[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trinity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (49KB, 520x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 520x462px
Why can nobody understand what the trinity means? There is a lot of disagreement of its meaning, is it possible that we may never understand at all?
>>
>>29419

It's a lie
>>
>>29419
>Why can nobody understand what the trinity means?
God is necessarily un-understandable unless you have been possessed by a valid eisegesis: that you are actually a living saint. Nobody can understand the nature of god. Do some basic theological reading before you open your shit trap in public.
>>
>>29419
The father, son, and holy ghost are separate entities yet facets of the same being. This is not a hard concept to understand and there are similar parallels in other world religions.
>>
Hegel got it.
>>
it's not supposed to be understandable, it has always been a mystery. if someone thinks they understand it, they don't, because you can't. if you look at all the dogmas and heresy surrounding the trinity you quickly find that all of the analogies you used to use to conceptualise it are errors.
>>
>>29419

It's been understood literally for two thousand years, and anyone who disagrees is a filthy Arian or Arian-derivative (I'm looking at you, Jehovah's Witnesses who stand on that one street corner by the library when I'm walking to class).
>>
>>29419
>>29994

Pic related.
>>
The Nicean creed spells it out generally while still preserving the fact that you can't fully understand it, nor are you meant to. God the Father is at the top of the triangle, the Son is begotten of Him but exists as the same essence, while the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father as light does from light and is the Spirit of God that speaks through men like prophets and whatnot.

All three perform different roles but exist as one God. It's kind of heretical but I see it almost like the Sefiroth because God is so ineffable that He has to have several forms capable of going down and interacting directly with Humanity.
>>
>>30091
I've also come to believe in my own opinion that the trinity could also represent facets of our universe. The Son being matter because He was physical, the Holy Spirit being energy because He works on earth without being seen, and the Father as spiritual energy since He resides in Heaven. This is just something I began thinking about a while ago trying to draw similarities to religion and modern science.
>>
>>30820
It can work as metaphor to the state of h2o it can be liquid, vapor or ice
Tbh im a atheist and think this is just mumbo jumbo
>>
>>30007
I have a question about Jesus. He was obviously born from the Holy Spirit, which gave him superpowers. But was Jesus part of the Trinity when he walked the land and performed miracles? Or did he only become part of the Trinity after ascending to Heaven?
>>
>>29919
But no one can get Hegel.
>>
>>33516
Ina brief way, his work on the Trinity is actually very simple:

"To deal shortly with the external character of their form: as in the world of culture state-power or the good was primary, so here the first and foremost moment is Absolute Being, spirit absolutely self-contained, so far as it is simple eternal substances.But in the process of realizing its constitutive notion which consists in being spirit, that substance passes over into a form where it exists for an other; its self-identity becomes actual Absolute Being, actualized in self-sacrifice; it becomes a self, but a self that is transitory and passes away. Hence the third stage is the return of self thus alienated, the substance thus abased, into its first primal simplicity. Only when this is done is spirit presented and manifested as spirit."
>>
>>33174
According to Christian theology Jesus IS God and was God from the beginning. He was not created and is of one essence with the Father. In order to be born in this world he was conceived by the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary and was thus fully man and fully God at the same time. The theorizing that he was half man and half god, or a man with the Holy Spirit, or a divine being that walks that earth without being human were all listed as heresies over the centuries. What gave him superpowers was simply being God in the first place, however he suffered and felt all the things humans felt, with the only difference being that He chose of His own will to not sin.

Read the Nicean Creed for the general picture.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.