[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it fair to say that Protestant beliefs (salvation through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png (411KB, 2753x1400px) Image search: [Google]
The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png
411KB, 2753x1400px
Is it fair to say that Protestant beliefs (salvation through hardwork) created the modern world?

how come traditionally Catholic countries/empires (Spain, Poortugal, etc) in history have comparatively shit colonies compared to Protestant ones?
>>
>>307486
>Is it fair to say that Protestant beliefs (Space for secular affairs) created the modern world?

ftfy.
>Salvation through hard work
>Protestant
Muh faith alone and all that bullshit.
>>
>>307486
Were Dutch colonies better than the French or Spanish ones? Seems to me it's just a British thing.
>>
>>307486
Because 95% of all the "Protestant" colonies you are referring to happen to be originally British and got all the pleasant habitable lanlater ds (America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa)

The Netherlands only had Indonesia
>>
Its more of the fact that Albion is incredibly perfidious and Spain wasted a lot of its resources trying to colonize the netherlands
>>
>>307685
South Africa was for a while, but it doesn't really count given Quebec doesn't count for France.

Otherwise no.
>>
Hard work created the modern world. No religion has a copyright on the concept of hard work.
>>
yeah its a pattern: Protestants made it good, Catholics had a moment of glory and Orthodox are practically savages on par with Islam.
>>
Only the British Empire had decent colonies
Even then, they fucked up like half the world
>>
France: Catholic, not shit
Germany: mixed, not shit
Austria: Catholic, not shit
Ireland: Catholic, not shit
England: basically Catholic in all but name
It's more that the factors that enabled Protestant princes to assert themselves were the same factors that enabled a modern market and an efficient bureaucracy (i.e. a strong, centralized state in which technocracy could trump patrimony).
>>
>>307742
Who else would you want to rule half the world? The Jews? The Rothschilds?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.