[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DDR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

Discuss the rise and fall of this regime.
>>
I don't know if there ever was a rise, but the fall was certainly hlarious
>>
>>29807
What was so funny about it?
>>
>>29813
Honecker trying to hold to the power he thought he had until the last second.
Russians ruining everything thinking they would fiw everything
One single clueless guy ruibing 40 years with just one sentence on TV
All the damage control
>>
>>29813
Communism.
>>
>>29766
Nothing of any importance besides hypermasculine still-technically-female athletes.
>>
>>29766
because a nation named after a game weaboo faggots enjoy cannot stand
the end
>>
They had the best anthem of any country ever. It should have been the anthem of a united Germany.
>>
I'm guessing a lot of East Germans miss the DDR now in 2015.
>>
1998 - The 'Dance Dance' Revolution shook the town of Bomont...
>>
>>30016

Agreed.
>>
>>29852
>One single clueless guy ruibing 40 years with just one sentence on TV
Care to explain? I was born in '92, fair to say I have no recollection of the Cold War.
>>
>>29766
Breddy gud.

They conserved and maintained Prussian traditions fairly well, and nowadays are the closest to the original german culture.
>>
>>29766

was the GDR the ultimate meme state?
>>
>>30178

Schabowski by accident said that the borders would open right now when asked by a reporter, which nobody knew about.

"Das tritt nach meiner Kenntnis...ist das sofort, unverzüglich."
>>
>>30028
In fact, it's the West Germans who miss it. Some people are still salty.
>>
>>30254
Isn't Merkel from East Germany? I guess that makes sense then.
>>
>>29766
Probably the least repugnant aspect of the DDR was its support of women's liberation in the form of equal pay and parenting. 1953 was the best chance for a DDR, and as Brecht observed, perhaps the government had better had elected another people.
>>
>>30178
Honecker resigned because he was getting old, was tired of Russia interfering in his decisions, the protestation movements in Berlin and Nuremberg were getting more and more support and many rumors were running about how he might open the boundaries.
he resigned without any warning so Moscow sent a sockpuppet (Egon Krenz) and during a TV intervention a couple days after he arrived, he dropped the spaghetti. the interviewer asked him about the time there would be more traffic through the boudary and, since he wasn't prepared, he replied without thinking something like "If I'm not mistaken, it should happen right now".
he was referring to a looser regulation of controls, everyone misunderstood and that's how, in one night, you had people tearing the wall of Berlin down.
>>
>>30313
>women's liberation in the form of equal pay

That doesn't really mean much when everyone gets equally shitty pay.
>>
>>30234
>>30316
Interesting, thank you.
>>
>>30234
I was looking this Schabowski guy up on wikipedia after reading this thread, and apparently he died today. Weird coincidence
>>
>>30316

That was Günter Schabowski.

That guy died today by the way.
>>
File: 1796625-rance.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1796625-rance.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>30016
Indeed best anthem ever. And such posterity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GauhWG340dI
>>
>>29766
I'm glad I was born in West Germany, but you must consider some things: What would have happened if June 17th 1953 would have been successful?
A reunited Germany which now wants the Eastern territories back. It's not like the Russians were the only ones who were expansive.
The US declined the Stalin note which would settle for a reunited, neutral Germany in favor of expansion. Why have a neutral Germany if you could have the entire Germany anyway soon? Their "magnet theroy" was almost successful because the DDR was much weaker and people wanted to go to the West.
To wrap this up, it was shitty living there, but people shouldn't forget that it was an important counterpart.
>>
>>30475

Fuck off with your off OT shitposts
>>
>>30351
>That doesn't really mean much when everyone gets equally shitty pay.

To speak in terms of sociology as a humanity:

It tends to mean a lot in terms of domestic violence and marriage as a trap. Equal pay is the basis for access to rental and escape from male dominated households.

Whether this is desirable or not is a political issue, but equal pay is the basis of women's liberation in the sense of their fullness as a subject inside capitalism.
>>
Don't know much about their empire but they used to make sick model trains
>>
>>30525
They also made cheap computers that you could assemble by yourself, these things were all over Austrian universities and highschools during the 1980ies.
>>
>>30512
>To speak in terms of sociology as a humanity:

Please don't.
>>
why was the DDR so effective at transforming east germany?

compare religious rates, support of left wing and extreme right political parties, east germany is way different from west.

why wasn't it as effective in other iron curtain countries like poland? are germans just more efficient at everything?
>>
>>30590
East Germans are much more opposed on average to the refugee invasion, so unless you support that position I'm not sure what your point is.
>>
>>30586
So don't raise the sociological issue and admit that women in East Germany were freer from domestic violence than women in the west. Don't defend the wage slave system in order to smuggle in anti DDR propaganda either.

Tu quoque, sir.
>>
>>30744
>So don't raise the sociological issue and admit that women in East Germany were freer from domestic violence than women in the west.

[citation needed]
>>
>>30590
Because the Stasi was infinitely better than its counterparts, mostly because it recieved masive fundings from the USSR since they thought their job would be harder in a country that close to the border with the rest of Europe. Berlin didn't help either.
>>
>>30206
I think Rhodesia is more memetastic
>>
Interesting thing about the DDR is that it has maintained a consistent influence on East German life to this day. Despite what we may say about the triumph of capitalist liberal democracy, an extraordinarily large percentage of the East German population say they miss the old community spirit of the DDR and still emphasize a lot of what they owe to it to this day (particularly very progressive sex ed classes) the way East Germany votes is still in particular in line with the politics of the era.
>>
>>30790
Try Goodbye Lenin for starters.
>>
>>30919
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostalgie
>>
>>30586
please don't shitpost
>>
File: 89titaniczonengabicuke250pxw.jpg (29KB, 250x340px) Image search: [Google]
89titaniczonengabicuke250pxw.jpg
29KB, 250x340px
>>30206
yes. west-germans send tourists over to watch ossis (easties) in their natural habitat.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.