[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /actuallybelievesthebible/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: johnny mac.jpg (275KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
johnny mac.jpg
275KB, 1600x1065px
Who /actuallybelievesthebible/ here?
>>
>>304046
People worth saving.
>>
>Believes Noah's ark
lel
>>
>believes in moses and the exodus
kek
>>
>>304046
Just gonna say not even a little, but then I'm generally an atheist, atheist-agnostic if i meet an autist.

>inb4 this is a religion thread

you need to see all the no's for the yesses to have any meaning.
>>
>>304046
As in, verything happened literally as it's written? No, you have to pretty silly to believe it like that. The message as a whole is pretty neat, though, I really like Jesus' philosophy and for all the flak people give the old testament there are a lot of nice wisdom nuggets spread trough it.
>>
>>305082
>>305085
fuck off prostie
>>
>>305113
I went to an Irish-Catholic school.
We were taught by everyone that the bible is a series of parables and metaphors that tell us how to live our lives, and that the old testament should always be taken with a bucket of salt.

Only idiots believe in creationism and a literal interpretation of the bible, you don't get them in countries with good public education in the sciences.
>>
>>305116
My God is Catholicism heretical, why not just chuck the Old Testament in the garbage, or the whole Bible for that matter?
>>
>>305116
Lol you did not get taught catholic at that catholic school my friend.
>>
>>305116
This is preferred over the narrow approach that Protestants take to the bible.
>>
>>305085
Read "Pharaohs and Kings: A Biblical Quest"

Moses might've been a real person, even if without performing miracles.
>>
I do, Although I'm extremely dispensationalist.

If you look at ancient Egypt you will find they are an extremely symbolic and metaphorical culture. It's the nature of their language and culture itself. For example a pharaoh may have the name "he who shoots" which not only means he is a great archer but that he ejaculates as well as having other double meanings. The Bible is the same way. If you read the song of solomon you will find coded metaphors and symbolism depicting extremely gratuitous sexual acts. It's not so much that this symbolism is because they were trying to be polite but rather it is a different perspective of reality. Their very thought process was poetic or at least the writers were. Long lists of ancestors, their names and the ages they died, detailed measurements and instructions of temples all have a deeper meaning.

All of the stories in the bible deal with attaining spiritual enlightenment, they feature struggles of different facets of life which can be referenced back to by the common man in a understandable fashion. Noahs ark is a story not only about starting over again but also protecting what is dear to us and keeping the most important things such as purity and faith in high regard.

I do not see much difference between religions. Jesus is the archtype for the connection between God and man. Jesus taught that you must become like him, one with God, and this would result in entering the kingdom of heaven which Jesus stated is within you, very similar to Buddhist teaching.
>>
>>305972
>extremely symbolic and metaphorical culture
Are you the same guy with the metaphorical skin colors?
>>
>>306001
No. I believe Egypt was ruled by various different races at different periods of time.
>>
I think the stuff that happened in the latter part of the old testament, ie. the book of judges and all that, had a smidgeon of actual historical figures in it.

Lots of events/people in the gospels are true, besides the miracles and such. Pontus Pilate existed, and so did a dude claiming to be the Jewish messiah.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.