[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Tizian_014.jpg (109KB, 1016x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Tizian_014.jpg
109KB, 1016x1335px
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

What did he mean by this?
>>
Christs may come and Christs may go, but Caesar is forever.
>>
>>301241
Play the game.
>>
He's reponding to people trying to trick him into taking a side in the Roman/Judean conflict.

He's pretty much saying he doesn't give a fuck about politics.
>>
>>301241
It chimes in with "my kingdom is not of this world".
>>
>>301241
he's saying to be a good little jew and stop revolting against rome... greatest way to control messianic jews who kept revolting was to create a messiah who told them to stop
>>
>>301241
He is basically advocating for the separation of religion and state. But at the same time it's implied that what Jesus has to offer is better than the gold coins of the Caesar.
>>
> Caesar the things that are Caesar's
Thats like stately, earthly things (e.g taxes), its trying to show that Christians should abided by the laws of the state.
>God the things that are God's
What do you owe God? Your soul lad. You owe God your eternal devotion.
>>
>>301282
This
>>
File: 666spiral2007_knot.jpg (162KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
666spiral2007_knot.jpg
162KB, 1024x690px
>>301241

pic very related
>>
File: 1417214858855.jpg (26KB, 442x479px) Image search: [Google]
1417214858855.jpg
26KB, 442x479px
>>301241

He meant "fuck this world" I'm the most special schizophrenic snowflake ever and I will bring about - within the lifetime of my followers - the apocalypse.

It didn't happen and he was just another failed messiah.
>>
>>301241
>What did he mean by this?

Pay taxes.
>>
File: 1.jpg (66KB, 750x751px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
66KB, 750x751px
>>303862
>>
File: a666spiral.jpg (146KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
a666spiral.jpg
146KB, 1024x690px
>>303868
By manipulating the money markets Rome was able to extract all the wealth of the peoples for nothing.

It is why he overthrew the Money Changers tables.

Today America does the same thing by first tying up the entire world with Breton Woods, and then replacing the Gold Standard with the $ Dollar.

America literally invents wealth/currency out of thin air and then extracts all the wealth of the peoples for nothing.

Literally Economic Slavery.

Give unto America what is American. Don't give them your wealth for nothing.
>>
>>301241
This is a very important and valid question, that seems like only one other person in this thread has tried answering.
He was simply stating a basic fact quite plainly, to respect the rights of caesar and the rights of God. The Pharisees were trying to trip him up because in Judaism at that time it was believed to be sacrilegious to admit the Romans were youe rulers, but Jesus makes the distinction between them.
This is one of those truths that's hard to explain really in depth, but that you get it yourself the more you think about it on your own.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.