[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girls and Gentlemen, get your tin foil hats, fadoras and neck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

Girls and Gentlemen, get your tin foil hats, fadoras and neck beards to prepare for some truth! ITT we discus why the Dark Ages never existed.
>>
menes
>>
File: darkages.gif (9KB, 363x323px) Image search: [Google]
darkages.gif
9KB, 363x323px
>>293127

But they did, as you can see from this chart.
>>
>>293150
>its a graph, so it must be true!
>>
File: 1442369867714.jpg (48KB, 363x323px) Image search: [Google]
1442369867714.jpg
48KB, 363x323px
>>293150
>>
the dark age was actually the light age until christianity was infiltrated and demonized by atheist muslims who worship baphomet
>>
Yeah, it existed, but it didn't last 1000 years, that's a ridiculous exaggeration.
>>
File: 192luw5c2uh7ojpg.jpg (174KB, 720x477px) Image search: [Google]
192luw5c2uh7ojpg.jpg
174KB, 720x477px
>Petulant teenage Atheists destroyed the library of Alexandria to make the church look bad.
>>
The niggers did 9/11
>>
No you don't understand
The Dark Ages literally never existed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis
>>
Historians argue wether or not certain events occurred in Europe during this time period such as Charlie the mange. But Vikings were a thing
>>
File: timeline[1].png (44KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
timeline[1].png
44KB, 500x539px
>>293150
>>293156
best version
>>
File: 1433892745403.jpg (136KB, 545x504px) Image search: [Google]
1433892745403.jpg
136KB, 545x504px
>>293231
>>
Who gives a shit the real issue is Bernie did 911
>>
I get the argument that the Dark Ages never really happened, but I don't understand the argument that the Renaissance never happened.
>>
>>293274
'Renaissance' has proven to be such a vague and porous word that it's basically useless.I have seen Journals using the term 'Renaissance Ireland' for fucks sake.
>>
>>293240
Well disregarding a number of other obvious holes in whatever this chart is arguing including the question of how you're measuring scientific advancement, Rome wasn't destroyed by Christianity.
>>
>>293389
It just means rebirth, or a relative resurgence of prosperity and relevance particularly cultural
>>
File: Muh Dark Age.png (2MB, 1386x4653px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Dark Age.png
2MB, 1386x4653px
>>
>>293274
because the term enlightenment is more appropriate and can basically be summed up by
>liberal political ideology
>advancement of art
>>
I've studied a lot of Post-Roman Britain history and you can clear see how they ended up in a 'Dark Age' situation. The Romans left, and within a generation their palaces and villas were ruins that no one knew how to repair, their governance was replaced by petty warlords who squabbled among themselves, and the tolerance between religions was replaced by strife between Christian sects and what few Celtic pagans remained. Then the Saxons came and what remained of Roman culture was scoured from the Romano-British as they were pushed back into Wales and Cornwall.

I think that Anglo-centrism has a lot to do with our perception of the time following the collapse of the WRE as the Dark Ages.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.