[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me what do you know of Romania's history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Romania-Mare-Drapel.jpg (1MB, 3023x2207px) Image search: [Google]
Romania-Mare-Drapel.jpg
1MB, 3023x2207px
Tell me what do you know of Romania's history?
>>
Vlad the Impaler
Ceausescu

That's it t.b.h.
>>
Vampires.
>>
FUCKING VLACHS GET OUT OF MY BASIN

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
Making terrible soldiers
>>
>>29025
Blah blah we think we're dacians blah blah blah Vlad kill Turks blah blah blah Ceausescu kills bears
>>
File: hatarfeszegetes.png (192KB, 1140x774px) Image search: [Google]
hatarfeszegetes.png
192KB, 1140x774px
>>29082

This is your daily reminder that Transylvania will never be hungarian again
>>
File: 1334633291642.png (79KB, 283x255px) Image search: [Google]
1334633291642.png
79KB, 283x255px
>Southern Dobruja
>romanian
>>
>>29114
That's italy you are thinking of. Romanians aren't great, but they sure beat Italians
>>
Romans
Vlad the Implier
Ottoturk vassal states
Austrians
Transsylvania/Siebenbürgen
Hungarian pockets
Communism
>>
>>29218
As bad as italians are theyrebstill better then romanians
>>
>>29220
Also just remembered second vienna award and bessarabia, before communism
>>
How did they manage to maintain their Latin language after the universalization of Greek following Heraclius and the constant invasions and migrations by Slav tribes? And why is their country called Romania? I know that that's what the Byzantine Romans called the domains of their empire, but did Romanians cling to their Roman heritage following the Ottoman conquering of the Balkans, like how Greeks still called themselves Romans up until 30~ years ago, or is there anything else to it?
>>
>>29130
>we think we're dacians

Except that nobody believes this and there's a bigger pride in being descendants of Rome than of dacians
>>
>>29259

>nobody believes this

You are sadly mistaken
>>
File: 1419380500289.jpg (52KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1419380500289.jpg
52KB, 400x398px
>>29309
>>
gib Erdély back
>>
>>29479

>Give 40% of the country filled with romanians to Hungary

>Witness how hungarians are a minority in their own country and get assimilated by romanians

It's just crazy enough to work
>>
>>29255
The thing is romanians used a cyrillic alphabet until the early 1800's, some sources say that moldovans used a latin one even before but since most romanians were illiterate there's nothing really sure. Southern Romanians called their country "The Romanian country" while everyone else called it Wallachia, I don't really want to comment on this as I don't have a clear view.

>>29259
>Except that nobody believes this
Asta crezi tu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duj_84hnc58
>>
Ceausescu did nothing wrong.
>>
>>29999
>but since most romanians were illiterate
You make St Cyrill cry saying that m80
>>
>>29999
>Asta crezi tu

So there are a minority of retards, just like there's people who believe that they're spiritual reincarnations of King Arthur and that they are actual spirits of ancient druids

Every country has them m8t
>>
They come from India and mixed with the Turks.
>>
>>29025
the Romanian shitposters have arrived
>>
>>29999
>I don't really want to comment on this as I don't have a clear view
Wallachia is an exonym of German (I think) origin. Vlach means foreigner.
>>
>>30243
oh and also that there was a retarded gypsy who haxxed into the US government
>>
>>30312

Don't listen to him. He's a well known shitposter from /int/'s /balk/ and he's well known there for his historical revisionism.

The people of Wallachia always called their country Wallachia. This "Romanian land" crap is perpetuated only by him endlessly to push for a regionalist agenda.

And yes i know it's you Radu. Kindly fuck off back to /int/
>>
>>30371
>Radu
Try again, I'm not that faggot who literally believes Wallachia annexed Moldova back in '59.
>>
>>29025
Latin Gypsies who keked away their own culture and think that they are still Dacians.
>>
Radu please fuck off back to twcenter.
>>
File: 1430511057818.png (639KB, 1972x892px) Image search: [Google]
1430511057818.png
639KB, 1972x892px
>>
>>30371
>he people of Wallachia always called their country Wallachia
you wat amice? "Wallachians" called their country Tara Romaneasca. The inhabitants called themselves romani, rumani or munteni, olteni depending where they came from. Wallachia or valach is an exonym
>>
>>31049

"Oltean" is a recent name tho. Like Oltenia. It first started to exist during communism in the 60s
>>
>>29259
>nobody believes this
>>
>>31896

not a majority of people, no
>>
>>30371
But he is right. Moldavians and Wallachians are different, and filthy Miticăs are the reason why Romania is called balcanic. We, Radus, are not of balkan. We are of Eastern Yurop.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.