[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it is the current year >he STILL isn't polyamorous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

>it is the current year
>he STILL isn't polyamorous
what's your excuse, anon?

>Why is it that sexual exploitation and violence against women and children is highest in those cultures (primitive and modern) that are characterized by punishment of pre-marital and extra-marital relationships? And conversely, why is it that those cultures that permit pre-marital and extra-marital sex are peaceful and non-violent cultures?

>Specifically, in my study of primitive cultures, I found the following statistically significant social-behavioral characteristics of cultures that punished pre-marital and/or extra-marital sex: 1) slavery is present; 2) low female income; 3) personal crime is high; 4) kin group is patrilineal; 5) wives are "purchased"; 6) sex disability is present; 7) intensity of sex anxiety is high; 8) castration anxiety is high; 9) bellicosity is extreme; 10) military glory is strongly emphasized; 11) killing, torturing and mutilation of enemy captured in warfare is high; 12) a high god is involved in human morality; and 13) supernaturals of the culture are aggressive and violent.

>The opposite patterns of behavior were found to characterize those cultures that accepted pre-marital and extra-marital sexuality. For any objective observer of contemporary cultures, it is apparent that the above patterns found for primitive cultures also characterize modern cultures. The greater the sexual restrictions on the female the greater is the violence of that culture. Why? And what are its implications for a major reconstruction of the male-female sexual relationship; the family and children; and society?
>>
>>309830
Was the shitstorm the last thread descended into not enough for you? Do you really have to repeat it?
>>
>>309843
There are Stirner threads everyday.
>>
File: NnoGhN1.gif (1MB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
NnoGhN1.gif
1MB, 350x191px
>>
>>309830

No, you know what? Let it happen. Let's see the inevitable shitstorm. I want to observe the contortions of logic involved as it enters the mainstream. Then, I'm gonna rip on it until I die. Cause it's inherently unstable, elitist and violent.
>>
Do we really need this thread again?
Can't you even give it a day before starting a new one?
>>
Also I would like to clarify some things:

Polyamory isn't about hedonism, unless you define hedonism as seeking to maximize your own benefits without pain, in which case it would be hedonist

African americans in slums do not remotely practice polyamory

Polyamory should serve the purpose of freeing women from the dominance of monogamy. Polygyny as it is practiced in the muslim world isn't polyamory, nor close to it, since their system serves to subjugate women even further.
>>
>>309830
Who wrote that with what SJW agenda?

Where did they get their data?

What study of primitive cultures?
>>
>>309877
>>>/r/polyamory
>>
>>309885
http://www.violence.de/prescott/bulletin/article.html
>>
>>309889
Correlation =/= Causation
>>
>>309899
In this context, what you are saying would be literally the same as saying that death by bullet correlates with the gun being shot, but isn't the cause.
>>
>>309912

He would argue that you're correlating the number of pirates with climate change. But hey, knock yourself out.
>>
File: polyfail.jpg (903KB, 1315x1784px) Image search: [Google]
polyfail.jpg
903KB, 1315x1784px
people getting btfo by poly
>>
>>309830
Show me one culture which was highly advanced and practiced polyamory and I might agree. Meanwhile I will list some cultures which didn't practice polyamory:

>Ancient Greece, Rome, Successor Kingdoms, Egypt, Qin/Han/Tang China,
>>
File: polyfail2.jpg (170KB, 942x385px) Image search: [Google]
polyfail2.jpg
170KB, 942x385px
>>
>>309830
>>he STILL isn't polyamorous
>what's your excuse, anon?
I prefer patronizing hookers.
>>
>>309938
Jesus that was painful to read. He should've gone to TheRedPill subreddit instead of failing at poly.
>>
>>309830
>being a kek
>>
So far I have not met a polyamorist who was not in toxic codependent relationships with multiple forms of armchair psychology
>>
>>309877
>Polyamory isn't about hedonism,
Then what other reason is there for sex?
>>
>>310351
Polymissionary for the purpose of procreation only.
>>
Holy shit post more poly fail, that stuff is great
>>
>>309938
>this one guy is bad at X
>thus X is shit

Wrong for any X.
>>
>>310345
When what you do is questioned by pseudo-intellectuals every day you kind of have to develop such a relationship to get by.

Its a reaction to toxic opinions and advice being pushed when nobody is asking for them.
>>
>>309938
>she got dressed and drove to her FWB
KEK
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: polyfail3.jpg (567KB, 711x1251px) Image search: [Google]
polyfail3.jpg
567KB, 711x1251px
>>
>>310821
This is really their own fault for not dealing with these problems before getting married. Actually, that's the problem with most marriages. If you befriend (not "befriend in bed," but actually become close platonic friends with) your prospective spouse and agree on your values and what you want out of the relationship it will probably go just fucking fine. Most people who can get to that point will know if the marriage is worth it by then.

Also don't marry sluts.
>>
>>311117
Marriage has been turned into a commodity when it's suppose to be like a job.

<Insert rant about liberals here.>
>>
File: Granny Hunter.jpg (183KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Granny Hunter.jpg
183KB, 640x640px
>>309877
>Polyamory isn't about hedonism, unless you define hedonism as seeking to maximize your own benefits without pain, in which case it would be hedonist

"Polyamory isn't about hedonism, unless you define classical hedonism correctly, in which case it would be hedonism".
>>
>>311128
It absolutely is a job. It's a contract you make with somebody to be lifelong companions and to raise each other's children. Anyone who treats it as something else is in for a nasty surprise at some point down the road, unless they managed to find the most perfect angel to marry. A job doesn't have to be a chore. You can love your job even if it's hard work. Fuck, I see all these people around me getting divorced and being so surprised, it just makes me incredulous.

Also, I feel like a "night /his/" is starting to develop, when the memery dies down a bit and we get more "real talk" and good discussion, both on-topic and off, as the posting rate drops. Maybe I'm delusional or just overly nostalgic for other boards where there used to be a "night board" that was perceived to be better quality.
>>
>>309830
>the new left keeps justifying their shitty behaviors so they can feel good about being shitty people
Go back to being fat, lazy, stupid and cry about how the reason things are wrong with your life are to blame on the ebil system.
>>
Monogamous relationships are a byproduct of the economic and social model ever since the invention of agriculture and a sedentary lifestyle. They are thus deeply rooted within most of our cultures and hard to leave behind.
The thing is that we life in a time of prosperity and peace now, at least when compared to earlier ages. We have the possibility to abandon categorial thinking, personal property and monogamous relationships and leave them behind.
Though it will probably take a couple hundred years to completely arrive in a society like that.
>>
>>311139
I don't know how romanticism grew so out of control. For it to have taken root, there first would have to have been a sense of undeserved self worth among the population. From that, people gain the ability to casually brush off the words of intellectuals, because they have the sense that their own feelings are just as valuable. This results in people who will not participate in life unless you market it to them, and marketing anything else to them is just as easy because they believe themselves impossible to mislead.

But where did that initial wave of uncalled for pride come from?
>>
File: 1446294702018.png (77KB, 542x535px) Image search: [Google]
1446294702018.png
77KB, 542x535px
>>309850
How is that at all comparable? Stirner was right about everything.
>>
>>311172
I don't know honestly. I have the feeling it has something to do with the rise of the educated, but not particularly intellectual middle class in the west. Or perhaps it is a direct result of the so-called sexual revolution. I find the latter a bit disconcerting though, since reproductive equality between the sexes would, in my opinion at least, provide more incentive for fomenting trustful and healthy relationships between spouses. I'm more inclined to believe that the rise of the middle class, or what we now call the middle class but was in centuries past in fact the upper echelons of the lower class, to the same level as the traditional middle class, the well-educated burgher-types who were not quite aristocracy, but had their own businesses and were well off, has given them that sense of pride you refer to. It's the fault of advancing technology and the proliferation of rights and privileges once permitted only to the aristocracy and the moderately wealthy down among those of modest means, those who would in English terms be called the yeomanry and free peasantry. They would have the education required to develop intellectualism. but unlike the higher classes who were encouraged towards it only those who were truly interested would pursue it.

There's a good chance I'm just spewing garbage though. It's early in the morning after Thanksgiving and I have to admit modern social history isn't a strong point of mine. This is just what appears to be the case to me.
>>
>>309830
>>Why is it that sexual exploitation and violence against women and children is highest in those cultures (primitive and modern) that are characterized by punishment of pre-marital and extra-marital relationships? And conversely, why is it that those cultures that permit pre-marital and extra-marital sex are peaceful and non-violent cultures?
But that's not true.

Papuan and australian aboriginal tribes were basically rape central yet they were very "polyamorous"
>>
>ctrl+f: Wilhelm Reich
>0 results
>>
Didn't you get BTFO in the other thread already?

Why start another one?
>>
>>311539
Nobody refuted me. It was all "I don't like it and that's final"

>>311493
wasn't that the guy that kept talking about some type of sexual energy and tried proving it to Einstein? his case is a strange one, with the supposed pseudoscience going around with his investigations he sure did attract the attention of the FDA an awful lot.
>>
>>309830
>he thinks monogamy is primitive
Why are you on /his/ when you know dick shit bout anthropology? You can't honestly think that food was all we shared when we were hunter-gatherers. Why do you think we have the biggest primate dicks? Leading explanation: benefit of orgies.
>>
>>311595
I do know that. I also know that there's a theory going around that suggests women moan during sex in order to arouse other males and get them to fuck her. Just goes on to prove that monogamy isn't ingrained in us. I can only wonder how such practices hasn't lead to massive genocides on the human race due to sexual repression and abnormal behaviors.
Oh wait.
>>
>>311117
Sometimes it isn't apperant that they're sluts from the beginning. Like in the case of >>309938 the woman was faithful during the entire marriage, but the moment they agreed to a poly relationship, slut mode was engaged.
>>
>>309946
Why did you list Ancient Greece when they had daddy-dom homolust and hetaira?
>>
>>311137
I found this amusing too
>>
>>311601
I never thought about it in such a way, but I wonder if the entire history of Europe boils down to
>you needa get laid, sulla
>you needa get laid Clovis
>you needa get laid Barbarossa
&c.
>>
>>311614

The problem was the women. women need to be allowed to have many lovers and not be shamed for it.
>>
>>311621
No they don't. Human kids require a long time to grow up and able to take care of themselves. That's why it comes in handy when dad sticks around, he can provide food and protection. So how does mum keep dad around? With the promise of permanent sex. However, dad also has his own interests, he only wants to take care of his own offspring. If mum sleeps around, he doesn't know if the kids he takes care of are his. If not, he's wasting his time. That's why monogamy is important and natural in a relationship.
>>
>>311621
>The problem was the women
I don't buy that the way you presented it. Obviously being a woman has mostly sucked, but I don't see how that effects anything other than the king's ear and wars of succession.

If you mean that in the way the Greeks portrayed women as a Zeus's punishment to man for being too happy about their all-male utopia devoid of hate and war; I'll buy it.
>>
>>311621
No. These kek men need to man up and not let their lives be run by women. It's been known that women house had multiple partners are less likely to stay monogamous.
>>
>>311621
What would "women being sluts" cause "men being less violent"?
And how does your "theory" deals with African American neighborhoods? The women there are very sexually liberated. And they are among the most violent areas of the developed world.

Actually, you don't even have good evidence for what you say, only a shit tier study that is everything a study shouldn't be.
>>
>>309830

I love and enjoy my wife. Living a monogamous life with her is much more fulfilling than when I was sleeping around with multiple partners.

On a different note, to be honest, most people I meet that define themselves as polyamorous usually look like people who did not get laid much in high school, and definitely never look like people who could get laid by anybody by just walking into a bar or club.

To rephrase, you never see Chad's or Stacy's defining themselves in that way, they just sleep around.

This whole fad just seems to be another thing that bored upper middle class millennial try to entertain themselves with in order to not be bored, and to feel like special snowflakes.

Also, I have never experienced people who are actually living a truly happy polyamorous relationship, it is just constant drama about emotions and also a lot of times a lot of beta males gravitating around one 6/10 chick that has learned to define her lifestyle intellectually against current social norms.
>>
Here is a comprehensive list of all the kinds of people into polyarmory. Note that these categories are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

1) Couples where the husbands are c ucks whose wives cheat on them
2) Couples where the wives are female c ucks whose husbands cheat on them
3) Fat wiccan couples
>>
>>311661
This is going to sound very funny, but the literal reason is because their mothers didn't give them enough hugs and kisses. And breast-milk.
>>
File: 1448230915339.jpg (63KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
1448230915339.jpg
63KB, 547x692px
>>309947
>My husband wants to date my mother
>>
>>309830
>>it is the current year
>he didn't even use 2015
TOP BAIT
O
P
B
A
I
T
>>
>>311915
Well, it is the woman's daughter the guy was first interested in. Supposing the years have been kind to her she should be a faithful replica of her offspring so it doesn't seem that absurd..
>>
>>309947
>tfw this madman found a loophole where he can fuck his wife's hot mom while she's still in her prime

BASED
>>
bamp
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.