[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good comparisons of the ancient to classical irrigation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: Pont_du_Gard_Oct_2007.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pont_du_Gard_Oct_2007.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
Are there any good comparisons of the ancient to classical irrigation systems?

Also Roman Irrigation > Chinese Irrigation > Indian Irrigation
>>
>>302846
Chinese toilet paper > Roman Public Buttsponges >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Indian Hands.
>>
File: meanwhile in India.jpg (664KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in India.jpg
664KB, 2048x1536px
>>302846
>Indian
>irrigation
>>
File: 1445979985945.jpg (609KB, 999x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1445979985945.jpg
609KB, 999x1086px
>>302870
Can someone explain to me why India turned into this? What has to happen in a culture for it to develope such unhealthy relationship to shit.
>>
>>302846
>spend developing a complex irrigation system
>when you have some of the biggest rivers in the world and the monsoon to water your crops.
but this is a shitposting thread.
>>
>>302902
that is a clickbait article
but then everyone is here for their meme fix before fucking off back to /int/ or /pol/ and spamming kuck or deciding who is white
>>
File: the face of India.png (1020KB, 1038x643px) Image search: [Google]
the face of India.png
1020KB, 1038x643px
>>302870
>>
File: 1446234830361.jpg (405KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
1446234830361.jpg
405KB, 720x340px
>>302911
>>
>>302902
Overpopulation, an excessive reliance on feudalistic aristocracy despite the royals being stupid as fuck, loosing all access to their history, you know the usual
>>
>>302919
man, you really should go to reddit and get those upvotes.
>>
File: 1446330334557.png (2MB, 2394x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1446330334557.png
2MB, 2394x1446px
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33980904

>People who live in the slums of Chandoliya in Ahmedabad use the railway tracks to do what most would do only in private, especially early in the morning before the crowds and the heat develop.

>"We've made public toilets but people still don't use them," said Anil Prajapati, chairman of the Gujarat Sanitation Development Organisation.

>"Some of these people fear that there are witches inside or that their children will be kidnapped.
>>
File: IMG_2621_copy.jpg (620KB, 2048x2996px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2621_copy.jpg
620KB, 2048x2996px
>>302846

where does Inca irrigation fit?
>>
>>302902
You are now aware that every human culture on the planet was at about this level of hygiene up until very recently.
>>
>>303217
Mesoamerican Irrigation>> Roman irrigation >> Chinese Irrigation >> Indian irrigation >> what else exists?
>>
>>303318

Well there are tons of different ancient oriental irrigation systems, there is Ankor Wat, I think Mohenjo Daro which might count as Indian Irrigation, ect.

I don't think that we can have an actual discussion about this though without some statistics like argricultural output and climate conditions though, thats why I asked for a good comparison souce.
>>
>>303348
Guess you're just supposed to make your stand for what you personally prefer.
>>
>>302934
Why is it that Indians think it is in poor taste to talk about birth control but perfectly okay to squat in public and take a dump on the ground?
>>
>>303367
>Girls are icky.
>And there's nothing icky about taking a good quadridaily shit in your immediate surroundings
>>
>>303367
Patriarchy.
>>
>>302902
Mughals and brits fucked their shit up
>>
>>303348

In all seriousness, we would need actual data and investigaton and all that, of which I know little of. Not sure any good sources but there has to be some, I know for sure some Aztec aqueducts are still in working condition but the Aztecs are fairly recent in history
>>
>>302902
Their industry was destroyed by the brits who wanted to turn the country into a purely labor force
>>
Why is it that I know absolutely nothing about India except that the Mughals invaded and then the British bribed their way into controlling the country? Did India not exist before the Mughals?
>>
>>303968
Indians were all philosophical and thought writing was for the material world which they were all so keen to leave.
Much of their ancient history comes from chinese and persian/arabic sources and their travelling logs
>>
>>304147
Were they generally peaceful?
>>
>>304235
Mostly, yeah.
They just kinda built stuff, wrote stuff, shared culture, etc. until they had to fight.
Overall pretty chill, shame what's happened to the place.
>>
>>302902
Most of their capital was drained away by the Brits.
>>302846
Somalia had the best medieval water system
>>
>>304415
>one of the world's oldest civilizations
>one of the world's oldest religions
>one of the world's best growing land
>just laying about meditating for millenia
>pale skinned snow-niggers keep ruining everything
Poor India.
>>
>>303968
india as a country didn't exist before the british raj either, so talking about it's history before that is futile. it would make more sense if you asked about a specific empire/kingdom in the region
>>
>>306744
It's the principle of pigment permanence. If a white person isn't looking at something then that something doesn't exist.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.