[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me about the kurds /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

tell me about the kurds /his/
>>
>>303415
Well, they are a group of peoples speaking a group of Iranian languages who live primarily in Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran, and who aren't welcome in any of those states.
Hence, they want to have a state for themselves in that area, which the surrounding states won't allow because muh territorial superiority.
They especially don't get along well with Turks, not even in Germany.
>>
File: hamidiye.jpg (62KB, 800x589px) Image search: [Google]
hamidiye.jpg
62KB, 800x589px
>>303415
>migrate out of Iran into the future Arab world
>displace Assyrians from their homelands, inhabit them as their own
>work in service of various empires
>fellow nomadic group enters area and dominates politics :D:D
>work in service of this group for a long time
few hundred years later
>nomadic group has been a state for awhile (Turkey)
>Turkey hires Kurds to harass and eliminate Armenians as punishment for Armenian support of Russian invaders
>Kurds do it (absolute madman)
A few decades after the Armenian Genocide:
>Kurds get buttmad that they aren't successful as Arabs or Turks
>"better start some wars!!!111! :D
>Kurds get their shit rekt
>Saddam Hussein invades Kuwait, angering his former masters in Washington
>Kurds allow US to stage invasion of Iraq from their land
And that's how Kurds went from nomadic mercenaries that stole Assyrian land and partly conducted the Armenian Genocide, to an oppressed people that need your political support or else they'll be holocausted by ISIS (even though they have plenty of weapons and are completely free to work with the SAA and Iraqi Army against ISIS)
>>
>>303415
Saladin was a Kurd
>>
>>303474
Epic you've cracked the case
>>
>>303574
He's mostly right
>>
>>303474
You know Kurds are doing a lot of the ground fighting against ISIS already right? They're preparing for an assault on Raqqa as we speak.
>>
>>303474
its not so much ISIS but turkey that is the problem. Who am I kidding not like theres a huge difference desu.
>>
>some kurds say they come from the Medes
>some say there was a tribe called the Carduchi
>some say they come from the Gutian people
>the word "kurd" originated from the arabic language to describe tribes of iranian nomads a.k.a mountain gypsies
poor guys not only has no land to call their own but no history or origin either
>>
>>303583
I didn't say they aren't.

But where is the credit to the Syrian and Iraqi soldiers and Hezbollah? They're fighting ISIS while also fighting Wahhabi-lites. Instead of media praise, they get slandered as murderers and cowards (kinda ironic in contrast to the kurds).
>>
>>303583
So? This is not the first time someone hired their services
>>
>>303415
They're one of the semi-nomadic pastoral peoples that inhabit in Iran and east anatolia. Some of those peoples are of iranian stock, others turkic. The kurds are iranic, related to their neighbours the luris and the balochis of east iran and pakistan. They never had a state, just some semi-autonomous chiefdoms under the suzerainity of different empires. Sassanians, Selyukids, Safavids, Ottomans. There's some notable kurds on history like Saladin and his uncle, but not a lot of them.

>>303474
Surprisingly accurate considering the obvious bias.
>>
>>303474
Every people deserve their own nation-state that is sovereign and for their people.
Even Turks and Jews.

Also "Displacing Assyrians" my ass, the northern mountain ranges in Mesopotamia has always been inhabited by Iranian peoples.

t. 19th century liberal nationalist
>>
>>303603
>Syrian
To be honest I don't think most people know who exactly is doing what when it comes to the Syrians.

>Iraq
Theyre generally only covered for their fuck ups but are still given some credit for trying. I have seen media sources saying the Iraqis are putting up a fair amount of fight in the effort.

>Hezbollah
You and I both know that Israel will never allow that.

I'm not saying I disagree with you. Only that the last part of your post made it seem like Kurds are fully capable of defending themselves yet are doing nothing while asking for other countries to solve the mess. Which isn't true.
>>
>>303627
>You and I both know that Israel will never allow that.

I'm not for paranoia, but in this case it's clear that you could have solved the whole post by just posting this sentence.
>>
>>303621
As a Turk that supports an independent Kurdish state, I'm amazed how they are portrayed as progressive feminist freedom fighters
>>
>>303645
So you are willing to give them like 1/5th of your nation, Osman?
>>
>>303621
>Even Turks and Jews.
Turks have several nation states. Jews walked into trouble when they began migrating en masse to the Holy Land, which had been under Arab control for centuries.
>>
>>303656
No, they have retarded claims but we can do 70%. Won't have to listen Armenians cry about Mt. Ararat anymore too.
>>
>>303627
>Only that the last part of your post made it seem like Kurds are fully capable of defending themselves yet are doing nothing while asking for other countries to solve the mess. Which isn't true.
My point is that they refuse to work with anyone else, except for the Wahhabis being imported by the US and Gulf states.
>>
Kurds are a very interesting subject. I can recommend the scholarly acceptable book of McDowall: A Modern History of the Kurds.
They are a remarkable ethnicity, very different culture from their neighbours. The amount of passion they have in their daily tasks, and in their politics and poetry. They value 'freedom' or Azadi as they call it. the struggle is the word with which they refer to their national struggle or in kurdish: xabat (With the x pronounced like the gh in ugh.)
Bottom line is: They have been divided by the mandates and states created from them. They have been fucked over by their brothers after indepedence from western nations and suffered greatly during pan-arabism and other arab chauvinism. Likewise under Kemalism or the Pahlawis. You can't blame them. It's not even 100 years since they got divided yet, there is time to change their situation. And right now they are doing it surprisingly better than others in the region.
>>
Kurds are cool.

t. Turk
>>
>>303415
I'd love to but Erdogan is wiping them out as we speak.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.