[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone is born an atheist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: 1447698744890.gif (449KB, 318x239px) Image search: [Google]
1447698744890.gif
449KB, 318x239px
>everyone is born an atheist
>>
>>296654
>is birthed
>"there is no God!"
>>
sure
>>
File: 1448362030440.png (16KB, 589x107px) Image search: [Google]
1448362030440.png
16KB, 589x107px
Even worse...
>People are born polytheists and don't realize it
>>
>>296654

> Dogs and cats are atheists
>>
>>296654

But no one is born with the capacity to explicitly deny the the existence of God. In fact, when you are born you probably aren't even sentient enough to realise the concept of God. This is not the same as being 'atheist'.
>>
>>296813
The broadest definition of atheism is "lack of belief in a deity" so yes that would include babies, dogs, and cats.

It's sort of a meaningless phrase though. Everyone is born not believing or understanding basically everything.
>>
>>296797
Based.
>>
>>296797
Fedora Pope is right.
>>
>>296654
>everyone is born a Monist.
>>
I know this feel.

As a kid my friends were pretty much atheistic until one's parents told him that Judaism is true, and the other was told Christianity was true.

I asked my parents what's true and they said "fuck if we know, don't believe everything just cuz someone said it's true".
>>
Obviusly not since there is a religion for every mud shack on the planet, even isolated islands
>>
>>296654
>everyone is born without a gf
>>
>>298281
Everyone is born without knowing that feel.
>>
>>296797
>be clock boy
>sort of make a thing
>get national media coverage
>win free ticket to nearly any college or tech corporation
>get forgiveness from everyone who thought you did wrong
>get all sorts of other stuff
>still wants fifteen million
That smug fuck is actually right today.
>>
File: max stirner pepe.jpg (26KB, 331x334px) Image search: [Google]
max stirner pepe.jpg
26KB, 331x334px
>>298328
tfw, tfw is nothing but a spook
>>
Everybody's born shitting their pants too. Your point?
>>
>>296813
>>296821
>>298530

We are born atheists - born without a name, born without any personal thoughts, any morals or principles.Along the way we start to mimic people around us, listening to what they say and realizing the meaning behind it.

Now, I am not one of those punk/anarchy retards but let me put it like this:

The society forces all of these things - morals, ideologies, thoughts and in the end - religion, and for most people these things stay as long as they live.In case of many plebs, they don't take the time to actually ask themselves what do they believe in and what are their principles.

So, in a society where these things are not forced on us in a way, we would all be born atheist and stay atheist and we would be born without morals or principles but possibly find them on our own through the years.

If you are born in a Christian family, ask yourself would I be Christian if I was born in an Muslim or other religious family.
>>
>>298648
Nah. I already established back here
>>298243
We'd all be radical monists.

Also, because we're all born radical monists, there's no external 'society' to force anything on 'us'. So clearly none of that shit ever happened.
>>
>>298475
Spook is nothing but a spook.
>>
>>298678

Explain
>>
>>298698
He's probably a Lacanian.
>>
>>296654
>>>/pol/
>>
>>298698
We're all born not distinguishing between objects, with no notion of a trans-temporal self, or for that matter the progression of time, or belief in the possibility of logical absurdities like induction and motion.
>>
When I grew up, I didn't hear about God or religion in general until I was maybe 10 or so.
Not that my parents were atheists or anything, but they didn't go to church or anything.

By the time I was old enough to understand what exactly the concept of God was, I had grown up learning about science and dinosaurs. I spent my formative years watching nature documentaries and stuff.

So I thought the whole religion thing was pretty dumb. I was an edgy atheist teen as well, since I grew up in the Bible Belt.
Now I can understand why people believe in God but it isn't for me.

I just find a universe with God very boring and lacking in beauty.
>>
>>298648
No you wouldnt, youd get fucked by natural selection and eventually use religion as a means of control like everybody else.
>>
>>296654
Where did religion come from?
>>
>>296654
I think the word you're looking for is apatheistic, being an atheist means to reject the existence of any deity. When you're born, you don't have a concept of what deities are.
>>
>>298796
Usually, as a way to explain natural events (ie: Who makes the thunder, who makes the wind, etc)
>>
>>298796
People believed that all of nature had consciousness like themselves, I mean why not?

Over time they attributed supernatural power to these spirits.

Considering how often nature hurts us, it was thought that these unseen powers could be appeased with certain rituals. Like people.

Gods and demons are reflections of the worldview with a given people. Look how many Japanese monsters are dirty and rude, everything the Japanese hate. Or how chaotic and absurd Greek monsters are, fucking tribes of WOMEN ruining everything and mixed up animals.

Look how much more grim Mesompotamian mythology is compared to Egyptian mythology. Mesopotamia kinda sucked, flash floods and droughts 24/7. Nature was hostile and indifferent. So naturally they believed in a host of capricious deities and ouright hostile demons. The Egyptian gods were far more kind and protectors of universal order, like the safe and stable Nile Valley.

You can't forget that people tend to exaggerate things. "Chief Vingrothic was awesome! He saved us from the Gashu tribe! And...killed dragons! Yeah, and he had cool powers! No fuck that, he's actually the spirit in charge of the Stars!"
>>
>>298796
Religion is a means of control invented by the priest bankers
>>
>>298943
Not just smart people. Everybody. And means of control arent always bad. Remember the word bad means that the average application of something doesnt have a good net hedonist result across a population. Remember that survical is hedonistic.
>>
File: eat mushrooms.jpg (110KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
eat mushrooms.jpg
110KB, 600x378px
>>296797
>People are born polytheists and don't realize it
but... but... it's true...
>>
>>296654

>Everyone is born with blind faith that a god or gods do not exist

I dont think so
>>
>>300910

You, however, were apparently born with a blind faith in comfortable strawmen
>>
>>298530
But you're born without pants
>>
>>301014
#rekt
>>
>>301014
I was actually born with corduroy pants.

>>300919
It's more like we're born not knowing anything other than the most basic of instincts. Certainly not with the understanding necessary to either reject or accept the idea of divinity
>>
>>296654
So atheism basically arises out of sheer ignorance and inexperience. Makes sense.
>>
Time for a related history I guess

>be me (biologist)
>doing some communal work
>showing some plants and stuff to some school kids
>show them the plants and mostly explaining to them the characteristics of families
>they ask my why are there so many different plants?
>random kid say that it is because God made them
>*worries intensifies*
>I dont want to say something "stupid" and have a problem
>the rest of the kids laugh at him and tell him that he is an idiot, that its because "ivoluton"
>mfw

I was surprised, granted, there are not many religious fanatics in my country but we are culturally catholic, most people dont even think of mixing religion and science, but for kids to think like that was interesting.
>>
>people saying "people are born atheist" in response to the idea that its needed to accept the existence of some some being to be considered theistic
>the only solid refutation of both parts of this is through Classical Theism, which the people who say that stuff on both sides disregard or fail to know anything about
>>
>>296654
Pretty much. Despite what some of the retards in this thread seem to think, atheism is lack of belief in god or gods, not rejection of the notion or concept of a god. There's no set creed or anything with atheism aside from that one idea.

The only differentiation with newborns is that their atheism is implicit instead of explicit. The lack of belief remains the same in either case though.
>>
File: 1434470145063.png (301KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1434470145063.png
301KB, 500x333px
>>301890
>solid refutation
>Classical Theism
>>
>>298249
I wish I had your parents.
>>
File: 1430062735306.jpg (192KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1430062735306.jpg
192KB, 640x480px
>the "everyone is born atheist" argument inherently implies that atheists are babies
>>
File: Rk1qiU9r_400x400.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rk1qiU9r_400x400.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>302696

>babbies who don't know a single thing at least know better than most adults on the topic of theism
>>
>tfw everyone is born solipsistic
>>
>>302696
no, it implies babies are atheists
>>
File: 1444697449704.jpg (49KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1444697449704.jpg
49KB, 500x365px
>>302745
If your argument makes you willingly admit that you are nothing more than a baby that never developed, how can your argument be right?
>>
File: 1438731451756.jpg (151KB, 795x556px) Image search: [Google]
1438731451756.jpg
151KB, 795x556px
>>302785

>Implying I admitted anything
>Impliggity giggity
>>
File: 1444783310284.png (608KB, 945x574px) Image search: [Google]
1444783310284.png
608KB, 945x574px
>>302803
>defending the argument
>not admitting to the argument
fuck it post memes
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.