[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yitzhak Rabin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: rabin_the_last_day_still.jpg (136KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
rabin_the_last_day_still.jpg
136KB, 1296x730px
Was any chance for a lasting peace killed with him?

I know it's only been 20 years, but his assassination had a profound effect on the conflict in the Near East

Btw, is this film any good?
>>
>>292131
>implying the Oslo accords weren't implemented and failed miserably
>implying that the Arab leadership has even been interested in compromise
>implying land for peace isn't an ongoing disaster in Gaza
>implying that any chance for a lasting peace didn't die in the 1929 Hebron pogrom
>>
>>292131
Wasn't he the Isreali diplomat that tried to create peace but was killed by some Israeli radical? That was some bullshit that I will never understand. Is he remembered well in Israel? I heard he was actually hated, and the guy that killed him got married for his troubles.
>>
>>292186
So you are saying saying there will only be a perpetual war and trying to negotiate is meaningless?
>>
>>292198
He was a PM and his assassin is currently rotting in jail. They renamed the square where he was shot after him (Rabin not the killer)
>>
>>292202
Until one side or the other wins, or the Arabs have a major cultural revolution and accept the existence of Israel as Jewish state in something resembling the 67 borders yes there will be no peace. Until such time negotiation is but appeasement of criminal terror.
>>292204
I looked it up and the guy did in fact get married while in prison, apparently because Arabs in jail had been allowed the same privilege
>>
>>292225
Both sides are radicalising
It's hopeless
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 498x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 498x541px
>>292131
>Thinking that the kebab want peace.

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING KEKS!
>>
>>292247
I don't think so, the Israeli's are a lot softer now than they were when their existence was still threatened by the Arabs. But they're slowly starting to learn that compromising with religious fanatics is suicide.
>>
>>292265
Thatcher had the same opinion

Good Friday agreement proved her wrong
>>
File: Khaled3.jpg (23KB, 219x288px) Image search: [Google]
Khaled3.jpg
23KB, 219x288px
>>292265
>compromising with religious fanatics is suicide.
Then they should have compromised with nationalists.

But you can't cry for American money when you're fighting a real enemy, can you?
>>
>>292328
>Thatcher had the same opinion
>Good Friday agreement proved her wrong
The IRA weren't religious fanatics they were fanatics, some of whom happened to be religious. They weren't and aren't motivated by religion but by nationalism with some comparatively minor religious overtones. They weren't taking orders from the Pope, they didn't have Aquinas quotes in their covenant. The British government instituted a slow motion surrender to the IRA, which they can live with because the IRA didn't want to destroy Britain, just take a small, electorally insignificant piece of it's territory.
>it remains to be seen that NI will be at peace when they are subsumed into the Irish republic.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 236x279px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 236x279px
It's distressing that you can kill a man and his idea dies with him ;_;
>>
>>292366
>Then they should have compromised with nationalists.
That's usually also suicide, but as I explained sometimes it isn't.
>But you can't cry for American money when you're fighting a real enemy, can you?
Tell that UNRWA.
>>
>>292370
they implemented the Oslo accords, and they failed.
>>
>>292366
>But you can't cry for American money when you're fighting a real enemy, can you?
Fun fact, the Israelis won the 6 Day War when the US had an arms embargo on them.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.