[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Jesus a Zealot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1428057801821.jpg (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1428057801821.jpg
84KB, 800x600px
Was Jesus a Zealot?
>>
File: 1442974177774.jpg (24KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442974177774.jpg
24KB, 306x480px
>>295920
He is the Son of God.
>>
>>295934
Ok but was he a Zealot?
>>
>>295920
Essene
>>
>>295920
Considering that crucifixion was exclusively reserved for those who talked about overthrowing rome, Yes.
>>
>>295997
I thought the Romans just misunderstood Jesus?
>>
>>296037
Maybe, but he was seen as a risk factor anyway. Rome got nervous over citizen's assembly and they didn't want this weird jew cult getting out of hand.
>>
>love your enemies
>pray for those who persecute you
>the Roman soldier has great faith because he realizes we both have authority

I don't think so.
>>
>>295920

I don't recall him burning down any grain silos, so no.
>>
>>295920

He was an apocalyptic prophet who thought he would be the messiah in the literal Kingdom of God after God returned to overthrow the forces of evil that currently held power in the world.
>>
>>296115
Is that the Romans?
>>
>>297656
Pretty much yea.
>>
>>296094
Huh?
>>
>>295920
No he did not have a faction that he joined Jesus was against the zealots violent ways
>I'm a practicing Catholic
>>
>>297880

"Zealots" is how the קנאים are usually translated. They're most (in)famous for burning the grain sheds in Jerusalem during the siege in 70 and forcing the rest of the divided factions to try a do or die attack against the Romans.
>>
you know what I've noticed about 4chan?

dumbasses looking for replies by asking loaded questions.

let me explain to you how it works OP.

take this, "Is a carrot a vegetable?"

that is the hypothetical thread. you as OP, then looks up the requirements for vegetables, and compares it to the qualities of the carrot. you follow me?

ok, then, you find the inconsistencies in the definition, and THEN YOU MAKE THE FUCKING THREAD.

get it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.