longer. A bunch of them have been killed by her byzantines and others. Many more have left the community; converting to Islam, or Christianity. There are literally like 800 of them left. I doubt there will be any left by the end of the century.
>>
>>3395994
>I doubt there will be any left by the end of the century.

Not true. They have tons of Slavic concubines pumping out as many Samaritan babies as they want.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.