[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reproduction and Childbirth.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Can we have a discussion on the morality of reproduction? I myself believe that it is incredibly immoral to have a child if you are not capable of raising a child correctly. I am not an outright antinatalist, but I am determined not to have children because I am a mess. I also harbour deep feelings of loathing towards my parents for giving birth to me. I would not like to create such another being.
>>
I agree with you, and I say that as someone who grew up with very supportive and loving parents.
The injustice of growing up in a shit tier/abusive household horrifies me.
Knowingly throwing into existence a life that is sure to suffer is pretty much equivalent to harming that life directly.
>>
>>298232
Thank you for being understanding. Most people do not appreciate how important this decision is for me. People have actually claimed I am selfish for making this decision.
>>
Having a child is a responsibility. If you cannot take care of your child, you shouldn't be having any children. Its the same way with pets. If you can not take care of your pets, you should not own one. This isn't just food/shelter, but health care and social/emotional development.

An to a future extent, this will apply or rather should apply to the creation/ownership of AI robots.
>>
>>298300
OP here, I think that it is definitely an interesting idea which you have. I do not disagree with it in a moral sense, but this idea you have of the potential synthesization of a new race sounds somewhat odd. Could you explain what you mean by this?
>>
>>298324

SOCIOCULTURAL SELECTIVE PRESSURE IN FAVOUR OF ASEXUALITY WOULD EFFECT CORRESPONDING BIOGENETIC CHANGES THAT WOULD BE BOTH, CUMULATIVE, AND HERITABLE.

A WORLD POPULATION COMPRISED EXCLUSIVELY OF BETTER PERSONS, WOULD INEVITABLY PRODUCE BETTER CONDITIONS, AND THEREFORE A BETTER WORLD.

TYPICAL NATALISTS, ARE EITHER MALEVOLENTLY, OR JUST IGNORANTLY, OPTIMISTIC; TYPICAL ANTINATALISTS ARE EITHER MALEVOLENTLY, OR NIHILISTICALLY, PESSIMISTIC; THE FORMER CONTINUES TO BRING PERSONS INTO EXISTENCE WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION, AND WITHOUT PURPOSE, THE LATTER IS INTENT ON STOPPING ALL FURTHER REPRODUCTION, BUT ALSO LACKS THE VISION, AND THE PURPOSE OF THE FORMER.

THE ULTIMATE PURPOSE OF "NOBLE NATALISM" IS TO RESOLVE THE NEED FOR HUMAN MATERIAL EXISTENCE BY FULFILLING THE HUMAN TELOS, WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD REQUIRE MANY GENERATIONS, THEREFORE REPRODUCTION WOULD BE A TASK PERFORMED UTILITARIANISTICALLY, DELIBERATELY, AND OPTIMALLY; BOTH TYPICAL NATALISM, AND ANTINATALISM, ARE MUTUALLY DIVERGENT ASPECTS OF A SAME CONCEPT, AND THEY ARE BOTH MATERIALISTIC.
>>
>>298438
>"... BUT ALSO LACKS THE VISION, AND THE PURPOSE OF THE FORMER."

I MEAN: "... BUT ALSO LACKS THE VISION, AND THE PURPOSE AS THE FORMER."
>>
You do know shit can happen that can mess up the good environment you are raising a kid in? Like both parents die, war and illness.

You have to favorites in chaos bro.
>>
>>298208
I'm the same, but only because I have genetic diseases including cancer. I'll reproduce, but only once I'm settled with a nice girl and can afford to have my sperm sorted through to select one that doesn't have my cancerous markers.

Reproducing when you are completely aware of having horrible diseases is nothing short of revolting and wretched. You just damned a human to decades of suffering because of your lack of control.
>>
>>298489
>to have my sperm sorted through to select one that doesn't have my cancerous markers.

THAT IS NOT HOW GENETICS FUNCTIONS.
>>
All behavior traits are hereditary.

Therefore, good people should have children and bad people shouldn't.

Simple.
>>
>>298208
I agree, but such a position entails the creation of social structures to give meaningful life stages to those without children.
>>
>>298495
yes you can
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preimplantation_genetic_diagnosis
>>
>>298563

1. THAT PROCESS INVOLVES THE EMBRYO, NOT THE SPERMATOZOA.

2. IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO ANALYZE AN INDIVIDUAL'S PARTICULAR GENOTYPAL CONSTITUTION FROM A SINGLE GAMETE; SUCH ANALYSIS IS POSSIBLE, AT ITS EARLIEST, IMMEDIATELY AFTER CONCEPTION, WHEN THE ZYGOTE IS ALREADY FORMED.
>>
>>298438
the problem with that is you're assuming a continuing high level of social organization enough to incetivize reproduction in the absence of sexual desire.
>>
>>298438
also I disagree that humanity has a telos other than that which individuals decide for themselves.
>>
>>298717

TELOS IS UNIVERSAL AND GENERAL, AND NOT SUBJECT TO INDIVIDUAL, NOR PARTICULAR, FACTORS, SUCH AS WILLPOWER, OR LOGIC; WHAT VARIES IS PURPOSE, NECESSITY, AND REQUIREMENT, THE THREE OF WHICH ARE INDEED SUBJECT TO INDIVIDUALITY, AND TO PARTICULARITY.
>>
>>298501
seems like smart people are thinking too much that they wont have kids.Such is a world we live in
>>
>>298438
Stop typing in fucking all caps. Nobody reads your shit as it's a literal eyesore.

Fucking tripfags.
>>
I don't want kids because I couldn't stand to have a daughter

You literally spend a quarter million dollars raising this thing for 18 years and then hand her away to the first chad with a sports car
>>
>>298972
Seconded
>>
>>298998
damn as much as i want to disagree with this, i can't help but feel this way also.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.