[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best guerilla fighters in history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: asym.jpg (119KB, 610x413px) Image search: [Google]
asym.jpg
119KB, 610x413px
So, we're steeped in asymmetrical warfare right now but...

Who were the best guerrilla fighters in history?

I'd argue it would be either the Vietcong, Afghan mujahadeen or IRA but... I feel like it might actually be another movement. Thoughts?
>>
>>299439

The Spartans
>>
>>299452
When were they fighting a guerrilla war though?
>>
>>299459

Against Helots.
>>
>>299464
...their slaves?
>>
>>299439
Ahmad Shah Massoud. If there were only an Arab Sunni version of him in Syria the FSA would have taken Raqqa from ISIS by now.
>>
>>299439
Probably Mao.
>>
>>299476
Oh yeah, the Northern Alliance were definitely not

>>299480
Against the the CKS regime I imagine?
>>
America during revolutionary war
>>
Yugoslavs during WW2.
>>
Actually, TECHNICALLY, that would be modern Americans....
>>
>>300064
he said guerrilla not gorilla
>>
File: General Peng Dehuai.jpg (17KB, 220x283px) Image search: [Google]
General Peng Dehuai.jpg
17KB, 220x283px
>>299480
>Mao
You mean Generals Zhu De and Peng Dehuai? Who were the real military masterminds of the CCP?
>>
>>300072
What did the El Salvadorans fight with? How did they fight? Eh?
>>
>>299439
Are IRA even considered guerillas? They're more terrorists?
>>
File: tito.jpg (92KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
tito.jpg
92KB, 640x352px
>based NOB
>>
>>299971
This
Actually I hate Yugoslavia and everything with Yugoslavia. But partisans were unbelievable good
>>
Genghis Khan used a force of 2 000 horsemen to keep attacking and retreating a force of 80 000 soldiers. He dragged them 200 miles under the course of 9 days, denying either a direct confrontation or the opportunity to rest. He eventually finished them off with an ambush of 18 000 soldiers.
>>
>>300171
hehe, nob
>>
>>300000
>>
>>299439
Tito's partisans, without a fucking doubt, god tier guerrillas.
>>
>>300208
>Tito's partisans
Yugoslavian partisans were amazing even before Tito overtake and United them.
>without a fucking doubt
We'll hard to say actually mongols guerillas and cossack were pretty good too.
>god tier guerrillas
Totally agree
>>
File: 22261762[1].jpg (368KB, 1200x827px) Image search: [Google]
22261762[1].jpg
368KB, 1200x827px
>>299439
Ukrainian Insurgent Army is up there, especially since they fought essentially everyone and were encircled by enemies since '44.
>>
>>299439
>>300170
>IRA

Early IRA stemmed from a combination of desire to be free from British Rule and the oppression of Catholic civilians in the North, I believe. Catholics in Northern Ireland were shit all over on a constant basis, and the Early IRA acted as a defence against them which would rise into a guerilla force against British Occupation.

Unfortunately, by the time the mid to late Troubles arrived they had devolved into mindless thugs behind a dead ideology. Modern versions of the IRA or other paramilitaries are just criminals and nothing more.

That said, when they were in their prime they were regarded as one of the most feared guerilla forces on the planet.
>>
>>299439
Viet cong
>>
>>300342
They were basically destroyed by the US (and thanks to NV authorities sort of sacricifing them), I wouldn't put them too high. Others mentioned here (like Yugoslavs) were more successful, lasting, and did not get btfoed.

>inb4 american vietnam memery
Viet cong, not the North Vietnamese.
>>
The OG geurilla force:The Spanish
>>
>>300091

Why the fuck do people try discredit every little thing about Mao?

He knew how to guerilla war or else he wouldn't of been anywhere near a position of power
>>
>>299439
Spaniards, not only invented the guerrilla tactics during the Cantabrian wars, they have fought several armies using those tactics (Romans, Muslims and French). Napoleon used the term "Spanish ulcer".
>>
>>299967
Stop with this meme
Line battles with uniforms n shit =/= guerrilla
>>
>>299439

IRA before they went full retard.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
He held off the biggest, baddest army West of China and was so badass Muslim Albania still sees him as a national hero despite him being Christian.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.